• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 616 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
telford3

Inventory bad Reply to this Post

For all of you business minded people one rule overrides anything else in business. If you have a large inventory you go out of business. Right now all the shop owners are acting like they are in a monopoly. They stockpile goods and wait for prices to change. So you have market prices that will buy from you for 10 poe, and sell to you for 500 poe. Because if they don't sell, they don't care. Their should be some way of goods going bad. Sugar cane rots, wood gets mold, cloth gets moths. This way shops would be at a disadvantage if they had too many goods, therefore they would not keep them for too long. I was thinking only around %3-5 for most goods. This would be just enough for people not to stockpile.
----------------------------------------
I am Stabbles, hear me roar!
[Sep 29, 2003 6:02:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nothing

Re: Inventory bad Reply to this Post

Hello.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nothing at Sep 29, 2003 6:09:23 AM]
[Sep 29, 2003 6:09:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Commodity degeneration Reply to this Post

Commodity degeneration, like item wear and tear, is on the list. This would indeed make things a little more realistic in terms of stockpiling.
[Sep 29, 2003 6:19:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
gahris

good good
Worship your evil moogle master you insolent fools! ¬_¬
[Sep 29, 2003 6:40:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jothmar

When/if everything on the LIST gets done this is going to be the coolest game ever. . .
Kelyon Hawk of Fidelis Bellum
[Sep 29, 2003 8:21:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
telford3

everything Reply to this Post

I know everything on the list, but the designers can't think of everything, and if somebody already did think of it. This is a way to gauge player interest in it.
I am Stabbles, hear me roar!
[Sep 29, 2003 8:37:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squidbeard

Re: everything Reply to this Post

telford3 wrote: 
I know everything on the list, but the designers can't think of everything, and if somebody already did think of it. This is a way to gauge player interest in it.

Here's an excellent resource for measuring player interest in degenerating items.

Not a booch call, obviously, because I don't expect everyone to have a notepad with "Degeneration search = sailcloth" next to their Officer's Log.

--Sq
Squid
High Priest, Cult of the Red Mantis
[Sep 29, 2003 9:32:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://looterati.goldfish.org [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates