• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 24
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4433 times and has 23 replies Next Thread
Deecup

Resurgence Reply to this Post

Good evening Cerulean! I regret to inform you that this will be my final post on behalf of Universe A. It is with a heavy heart that I share this news with you and this decision was not made lightly or without thought and consideration. However, it was clear to us that this is what had to be done for the benefit of not only our flag, but also the ocean.

As of today, March 19th, 2015, Universe A will be no more. But instead, reborn as Resurgence. We decided Resurgence was the perfect name for this new flag because defined it means, "a rising again into life, activity, or prominence" (Webster) Something that Zarchi and I feel we can no longer pretend to be. We are not active enough with our busy work schedules and heavy course loads.

We felt that we could no longer commit ourselves to this game the way we once could and because of this lack of commitment, we feel that we are not being fair to our flag or the ocean. We always wanted our flag to be a source of life and fun for the game, and how can we claim to want that if we, the leaders, are not even able to be active in the community any longer. Rather than being hypocritical and claiming we want something and doing the opposite, we feel it is time to act on what we say and reinstate a new monarch and create a new face and brand for the flag that once was.

Universe A would not be possible without so many people, which I would like to thank personally on behalf of the flag, and I'm sure I have missed people and I am terribly sorry it has been a long three years and I am writing this all this evening. But, for those of you who do come to mind off the top of my head, I thank you. This list will exclude people within the flag who already know how grateful that we are.

Vova & Cheshi - Thank you for taking Zarchi in and teaching him how to navigate, and run his own ships, and blockade navigate, and eventually learn to run his own flag, alongside some great friends, and play the game the way he enjoyed. Thank you for all of your help with blockading, and preparing, and just being great friends from start to finish, even during some of the rough patches of drama with certain people.
Ashleydawn, Bobnarley & Scrach - Thank you for helping build up the crew, the reputation, and making it a fun playing environment for us as Universe A was in its peak. You guys are some of the best friends that we could ask for!
Tyranny - Thank you for being the only flag that was willing to come out, week after week and put up a fight against us, to create a drive and will to play, and keep the conflict high and the game exciting for us. Your many different tactics and events were extremely entertaining and fun for us to play with. Our blockades with you were always close, especially Kirin XV. You were our rivals and still some of our closest friends and for that we thank you. Since the departure of Harrjm, the game has never been the same for us, it is a shame because this post may not be happening if we still had you guys as competition.
Forever Untamed - Thanks to everyone in FU for their help in blockades, events, and just being great friends and allies throughout it all. It all began with the Terra scuttle and it has been a ton of fun since then!
Sherbetlemon - Thank you for your help in every blockade, especially in the beginning, and with helping with funding when we had no one else to turn to. Thank you for taking Beta from us and running it better than we could even ask for. You are an incredible individual and we are very grateful to have you as a friend!
Fourteen - Thanks for all of your help when you were with us, and when you moved on to your own adventure. I know we have not always seen eye to eye but you have made a large contribution to this flag and for that we are extremely grateful! We thank you and your flag for all of your help over the past blockades, and the original blockades and everything in between. We also would like to thank you for putting up a fight against us last year when we were blockading each other as we had a lot of fun!
Crip & Zeina - You guys made all of this possible by working alongside us from the start, and eventually joining and helping build the flag that we are today. We could not be who we are without both of your contributions and you were an essential part in building everything that we have become.
Darlie - Thank you for all of your help navigating, planning, and with decision making throughout the years, you have always been a great friend of the flag and ours and we thank you for everything you have ever done for us!
Cybrpyro - Or should I say Busdriver? Thank you for all of your help navigating, and making the game a lot more interesting with your flotilla runs and contributions throughout the blockade game. Keep teaching those dub oceaners a lesson, hahaha!
Knightmaree & Aztekpuzzle - Although things ended poorly between our flag and you two, you were incredibly involved in building the flag, and helping run it, as well as both our land and sea blockade teams. Thanks for everything you guys did to help the flag!
Palefire - Thank you for always showing up to help us for every blockade and all of your help and loyalty to not only the flag but our friendships. It was great to have you as a friend through the good and the bad that we faced!
Dies Irae - Thanks for secretly funding all of our blockades and helping Babylon strive to be the best flag there ever has been! (Sorry I had to, hahaha)
All of our jobbers - What can I say besides thank you to each and every one of you who came out to maybe one, maybe all, or some amount in between of our blockades. Without you, we would not be able to win, or create the story that we have today. Each and everyone of you were the true winners when we won blockades and without you none of it would be possible. Thanks so much to everyone who has ever contributed to not only our blockading cause, but also our attempts to make the ocean a better place.

I am sure I have missed many and I am sorry to anyone who has helped and was not mentioned, but I assure you, that we are extremely grateful and I would hope that Zarchi or someone has already thanked you for everything that you have done for us, but if not, then I hope this provides closure!

We have left our mark on Cerulean and I had a great time sharing my experiences with all of you. Think of this as not the end of Universe A, but the birth of Resurgence. With fresh faces calling the shots, but the same great family beneath them. We hope that you enjoy the new flag, and that it brings about a new sense of life to the game!

Thank you for everything Cerulean, you made this game a lot of fun for me.
-Sincerely, Deecup, sister of the true king of Babylon.
----------------------------------------
-Deecup.
-Official Spokeswoman of Universe A.
[May 19, 2015 9:45:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

Re: Resurgence Reply to this Post

Kind of makes me sad to read this. All the best in that scary place called the real world.

-Majorjr
(True King of Babylon)
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[May 19, 2015 11:09:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hexy_7

This post closes a great chapter in the history of Cobalt-Cerulean. Thanks Universe A for making this ocean a better place to play :)

Parura and her multiple personalities
Captain of A shot of Teguila
Queen of Tequila Sunrise
Governor of Lagniappe Island on Cerulean

Not just another pretty face...

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hexy_7 at May 20, 2015 3:10:13 PM]
[May 20, 2015 10:36:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Runkeerin

Bu-bu-bu.... but....
*sniff*
Gone
[May 20, 2015 10:54:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aligate

It was great fun being royal of this flag in it's final chapter and I'm sad to see it end. The 25-2 win rate probably makes Universe A one of the most successful blockading flags we'll ever see on any ocean. I really have a lot of respect for this flag.

This is also the point at which I'll be retiring my pirate.
In short, I think the blockade game is struggling at the moment mostly due to the decline in active players. Active blockading flags are dependent on a core group of people to raise poe, build ships and organize blockades. There just aren't enough of these people left who are interested in this side of the game.
Blockading is one of the main reasons I play this game and winning Turtle was one of my main goals. I'm not moving to a dub ocean so I think this is the right time to leave the game.

Thanks for having me Zarchi and good luck to the new royals in Resurgence!
Aristoza
Amateur Owl
Fourteen flag royalty chats, "just tell them to suck 14s nuts"

Avatar by the lovely and talented Cattrin
[May 20, 2015 11:40:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

I'm very sorry to hear that UA has gone away. I've always been very impressed by the flag, both in that they can dominate the blockade board, but also that they played clean, avoided drama and took good care of their islands. As Parua said, UA made the ocean a much better place.

Speaking of which, does this mean that Turtle is not going to be defended this weekend? What about the rest of the islands?
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[May 20, 2015 12:11:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fourteen1414

Sigh.

Thanks Zarchi and Universe A. Its been a long journey with a lot of memories.

One of the fun ones was when UA was still a new flag and we managed to 3p a few blockades in less than 20 hours. Either if I have played with you guys or been shooting from the other side of the board its been good experiences all over.

Good luck to those of you who move on. (hope to see you stop by from time to time) And definately good luck to Resurgence in their new adventures.
Jimmyjimjim said:

No. You sir are the troll, with your threat of a ddos, oooo how E-thug you are. I cry bullshit. Ddos me then...what are you going to do fill up my forum inbox with your e-rage?

[May 20, 2015 12:42:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
v76odessa

I remember when Deecup was Acup. Where does the time go?
Vova

Home at Dies Irae.

Harrjm tells you " I always wished I could grow up to be you"
[May 20, 2015 2:40:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nickydog

#40yearoldgamerproblems
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=201945&offset=50#2672686

Patima: "Tart...I do what I want. You know...you find it disgusting. We find it funny. That is why we are HAPPIER than you. You know what else i
[May 20, 2015 3:38:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OtherJenny

Bu-bu-bu.... but....
*sniff*

Yep I +20 me sniffs also : (

This Ocean has lost Zarchi & Dee to the whirlpool of RL & They will be missed.
UK based so on GMT Time, but Happy to log on @ Silly O Clock for Trades.
Happy to FREE chart Polite Pirates
[May 20, 2015 3:41:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
djibouti

I always knew your were the inferior universe.

Universe 1 forever!
Crispix
Pirates of the Damned
Yar, the laws of science be a harsh mistress.
[May 21, 2015 6:42:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dooku9

Ouch. UA's made a good chunk of Cerulean history the past few years so this is big. I've only heard little since leaving but I have heard more people are leaving, & that's depressing :/
Good luck, have fun, fair winds to the departing members of UA going off game.
Blackbeard(d)
Captain of Blackbeard's Infamous
King of Davy Jones' Locker

"--he showed me his Junk and I swear my pants were on a second ago!"
Join my crew and I on our Grandest of All Pilly! Info can be found in the Cerulean events
[May 22, 2015 6:27:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Dooku9 wrote: 
]Ouch. UA's made a good chunk of Cerulean history the past few years so this is big. I've only heard little since leaving but I have heard more people are leaving that players who are no longer very active are posting that they're quitting, even though that was already apparent, & that's depressing :/
Good luck, have fun, fair winds to the departing members of UA going off game.

#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[May 23, 2015 5:42:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Flybychicy

Things will never be the same...Wishing you all the best and will be here when you realize you cannot live without us and return to the game!!
Mzbhavn and Lamiaflos on Emerald
Mzbhavn on Ceru
Captain of Play Hard
Queen of Raising Hull

aka Ryahawk of Restless Knights

[May 23, 2015 9:14:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

It's a really tough thing to admit to yourself and I wouldn't have wished it on you guys.
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[May 23, 2015 6:04:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
escooper

Things will never be the same...Wishing you all the best and will be here when you realize you cannot live without us and return to the game!!

+1 agree

Samjones
Samjones (All oceans)
Collector of ships with Mummichog fish name and Moody Adjective.

Be a pirate. Play like a pirate today #puzzlepirates
[May 23, 2015 6:05:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blacktoad3

Aww this is most definatly very sad news..

Zarchi and UA strived to always make the game fun and full of adventure. They stayed solo for so long yet proved to be a masterful powerhouse.

Zarchi, a long time friend i will miss your antics... I remember ye as a green on the docks with grand ideas of yer first event. I hope ye will come back enough for another "Touch your Junk"

I will cherish the 2 award ribbons from ye ferever.

To Resurgance, best of luck with the new flag. I see many old faces of UA in there and hope that the standards set will continue.
"Yo, Ho! Ho! Ho!

Prince BadSanta Born on Cobalt

Avatar by Sir Gummy Bear @ Party Central Radio
[May 24, 2015 11:32:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Erfan

LAME. SUPER LAME. ALL OF THIS.

Good luck in the real world, glad I got to know you, etc. See you on Skype.

Nemesis says, "Since Erfan joined us, let me just give a blanket, totally not directed at anyone (ERFAN), warning that certain topics are not to be talked about on the docks."
Chaotic Neutral/Sushicide Royal/avatar by Cattrin
[Jun 6, 2015 1:23:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitter.com/erfan    YPPErfan [Link]  Go to top 
v76odessa

#40yearoldgamerproblems

38 actually. You have to be careful, rounding up peoples ages can get you in trouble. Like 14 to 17? That can be a costly mistake. But you will learn that on your own I guess sooner or later.
Vova

Home at Dies Irae.

[Jun 7, 2015 11:56:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nickydog

vova you would know about costly mistakes considering your "record" ;-)
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=201945&offset=50#2672686

Patima: "Tart...I do what I want. You know...you find it disgusting. We find it funny. That is why we are HAPPIER than you. You know what else i
[Jun 8, 2015 6:08:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

I don't know who you are, but you hold some serious grudges lol.

^Look!!! It's your face every time Vova pops up on forums!

Tinycat on Cerulean
Disclaimer: I purposely bring drama into peaceful conversations.
[Jun 8, 2015 10:29:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
v76odessa

For clarity Nicky is speaking of my arrest record.
Nicky, do not be mad. You couldn't of actually profited off that. I would only of hired a actual lawyer.
Vova

Home at Dies Irae.

[Jun 16, 2015 11:35:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pj2w09

For clarity Nicky is speaking of my arrest record.
Nicky, do not be mad. You couldn't of actually profited off that. I would only of hired a actual lawyer.

AN actual lawyer
Patima - Dies Irae

Meow meow meow to be crystal clear meow. Meow meow Much younger than you meow. Meow meow intern meow lawyer meow meow. Meow Patima's boobs meow meow.
Meow meow Vova meow meow Patima is the devil meow.
[Jun 16, 2015 11:39:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

LOL - I love that Patima had to correct Vova.
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Jun 16, 2015 11:50:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates