• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2120 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Halfbrain5

Emerald flotilla Reply to this Post

I couldn't decide whether to post this in a global thread or here but I was wondering if anybody could help unconfuse me. In Gaea blockade, Barney didn't send in any ships for rounds 4 or 5, which seemed to indicate he was killed off in round 3. So why is his flotilla still in the same spot that it was before?
----------------------------------------
Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Sell me your ink! any Cerulean island 500/unit

Yer daily horoscope reads: Investing in insane dogs will result in good health

Ohiya says, "By the way how many curly toads does it take to make curly toad slippers
[Jan 24, 2017 2:25:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Re: Emerald flotilla Reply to this Post

A Flot stays until it is killed off. It does not disappear if defeated in a Cade, as shown by Madam Yu Jian attacking four times consecutively, Chaparral twice in a month's span. This was when it was between Chaparral and Macaw/Durian. I keep forgetting what the interarch is. But you get what I mean.
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Jan 24, 2017 3:53:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

It appears that the flotilla will also disappear when the BK wins an island.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 24, 2017 4:05:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

ok, thanks. So a flotilla can be killed only by flotilla attack and sinking BK ships in a blockade rather than just winning by points is an attempt to reduce the strength of the flotilla for the next attack?

Ohiya says, "By the way how many curly toads does it take to make curly toad slippers
[Jan 24, 2017 4:41:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

ok, thanks. So a flotilla can be killed only by flotilla attack

Yes, or by having the BK take an island.

and sinking BK ships in a blockade rather than just winning by points is an attempt to reduce the strength of the flotilla for the next attack?

The BK strength tends to regrow after a blockade and can easily back to the original strength by the next week.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 24, 2017 6:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

Just out of curiosity, what are the details of that Gaea blockade you mentioned? Who won round 1, round 2, etc. Points?
Opsat on all oceans.
(Also Opsat-East on Emerald and Meridian, and Opsat-West on Cerulean.)
And on Obsidian: Opsat, Meghost, and Meshadow.
[Jan 24, 2017 6:01:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

Barney won 1 & 2 (by large margins if I am remembering correctly). Otherworld won round 3 by going ahead in points in last segment. Rounds 4 & 5 Barney zip.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Halfbrain5 at Jan 24, 2017 7:06:22 PM]
[Jan 24, 2017 7:04:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates