• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 81
Posts: 81   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 15980 times and has 80 replies Next Thread
Hera
OceanMaster

December (not-daily) Doodles - 2016 Edition! Reply to this Post

December (Not-Daily) Doodles

Yarr! Where did the year go?! (No, serious, I'm sure someone stole some of it and I'm blaming #TeamEvil ) Its Doodlin' Time again! Huzzah!

Doodles will happen twice a week - a creative contest will be posted, once on Tuesday and once on Thursday. Most, if not all, of these contests will be forum-based and will require entries before the next event is posted. The contests will be posted around 11 AM at the beginning of each contest day, and will close 3-4 days later (Tuesday contests will close at 11 AM on Thursday, and Thursday contest will close at 11 AM on Tuesday). There will be a variety of prizes during the month and they won't be pre-announced.

There will be multiple forum threads for this event. This sticky thread will contain a running summary of events, winners and prizes. Each doodle will then have its own entry thread.

The general rules for the forum contests are as follows (stolen from previous years, but it will broadly apply to this year too)
  • Only one entry per player in each contest, but you may enter as many different contests as you wish during the month.
  • In earlier years, we tended to have Dedicated Doodler prizes for those who completed all Doodles during the month. As this is a lesser achievement with only two doodles a week, we will have to see how entries go this year to decide whether or not to do this. We'll do something for Dedicated Doodlers, but it may be something a little different e.g. a prize draw between Dedicated Doodlers rather than a prize for each? We'll see how many of you there are!
  • You must include your pirate name and ocean at the top of each entry post. Make sure you use the pirate and ocean for which you would want to receive a prize.
  • We will try to make the instructions clear for each contest. As the contests are short, don't get too hung up on the minutiae of rules. Just read the instructions and have a go at following them.
  • If we say "draw", we generally mean the creation of a 2D picture, whether that's done by hand or by computer. Where more physical media are allowed, we will remember to say so.
  • If we say "original" or "must be your own work", we mean that you must create something from scratch, without the use of game art or other resources.
  • Plagiarism: this is the use of someone else's work, claiming it as your own, and applies to all contest types. Don't do it!
  • The entry threads are going to be busy enough without chat. Keep the entry thread just for entries please!
  • The general rules on avoiding tasteless or offensive material apply at all times on this forum but we are mentioning them again here just in case.
  • Judging will be completed as soon as possible after the contest has closed, and usually within a day of the contest closing. Winners and prizes will be posted in the second post of this thread once judging is complete, as well as a more detailed results post at the end of each Doodle's entry thread. At any one time, therefore, there is likely to be one contest open for entries and one contest being judged.
  • Clotho, Hera and Nemesis will be doing most of the judging, bringing in others as and when we need them. There will be a variety of events, though, and we are not going to get into discussions on the judging on any individual event.
  • We will try to deliver prizes as they are announced, but we may not always be as speedy as we would like! Please be patient with us!
  • Don't get hung up on the prizes and the winners. Lots of people participate, and only a few win prizes. Take part because it looks fun, it's an interesting challenge, and it's an opportunity to share your quick-fire skills with your fellow players or to try your hand and something different.

If you're interested in how the Doodles work, take a look at one of the previous year's editions, linked from this page. We are following the same format that has been in place since 2012.

First Doodle will be posted around 11.00am 1 December!
    ----------------------------------------
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
  • [Nov 30, 2016 4:47:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

Re: December (not-daily) Doodles - 2016 Edition! Reply to this Post

Doodle 01: As Easy as A B(k) C... Winners announced
    Doodle 02: Peter Panda's Price - arrRansom Note! Winners announced
    Doodle 03: Deck Yer Deck! Winners announced!
    Doodle 04: Hera's Holiday Haiku Winners announced
    Doodle 05: Christmas Shopping
    Doodle 06 : Preposterous Portrait-ship Proposals! Winners announced
    Doodle 07: Pirate a'Singin'!
    Doodle 08: X-marks-the-spot Mosaic!
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
    [Edit 12 times, last edit by Hera at Dec 27, 2016 11:18:16 AM]
    [Nov 30, 2016 4:47:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    wuppypuppy2

YEAH
    Wayfarer of Meridian
    Escapist artist
    [Nov 30, 2016 4:57:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

Hurrah!
    Herowena of Cerulean
    Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Nov 30, 2016 5:08:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    budclare2

/e does the Doodle Dance
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
    [Nov 30, 2016 5:44:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    patrys12

Yippee
    - xxx Alpha xxx -
    [Nov 30, 2016 9:14:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

Weee! Yay for excited folk. I better remember to set my alarm clock for the first doodle - feel free to yell if I'm late!
    [Nov 30, 2016 11:26:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hikariks

*I am back to YPP Dx and more than readddddyyyyyyyy! *throws confetti*
    Yumisa World Wide ;)
    10 years in, still here, baby.
    Can't find me? Im on Instagram!
    [Dec 1, 2016 6:13:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Runkeerin

Weeeeeeeeeeee! Let's hope this time I don't chuck away things I might want for these! Missed out on so many last year!
    Gone
    [Dec 1, 2016 8:31:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

Doodle One is up! Huzzah!
    [Dec 1, 2016 10:56:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    wuppypuppy2

I aim to submit my last grad school application this afternoon, and will reward myself for completing by doodling!!!
    Wayfarer of Meridian
    Escapist artist
    [Dec 1, 2016 11:23:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Taskbeta

Excited! Don't think I can join all but gonna try.
    Bisca - Obsidian Ocean - former Emerald Ocean

Avvy by: Cattrin
    [Dec 1, 2016 12:15:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Bolognese5

Huzzah, 'tis the season to doodle!
    Bolognese on Meridian
    [Dec 2, 2016 9:42:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hikariks

Happy to announce i passed my final exam of the year :,) time to celebrate by doodling
    Yumisa World Wide ;)
    [Dec 3, 2016 11:58:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    wuppypuppy2

My entry is what happens when you put off the doodle til you're already ready for bed because you don't realize that the deadline is in the morning and you have things to do tomorrow morning. So you crack open your laptop and decide you don't want to wait for Krita or GIMP to load, and you don't want to get out of bed to get your tablet... At least it makes me chuckle.
    On the other hand, in putting off the doodle, I baked a great cake (for no particular reason-- unless half birthdays count). A.. culinary doodle?

In other news-- Yumisa!!! Welcome back and it is so cool to see the progression of your artwork through these years!!
    Wayfarer of Meridian
    Escapist artist
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by wuppypuppy2 at Dec 6, 2016 8:09:22 AM]
    [Dec 6, 2016 8:00:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hikariks

My entry is what happens when you put off the doodle til you're already ready for bed because you don't realize that the deadline is in the morning and you have things to do tomorrow morning. So you crack open your laptop and decide you don't want to wait for Krita or GIMP to load, and you don't want to get out of bed to get your tablet... At least it makes a me chuckle.
    On the other hand, in putting off the doodle, I baked a great cake (for no particular reason-- unless half birthdays count). A.. culinary doodle?

In other news-- Yumisa!!! Welcome back and it is so cool to see the progression of your artwork through these years!!

Wayway my love <3
    xD i missed drawing out of love and not out of work
    It's nice to be back :)
    Yumisa World Wide ;)
    [Dec 6, 2016 8:08:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Taskbeta

So yesterday I burned my hand >> No entry from me this time.
    My idea was Finius, Gretchen, Widow Queen and Vargas sitting in a bubble bath with christmas lights behind them... Awkwardness overload xD

[Dec 6, 2016 9:34:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hikariks

My idea was Finius, Gretchen, Widow Queen and Vargas sitting in a bubble bath with christmas lights behind them... Awkwardness overload xD

I still would love to see that xD sounds pretty awesome
    Yumisa World Wide ;)
    [Dec 6, 2016 10:42:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    wuppypuppy2

Managed to draw mine a little nicer, in the nick of time :)
    Wayfarer of Meridian
    Escapist artist
    [Dec 6, 2016 11:00:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

I've decided all you Doodlers are TeamEvil supporters. Nearly gave me heart failure leaving your entries until the last moment *shakes her fist*.

Next doodle is up! Go Go GO!
    [Dec 6, 2016 11:06:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

Whee, thank ye, Hera! Sorry about the heart palpitations.
    Herowena of Cerulean

[Dec 6, 2016 6:47:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hikariks

Thank you Hera /o/ *throws confetti*
    Yumisa World Wide ;)
    [Dec 6, 2016 8:31:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Taskbeta

I still would love to see that xD sounds pretty awesome

When my hand feels better I'll consider finishing it ^^

[Dec 7, 2016 3:19:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    ninatheonly

Oh! I'm back in the game and on the forums! And I will definitely join in on the fun!! :D Thanks Hera and all of you at Havens that just refuse to let YPP go!
    Much love your way!
    Chiichan on Emerald Ocean
    [Dec 7, 2016 5:29:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    cattrin

I missed a doodle.

I missed a doodle!

This is not a drill. I've failed you all. :c

RIP Cattrin's Dedicated Doodler status: 2010-2016

Cattrin of Cerulean
    Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Edit 3 times, last edit by cattrin at Dec 7, 2016 11:01:49 AM]
    [Dec 7, 2016 10:47:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    wuppypuppy2

I missed a doodle.

The first sign of the Apocalypse.
    *pats*
    There, there.
    Wayfarer of Meridian
    Escapist artist
    [Dec 7, 2016 11:24:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

You only missed the first one. You can still be an Edicated Doodler!
    Herowena of Cerulean

[Dec 7, 2016 11:51:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Dexla

My goal is to be the Casual Encounter Doodler. Or maybe Doodler with Benefits.
    Dexla d'Midnight
    [Dec 7, 2016 12:34:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

My goal is to be the Casual Encounter Doodler. Or maybe Doodler with Benefits.

As long as you don't go complete "Dear Doodle" letter.
    Herowena of Cerulean

[Dec 7, 2016 12:53:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    cattrin

Edicated I will be!
    Cattrin of Cerulean
    Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Dec 7, 2016 2:26:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Posts: 81   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates