• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 28
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6109 times and has 27 replies Next Thread
Brianjd

New Ship Porting Mechanics (when at war) Reply to this Post

I am not really sure where in YPPedia to put this information, so I was just going to post the raw data here, I did some testing as a result of the new ship porting mechanics (when at war) and determined the cost per ship size, and determined that using a Limited Edition ship (different subclass) does not have any effect on the cost. Anyways here is the data:

Ship size Cost
Sloop 50
Cutter 70
Dhow 70
Fanchuan 70
Longship 90
Baghlah 100
Junk 100
Merchant Brig 120
War Brig 140
Merchant Galleon 190
Xebec 220
War Frigate 330
Grand Frigate 460

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that I should include what island sizes I tested this at, I only tested it at Large Islands (Barbary and Caravanserai) if anybody has any different data from an island of a different size, please let me know.
----------------------------------------
Atropos says, "Ha,I'm afraid I cannot accept your crabs, sorry."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Brianjd at Feb 8, 2017 9:16:09 AM]
[Feb 8, 2017 9:13:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yanojr

Re: New Ship Porting Mechanics (when at war) Reply to this Post

Is this per hour your ship is ported there?
[Feb 8, 2017 9:15:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Brianjd

Is this per hour your ship is ported there?

According to the update notes it should be an hour. I just paid the bounty (came out of my pocket not from hold even though there was enough PoE in the hold to cover the costs). After that, I was able to port/deport all I wanted, so I guess in an hour I would have to pay again.
[Feb 8, 2017 9:25:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yanojr

We should try to leave a ship there with i sufficient funds maybe you cant deport untill you pay the fees... Idk lol... Would be interesting... But could end up quite expensive
[Feb 8, 2017 9:36:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

I'm hoping there isn't a difference between the Bribes according to island size.... Would mean I would have to tweak the Ship Template even further than what I did yesterday when the release came out.... But then... All I'd have to do is put in three sub-parameters, so whatever. :P
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Gunnerfreak at Feb 8, 2017 10:54:39 AM]
[Feb 8, 2017 10:39:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brianjd

We should try to leave a ship there with i sufficient funds maybe you cant deport untill you pay the fees... Idk lol... Would be interesting... But could end up quite expensive

Ships can deport wherever they want whenever they want without having to pay. You can still port by ditching it and letting it autoport after 15 minutes, but anything in the Booty chest would be lost.
[Feb 8, 2017 11:29:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Ships can deport wherever they want whenever they want without having to pay. You can still port by ditching it and letting it autoport after 15 minutes, but anything in the Booty chest would be lost.

Okay, so that's confirmed.

Still need confirmation on whether the island size has an effect on the Bribe amount...
[Feb 8, 2017 1:01:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brianjd

Still need confirmation on whether the island size has an effect on the Bribe amount...

I will check around some flags, see if anybody has a war dec against them from an outpost/medium island holding flag, and see if I can convince them to let me come in for a bit to do some testing, will be a few hours though before I can get the chance.
[Feb 8, 2017 1:53:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

I will check around some flags, see if anybody has a war dec against them from an outpost/medium island holding flag, and see if I can convince them to let me come in for a bit to do some testing, will be a few hours though before I can get the chance.

No worries! Take your time! :)
[Feb 8, 2017 2:08:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brianjd

Okay, so I used Pauldancer's Crew (Keyboard Warrior) also shout out to Kaptklutch for nothing (he demanded this shout out).

I found that the price of porting sloops at an outpost and a medium is the same as porting at a Large, I do not know for sure what the tax rates were at each island, but the islands were Barbary, Caravanserai, Lowland Hundred, Gallows. If anybody knows the current tax rates of those, it would be appreciative to know just to rule out tax rates changing the cost.

Edit 4: ignore EVERYTHING about a glitch..... totally forgot to promote my pirate >.> wow do I look like an idiot...
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Brianjd at Feb 8, 2017 6:16:44 PM]
[Feb 8, 2017 5:42:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Okay, so just need to verify whether tax rates have an effect on the bribe costs. Otherwise, it's all the same and therefore no need to add sub-parameters. I'll add the costs to the individual ship pages tomorrow. After verification, of course. Thanks for your help, mate! :3
[Feb 8, 2017 5:53:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brianjd

Okay, so just need to verify whether tax rates have an effect on the bribe costs. Otherwise, it's all the same and therefore no need to add sub-parameters. I'll add the costs to the individual ship pages tomorrow. After verification, of course. Thanks for your help, mate! :3

Just checked with island owners of Barbary/Caravanserai and they said it is at 100%, not sure about Gallows (you can set a tax rate even though you're only taxing a flag-owned shoppe) or Lowland, will get in touch with Illusion when I can.

Edit: woke Trunks up to find out taxes on Gallows (Outpost), they are currently at 0% and the price was 50 PoE for a sloop, same as at 100% on a Large Island. This shows that the Port Taxes are a flat rate, and not dependent on any other variables.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Brianjd at Feb 8, 2017 6:18:34 PM]
[Feb 8, 2017 6:02:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Just checked with island owners of Barbary/Caravanserai and they said it is at 100%, not sure about Gallows (you can set a tax rate even though you're only taxing a flag-owned shoppe) or Lowland, will get in touch with Illusion when I can.

Edit: woke Trunks up to find out taxes on Gallows (Outpost), they are currently at 0% and the price was 50 PoE for a sloop, same as at 100% on a Large Island. This shows that the Port Taxes are a flat rate, and not dependent on any other variables.

So it's 50 PoE for a Sloop at each island size? I wonder if there's a difference for larger ships. At least Sloops seem to be confirmed, yay! Thanks. Maybe try checking out whether there's a difference for GF's. lol.

ETA: As in a difference in Bribe costs increasing in a parabolic arc as the ship size/class gets larger. If it's still the same with GF's as it is with Sloops, we can likely safely say that it is a flat rate.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Gunnerfreak at Feb 9, 2017 4:44:32 AM]
[Feb 9, 2017 4:17:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brianjd

So it's 50 PoE for a Sloop at each island size? I wonder if there's a difference for larger ships. At least Sloops seem to be confirmed, yay! Thanks. Maybe try checking out whether there's a difference for GF's. lol.

ETA: As in a difference in Bribe costs increasing in a parabolic arc as the ship size/class gets larger. If it's still the same with GF's as it is with Sloops, we can likely safely say that it is a flat rate.

I will likely wait until after the weekend, I have been pestering people for testing, and want to give them a break before I pester some more lol.
[Feb 9, 2017 8:57:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

I will likely wait until after the weekend, I have been pestering people for testing, and want to give them a break before I pester some more lol.

Edit (Oops, had it in a quote....): Heh. Again, no worries. Take yer time! :3
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Gunnerfreak at Feb 10, 2017 9:43:29 AM]
[Feb 10, 2017 6:14:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

Uhm... just to clarify... do you have to pay per hour of being ported there? Or just at the time of porting?

Also, if ye leave and come back, do you pay each time you try to port there?
Opsat on all oceans.
(Also Opsat-East on Emerald and Meridian, and Opsat-West on Cerulean.)
And on Obsidian: Opsat, Meghost, and Meshadow.
[Feb 12, 2017 4:51:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brianjd

Uhm... just to clarify... do you have to pay per hour of being ported there? Or just at the time of porting?

Basically, let's sail you're at war with (or the island owning flag has declared war on you) the flag that owns Admiral. You are sailing from Kent-Admiral, you get there on your sloop, and in order to port you must pay 50 PoE out of your pocket. You then can port there all you want with that one ship for one hour. You can leave the island and come back 59 minutes later and port again. However if you come back after one hour, you must pay another 50 PoE to port again.
[Feb 13, 2017 12:26:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brianjd

Okay, I think I did it, I found a flag with a war declared against them from an outpost island holding flag. Shout out to Rafaello for letting me put an alt in his crew to test this.

I tested with a Merchant Galleon and it cost me 190 PoE to port the ship. I also tested with a War Frigate and it cost me 330 PoE to port.

These values are the same as the initially determined Port Tax values. I think we can safely say that the Port Tax is a flat rate based solely on ship size (maximum pirate number?).
[Feb 13, 2017 12:41:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Okay, I think I did it, I found a flag with a war declared against them from an outpost island holding flag. Shout out to Rafaello for letting me put an alt in his crew to test this.

I tested with a Merchant Galleon and it cost me 190 PoE to port the ship. I also tested with a War Frigate and it cost me 330 PoE to port.

These values are the same as the initially determined Port Tax values. I think we can safely say that the Port Tax is a flat rate based solely on ship size (maximum pirate number?).

Ported a GF at Harmattan on Cerulean and Taxes were said to be set to 50% and I paid 460 PoE. Does seem to be confirmed as a flat rate for Bribes. Thanks for your help, mate! :) I'll add all the data tomorrow to YPPedia.
[Feb 13, 2017 2:30:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

Basically, let's sail you're at war with (or the island owning flag has declared war on you) the flag that owns Admiral. You are sailing from Kent-Admiral, you get there on your sloop, and in order to port you must pay 50 PoE out of your pocket. You then can port there all you want with that one ship for one hour. You can leave the island and come back 59 minutes later and port again. However if you come back after one hour, you must pay another 50 PoE to port again.

Ok. Thanks. =) That much is clear.

But what if (again, to clarify something asked earlier) I port there (and paid 50 PoE), then leave my sloop ported there for, say, 5 hours.
a. Will my sloop be charged 50 poe automatically on the hour every hour? Thereby needing sufficient funds (~200 PoE) in the hold. Or...
b. Will I be charged (~200 PoE out of my pocket) for those 5 hours when I come back and try to deport 5 hours later? Or...
c. Will I be charged nothing, and can deport freely no matter how long I have been ported there?
Opsat on all oceans.
[Feb 13, 2017 3:16:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brianjd

Awesome news!

On another note, I went through and I was trying to figure out why they chose these numbers and by looking at all ship information the only thing I could find is if you multiply the maximum number of swabbies on a ship by 10 you get the Port Tax numbers that I came up with.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Brianjd at Feb 13, 2017 8:15:50 PM]
[Feb 13, 2017 7:50:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brianjd

Ok. Thanks. =) That much is clear.

But what if (again, to clarify something asked earlier) I port there (and paid 50 PoE), then leave my sloop ported there for, say, 5 hours.
a. Will my sloop be charged 50 poe automatically on the hour every hour? Thereby needing sufficient funds (~200 PoE) in the hold. Or...
b. Will I be charged (~200 PoE out of my pocket) for those 5 hours when I come back and try to deport 5 hours later? Or...
c. Will I be charged nothing, and can deport freely no matter how long I have been ported there?

a. You only get charged when your ship is arriving at an island and is attempting to go into port. Ships in port are not charged for being in port.

b. No, see above, once your ship is ported, there are no additional fees that need to be paid (unless you set sail after an hour has passed and come back and try to port again)

c. There is no fee for deporting, only for porting.
[Feb 13, 2017 7:52:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Awesome news!

On another note, I went through and I was trying to figure out why they chose these numbers and by looking at all ship information the only thing I could find is if you multiply the maximum number of swabbies on a ship by 10 you get the Port Tax numbers that I came up with.

/me facepalms. "My word, I must be blind!" lol.
ETA: Just completed updating ALL Ship pages on YPPedia with the Bribe costs. Once again, thanks for yer help, mate! :3
ETA2: Also, the Bribe cost is half of what Swabbies demand to be paid per LP on a voyage. o.O
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Gunnerfreak at Feb 14, 2017 6:13:03 AM]
[Feb 14, 2017 4:18:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

a. You only get charged when your ship is arriving at an island and is attempting to go into port. Ships in port are not charged for being in port.

b. No, see above, once your ship is ported, there are no additional fees that need to be paid (unless you set sail after an hour has passed and come back and try to port again)

c. There is no fee for deporting, only for porting.

Ok. Thanks. =)
Opsat on all oceans.
[Feb 14, 2017 9:56:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brianjd

New Update: Just because you pay taxes to enter a ship onto a blockade board oceanside (and thus should be able to port) you are not able to exit that vessel islandside and enter port. I am unsure if it is a bug or intended, but it has been bug reported.

P.S. You have to pay as attackers to enter Oceanside.
[Feb 19, 2017 12:26:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Brianjd wrote: 
New Update: Just because you pay taxes to enter a ship onto a blockade board oceanside (and thus should be able to port) you are not able to exit that vessel islandside and enter port. I am unsure if it is a bug or intended, but it has been bug reported.

P.S. You have to pay as attackers to enter Oceanside.

Doesn't sound intended. O.o
[Feb 19, 2017 1:38:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

ETA2: Also, the Bribe cost is half of what Swabbies demand to be paid per LP on a voyage. o.O
Isn't it double?

But yes, it does seem to be per swabbie for all ship types, regardless of tax level and/or island size. Thanks for getting all the good data so quickly!
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Feb 28, 2017 4:18:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

jlh0605 wrote: 
Gunnerfreak wrote: 
Isn't it double?

But yes, it does seem to be per swabbie for all ship types, regardless of tax level and/or island size. Thanks for getting all the good data so quickly!

No problem, though it was Brianjd who did most of the work. I wasn't able to do it myself because of a mobile data crisis. Had to severely reduce my usage for that cycle.
[Feb 28, 2017 6:18:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates