• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 29
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19125 times and has 28 replies Next Thread
Hera
OceanMaster

Doodle: Oh? Limb Pics! Deadline 20 August 11.59 game time - Winners announced! Reply to this Post

Winners can be found here

Oh? Limb Pics!

I bet you didn't see that pun coming, did you...

The hook and pegleg are badges of honour for dedicated pirates, eagerly sought by adventurers not afraid of the deep dark depths of contested waters. The satisfying flash of a glinting steel hook, or the rap of a wooden peg leg as a pirate strides boastfully across the dock is something a lot of us dream about and will spend years seeking to achieve. However, once we get them, often they seem a little...dull... Fancy boots spruce up a peg leg a little, but its time for some more bling!

What to do! :
- Draw a matching Peg Leg and Hook set decorated in a sporting theme
- This is an art event; I'm after original art work only

Please include the following in your post:
- Your pirate's name and ocean
- Your favorite in-game color, excluding special colors.
- Post the original drawing in this thread as shown here. Please keep it to a maximum size of 600 x 600 pixels.

The Prizes

Prizes will be flexible, depending on the quantity and quality of entries, but may include:

* Standard Renamed Sloop (Olympic adjective, fishname of your choice)
* Clothes, trinkets, furniture
* Hera Eggs
* Shiny Sun Points!

Other rules/information
-Only one entry per player
-Contest will finish 20 August 11.59pm game time
- You may edit your post up until the deadline.
- Your picture may show the peg leg and hook being worn by a pirate, or just on their own.
- I'm after a matching set, so you must draw both hook AND peg. The decoration on both items don't have to be the same, but they should be a set and so I'd expect the decoration to link in some way (same colors, same theme, etc)

----------------------------------------
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Hera at Aug 29, 2016 5:02:08 PM]
[Aug 6, 2016 1:25:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Frostburnx

Re: Doodle: Oh? Limb Pics! Deadline 20 August 11.59 game time Reply to this Post

OOoo fun! Better get my pen & paper out!

When you say draw, does that include photoshop and the like?

And when ye say decorate, does that mean you want the classic SHAPE of the hook and peg-leg or can the shape be changed to fit the theme? Is this being added to the actual game as a new skin option? If so that answers me other question...
Liliene on Cerulean
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Frostburnx at Aug 9, 2016 12:38:59 PM]
[Aug 9, 2016 12:33:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/taradavis [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Re: Doodle: Oh? Limb Pics! Deadline 20 August 11.59 game time Reply to this Post

When you say draw, does that include photoshop and the like?

I'm after original works, and that can be by putting pencil to paper, paint to canvas or stylus to tablet. However you do it is fine, but I don't want manipulated copies of existing in game images.

And when ye say decorate, does that mean you want the classic SHAPE of the hook and peg-leg or can the shape be changed to fit the theme?

I'm after the classic shape of a hook and pegleg. Having said that, you could always bling it up with items to fit the idea you have in mind. If you idea is to decorate a hook with peacock feathers, that is great! Just make sure it keeps to the sporting theme.

Is this being added to the actual game as a new skin option? If so that answers me other question...

No, I'm afraid not! Sorry!
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Aug 9, 2016 1:25:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Gold medal groan-worthy pun, hurrah!
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

Dexla drew it.
[Aug 9, 2016 3:26:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trinkz

Trinkz
Meridian Ocean
Fave color magenta

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Trinkz at Aug 12, 2016 7:43:16 PM]
[Aug 12, 2016 3:45:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Cattrin on Cerulean
White!

I interpreted this as a functional spots challenge, rather than a support-of-your-team one.

I argue that a club, telescoped up, looks hook-like, shown below.

I give you the golfer's dream. A telescoping golf club, always at hand's reach! Along with that, a handy ball washer built into your leg. Golfing is much more difficult when you either hit your mark on another ship's deck, or have to go swimming with the sharks to get your ball back.

Now, I know what you're thinking.

"But Cattrin. My hearties will laugh at me when I say I have a ball washer in my leg."

And yes, you're right. But at that point you just whack a cannonball into their ship and see who's laughing then.
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Edit 5 times, last edit by cattrin at Aug 12, 2016 5:50:41 PM]
[Aug 12, 2016 5:43:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trinkz

i love the club hook lol very clever
[Aug 12, 2016 7:48:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Knorps

Grrreat fun contest! :D

In the light of the Olympic games, there is really one thing that all sports have in common: Olympic medals

Of course we pirates have our own take on these game and their accompanying
awards. Therefore I present to you the 'Ye Ol'Ympic games awards', brought to you by Three Five Rings!

1st place: stand tall while celebrating your outrageous performance with this glamorous golden goody shaped like the number 1!

2nd place: get hooked to this silver shining showpiece shaped like the number 2.

3rd place: don't cast your eyes down if you only got to a third place! You still got this bronzen beauty shaped like the number 3 to poke everyones eyes out!

I do not hold any responsibility for injuries which may be necessary to fit ones award.

See you at the games,

Wasbeer (Meridian)
All time favorite in-game colors: light green with/or orange

[EDITS: added a background to the drawing. Though the background is technically not mine, so beneath I added the original.]

Pirate: Wasbeer
Ocean: Viridian Meridian
[Edit 7 times, last edit by Knorps at Aug 20, 2016 12:19:48 PM]
[Aug 15, 2016 3:59:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Dexla ~ Cerulean
I'm gonna go with GOLD this time
Did you know, PIRATES were the very first springboard divers? Yes, well, they had so much practice walking planks that they did indeed decide to make a sport out of it.
Solid gold, Diver Hook and Pegleg, for special occasions only.

Dexla d'Midnight
[Aug 15, 2016 11:05:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Frostburnx

Dexla ~ Cerulean
I'm gonna go with GOLD this time

wow this is amazing!! all the posts are so creative so far!
Liliene on Cerulean
[Aug 15, 2016 1:18:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/taradavis [Link]  Go to top 
wood_dweller

The Sport: Badminton
The hook is a screw-on racquet. The peg leg is more like a stiff spring that will allow players to have a little bounce while playing the game of badminton.

Pirate name: Awakens
Ocean: Emerald
Colour: Magenta

[Aug 17, 2016 1:17:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patrys12

Alpha of Emerald
Light Blue

These two oil paintings by Arrrrtist Alpha was inspired by all the talent at the Rio Olympics.

- xxx Alpha xxx -
[Aug 17, 2016 3:32:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Frostburnx

Alright I finally made an entry. I decided to go with the sport of SAILING! Because you know.....pirates!

The peg leg has been tied off with an Icicle Hitch knot and finished the end with a decorative knotted monkey fist, for comfort.

The standard pirate hook hand has been traded in for this Boat Hook model. Boat hooks are used to both pull in and fend off nearby boats. A MUST HAVE accessory for any hook-toting, competitive sailor. It has been fitted with a decorative knot and is very stylish.

My pirate is Liliene on the Cerulean ocean and my favorite in game color is Aqua!

Liliene on Cerulean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Frostburnx at Aug 18, 2016 6:24:23 AM]
[Aug 18, 2016 6:23:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/taradavis [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Herowena of Cerulean
Navy

I tend to think of all athletic pursuits as "sportsball", so these limbs are decorated with sports balls. Including a Patriot-ic football, ah ha ha ha. Yeah.

Herowena of Cerulean

Dexla drew it.
[Aug 20, 2016 6:00:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Budclare, Meridian (orange like a tiger)

This Calvinball ensemble is both stylish and useful, but unfortunately you're only allowed to wear them once.

A butterfly net does so count as sports equipment...if you're Calvin. Which I guess I'm not. Oops?
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Aug 20, 2016 11:04:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Time is up! Judging is underway!
[Aug 21, 2016 2:16:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Frostburnx

**anxiously reloads page**
Liliene on Cerulean
[Aug 23, 2016 7:49:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/taradavis [Link]  Go to top 
Knorps

Haha, me too :3
[Aug 24, 2016 1:18:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Frostburnx

this is basically a form of torture, lol
Liliene on Cerulean
[Aug 26, 2016 8:00:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/taradavis [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

Hera told me she wasn't going to post the results unless I let her give out more eggs. I'll hold out as long as I can :(
Hera says, "I wish I was awesome enough to be on #TeamEvil!"
Later...
Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
----------------------------
[Aug 29, 2016 2:39:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Hera told me she wasn't going to post the results unless I let her give out more eggs. I'll hold out as long as I can :(

I dont have a Hera egg yet. That being said, Id MUCH rather have a Nemesis egg...
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Aug 29, 2016 4:54:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Sorry for the delay mates! Its been a busy week, and while Nemesis is attempting to take the glory of hurrying me up, rest assured she has no control over how many eggs I give out! (She only needs to check her ship to see that I'm more than happy to share them - even with #TeamEvil members!)

Thank you all for your wonderful entries - such fun!

Without further ado, the winner of a renamed sloop, trinket, Hera Egg (yarr!) and Shiny Sun Points is Liliene. I loved that your entry had a nautical sporting theme and was very impressed by the use of a boat hook for a hook. Well done! Please petition in (Attention Hera) to tell me which fishname you want with your adjective of 'Olympic', and also advise where you would prefer your sloop to be ported!

Honorable mention gaining Shiny Sun Points, Trophy Case, Trinket, Guest Book and (you guessed it) Hera Egg goes to Wasbeer of Meridian whose entry made me laugh out loud. I adored the disgruntled third place winner added as an extra - so cute!

Prizes will be delivered over the next couple of days, and Shiny Sun Points will be updated soon.

Thank you again for your wonderful entries!

(Prizes now delivered)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hera at Aug 31, 2016 4:42:09 PM]
[Aug 29, 2016 5:01:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Frostburnx

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! *much excite!!!* Thank youuuuuuuU!
Liliene on Cerulean
[Aug 29, 2016 5:22:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/taradavis [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Congrats, Liliene and Wasbeer!
Herowena of Cerulean

Dexla drew it.
[Aug 29, 2016 7:19:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Knorps

Yay, thanks! :D Also congratulations to Lilien! Hope to see you all next challenge! :)
[Aug 29, 2016 11:28:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Frostburnx

Yay, thanks! :D Also congratulations to Lilien! Hope to see you all next challenge! :)

Aye thank ye and you as well!
Liliene on Cerulean
[Aug 30, 2016 9:48:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/taradavis [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Congrats all!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Aug 30, 2016 10:32:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patrys12

Congratulations
- xxx Alpha xxx -
[Aug 30, 2016 12:26:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Congrats mates! Such clever entries. :)
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Aug 30, 2016 7:04:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates