• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 34
Posts: 34   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12393 times and has 33 replies Next Thread
Nemesis
OceanMaster

December (not-daily) Doodle: Deck Yer Deck! [Winners Announced!] Reply to this Post

What are we doing? Decking the Halls is too mainstream. Let's deck our decks!
How do we play? Decorate your own vessel to display how you celebrate the winter holidays!
Why do we do this? Tis the season!
When do I have to do this? 11:00 am Tuesday, December 13, 2016

The details
* You'll need a ship. Any ship type is fine, but should not be an LE ship and ideally would be unpainted/undecorated to start.
* Use any furniture, items, paint, props, pets, or pirates you'd like! If you can put it aboard your ship in the game, you can use it.
* While I encourage you to decorate your entire ship, for the purposes of this contest, only the main deck and one room (cabin or below deck is fine!) are required.
* If you submit more than the required images, please be sure to clearly indicate which two rooms/decks you would like to be judged on or we'll pick the first two whether they fit the requirements or not!
* If you cannot post an image, please post a link to an online hosting site like http://imageshack.us/ or http://photobucket.com
* Entries should include:
    Your pirate's name
    Your ocean
    Your favorite in-game color, excluding special colors
    At least four images or links to images (maximum size 600 x 600) showing the before and after for the two areas

----------------------------------------
Hera says, "I wish I was awesome enough to be on #TeamEvil!"
Later...
Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
----------------------------
[Edit 5 times, last edit by Nemesis at Dec 22, 2016 7:52:26 AM]
[Dec 5, 2016 6:18:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Re: December (not-daily) Doodle: Deck Yer Deck! [deadline 11.00am 13th Dec] Reply to this Post

Cattrin on Cerulean
Color: White!

On deck is the central parrrty area- we've got your guestbook at the door, your finger foods and drinks, your comfy couches, and your bells to ring in the new year. (Chocolate tortoise is not a finger food, he just chose an unfortunate area to sleep in.)

Below decks is the more subdued, private dining area- or would be, if we had the budget for a separate kitchen. Here is where the finger foods are made, and the hosts may share a more intimate meal while their guests socialize.

In case the guests get rowdy during their dinner, there are also conveniently placed toys to throw up the stairs to keep them distracted.

[before] [before]

I uh, interpreted "preferably unpainted" to mean I couldn't paint it after either. Oops!
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cattrin at Dec 10, 2016 10:16:23 AM]
[Dec 9, 2016 1:02:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Re: December (not-daily) Doodle: Deck Yer Deck! [deadline 11.00am 13th Dec] Reply to this Post

Hera of Everywhere
Colour: PURPLE!!!!!!11!

I know it doesn't meet the rules, but here is my spot of festive redecorating on the 'Ship of Oceanmasters' - it caused me great PAIN to sacrifice 4 eggs for your Doodle, Nem. Please be suitably impressed.

Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Dec 9, 2016 4:46:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

* Entries should include:
    Your pirate's name
    Your ocean
    Your favorite in-game color, excluding special colors
    At least four images or links to images (maximum size 600 x 600)

I wanted to clear this up because part of the rules referred to "two" and the submission requirements said "four". You need two areas of the ship. One of them should be a deck area and the other any room aboard the ship. You'll want a before and after image for each. Two areas, four pictures required.
Later...
Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nemesis at Dec 9, 2016 5:00:21 PM]
[Dec 9, 2016 4:56:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Herowena of Cerulean
Red

This Sardine is Psyched for the holidays! On deck, the seasonal colors, soft seat, and sweet treats set a festive mood. Sugar(Plum!) Dog and Coal Cat are reminders to be good little pirates, or else.

Below, Santa's Hairy Helper presides over a winter wonderland. Pirate style.

Links to the undecorated ship:
On deck
Below

( I used the entire screenshot, to show that it was all the same ship.)
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Edit 1 times, last edit by joandart at Dec 10, 2016 1:55:21 PM]
[Dec 9, 2016 6:06:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Yumisa
Meridian
Mint

Bigger
Yes, it's the same ship

Bigger

Before:
Deck 1
Deck 2
Room

When i sat down to think how to go around this doodle, i sunk into my seat in the train of thought:
"Winter holidays? My, winter holidays? or is christmas related holidays?"
Since, well :P my Christmas happens during summer time, and not during winter
So, i went along with the latter idea and thought: "How do i usually celebrate these holidays?"
*With family and friends
*Surrounded by heat
*Surrounded by (hot or cold but oh so delicious) food

So, i wanted a place were people can be comfortable around each other, enjoy a meal or two together, exchange gifts and have warm and cozy time like the summery christmas over here.
From the warm colours the ship provides not only in its paint but also from each item, the helm with a nice comfortable sofa, so the navver can have a companion in his or her journey, cant forget the entertainment, the gifts, a bigger table for the whole family reunion. Activities for everyone and anyone like egg sightseeing, family/solo portraits and more!
This is what i wanted to show :D
Yumisa World Wide ;)
10 years in, still here, baby.
Can't find me? Im on Instagram!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hikariks at Dec 10, 2016 8:13:15 PM]
[Dec 10, 2016 8:08:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

Faeree of Cerulean
Color: Violet :)

Finished ship can be found on Park; Dear Spot.

[before]

[before ]
Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Avvie by Ballantine!
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Dec 11, 2016 4:53:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Greyladyy of Cerulean
Color: maroon

This is the poor pirate version of decorating for the holidays. Minimalism is great!

deck prior hold prior
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
[Edit 1 times, last edit by CapnKkatz at Dec 11, 2016 10:08:08 AM]
[Dec 11, 2016 10:07:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Dexla ~ Cerulean
favorite color ~ gold
No matter how hard we try, we go completely overboard at this time of year. Lots of decorating, lots of gifts, lots of family and guests, and lots of food (and drink!)

But come Christmas Eve, it's time to snuggle with the little one by a cozy fire, read "A Christmas Carol", and try NOT to eat all the cookies we've left for Santa!

Before Deck
Before Hold
Dexla d'Midnight
[Dec 12, 2016 9:28:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
alakerov

Narphus
Emerald
Rose

zoom in

After1 (large)

After2 (larger)

Before 1

Before 2
Narphus on Sage
[Dec 12, 2016 10:51:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Bisca of Emerald.
White

As soon as I saw this I started working on it!
Luckily I already had made christmas preparations elsewhere, now I just moved it to a ship.
For the privacy of my hearties I have *moved* so you don't see the messages (and names) on the presents.
Feast your eyes upon my Giving Angel!

Top Deck;

Below Deck;

Before images:
Top Deck
Below Deck

Larger images:
Top Deck
Below Deck
Bisca - Obsidian Ocean - former Emerald Ocean

Avvy by: Cattrin
[Dec 12, 2016 1:09:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patrys12

Alpha of Emerald
Light Blue

Main Deck Before

Below Deck Before

A firecracker in the crow's nest, just for the heck of it
- xxx Alpha xxx -
[Dec 12, 2016 2:48:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wuppypuppy2

Wayfarer of Meridian masquerading as Wuppypuppy of Cerulean, because I'm kinda broke on Meridian. I favor Navy today.

Up top are the classics! Sweet treats, presents, an open bar.

And below deck is my favorite part of holiday celebrations: the music and the dancing! With a fire to keep everyone cozy, and wine to keep everyone loose, the real party happens below deck :)

Before Links:
http://imgur.com/5ws3TJP
http://imgur.com/d5x5J23
Wayfarer of Meridian
Escapist artist
[Dec 12, 2016 9:09:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

Time's up!
Later...
[Dec 13, 2016 11:28:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

I go missing for a week and not one of you sent help?! Let's just say I've been forcibly encouraged to learn to speak "Peacock" in a "cozy, limited access room" without windows and a strange dungeon theme in Hera's mansion. I can say all efforts to convert me were thwarted... and barbecued peacock is delicious.

The winners of lovely ornaments, a Shiny Sun point, and a surprise holiday themed piece of furniture are:

Bisca of Emerald
Dexla of Cerulean
Narphus of Emerald
Wayfarer of Meridian
Herowena of Cerulean

Prizes will be delivered over the next couple of days (probably today!)
Later...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nemesis at Dec 22, 2016 7:53:44 AM]
[Dec 22, 2016 5:59:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Thanks, Nemesis!
And here I thought the delay was just Team Evil hijinks. At least now you can answer the age old question, "Is revenge sweeter than barbecued peacock?"
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Dec 22, 2016 7:14:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Yay!! Thank you :)
Bisca - Obsidian Ocean - former Emerald Ocean

Avvy by: Cattrin
[Dec 22, 2016 7:33:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

Thanks, Nemesis!
And here I thought the delay was just Team Evil hijinks. At least now you can answer the age old question, "Is revenge sweeter than barbecued peacock?"

In this case, the revenge WAS the barbecued peacock, so it's a tie. OMNOMNOM
Later...
[Dec 22, 2016 7:53:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Oooohh! Congratulations everyone!
My Christmas wish fulfilled! Thank you Santa Nemesis!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Dec 22, 2016 11:10:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Dec 22, 2016 12:27:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Minsiem

couldn't resist a Spock gif >.>
Minsiem, Like A Fox
Nimbelina, Any Minute Now

I believe in a Higher Purple!

Erfan flag officer chats, "let's cade a popular forage island"

[Dec 22, 2016 12:42:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

Hera is the Janeway to my Picard... The Enterprise to my Seriously, Any Other Star Trek Series.
Later...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nemesis at Dec 22, 2016 12:56:18 PM]
[Dec 22, 2016 12:53:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Hera is the Janeway to my Picard... .

Anything you can do I can do better ...
[Dec 22, 2016 3:25:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Whoa whoa whoa, there is a Star Trek gif battle going on in here and I'm missing it?

(Oh and congrats to the winners too.)
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

[Dec 22, 2016 8:27:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

Prizes have been delivered! Team Picard obviously wins. If we'd left it up to Team Janeway, prizes would still be stuck somewhere out in the Delta Quadrant.

Later...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nemesis at Dec 23, 2016 8:33:16 AM]
[Dec 23, 2016 8:29:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

[Obligatory]
Cattrin of Cerulean

[Dec 23, 2016 9:46:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Team Picard obviously wins.

[Dec 23, 2016 10:50:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

Sorry, can't hear you. Try again when you get within a few thousand light-years of Federation Space.

Later...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nemesis at Dec 23, 2016 11:10:15 AM]
[Dec 23, 2016 11:06:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

[Dec 23, 2016 11:11:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

Later...
[Dec 23, 2016 11:22:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 34   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates