• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 80
Posts: 80   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 36533 times and has 79 replies Next Thread
pegasiswolf

XMAS IN JULY 2015 - Nonstop 24hr Grandfrig Pillage - LOTS of prizes!! Reply to this Post

it will be 24 hr NONSTOP pillage on a GRANDFRIG ...

there will be AT LEAST 7 FAMILIARS to win this year!!!!

date is set to start July 3, 2015.. at 10am game time ... and end July 4, 2015.. at 10am game time.. so it should not interfere with any blockades (jobbing offer goes up 9:30am)

the format will be the SAME as previous years...

Xmas in July 2011
Xmas in July 2012
Xmas in July 2013
Xmas in July 2014

we sail nonstop.. get into battles along the way... like a regular pillage.. with 3 main differences....

1) everyone that comes.. will be given a FREE red candycane outfit (red stripeys)

2) every few minutes.. we will be doing fun things to win 1 of 400 wrapped presents ... that could be familiars--ships--pets--furniture--OM items--poe--dubs --or other great items ...

3) we will be keeping track of duty reports and giving out points based on performance.... with prizes for the overall top 3 scores in EACH station type (so the longer u stay the more points u can rack up.. points do NOT have to be consecutive.. yes you may leave and then come back.. so hop on often)

Points will be given as follows:
2 pts. for each Incredible
1 pt. for each Excellent

points for gunning will ONLY be counted using the Duty Report at the end of battles
points for all other stations will ONLY be counted using the Duty Report at each League Point (NOT the DR before or after battles)

SCORING WILL BE AUTOMATED... that means we will only need a momentary stop at each league point to tally..

a PRELIMINARY PRIZE LIST is as follows:

Top combined OVERALL score (regardless of station(s)) will Win a parrot:

Top MALE pirate will win a Green /Tan PARROT FAMILIAR!!
Top FEMALE pirate will win a Red /Tan PARROT FAMILIAR!!

both top winners will also receive a PORTRAIT for their page titled "Xmas in July Top Male (or Female) 2015" (a framed copy will be placed in our HALL OF FAME onboard the Event ship for posterity)

The pirate that stays the LONGEST will win an ICEBLUE /WHITE PARROT FAMILIAR !! (if there is a TIE for longest, we will use an onboard gaming table to determine the winner, ie., each pirate spinning the roulette wheel once and highest number wins! a smaller prize will be given to those that do not win the playoff)

1st place Sails -Yuletide Class Sloop
1st place Rigs -Yuletide Class Sloop
1st place Carp -Yuletide Class Sloop
1st place Patching -Yuletide Class Sloop
1st place Bilge -Yuletide Class Sloop
1st place Guns -Yuletide Class Sloop

2nd place Sails -Red /Green Decorated Cutter
2nd place Rigs -Red /Green Decorated Cutter
2nd place Carp -Red /Green Decorated Cutter
2nd place Patching -Red /Green Decorated Cutter
2nd place Bilge -Red /Green Decorated Cutter
2nd place Guns -Red /Green Decorated Cutter

3rd place Sails - Red /Green Decorated sloop
3rd place Rigs - Red /Green Decorated sloop
3rd place Carp - Red /Green Decorated sloop
3rd place Patching - Red /Green Decorated sloop
3rd place Bilge - Red /Green Decorated sloop
3rd place Guns - Red /Green Decorated sloop

There will also be "S E C R E T - T R I G G E R " prizes (special prizes) TAN MONKEY NAMED "ELF", TAN OCTOPUS FAMILIAR NAMED "RUDOLPH"

There will be 400 wrapped presents this year!!!

Present(s) will be won every few minutes.. (400 in 24hrs.. averages 16+ per hour)....for various reasons (could be top good on carp this league.... could be XMAS TRIVIA... could be top 3 treasure haul.... could be the first person to show me a requested item... could be ANYTHING THAT POPS IN MY HEAD.... something for all skills levels).. the winner will win C H O I C E of ANY numbered pressie onboard.... so its totally FAIR... pick carefully :)

We will also have portrait easels onboard ... take a portrait to commemorate ur participation...

There will even be 4 "Portrait with Santa" prizes wrapped up!!!

MARK UR CALENDARS NOW .. so u dont miss out !!!

-----if you have anything to donate as prizes... plz contact Pegasiswolf in-game (and ONLY Pegasiswolf.. if anyone else claims to be accepting donations for xmas in july.. plz... use /complain)... this is really a group effort... can use all the help we can get .. ty ty :) -------

(i will EDIT and update this same thread with more info often... so feel free to bookmark this page to stay informed)
----------------------------------------
Pegasiswolf- Captain of Dream Catchers and Queen of Fleet of Dreams -Emerald

host of XMAS IN JULY event 2011 to 2020

"maintaining a positive attitude may not fix all of lifes problems, but it should annoy enough ppl to make it worth the
[Edit 2 times, last edit by pegasiswolf at Mar 29, 2015 9:43:47 AM]
[Mar 11, 2015 5:07:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Smooblymoobs

Re: XMAS IN JULY 2015 - Nonstop 24hr Grandfrig Pillage - LOTS of prizes!! Reply to this Post

Love these! Will be there for the full run pending work. :D
[Mar 11, 2015 5:12:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Re: XMAS IN JULY 2015 - Nonstop 24hr Grandfrig Pillage - LOTS of prizes!! Reply to this Post

the prizes this year are just incredible....

so.. here is a little teaser.......

among the 400 wrapped pressies... u will find -

familiars-
a SERPENT familiar
a KRACKLING familiar
a TAN OCTOPUS familiar
a TAN PARROT familiar
(and more)

Ships-
more YULETIDE sloops
XMAS painted/decorated sloops
XMAS painted longship
Baghlahs
War Frigs
Rogue sloops
other LE ships
sealed deeds
(and more)

Pets-
BLACK pets
GOLD pets
gators
LE tigers (red velvet.. gold... candycane)
Iceblue seal
blue seal
MALA CAT
(and more)

OM eggs-
Hera
Galene
Clotho
Nemesis
Demeter
Bia (rare)
Atropos
(may get more)

Portraits-
on-board portraits with santa
hand-drawn portraits by local artists
PORTRAIT WITH AN OM!!!! (2 prizes.. Gaea and Calliope) (commissioned by THEM)... try to find THAT somewhere else!!!! PRICELESS

speaking of priceless... Gaea also donated 2 other trinkets:
1- having GAEA as ur partner in Spades for 1 hour (unwagered... with no special win button)
1- 1 hour with GAEA puzzling with you... pillage with you... do expos... do SMH.. or play/partner in parlor games (unwagered... so no poker) NO special OM-tricks... just like a regular pirate... (no blockades)

a home - win a MANOR of ur own!!

a SHIPYARD - Dhowin it on Armstrong!!

full outfits

wrapped badges -
bravery
parlor
labor

sets of 4 LE chromas

sets of 6 RM (enough for a standard rename for sloop)

red/green WEAPONS
swords
bludgeons

LOTS of great furniture-
xmas-themed
Royalblue
LE colored
ARTIFACT
(and more)

Poe/dubs-
10 dubs

oh did i mention.. there is a trinket wrapped up that says you win ONE MILLION POE!!! (who wants to become an instant millionaire????)

REMEMBER: u can win a pressie for various reasons... puzzling (various skill levels)... trivia.... or any random reason i come up with.... every few minutes!!!.... and you win CHOICE of ANY numbered pressie on the ship. .. so its up to YOU to pick the prize!!!!

anyone getting excited yet????

which prize do you hope YOU pick?????

"maintaining a positive attitude may not fix all of lifes problems, but it should annoy enough ppl to make it worth the
[Edit 4 times, last edit by pegasiswolf at Apr 13, 2015 7:34:45 AM]
[Mar 11, 2015 5:26:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

One of the best-planned, best-run events I have ever been a part of. I hope that I remember to log on this time (last year, I was busy and I forgot to come. :( )
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Mar 11, 2015 2:48:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

One of the best-planned, best-run events I have ever been a part of.

WOW... that is some HIGH praise..... thankyou :)

i work HARD on it all year long.... but it gives me a GOAL.... so i really enjoy it....

[Mar 11, 2015 3:49:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Oldwater has purchased and has donated a NEW UNOPENED BOX SET!!!...

now... PP has said:

Offering real-life prizes
We are not comfortable with events hosted on this site offering prizes that require winners to provide mailing addresses. We therefore request that you do not do this.

so....

once a winner is determined...the box set can be opened... and u will be given the ONE-USE code.... which u can then enter via the YPP website.....

for anyone that doesnt know.. the box set is VERY special... and will give u a FOREVER BACKSWORD (never dusts) OR HAT (never dusts)...

REALLY great prize... ty OLDWATER!!

[Mar 13, 2015 9:12:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Oldwater has purchased and has donated a NEW UNOPENED BOX SET!!!...

now... PP has said:

Offering real-life prizes
We are not comfortable with events hosted on this site offering prizes that require winners to provide mailing addresses. We therefore request that you do not do this.

so....

once a winner is determined...the box set can be opened... and u will be given the ONE-USE code.... which u can then enter via the YPP website.....

for anyone that doesnt know.. the box set is VERY special... and will give u a FOREVER BACKSWORD (never dusts) OR HAT (never dusts)...

REALLY great prize... ty OLDWATER!!

BACKSWORD! I've been trying to buy that box set for a LONG time... Now I have to go...
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Mar 16, 2015 5:29:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Oldwater1

Bought one for myself about a year ago, I choose a Maroon/Grey Savvy hat...looks a LOT like a buccaneer hat xD

Lets see someone out-donate me NOW! >:D
Oldwater the Emeraldian
SO of The Chat Boochers
Prince of Slightly Pixilated

[Mar 16, 2015 7:39:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/oldwater.luminin [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Shubunkin has donated a SHIPYARD on Armstrong...Dhowin' it

[Mar 24, 2015 4:49:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Oldwater1

Hmm...Challenge Accepted?
Oldwater the Emeraldian
SO of The Chat Boochers

[Apr 27, 2015 7:52:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/oldwater.luminin [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

only about ONE MONTH left to go... wooo hooooo....

so many wonderful prizes this year....

be sure to spread the word and tell everyone to make plans to come for as long as they can.... lets keep the ship FULL and winning battles for the entire 24 hrs!!

if you have any questions... just ask...

if you would like to HELP before/during the event... contact pegasiswolf ... can use all the help we can get :)

woo hooo im so excited!

[Jun 1, 2015 9:34:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
asayy

Woohoo!! I completely forgot about your Xmas in July events! I'm glad that my cruise starts on the 8th... I can actually attend this year! Super excited. I'll be contacting you in game in a few days with something.. ;)
Quill on Obsidian, Newasayy on Emerald
[Jun 2, 2015 6:37:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
username520

I remember doing this last year and getting a wrapped parlor badge! I sold it just yesterday
Hollandlop - Emerald
[Jun 2, 2015 2:38:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flax5

I wanna win One Million Poe. It take like a week on Kraken to get that much! Maybe next year there will be a million Dub giveaway!
I am Jimmiebuffet on Emmy, Raid on Cruel, Raidy on Meridian, and Jimmybuffett on Ice. Along with my many alts.

"Havana daydreaming, oh he just scheming his life away!"
[Jun 2, 2015 4:39:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

LOL 3,600,000,000 poe? GL with that.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Jun 2, 2015 5:11:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Oldwater1

O_O I'd have to make a withdraw from the UADB (Under Admiral Docks Bank - "Where all those sank Dubs and PoE Go!") to make that a prize Jimmie!

*"Where all those sank Dubs and PoE Go!" is the registered property of the UADB, used with credit. (Because I couldn't remember my PIN - hehe)*

Oldwater the Emeraldian
SO of The Chat Boochers

[Jun 4, 2015 3:34:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/oldwater.luminin [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Woohoo!! I completely forgot about your Xmas in July events! I'm glad that my cruise starts on the 8th... I can actually attend this year! Super excited. I'll be contacting you in game in a few days with something.. ;)

how can anyone forget? i have been spamming about it for months at the inn (and to anyone else that will listen lol)

ooo u have something for me to wrap? yayyyy.....catch me in-game new hun :)

[Jun 4, 2015 10:03:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

I wanna win One Million Poe. It take like a week on Kraken to get that much! Maybe next year there will be a million Dub giveaway!

a million dubs? thats NOT in my budget rofl.....but...

KEEP DREAMING jimmy lol

[Jun 4, 2015 10:09:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

LOL 3,600,000,000 poe? GL with that.

hes a DREAMER... what do u expect? :)

u gonna come win another parrot this year emp?

which reminds me.... based on all the wonderful donations this year.. MAYBE next year... we can work out colored parrots.... (that i would change to red/green and green/red of COURSE!!)

[Jun 4, 2015 10:11:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

O_O I'd have to make a withdraw from the UADB (Under Admiral Docks Bank - "Where all those sank Dubs and PoE Go!") to make that a prize Jimmie!

*"Where all those sank Dubs and PoE Go!" is the registered property of the UADB, used with credit. (Because I couldn't remember my PIN - hehe)*

did u see what i said to emp? im thinking COLORED parrots next year... (so i can color them red/green and green/red)..... just in case u were looking for a GOAL for a donation lol

[Jun 4, 2015 10:13:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

Will definitely try to make it and bring RL friends. Hoping that work won't interfere with anything.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

[Jun 4, 2015 11:53:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Will definitely try to make it and bring RL friends. Hoping that work won't interfere with anything.

yes yes... drag in ur friends and neighbors... maybe they will get addicted to the game and drag in THEIR friends and neighbors..... snowball!!

[Jun 5, 2015 1:40:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

Haha well I meant some of my friends I met on YPP who also happen to live near me :) wish I could drag IRL friends in without them thinking I'm weird :/
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

[Jun 5, 2015 2:17:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kanyebest

^^^ That post describes my emotions exactly. xD
Kanyebest on Emerald
[Jun 5, 2015 4:02:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zirraffica

Portraits-
on-board portraits with santa
hand-drawn portraits by local artists
PORTRAIT WITH AN OM!!!! (2 prizes.. Gaea and Calliope) (commissioned by THEM)... try to find THAT somewhere else!!!! PRICELESS

Can't they allow us to have a portrait with them even if we do the commission cost? I'd really die just to have a portrait with Calliope! Well for people who won't win the portrait prize :D
Zirra
Captain of Infinity xx
Emerald Ocean
Gascony tells ye, "How've you been, in your various incarnations?"

Times says, "this game is a cruel mistress"
Dinosaurjr says, "ya i dont know why i play these days"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Zirraffica at Jun 5, 2015 6:20:12 PM]
[Jun 5, 2015 6:19:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Oldwater1

I think the OMs do portraits with pirates typically only when won as a prize during an official event (hosted by the OMs). What makes this special is that THEY are the one commissioning it.

So it'll read something like, "Commissioned by Gaea aboard the fine vessel "Xmas in July" on the fourth of July 2015."

And Pega, Challenge Accepted! I figure my goal for those parrots next year will be ~10m PoE.
Oldwater the Emeraldian
SO of The Chat Boochers

[Jun 6, 2015 10:20:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/oldwater.luminin [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

I think the OMs do portraits with pirates typically only when won as a prize during an official event (hosted by the OMs). What makes this special is that THEY are the one commissioning it.

So it'll read something like, "Commissioned by Gaea aboard the fine vessel "Xmas in July" on the fourth of July 2015."

And Pega, Challenge Accepted! I figure my goal for those parrots next year will be ~10m PoE.

yes it will read commissioned by Gaea... (u dont see them commissioned by the OM).. BUT....... Gaea wont be ON the ship standing around for 24hrs waiting to do the portrait.... the winner will need to just send her a message at a later time and show her the trinket to collect the prize....

altho Gaea (and all other OMs) have a standing invite to join us on the ship during the event..... (and if they do....MAYBE someone MIGHT be able to sweet-talk them into a portrait)....

but there ARE portrait easels all over the ship... if u would like to get a portrait alone or with friends... it will read 'aboard the fine vessel "Xmas in July" on the 3rd (or 4th) of July'..... and make a wonderful momento...

if YOU would like to commission one with Pegasiswolf (dressed as Santa of course)... just ask... im happy to join ur portrait... just be patient as it is pretty hectic during the event.....and i may miss chat at times

[Jun 11, 2015 1:03:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

With a permission from Peg, I'm shamelessly posting this...

Whoever wins the Bia egg, find me - I'll buy it off from you :)

It is more than likely that I can't join this pillage so my chances to win anything are slim. I do wish you all happy Xmas though, now get to work!
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Jun 15, 2015 2:27:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Whoever wins the Bia egg, find me - I'll buy it off from you :)

It is more than likely that I can't join this pillage so my chances to win anything are slim. I do wish you all happy Xmas though, now get to work!

i will also have a list after the event .. of who won each item... if others have a certain item they have their eye on :)

[Jun 15, 2015 5:29:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

ONLY 2 WEEKS TIL XMAS!!!!!

The ship is ready!!!

The stock is ready!!!

Peg and helpers are ready!!!

are YOU ready?

if u have any questions ... ask away....

and PLEASE tell ALL ur friends to come and join the fun.... help spread the word ... so we can prevent the ship from becoming understaffed!!!

-of course i want to give a TON of thanks for all the ppl that have contributed ... this really has been a GROUP effort with so many ppl all over the ocean being SO helpful this year.... :)

[Jun 18, 2015 10:33:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 80   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates