• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4388 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Spookil

Ocean Merging

It's time we pute aside Obsidian and discuss the merge of Meridian and Emerald.Meridian is dying and everyone is moving to Emerald.The poe lost will be huge and we must fix discuss a way to fix it.
The Game will lose a lot of it's players if you let Meridian die as Jade and Opal died.
If we merge it somehow-making a new ocean layout with only the active islands.It might bring it up once more.With Oblivion, many old players will try it out at first... leaving the dieing of Meridian even bigger,Therefore , its time you let people know what to ddo!We're lost!

Thanks.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Spookil at Mar 14, 2017 1:54:21 PM]
[Mar 14, 2017 9:51:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shinito

Re: Hello

i have better suggestion

split meridian back to viridian and mala

#FreeMala
Thorkill on Malachite 2.0 Obsidian
[Mar 14, 2017 10:36:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Silverdream

Re: Ocean Merging

They let my home ocean Opal die, why should they rescue Meridian? Think logically. There will be a new ocean Obsidian, that means much $$$ for the game provider. Do you really think they will waste developer time for a dieing or nearly dead ocean? I think a discussion of the ocean merging is useless. Maybe i am wrong, but i think i am right.
Platia - Captain of Kraken Hunt - Monarch of Kraken Down (Emerald)

Platia - Captain of Kraken Hunt (Obsidian)

Platia - Senior Officer of Lords of Darkness - Monarch of Dark Shadows (Opal)

------

Platia on all other oceans!
[Mar 14, 2017 3:55:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

There will be a new ocean Obsidian, that means much $$$ for the game provider.

With the way the current population seems to be declining, I am starting to think the game will be dead before Obsidian even gets released.
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Mar 14, 2017 3:59:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
Raalala

Or you know, we could not merge more oceans because, it doesn't fix the problem.

Again, the problem is keeping new players playing. Heck, getting new players playing, sticking us all into a bigger pool of islands will not make more people, it'll make us all more spread out (Heck, everyone would still end up at Admiral over Lima)
~ Bambeh

Johnydepp says; 'BatBam, your f-ing play on words fetish'
Priapus says; 'Mate, look at his screen, you could play chess on that.'

[Mar 15, 2017 9:37:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Altich

I see the Meridian is almost dead already, barely having 20% of the Emerald population. Thus, a merging would only benefit this 20%. I think, since players are already abandoning Meridian, they should just let Meridian die by itself, no merge needed. Players will "merge" to Emerald by themselves by moving over.

When obsidian is out I guess many players will move over permanently, leaving all other oceans with even fewer players. Imo, I don't really think that's such a bad thing. It has been over a decade and it is time to move on. So,I suggest just leave the old servers going and let the players decide if and when they want to let them die.
[Mar 15, 2017 12:25:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nouer

Why do we need to merge? Just let the ocean die. Most people have moved over to Emerald now and that's where most people play. Merging would take a long time and waste precious developer time for little benefit.
[Mar 15, 2017 2:13:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
peperox

I believe it's time for Grey Havens to officially give us a position about it.
Peperox
On all Oceans

Main at Viridian
BOHICA!
[Mar 15, 2017 7:27:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.pirates-in-real.page.tl [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

The oceans have already been merged once and are still in this situation, what's another merge going to do?

And I'm pretty sure at least one blue name has said somewhere that another merge is not feasible (possibly due to how big the database would be?).
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Mar 16, 2017 5:28:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

Forculus wrote: 
We probably won't be merging Meridian and Emerald, instead we're going to focus on making some interesting changes, shaking things up a bit, and trying to get the population numbers higher again.

There were definitely pros and cons to the original merges, and I feel strongly it was best for the long-term health of the game. I don't think it would turn out the same in this case, it would be a very short-term band-aid, and there might be performance issues after merging these two already gigantic databases.

- Post on: Jun 6, 2016 10:56:45 PM

Faulkston wrote: 
Here's an existing discussion to continue:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=201046
It's from this year which means it will take into account current conditions.

Though many of the points made in an earlier discussion still would hold. And as for merging the non-English language oceans in as well,that's been proposed also .

Jjc on Emerald
CI booty division stats
[Mar 16, 2017 9:33:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates