• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 53
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6422 times and has 52 replies Next Thread
Scheherazade

Re: Piratey Fairytales V: Swan Lake Reply to this Post

I'm just posting to say that I am BLOWN AWAY by how incredible the entries are! This is such an interesting event, and I love seeing what people make for it!
----------------------------------------
Emerald: Controversy, formerly known as Cholera.

Captain of Disorderly House and Princess of Agree to Disagree.
[Jul 21, 2013 3:52:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mcimp

I'm just posting to say that I am BLOWN AWAY by how incredible the entries are! This is such an interesting event, and I love seeing what people make for it!

I KNOW! So full of the piratey talent :D

One more day (and a little bit) until deadline, peoples!
I am pretty, oh so pretty...
Elegant avatar by the talented Wayfarer.

[Jul 22, 2013 5:04:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
msladyjasper

:) thanks for the opportunity... I had fun even if I did not have the resources I needed.
[Jul 22, 2013 11:49:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hammer1

Really fun event , thank you .
Blackhammer.
[Jul 23, 2013 2:05:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mcimp

I won't be around at event finish-time, so this is just a reminder that the event closes at midnight tonight, just a few hours away :)

[Jul 23, 2013 8:17:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quagthistle

*Sigh* I did my best but I posted at 12:01 (and then realized I'd posted in the wrong thread and had to repost at 12:04). Oh well, I suppose if I'm disqualified, there's nothing else I could have done Oh well, at least I had fun participating. :)

~Quaggy

PS: The PST instead PDT is a odd this time of the year, though. Next time, I guess I should plan to have my entry done at least two hours before the deadline instead of only one (because we lose an hour to daylight savings, I guess).
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Quagthistle at Jul 23, 2013 10:35:30 PM]
[Jul 23, 2013 10:07:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

*Sigh* I did my best but I posted at 12:01 (and then realized I'd posted in the wrong thread and had to repost at 12:04). Oh well, I suppose if I'm disqualified, there's nothing else I could have done Oh well, at least I had fun participating. :)

~Quaggy

PS: The PST instead PDT is a odd this time of the year, though. Next time, I guess I should plan to have my entry done at least two hours before the deadline instead of only one (because we lose an hour to daylight savings, I guess).

Um? The deadline hasn't passed...
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jul 23, 2013 10:38:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quagthistle

Oh, it said it was after midnight when I posted. I thought it was rather odd, since even PST wouldn't be midnight yet, but that's what it said. Maybe it's because I lve in the Central Time Zone? Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I'm afraid it's been a while since I chatted on the PP Forums much.

Anyway, it was a very fun contest to do. I think there's rubber cement everywhere in my office at the moment. XD

~Quaggy
[Jul 23, 2013 10:44:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Oh, it said it was after midnight when I posted. I thought it was rather odd, since even PST wouldn't be midnight yet, but that's what it said. Maybe it's because I lve in the Central Time Zone? Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I'm afraid it's been a while since I chatted on the PP Forums much.

Anyway, it was a very fun contest to do. I think there's rubber cement everywhere in my office at the moment. XD

~Quaggy

Your forum time stamp is (usually) set to your own time zone. If in doubt, type /info in game. You're safe :)
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Jul 23, 2013 10:49:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Re: Piratey Fairytales V: Swan Lake [Deadline: July 23] Reply to this Post

/e cries

So, I waited until the last minute because I thought I'd probably fail miserably at everything I attempted, but most of the things I was worried about either turned out fine, or would have if I'd had time to get them working properly. And if I had planned better so I could have bought card stock in useful colors, instead of guessing completely wrong at what colors I'd need.

And then I was running late posting because I was having lighting issues with my crap camera, and then I was so stressed I posted in the wrong thread (and with a bad link!).

Basically, I win. Really. (Just not in the sense of actually winning at anything at all, except making tiny paper roses that you probably can't see anyway.)

But I tried, which is better than I usually do with crafting contests. And...roses?

/e faceplants into bed...as soon as some of the mess is cleaned up

For the record, that's Lincoln Lake in the background (with Galene and Hera hiding behind the tree because Clotho stole their clothes and didn't even leave them with rags). There was going to be a chair in the foreground and everything. Maybe even Apollo's pet pig who kept stalking me. :P
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Edit 4 times, last edit by budclare2 at Jul 24, 2013 12:19:01 AM]
[Jul 24, 2013 12:00:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Cruelly bumping the thread because I forgot to thank Imp for the brilliant event, which was terribly fun up until the last half hour before the deadline and which is still the only crafting event I've even nearly entered. :P

/e hugs Imp :)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jul 26, 2013 11:43:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mcimp

As always, I have been amazed by the level of talent and creativity running around. There is something special about every entry, and I am having to placate my judges with chocolate fudge meringue mug cake for torturing them with the task you've made so difficult. Special mentions have to go to Jassies, whose creative solution to a lack of materials and gorgeous work scored well - but needed at least one early name-tagged photo, and Budclare, who needs a Haiku cookie and a hug.

Enough with the speeches, here's the list:

In fifth place, Herowena of Cerulean wins the Orchestra pit furniture package and a long-stem rose trinket. Judges say: I can't even begin to tell you how many arguments we've had trying to break multiple ties for 5th. Painting parrots, color-changing wheels, beautiful paper-folding and paper-cutting... it wasn't easy. Finally we were won over by the elegant shapes of the dancers, the difficulty of working mainly in one color and the cute little pirate and rumjug poking out from behind the tree.
In fourth place, Luckyliza of Meridian wins the white/rose furniture package, white rabbit and a long-stem rose trinket. Judges say: Incredibly elegant. I love the way you modified your design instead of drawing on the cutouts! I would have liked to see a more expansive background, and perhaps more water or better placement to hide the tabletop showing between the waves, but your cutouts are superb. This was one of my favourite pieces.
In third place, Vireyda of Cerulean wins the Cursed class sloop, gator pet and a long-stem rose trinket. Judges say: It was difficult to figure out just where to place this. The boats were just gorgeous, and got lost a little in the background of your final photograph. So much intricate detail!
In second place, Quansha of Emerald wins the purple/green parrot feather, lavender rabbit pet, Verdant class sloop (renamed to 'Little Ballerina'), the planters of wildflowers and a very papery inscribed summer pinwheel trinket. Judges say: very thematic! Love the peg-legged dancer and the layering you created the effects of the theater with. Well done.
In first place, Velternal of Meridian wins the white/white parrot feather, unicorn pet, swan-necked ancient rumjug, Sandiibottom's fourth egg and an equally papery inscribed summer trinket. Judges say: Speechless with wonder :)

Prize winners, await delivery from the luvverly ClothOdile. If I've missed anything, poke me. I've been studying, so my brain is just so much mush.

If you did not win a prize... catch me on Meridian as imp, I will have something small for you on your home ocean ^-^

[Jul 27, 2013 2:11:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quansha

Thank ye so much, I am such a happy pirate!

All the entries were awesome, hope everyone had as much fun doing this as I did.
Quansha on Emerald
[Jul 27, 2013 4:57:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

Congrats to the winners! Amazing work here :) Thanks for a fun contest :)
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

[Jul 27, 2013 6:39:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Thank you very much! The score of Swan Lake was the first classical music I ever recognized, due to a wind-up Barbie piano.* (I later realized that Bugs Bunny cartoons were often based on operas, but I didn't know it at the time.) So not only did this event get me to try something new, I enjoyed a nostalgic laugh. Thanks!

Like this one. MY Barbie was a cool chick. She also prospected for gold, colonized the moon, and dated a Han Solo doll. Ken never stood a chance.
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Jul 27, 2013 7:05:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vireyda

Yay!! Thanks so much for running this event McImp! I had a great time exploring paper craft!

Congrats to the other winners as well! :D
Vireyda
Midnight Cerulean
SO of Phire Phoenix

KP PIMPED my Avvie!
[Jul 27, 2013 8:41:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

/e throws confetti for all the winners, even Velternal who rudely spoiled the surprise by being so awesome that there was no question she would win ;)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jul 27, 2013 6:46:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vellanora

Thank you so much for my pretty prizes! Congrats to the other winners as well, the entries were all so cute. :)
And also! Budclare I am sorry! :( Though I wish I would have been so confident in it as well! >.<
/e runs off to more crafting.
Velternal, Meridian.
I draw Avatars!.
[Jul 28, 2013 12:43:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hammer1

Congratulations to the Winners , and once again thank-you for the wonderful event .
Blackhammer.
[Jul 28, 2013 12:50:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mcimp

Prizes have been delivered by Clothomagic!

Vireyda, you will need to trade the ship deed to an alt and back again in order for it to show up correctly (a quirk when ships get magicked to you while you are offline).

Again, anyone who didn't win prizes, hunt me down as imp on Meridian for a little something. I will also be trying to catch you on home oceans as Mcimp as time and brain-mushing study permit.

[Jul 28, 2013 7:10:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Apologies that I've been a little tardy swooping in and looking at entires (living in a campervan for a month while earthquake repairs are done to ones home tends to make even the most organized Goddess forget to do important stuff!). The following two pirates have now had a Hera Egg and a small trinket placed in their inventories:

Jassies of Emerald for her giving a Happy Ever After ending for me! I'm a sucker for romance and while I might not sail off into the sunset with the glorious Apollo, I'm rather happy not to have come to a sticky end.

Vireyda of Cerulean for her spectacular Peacock Ship. You spent a lot of time on your entry and I was very impressed with the Peacock, Swan and Black Swan ships. Excellent work!

Congratulations to all who entered. You should be very proud of your work!
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Aug 5, 2013 3:08:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vireyda

Thank you thank you thank you Hera!! What a wonderful surprise!
Vireyda
Midnight Cerulean
SO of Phire Phoenix

KP PIMPED my Avvie!
[Aug 6, 2013 9:19:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mcimp

Thank you thank you thank you Hera!! What a wonderful surprise!

I like surprises :3
3 cheers for Hera!

[Aug 7, 2013 12:41:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates