• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2309 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
skiitswitch

Memming from chart plot Reply to this Post

Was trying to mem a route that I couldn't get a map for - so I got someone to chart it for me (multiple times) but even after 3 or 4 times across with mostly excellents, the LPs still did not even show on my map. Was it all for naught?

Are you able to mem LPs that have been chart-plotted for you?
[Oct 11, 2015 5:01:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Re: Memming from chart plot Reply to this Post

It usually takes 4-6 passes to get LPs to start showing up. So no, you're close, how soon they'll show up depends on what "mostly excellents" actually was.
----------------------------------------
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by xelto at Oct 11, 2015 5:35:05 AM]
[Oct 11, 2015 5:34:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Was trying to mem a route that I couldn't get a map for - so I got someone to chart it for me (multiple times) but even after 3 or 4 times across with mostly excellents, the LPs still did not even show on my map. Was it all for naught?

Are you able to mem LPs that have been chart-plotted for you?

To answer your direct question, yes, you can have people chart you and you can mem off it.

Second, you probably want to read the yppedia article on Memorization

Each league point requires a minimum of three passes and a maximum of eight. And, for a pass to count, you must get at least a Fine on the duty report, but getting better than Fine (Exc/Inc) doesn't help, it is just a threshold.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Oct 11, 2015 5:48:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Just to cover all the bases, you can't memorise league points while the voyage type is Greeter Pillage or Swabbie Ship Transport. You used to be able to, but they changed that a fair while ago...
[Oct 11, 2015 1:15:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates