• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 612
Posts: 612   Pages: 21   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 132877 times and has 611 replies Next Thread
Dazicans2

Re: On the Horizon: New Ocean, Big Changes! Reply to this Post

jlh0605 wrote: 
Dazicans2 wrote: 
I have gone through pretty much all the pages and havent seen anything about this.

Is there going to be a resolution fix for those of us with high resolution laptops etc? It is really difficult to play when stuck in a high native res and the game not adjusting to help out with this.
Forculus has made some changes on Ice that should help players with 4K displays. I would assume those changes will be applied to both production oceans and Obsidian.

As far as I know, the 4K resolution issues were fixed and implemented into the Options interface. The most recent client-side release implemented a fix based on a forum post in Technical Issues Forum. Or was it in Game Design?...

While I agree this is a good step. It was more of a scaling issue when playing at higher resolutions. I use a Surface Pro 4 and find that when putting the game into fullscreen, it pulls the screen apart and leaves it only in a corner of the actual screen.
I also notice that if I put it in windowed and at the native resolution, it tends to have tiny text and UI. I love the size of the window for Battle Nav, but it is very impractical for use.
----------------------------------------
Spyridondaz of Emerald Ocean
[Apr 28, 2017 7:07:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alstroemeria

Any news from the developers yet?
Competition exploiters scammed the community:

Thread
[Apr 29, 2017 10:01:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

I would seem that it's been a while, especially in this thread.
Scarpath on Emerald, Cerulean, and Meridian!

Also Scarpath on Obsidian, Defiant to the core.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Apr 30, 2017 9:25:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cyndiepet

Aethera21 wrote: 
I'd ask only one thing: can you please send out an email for alpha/beta, and for launch? I think a lot of us would like to help you test things, and I don't want to miss it because I don't check the forums much anymore.

I second the request for emails sent out for beta!

All those in favor, say Aye!
Cyndiepet

Original Queen of Pay for Play

now....

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Pgoog wrote: 
Pgoog has an Ultimate standing in Loving across the Universe

[Apr 30, 2017 8:20:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
darkwiesten

Aethera21 wrote: 
I'd ask only one thing: can you please send out an email for alpha/beta, and for launch? I think a lot of us would like to help you test things, and I don't want to miss it because I don't check the forums much anymore.

I second the request for emails sent out for beta!

All those in favor, say Aye!

Aye!
Darkwiesten/Sinkfun, of Viridian Meridian
[May 1, 2017 10:39:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.Cyclones.hsc.be [Link]  Go to top 
LisaKayeLA

I would seem that it's been a while, especially in this thread.

Shorty posted could be as late as September. I'm so not good at waiting.
Cpt - Debauchery at Sea
Queen of I Don't Give a Fluff (technically)
Always just a text away.

*NOTE: All comments, opinions and observations are strictly my own and do not reflect those of my flag unless I'm queen.
[May 4, 2017 3:05:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bubblesalt

Aye!

I really hope they advertise this new ocean / spam old pirate's email addresses etc etc.

(Checking this thread every month like a madman)
Bubbleboy on the Virdian Ocean.
[May 7, 2017 9:46:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
scupperer

Did someone say shop destruction?
I believe that we are all, openly or secretly, struggling against one or another kind of nihilism. - Ellen Willis
[May 9, 2017 2:21:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.scupperer.com [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

scupperer wrote: 
Did someone say shop destruction?

Aye, that's the main theme of Blockading islands. Giving the winners the option to dust Shoppes, or so the discussion went.
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[May 9, 2017 3:01:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Amiko3

Will you be supporting Linux platforms? Because at the moment I can't install PP on Linux through Steam but I can install and run directly from website.

So will you do the official support for Linux on steam?

Shouldn't be hard since it's build on Java you know :P JVM power.
Drinking <3
Amiko on all oceans except for Sage. (Amico there)

Jojje is a nab, Saviour is a nab, luminacy/prevet is a nab. and yeah Ions is a nab also.

Avatar By Cannonade Of Midnight.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Amiko3 at May 22, 2017 4:26:28 PM]
[May 22, 2017 3:51:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shinito

Will you be supporting Linux platforms? Because at the moment I can't install PP on Linux through Steam but I can install and run directly from website.

So will you do the official support for Linux on steam?

I'd say there's dozens of us but that would be a considerable population.
Thorkill on Malachite 2.0 Obsidian
Developer for Nautical Spy Agency
[May 22, 2017 4:03:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Florianlp

I have a Question regarding shops.
Will shops per building limited or are they endless?
Like the housing?

I like the idea of limited numbers of shops per shop house
[May 24, 2017 5:38:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

I have a Question regarding shops.
Will shops per building limited or are they endless?
Like the housing?

I like the idea of limited numbers of shops per shop house

You mean number of stalls in bazaars, right?
I don't think there is a limit.

And it's interesting what you are saying - putting a limit on the number of stalls in a bazaar... however, I am leaning against this.

If they put a limit to the number of stalls that can be opened in a bazaar, then the newer players (or players who decide later that they want to try stall management) will be unable to open a stall if all slots are already taken by older players. =/
Add: Another possible problem with this... what if someone just creates lots of alts and takes all the slots in an island's bazaar (or convinces their crewbies and flaggies to do so) resulting in them monopolizing the (for example) IM stalls on that island? We don't really want that, do we? =P
Opsat on all oceans.
(Also Opsat-East on Emerald and Meridian, and Opsat-West on Cerulean.)
And on Obsidian: Opsat, Meghost, and Meshadow.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Opsat at May 24, 2017 7:06:27 PM]
[May 24, 2017 6:58:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Florianlp

Maybe some kind of license + stat which allows you
to own a shop, and the stat of shop keeping decides how many shops
you can own/run?

something like that.
[May 25, 2017 11:29:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mysteryman64

I think probably a better discouragement is just a higher base tax rate. Acts as more of a sink and makes them a bit harder to operate at a profit unless there is a severe shortage from the shops (which should in theory happen from time to time with the new dusting mechanics.)
The Devil's Advocate
[May 25, 2017 2:37:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

I would prefer the idea of limiting the number of stalls/shoppes one pirate can run/manage, rather than limiting the number of stalls in a bazaar.
Opsat on all oceans.
(Also Opsat-East on Emerald and Meridian, and Opsat-West on Cerulean.)
And on Obsidian: Opsat, Meghost, and Meshadow.
[May 25, 2017 6:49:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Florianlp

@Forculus

Do you guys plan to ask some bigger Youtubers to make AD for PP?

Benefits:
+ They wont ask for millions to do that
+ Many people will try pp out then
+ even if out of 1.000 only 50 stay its GOOD!
[May 26, 2017 4:37:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forsakenone9

Hello!

A bunch of people have grouped together and are discussing taking this ocean seriously.

Our very big major one and only behemoth of a concern is if whether or not YPP will also be taking this ocean seriously.

We kind of expect there to be no Pay to Win aspects at all or we will simply not put as much effort into this ocean as we intend to.

This means no ships (AT ALL) for doubloons.

Can we get confirmation from the devs and the management team that they intend to live up to this expectation? :)

Cheers!
[Jun 8, 2017 9:49:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

I'd be extremely surprised if ships didn't have doubloon delivery charges, though if there is going to be a lot more sinking (so more consumption of ships) it could be lower than it is today.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Jun 8, 2017 2:38:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Altich

It is true that the current model is terrible for a supposedly free to play game. The doubloon cost of items is 3 times the poe cost. Poe value has become so small, it just doesn't feel right.

Personally, I would prefer the doubloons to be entirely removed from the market. Introduce more badges, like one to use advanced swords, advanced clothing, for using/moving furniture etc. or, hell with it, just introduce a subscription model where u can sell subscription-tokens.

But because I'm not sure if these suggestions are possible, I would be content if they just took steps at making the doubloon/poe imbalance more even, so that e.g. ship cost is 75% poe and 25% doubloon or something like that.

Also, the doubloon cost isn't entirely based on the demand and supply of the doubloons. With a steady supply and demand, the doubloon cost can be altered by changing the worth of the poes.
[Jun 8, 2017 7:33:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forsakenone9

It is true that the current model is terrible for a supposedly free to play game. The doubloon cost of items is 3 times the poe cost. Poe value has become so small, it just doesn't feel right.

Personally, I would prefer the doubloons to be entirely removed from the market. Introduce more badges, like one to use advanced swords, advanced clothing, for using/moving furniture etc. or, hell with it, just introduce a subscription model where u can sell subscription-tokens.

But because I'm not sure if these suggestions are possible, I would be content if they just took steps at making the doubloon/poe imbalance more even, so that e.g. ship cost is 75% poe and 25% doubloon or something like that.

Also, the doubloon cost isn't entirely based on the demand and supply of the doubloons. With a steady supply and demand, the doubloon cost can be altered by changing the worth of the poes.

The worth of PoE is directly relevant to how much PoE there is in circulation and how easy it is to come by. Since Doubloons from Doubloon Oceans will not be transferrable to the Obsidian Ocean, there will be a VERY high demand for PoE while Doubloons will be easy to come by.

Changing subscription models is no easy feat and I doubt they would want to play around with this for the time being.
[Jun 9, 2017 4:56:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Altich

The worth of PoE is directly relevant to how much PoE there is in circulation and how easy it is to come by. Since Doubloons from Doubloon Oceans will not be transferrable to the Obsidian Ocean, there will be a VERY high demand for PoE while Doubloons will be easy to come by.

Of course, everybody knows that. But keep in mind that at the creation of a new ocean, poe value is always high (and doubloons cheap). This until the market is saturated with poes and the doubloon value skyrockets.

I just hope they will invent a mechanism to avoid this. Some more poe sink maybe? And a bit less doubloon sink. (Remember that, since ships will sink more, there will be need for MUCH more doubloons, and that will already make doubloons too valuable. The same acts as a poe sink too, but still.) I don't have knowledge at economics so I don't know how they'll fix this. But I hope they will find a way. I don't like paying 3 times as much for doubloons than I do for poes when buying anything.

I know this is to encourage us to buy doubloons, but still such a difference doesn't feel right.
[Jun 9, 2017 6:24:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

Of course, everybody knows that. But keep in mind that at the creation of a new ocean, poe value is always high (and doubloons cheap). This until the market is saturated with poes and the doubloon value skyrockets.

I just hope they will invent a mechanism to avoid this. Some more poe sink maybe? And a bit less doubloon sink. (Remember that, since ships will sink more, there will be need for MUCH more doubloons, and that will already make doubloons too valuable. The same acts as a poe sink too, but still.) I don't have knowledge at economics so I don't know how they'll fix this. But I hope they will find a way. I don't like paying 3 times as much for doubloons than I do for poes when buying anything.

I know this is to encourage us to buy doubloons, but still such a difference doesn't feel right.

I still hold out hope for a lower delivery fee on ships. After all, who has the money to spend $30 on YPP every month just so they can keep up with PvP?
Scarpath on Emerald, Cerulean, and Meridian!

Also Scarpath on Obsidian, Defiant to the core.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Jun 9, 2017 10:16:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mikipiki

I still hold out hope for a lower delivery fee on ships. After all, who has the money to spend $30 on YPP every month just so they can keep up with PvP?

I think overall with the approach to Obsidian, certain ships like sloops, will end up to be alot cheap for a few reasons, most of which are assumed that players will buy dubloons.
- Old players returning.
- Current players buying doubloons assuming they'll have an upperhand.
- People that can afford to alot of doubloons will keep doing so.

At the end of the day, if a sloop is gonna stay at the current price then the ocean will die after the hype of opening.

EDIT: Remember though that the grey waters (from what I remember) are non sinking, so essentially it might be possible that if the rewards for pillaging in the PVP area aren't great enough, there may be quite a few pillies in this safe area.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mikipiki at Jun 9, 2017 11:59:49 AM]
[Jun 9, 2017 11:58:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Precision168

Will definitely be returning to the game for this - looking forward to people actually having to pillage again to earn their PoE rather than the majority trying to earn theirs from poker!

Great idea!
[Jun 11, 2017 4:04:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rudebwoi

Interesting, I very much like the sound of this ocean. I can see both positives and negatives, but I'm certainly going to follow what happens. Nice to see some old hands posting too.

Now I'm off for a cuppa tea :)
A Cuppa Tea makes everything better!
[Jun 12, 2017 5:34:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
half_dead8

Hey! This is one of the very few times ill post to the forums.

I HATE how high the dubloon prices have gotten. I remember way back when dubloons cost about 600-800 poe. I really feel that for this new ocean the dubloon price should be a firm non changing number assigned by the dev team. New players coming in or old players coming back cant keep up with the crazy inflation of dubloon prices.

The only way you can get anywhere with money in this game is poker, or trading. Neither of which should be the MAIN ways to a profitable life in Puzzle Pirates!

I think you should have dubloons be a fixed price and match the pillaging, expo, SMH, ect.. payout accordingly.

The smallest ship cost, if you were to buy it from a shop, is 101,272 at the time of my posting. 20 dubloons if you go to the bank and buy them cost 88,180. That number is ridiculous. It demotivates new players from being able to purchase their first ship, it fluctuates basically every minute usually costing more as the time passes.

I really hope you guys try and fix this major problem with this new ocean.

This new ocean can't get here fast enough for me! :)
-----------------------------------------------------
Jamn of Sage, now Emerald
[Jun 12, 2017 9:27:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadymermady

Interesting, I very much like the sound of this ocean. I can see both positives and negatives, but I'm certainly going to follow what happens. Nice to see some old hands posting too.

Now I'm off for a cuppa tea :)

Ok grandpa, cya there ;)
Shadymermady - Meridian
Shadeh/Betty - Emerald

Queen of Annunaki

Crip tells ye, "bout to turn on my balls warmer.."
[Jun 13, 2017 12:40:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Altich

Oh man, I bet the testing will begin at 30 June 23:59. At that only if they are not late.
[Jun 13, 2017 6:05:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

Oh man, I bet the testing will begin at 30 June 23:59. At that only if they are not late.

It wouldn't surprise me at all.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Scythera <3
[Jun 13, 2017 8:03:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 612   Pages: 21   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates