• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 20
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2720 times and has 19 replies Next Thread
Male Guest
Hello Reply to this Post

Just thought i'd introduce myself, since I just registered for Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates.
My interests are reading, drawing, (although i'm not very good at that :\) Playing computer games (e.g. Muds, Half-Life those sor of things.) and practicing driving.
[Mar 19, 2003 9:45:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Henk

Re: Hello Reply to this Post

Hey! I just registered too. Im the opposite of you tho. I like paintballing, soccer, hating school, and sleeping. I hope we get invited soon. BTW, can anyone tell me the average waiting time?
[Apr 6, 2003 11:16:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BloodyTom

arr I registered and I am still waiting for ye acceptance into the beta.
YE BEST BE ADDIN' MY ACCOUNT AFORE I RUN YE THROUGH WITH ME CUTLASS AAAARRRRRRRRRRRR
[Apr 13, 2003 1:26:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Storch

yarr Reply to this Post

G'day me mateys,
ye just need to be patient lads, the game-makin'-crew admits new players in groups at a certain point o' the week (or even after 2 weeks) so if ye lads just 'ave a wait ye be admitted before ye know it.
----------------------------------------
Hoezee! Ik ben Old Tim Kapitein Van Den Vlaamsche Leeuwen !

former Captain o' the Dastardly Dragons

"Weg met het Engelse geleuter! Leve Den Edele Vlaamsche ende Nederlandsche taal!
[Apr 13, 2003 6:36:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BloodyTom

Aye Reply to this Post

Ye need not to worry, this is one patient pirate. Harr, I have other things that I need to be a tending to that will keep this here pirate busy while he waits. Til then! HARRRR OFF WITH YE!
[Apr 14, 2003 10:58:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Queenie

Good day te ye, fellow sailors!

I'm new too, so hello all. I'm a bookworm with an internet fixation, and an unfortunate obsession with 80s platform games. I'm guessing that I'm one of the few girls, right? Other MMORPGs I've played (EverQuest and Camelot, mainly) seem to be almost entirly male.

Hope to be sailing soon! :D
[Apr 24, 2003 5:03:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://serpensortia.net [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

Ahoy lass

Oh and welcome!

As for the genders this game is way different than most games out there, or atleast most larger MMORPGs.
Only the devs knows what the percentages are like but from what I can see it looks like 40/60 with most male or somewhere in that area. And also you'll find that the average YPP player is older than those of most other MMORPGs, Im very sure of that. There's also a ton of couples which is also a bit unusual.
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[Apr 24, 2003 5:10:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stevoid

Also, it can be confusing when you get indecisive people like me as I've got a male and a female pirate... (I'm really female btw!)

-------------------
Aglaura/Shadow
[Apr 24, 2003 7:19:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Harlock

Heh. Reply to this Post

My girlfriend and I both play on the same account; shes got some killer ranks in sailing (which i suck at) but i murderize people in sword fights (less i misread the supposed drop pattern, which sadly i do all too often, or get over-greedy with my 3-6 chains)

yar!
[Apr 29, 2003 8:06:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest
New Reply to this Post

Aye!
thought i poke my head out of me row boat to say "Allo mateys!"
I'm new here in these waters. Just hopefully join in the fun.

^^;
[Apr 30, 2003 2:37:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Meghaford

Harlock, what be your mate's name? I enjoy a good match with anyone, esp those who are on the higher end o the curve...
--Ursela, Captain of the Dastards
... and a few others ...
[Apr 30, 2003 10:47:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.rjmlb.com [Link]  Go to top 
Harlock

Heh. Reply to this Post

Im Harlock, shes Smith. Its kind of amusing to sword fight against you tho, as an ex-associate of mine and I used to play Puzzle Fighter (From which the sword fighting game was derived) all the time, and she used to kick my ass pretty thorough for a while too, till i honed me skills of doom upon her tactics. :P
[May 2, 2003 10:43:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maxx

Arrr, I thought I could introduce my self, haven't got exepted to ye alpha/beta test yet, hoping to get piratin' soon enough.
Looks like a great game.

Arrr
[May 3, 2003 4:51:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ozy

Just signed up too. Looking forward to some fine adventures on the high seas! Arrr.. now where did I leave my parrot?
[May 7, 2003 12:16:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dnxthx

Maybe we should have a sticky for people to introduce themselves?
Duncan
[size=10]Reformed Player
[size=8]Avatar by AaronZOOM
[May 7, 2003 2:00:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guybrusha

Aaaaarg! Ahoy me mateys, this be me first day..
I'm looking forward to plundering and pillaging with you crazy swashbuckling bunch! =^)

[May 14, 2003 3:37:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DonCarnage

forum idea Reply to this Post

at risk of cluttering forums and all important space on servers, my old games forum had a place we call the 'players lounge' where people can post stuff that doesnt necessarily fit into the game, including goodbyes and hellos.

it really helped a> to clear up clutter and b> increase the community feel of the game - we in fact have had at least a half-dozen 'mudmeets' and a player i met exclusively and only thru the mud is currently my dm for d&d, and a girl i met only thru the mud is one of my best friends girlfriends now!

again, just an idea
Not everything I think is something I should say...
[May 14, 2003 5:43:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raiderman23

Hello Reply to this Post

I just registered and I can't wait to play! I like to read, go to the movies, play on the computer, and play basketball. I'm one of the bst basketball players I know! I heard about this from TechTV, and I hope to be playing soon!
Browngotee,
Second Chair (Officer) of Keepers of the Forte
[May 16, 2003 7:54:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dustan03

Hello everyone I am also new here, I found out about this place when I was watching one of my favorites shows called the screen saver(on tech tv), they did a special feature on the game and i just knew I had to check it out so here I am. So how long does it take to start playing the game?
[May 17, 2003 5:29:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vgnight

same here i just applied. tech tv is awsome
[May 19, 2003 11:02:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    vgnight    vgnight [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates