• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4030 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Dantesk

Inter-Ocean Connection

We all know that Meridian is really low on people and market activity, what would happen is a route was made joining the oceans? that would greatly incentivate greater trade routes and economic interchange.

The only thing I'm not sure about is how dubs would work. Like on the old versions of PP? where money should be transferred through ships, making the oceans connections a really dangerous area due to piratery or with a sinle dub market for both oceans, which would be more boring really.
Also in the past I suggested the delivery cost be based on price since with high inflaton the deliver cost is greater than inn price for most cases, also afecting greatly the market, the inter-ocean connection would be, in my understanding, a better solution that should benefit both parties the most.

community gets the fun, devs got the dubs ;)
----------------------------------------
Dantesk en Jade y por ahi
[Jun 13, 2017 8:27:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hiohjiggyoh

Re: Inter-Ocean Connection

Meridian merged two oceans that were already relatively low-activity compared to Emerald. (Namely, Sage. Hunter had a short fad as everyone made additional pirates there when it was released.) I'm not certain how that would make Meridian more populated.

I think making Meridian a default ocean for new accounts for a while would help. Perhaps creating an incentive to choose Meridian?
Dinosaur
[Jun 13, 2017 8:58:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dantesk

The thing is I didn't propose to merge the oceans, just add a sea route that combines them, like a portal.
Each should keep it's individual economy and common players but goods are transferible through ships, allowing Meridian to keep being viable without killing the game with another merge, adding even some new content.

Imagine that sea route filled with resources rich ships and loads of pirates waiting to pillge, that would surely incentivate some PvP and market activity, 2 of the most popular aspects of the game
Dantesk en Jade y por ahi
[Jun 13, 2017 9:10:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

Ehh, I think really all that would happen is that many of the Meridian players would move their stuff over to Emerald, making the ocean even smaller XD
Scarpath on Emerald, Cerulean, and Meridian!

Also Scarpath on Obsidian, Defiant to the core.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Jun 13, 2017 10:23:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Darklord290

Sounds like a wonderful idea, whilst they're at it, turn it off!
[Jun 13, 2017 11:12:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

The thing is I didn't propose to merge the oceans, just add a sea route that combines them, like a portal.
Each should keep it's individual economy and common players but goods are transferible through ships, allowing Meridian to keep being viable without killing the game with another merge, adding even some new content.

Imagine that sea route filled with resources rich ships and loads of pirates waiting to pillge, that would surely incentivate some PvP and market activity, 2 of the most popular aspects of the game

I don't really see how that would be any different than "merging" the two oceans. That's effectively what an ocean merge is. It combines two oceans on the same map and allows a route between them.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Jun 13, 2017 11:52:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

The two oceans are on different servers. You would have to combine them onto one server, which would take time. And right now, GH is busy doing something else, that's going to suck down their time for, at a guess, the rest of the year, at least.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Jun 13, 2017 2:31:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Please read the announcement thread for the rules of the Game Design forum.

There are many resources which may be helpful in finding existing discussions to continue:
  • The Anti-list of ideas disapproved by the Game Developers. Note that they're not totally ruled out but the Game Developers often had some fairly strong objections and any further discussion on such ideas should start by addressing these objections. Note that philosophical objections are pretty firm e.g. no personal firearms in Puzzle Pirates. By definition it means there is an existing discussion on the idea.
  • The List of ideas the Game Developers didn't react adversely to. As the game gets updated, some of the ideas may become obsolete or unnecessary. By definition it means there is existing discussion on the idea.
  • The thread Hermes started contains links to suggestion threads for furniture, clothing, pets, trinkets and trophies.
  • Commonly discussed ideas is a fairly comprehensive listing of previously proposed ideas. In general the Game Developers have not expressed approval nor disapproval of these ideas.
  • Search (in Game Design) to see if your idea has come up before. You may prefer to use Google or some other search engine that you're more comfortable with. You can ask for help with searching in this thread:
    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=6605
    Generally you may expect a response within 24 hours, though questions with hard to find answers may take slightly longer.
If there's an existing discussion thread to reply to and it's older than a few months, be sure to call attention to the age of the thread. Including the word "bump" when adding new material will do.

Cleaver at one point considered that it would be necessary to assemble an armada to sail between Oceans. He acknowledged it would require a lot of coding to add this feature:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=31154#31154
[Jun 13, 2017 7:14:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Robyns090

This is essentially an idea to merge the two oceans which has been confirmed won't be happening.
Robyns
<3
[Jun 13, 2017 10:40:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates