• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2951 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
WutaiWeb

"Disturb The Kraken" Requirements Reply to this Post

We all had it happen or saw it happen: your ship spends many minutes flying over to the Kraken's lair and lo and behold! Your "Disturb the Kraken" button is greyed out! D:

Sometimes this may be a bug but more often than not it's due to not meeting one of the many nuance criterias required by The Kraken to enter his slimy, gropy, tentacley embrace.

I intend to add this list of the requirements needed to the Yppedia Kraken page, since confusion seems to be rampant on this matter of entering the Kraken.

Please review and revise, if necessary:

1) Lifeboats, there must be one lifeboat ticket consumed per pirate, per entry. Thirty entries of 10 pirates requires 300 lifeboats in total (Sparta!)

2) "Configure Voyage" must be set to Sea Monster Hunt. (Edit: I lied. D: You can enter with any voyage type set. Thanks to the two fact checkers below :3 ) This can only be obtained if the ending chart-destination is the league point of the Kraken Lair. As a word of caution, configure voyage can be "downgraded" while at sea to pillaging, if the ship is re-charted to a non-SMH league point, even if only temporarily, and to evading at any time. The voyage can not, however, be "upgraded" back to Sea Monster Hunt unless the ship returns to any island's league point, from which there it can freely configure its voyage type.

3) If the ship is not owned by the raid leader, the ship must be set to battle-ready. Yes, you heard right. Even if the Kraken is a nonsinking activity, for whatever reason it is classified as a Sea Monster Hunt and the ship must be set to battle-ready if it is not owned by you. If it is owned by you, then you and your jobbers may enter regardless of what security layer the ship is set to.

4) All pirates on board must be free of tournaments and ongoing carousing games (including SF and Rumble matches) before the ship may enter The Kraken. The tournament aspect makes sense, since we would not want anyone being ripped out of the navigation board to play a SF match in a tourny, and the requirement that all players must be out of games like poker is probably to avoid having them ripped out of their game before they can exit it properly. I don't know if this is an ongoing thing now, but formerly if a player was in a tournament and had already lost their match, the ship could not enter until that tournament, as a whole, was completed.
----------------------------------------
Hiding. :3

Wutai - Cerulean/Ice/Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by WutaiWeb at Sep 26, 2014 10:31:19 AM]
[Sep 25, 2014 7:58:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bobafeis

Re: "Disturb The Kraken" Requirements Reply to this Post

Wutai wrote: 
2) "Configure Voyage" must be set to Sea Monster Hunt. This can only be obtained if the ending chart-destination is the league point of the Kraken Lair. As a word of caution, configure voyage can be "downgraded" while at sea to pillaging, if the ship is re-charted to a non-SMH league point, even if only temporarily, and to evading at any time. The voyage can not, however, be "upgraded" back to Sea Monster Hunt unless the ship returns to any island's league point, from which there it can freely configure its voyage type.

This is inaccurate. I haven't tested with all the voyage options, but you can enter if you are set to evading. You'll just look really silly if you post to the NB.
-Annarinda (blue)/Arryarrwoot (green)/possibly other pirates along the way-
Eca drew a picture of me.

[Sep 25, 2014 9:46:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

I ALWAYS sail on evade. When I post to the NB, I type in that I am headed to a Kraken (rare...as I go with crew or hearties).

Point 4 - I did have someone on that FINISHED the tourny... as in was knocked out. Even when it was done the bar was still grayed out. I got an alt (FO in Crew) on the ship and was able to click the button.
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Sep 26, 2014 7:31:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

I ALWAYS sail on evade. When I post to the NB, I type in that I am headed to a Kraken (rare...as I go with crew or hearties).

You do realize that sailing on the Flotilla Attack or Sea Monster Hunt settings has exactly the same effect as sailing on Evade? That is, performing well at duty navigation while sailing will reduce spawns and PVP probabilities.

Why do you sail on Evade and not SMH?
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at Sep 26, 2014 9:07:48 AM]
[Sep 26, 2014 9:07:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Shinito

You do realize that sailing on the Flotilla Attack or Sea Monster Hunt settings has exactly the same effect as sailing on Evade? That is, performing well at duty navigation while sailing will reduce spawns and PVP probabilities.

Because the game doesn't actually tell you any of that?
Thorkill on Malachite 2.0 Obsidian
[Sep 26, 2014 9:33:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemedor

Because the game doesn't actually tell you any of that?

Haha I had no idea either. TIL
Nemedor on Emerald
King of Glorious Geeks
[Sep 26, 2014 10:02:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WutaiWeb

Edited about he needing to be set to SMH to enter part. Thanks to AnnaTexan.

[Sep 26, 2014 10:32:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WutaiWeb

Point 4 - I did have someone on that FINISHED the tourny... as in was knocked out. Even when it was done the bar was still grayed out. I got an alt (FO in Crew) on the ship and was able to click the button.

Aw so it"s still around. :c

If a player is knocked out but the tournament continues, the ship has to wait for the tourney as a whole to complete? :<

[Sep 26, 2014 10:36:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

I know they are the same. I do it out of habit. :)
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Sep 26, 2014 11:17:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates