• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5202 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
hiohjiggyoh

Unable to login to Y!PP through Steam? Reply to this Post

Hi!

I've recently downloaded Steam and tried logging in to make sure it all works for when Dark Seas is released. However, each time I attempt to login I'm given this error when logging into any ocean:

Login failed: A server error caused authentication to fail.

Interestingly, I am able to login to my alt account just fine on any ocean.
I am using a MacBook Air running macOS Sierra. I have the latest version of Java.
----------------------------------------
Dinosaur
[Jun 20, 2017 10:08:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

Re: Unable to login to Y!PP through Steam? Reply to this Post

Do you have multiple Steam IDs that you use? It looks like the account name typed in your image is associated with a different Steam ID than the one that attempted to log in today.

If you temporarily switch back to that other Steam ID, you can "disassociate" it by clicking the blue arrow button in the upper left until it auto-logs you in using the Steam credentials.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Forculus at Jun 20, 2017 10:30:38 AM]
[Jun 20, 2017 10:27:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hiohjiggyoh

I forgot I had another account from a while ago. I disassociated my account from my old Steam ID per your instructions. I was still having the same issue, so I tried to log in again on my old Steam ID but also had that issue. I uninstalled and re-installed Y!PP but the problem persists. :/
Dinosaur
[Jun 20, 2017 10:47:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

The account still shows as associated with your old Steam ID. Please confirm the following steps:
  • Keep using the blue arrow button in the top left. When it shows a label saying "Use the Steam account created for you", press the button one last time.
  • Now you can close Puzzle Pirates, and switch to your new Steam ID.

[Jun 20, 2017 1:10:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hiohjiggyoh

Hm. Okay, I've done that. I returned to the page where I make a new pirate using the Steam account created for me. I logged into Puzzle Pirates on my new Steam ID. I'm still having the same problem. I will wait a little bit and contact Steam to see if they can delete the old account?

If I still can't login using my primary YPP and Steam accounts, everyone starts from the beginning on Dark Seas anyway. So I'll use my alt account. Thanks for helping me!
Dinosaur
[Jun 20, 2017 3:54:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

I manually updated it, you can try logging in with your new Steam ID and it should work.
[Jun 21, 2017 8:28:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hiohjiggyoh

Awesome! It worked! Thanks so much!
Dinosaur
[Jun 21, 2017 10:04:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Forculus wrote: 
I manually updated it, you can try logging in with your new Steam ID and it should work.

Customer support at its finest! :3 YARRR! (Random comment, ignore if ye want, lol.)
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Jun 21, 2017 5:30:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jeffdanger

I'm having the same issue. I've checked the other posts and definitely do not have another Steam account. Yet I get the "Use the Steam account created for you" button, click it, takes me to Create Yer Pirate. Attempting to log into my account normally gives authentication error. Any ideas?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[Apr 26, 2020 10:47:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates