• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 18
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8290 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
Hera
OceanMaster

December (not daily) Doodle: Peter Panda's Price - arrRansom Note! [deadline 11.00am 8 December] Winners Announced! Reply to this Post

Peter Panda's Price - arrRansom Note!

Winners are here

Time for another December (not-daily) Doodle! And this time, I'm dedicating it to Cronus - my Xmas gift to him courtesy of you lovely doodlers! (I wish all Xmas shopping was this easy!)

Your doodle task is as follows!

I liBEARated* Peter Panda from Cronus some months ago, and the pesky thing is eating me out of house and home. It is time to return him, but being quite a materialistic Goddess I need some reward for my pains. Please write a short ransom note that I can present to Cronus - no more than 100 words long (yes, I will be counting). You can demand anything for the safe return of Cronus' prized panda on my behalf. (PG13 rules please!).

Please include the following in your post:
  • Your pirate's name and ocean
  • Your favorite in-game color, excluding special colors.
  • Word count

Other rules/information
  • Only one entry per player
  • I'll be using this word counter to check entries: Word Counter
  • Contest will finish at 11.00am December 8th
  • You may edit your post up until the deadline.
  • This is a writing contest - you may pretty your note up, but art won't be taken into account when judging.
  • Please read the rules post before posting.
  • Have fun creating!

*that pun never gets old...

----------------------------------------
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
    [Edit 2 times, last edit by Hera at Dec 9, 2016 5:41:54 PM]
  • [Dec 6, 2016 11:02:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    wuppypuppy2

Re: December (not daily) Doodle: Peter Panda's Price - arrRansom Note! [deadline 11.00am 8 December] Reply to this Post

What better way to ransom than by Limerick?

Dear Cronus,

I kidnapped your panda named Peter,
    But I don't make a great panda feeder;
    So if you want him back,
    Send twelve cats to my shack,
    'Cuz I use fluffy pets as a heater.

Love, Hera.

(38-ish words?)
    Wayfarer of Meridian, navy.
    Wayfarer of Meridian
    Escapist artist
    [Dec 6, 2016 11:18:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

Re: December (not daily) Doodle: Peter Panda's Price - arrRansom Note! [deadline 11.00am 8 December] Reply to this Post

Herowena of Cerulean
    Red
    42 words

Cronus:
    If you want to see your panda alive again, you must deliver twelve purple octos and a peacock in a pear tree, by the twelfth day of Christmas. Count yourself lucky that I didn't ask for the full song.

Bwahahahaha,
    Hera
    Herowena of Cerulean
    Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Dec 6, 2016 12:17:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    CapnKkatz

Greyladyy of Cerulean
    Favorite color: maroon

Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by CapnKkatz at Dec 6, 2016 2:05:15 PM]
    [Dec 6, 2016 1:59:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    wippit

I'll see wuppypuppy's Limerick, and raise him a Haiku.

Wippit of Emerald
    Favorite color: Green

I have your panda
    If you want to have him back
    I want a Sick Trout
    [Dec 6, 2016 6:21:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Taskbeta

Bisca of Emerald
    Purple
    Word Count: 56

Cronus,

If you ever want to see your precious Peter Panda again, you better provide me with the following!
    Gold, so much gold it'll make Gretchen Goldfang jealous.
    My attic stacked with RUM! (Your stupid panda drank it all)
    My house, covered in PURPLE Christmas decorations, including tree, purple Christmas lights and Frosty the Snowman.

- Hera
    Bisca - Obsidian Ocean - former Emerald Ocean

Avvy by: Cattrin
    [Dec 7, 2016 3:31:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Dexla

Dexla ~ Cerulean
    today's color: gold
    word count: 86

DADDY,
    You want your pwecious, wittle, pandy bear back? Well, I want a goose to lay gold eggs for easter purple kiwis to hatch from every Hera egg that I have generously distributed across three oceans, so they may uprise to overthrow Team... never mind... JUST MAKE IT SO!

And by the way...
    I want the works. I want the whole works.
    Presents and prizes, and sweets and surprises, of all shapes and sizes... and NOW.
    Don't care how, I want it now!

Love,
    Veruca Hera

Dexla d'Midnight
    [Dec 7, 2016 6:38:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    cattrin

Cattrin on Cerulean
    Color: White!
    Words: 85

Dearest Cronus,

We have your panda. We thought at first it would be fun to own but now we realize it's stupid and annoying and we can no longer bear it.

(The word "pandering" must have been coined after him because that's certainly what he's doing to everything in the hold.)

Please deliver onto us a better bear. Preferably purple. Smelling of lilacs. Maybe even stuffed after this whole live bear nonsense.

Or else you'll know what's black and white and red all over.

Us

[ransomized version] [using this neat website]
    Cattrin of Cerulean
    Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cattrin at Dec 7, 2016 1:10:12 PM]
    [Dec 7, 2016 1:08:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Dynasty666

Etrigan on Emerald
    Color: Black
    Words: 31

There once was Panda name Peter;
    Who turned out to be a big eater;
    Now my bamboo's all gone,
    And he's eyeing the lawn....
    He's all yours for a fancy two-seater.
    ~Etrigan on Emerald~
    [Dec 7, 2016 7:59:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    patrys12

Alpha of Emerald
    Light Blue
    85 words

Cronus

You miss your dear panda which i have kindapped, you even tweeted on twitter for its release. You can reunite with him after my demands have been met ...

100 purple paint on Paollu
    50 blue dye and 50 red dye on Doyle
    25 purple enamel on Edgar's Choice
    10 kraken's blood on Kiwara
    5 tigereye gems on Gallows
    5 gold nuggets on Nunataq

Upon word from my minions that my demands have been met, I will release your pet Panda on Penobscots' dock.

Hera

- xxx Alpha xxx -
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by patrys12 at Dec 7, 2016 10:03:59 PM]
    [Dec 7, 2016 10:01:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hikariks

Yumisa
    Meridian
    Aqua
    86 words

Dear Cronus:

-20 purple ships
    -15 houses with purple walls
    -10 new purple coats and hats
    -5 different purple furniture
    -1 purple cheesecake for the way home

No, this is not my market list.
    This is what i need in order to get over the horrible times i have spent with your dear panda.
    You and he shall reunite each other again if, and only if, you were to be so kind to gift me all these beautiful things.
    I expect your answer
    (gifts) soon..
    Hera

Yumisa World Wide ;)
    10 years in, still here, baby.
    Can't find me? Im on Instagram!
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Hikariks at Dec 8, 2016 6:48:03 AM]
    [Dec 8, 2016 6:47:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    budclare2

Budclare, Meridian (lemon)

Word count: 57

Papa,

Peter Panda picked a plentitude of pecks of pretty plants, presumably to please his palate. Pesky Peter peeves your precious princess. Prevent painful punishment to piggish panda by producing proper payment to purchase Peter's presence.

Procure peacocks, pearls (possibly purple), precious pieces of pottery, perhaps some papaya... And pudding. Pounds of pudding. (Persimmon is prohibited.)

-H
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
    [Dec 8, 2016 10:58:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

...and TIME! Oooh, the riches I shall I have....

Next doodle is up courtesy of Nemesis here - go go GO!
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
    [Dec 8, 2016 11:01:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Cronus
    OceanMaster

I'm putting you all on my list...

Yes, I have a list.
    Current avatar by Podgekins
    Tinfoil, popsicle sticks, and paste make for a nice shiny new hat!
    [Dec 9, 2016 9:25:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

Oooh, what excellent suggestions! Cronus has left his phone off the hook now as I kept ringing him up to read them out to him - for some reason he wasn't amused. Such a Sad Panda...

The winners, getting themselves festive stockings (suitable to stash loot in, at a pinch), a winter ornament (purple and the colour they picked) and a Sun Point, so shiny you shouldn't look at it without sunglasses are as follows:

Cattrin of Cerulean and Budclare of Meridian

Congratulations! Prizes will be delivered soon!
    [Dec 9, 2016 5:40:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    budclare2

Thanks! :)

Congrats, Cattrin. :D
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
    [Dec 9, 2016 8:18:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    CapnKkatz

Nice work mates! Congrats!!
    Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
    [Dec 9, 2016 8:46:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    cattrin

Woo, awesome! Thank you, and congratulations to Budclare as well. :)
    Cattrin of Cerulean
    Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Dec 10, 2016 12:27:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates