• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4915 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Dexla

Question regarding "new" prizes Reply to this Post

There have been some recent additions to the furniture scene over the past year and I was wondering what rules apply if we were interested in using them as prizes.

Are we allowed to request any of the following as prizes?

Some have been awarded during in-game competition prizes:
Anubis Statue, Horus jar, Anubis Jar, Blue urn with treasure, yellow urn with treasure, Ancient vase, Decorative cannonballs

There was one month where the Anubis Statue was awarded in a Limited Edition mystery box (wine). If we avoid LE colors, are we allowed to use them?
What about items from the monthly gifts that have only appeared (so far) in Royal blue? (Like the Vampiric candelabra, Guys, or the skeleton chest.) Can we award any of those?

There have been other items award in LE color mystery boxes, that have not been available anyplace else, and are not particularly of a LE color: (example) Poker chips, Vampire book case, Skelly candelabra, smuggler wine crates, explosive barrels, bombs... can we consider these?

I think that's all... or at least the ones on the top of my mind.

Working on something :) would like to know asap!
----------------------------------------
Dexla d'Midnight
[Apr 3, 2013 12:59:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Re: Question regarding "new" prizes Reply to this Post

As I'm wondering some of that myself, I really hope for an answer. And with the Mystery Box trinkets I assume it is fine as long as we provide them ourselves?
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Apr 4, 2013 1:24:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Just an update : Clotho is looking into my question because she is full of sugar and spice and all that's nice!

Just to be clear for posterity's sake, I'm asking about these items that I can't provide myself at all. I do try to provide as much as I possibly can, but when the OMs can step in with an extra-special prize in the mix, it's makes things just a we bit more tingly exciting! weeee!

But, in addition to Locu's question, now I have more....

I keep losing track of the the ruling on items that are considered "special."

It used to be- no prizes could come from SMH, or at least how I understood it. But now, if you can provide the item, it's ok? I noticed the snake Locu gave away and I pondered...

And, same goes for items which start out as designs. I can not say "Clotho, will you magic up a BK egg for me? or a Rogue sloop?" but I CAN? give her a BK egg and a pre-made rogue sloop and ask she deliver it to Emerald? Yes? No? ¿Sí? (Look what I did there! I found the correct key strokes on my iMac!)

Dexla d'Midnight
[Apr 4, 2013 7:22:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

i cannot answer for super rare stuff like ancient furni, but I do know that Clotho kindly allowed me to use two of seleens eggs as prizes in my upcoming event...and as far as I know you can simply give her a deed to say a rogue sloop and it should be allowed??? Also...make your events ocean wide ^_^ /e loves your events
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Apr 4, 2013 7:31:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

It used to be- no prizes could come from SMH, or at least how I understood it. But now, if you can provide the item, it's ok?

I think there's a bit of a mix-up here... OMs, as a rule, will not provide and generally not use (with very few exceptions ) LE items or in LE colors or from the special zones (Atlantis, Cursed, Haunted, design, etc.) for events. However, if they belong to you and you choose to use them as prizes on your own events, then you are more than welcome to use them - the same way Locu used his own familiar for that particular event because it fit the theme so nicely. I think I've seen a few similar events in the past, particularly with LE ships. The restriction only applies to items requested as OM assistance.

I'm still doing some detective work on the first question, at this point we haven't discussed if the 'LE restriction' mentioned above applies to those new event-only items or if they will fall under the same category as the artifacts (granted sparingly to large enough events). I'll know more soon.

Edit: the event-only eggs fall under the same category as the artifacts or sleeping pets.
Edit2: I had this previously but a refresh ate my response!

BK egg and a pre-made rogue sloop and ask she deliver it to Emerald? Yes? No? ¿Sí? (yay for español!!)

A request like this will have a better chance if it's a large enough event, if the event host has a good track record of event management, if it fits the theme, etc. Event proposals are evaluated on a case to case basis. Keep in mind that all these restrictions we are discussing apply only if OM assistance is requested. Anyone is welcome to run events at any time, providing the prizes of their choice - of course, normal rules and restrictions apply.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Clotho at Apr 4, 2013 8:17:12 AM]
[Apr 4, 2013 7:54:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

hehe thanks!

I am working on a plan, and I think I have a prize list ironed out, that now, doesn't involve ANYTHING I've mentioned above, but I like to learn/know stuff for future use! And I hope it helps others to have this information available on the forums!

Don't get toooo excited Pixie. While I plan to run it all oceans (cause that's the most fun) it's a format that I haven't done in a long time...

/me zips it
Dexla d'Midnight
[Apr 4, 2013 8:48:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

/e stalks the other oceans for events now :P I need useless unused paraphernalia there too right???
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Apr 4, 2013 9:13:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

We have info now!

The event-only furniture currently not listed as artifact such as: Ancient vase, Anubis jar, Anubis statue, Blue urn with treasure, Broken yellow urn, Decorative cannon balls, Decorative small cannon balls, Horus jar, Yellow urn with treasure - will remain for OM events only for the time being. This will likely change over time, but not just yet.

The monthly gifts that have only appeared (so far) in Royal blue? (Like the Vampiric candelabra, Guys, or the skeleton chest.) Can we award any of those?

Those are part of what's considered LE furniture or LE colors- as mentioned above, if an event host owns one and wants to use it as a prize on their event, it's fine. However, they will not be provided upon request like we occasionally do for the artifacts, sleeping pets or event eggs.

If I managed to confuse everyone more than they were before, or if any detail is still unclear, please let me know :)
[Apr 4, 2013 8:15:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pixulayted

We have info now!

The event-only furniture currently not listed as artifact such as: Ancient vase, Anubis jar, Anubis statue, Blue urn with treasure, Broken yellow urn, Decorative cannon balls, Decorative small cannon balls, Horus jar, Yellow urn with treasure - will remain for OM events only for the time being. This will likely change over time, but not just yet.

Available for request, if OM approves?

The monthly gifts that have only appeared (so far) in Royal blue? (Like the Vampiric candelabra, Guys, or the skeleton chest.) Can we award any of those?

Those are part of what's considered LE furniture or LE colors- as mentioned above, if an event host owns one and wants to use it as a prize on their event, it's fine. However, they will not be provided upon request like we occasionally do for the artifacts, sleeping pets or event eggs.

If I managed to confuse everyone more than they were before, or if any detail is still unclear, please let me know :)

Only unanswered one I think has been:
I have a rouge sloop on meridian. I want it on emerald for an event.
Response: case by case basis? Or...? I was slightly confused on that.
[Apr 4, 2013 8:45:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Available for request, if OM approves?

The new event furniture items will remain 'OM events only' for the time being. So no, at this time we will not be granting them upon request.

Only unanswered one I think has been:
I have a rouge sloop on meridian. I want it on emerald for an event.
Response: case by case basis? Or...? I was slightly confused on that.

This one is tricky because it's not an absolute. I can't just say a blanket yes or no - the quality of the event, judging parameters and experience of the host play a big part on such decision.

As example: if someone who has never run an event asks, or if the event has no clear-cut judging parameters, etc. - the answer will probably be no. On the other hand: if the player asking has run a number of successful events, the judging parameters are clear and the event is large enough, then we might consider approval. In my opinion, it doesn't hurt to ask once a proposal is ready!
[Apr 4, 2013 9:09:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Thank you Clotho! I understand completely and I really appreciate you checking into all this for us!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Apr 4, 2013 9:17:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates