• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1512 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Ilyarus2004

Items for Skellies Reply to this Post

I remember when skellies used to take items. It was so interesting because you got some neat stuff after. I remember Cronus dropping off some sleeping animals with skellies as well and everyone being so excited to possibly win one. Why was this taken out of the game?
----------------------------------------
Ilya on most of the oceans,
Russian on Midnight.

Hypnos tells ye, "i burn u"

Avatars by Silverransom, Domokun, Shortyjack and Tilinka!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ilyarus2004 at Jun 29, 2013 7:21:50 PM]
[Jun 29, 2013 7:21:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ellopoppet

Re: Items for Skellies Reply to this Post

Wasn't it take out of the game before houses? I don't recall. When we had no place to store things it was horrible, then after everyone just made sure they only had junk on themselves which made it crap wins. Lets be honest, how often do OM's add to the pot?
~Athens~ Hunter

Want to know who makes my avatars?
[Jun 29, 2013 8:25:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Culiford

It was taken out because everyone would get bid tickets for 1 Poe for 1 unit of wood to bid against the skellies. It became completely pointless and a waste of time to go grab them.
Culliford on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince of Universe A
[Jun 29, 2013 8:50:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Aye, it was there long after houses were - Houses were added in 2005, but item wagering was removed in 2009.

Wagering was removed because people managed to work out what the skellies tended to ask for first, and so would hang onto whisking potions with one swig remaining, or bandanas and plain shirts, et cetera, so that the skellies wouldn't take valuable things. If the skellies did wind up asking for something valuable, they'd just summon an alt and trade it away before joining.

Still, even the junk was occasionally nice to get. I was once part of a winning fray on the eighty-second attempt - didn't have to buy whisking potions for months. =P
[Jun 29, 2013 10:01:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

I really wish they would bring this back. It was honestly more fun, even if it was junk.
Ilya on most of the oceans,
Russian on Midnight.

Hypnos tells ye, "i burn u"

Avatars by Silverransom, Domokun, Shortyjack and Tilinka!
[Jun 30, 2013 2:36:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

I really wish they would bring this back. It was honestly more fun, even if it was junk.

No, it was a royal pain having to keep moving stuff you cared about to an alt or to storage. I'm all for having some variety more than "chart for one person", but please not something that either requires me to have to hide stuff I want to keep, or something where I know I'm going to want to trash the stuff I win.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Jun 30, 2013 5:46:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

^
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[Jun 30, 2013 7:14:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates