• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 55
Posts: 55   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8649 times and has 54 replies Next Thread
Apollo
OceanMaster

December Doodle #9 [WINNERS POSTED] Reply to this Post

29 December - Happy New Year!

Contest opens now! Contest will finish at midnight at the end of Friday night.

This one could be quite a project. I'm giving you a whole week, because I'd like you to create the whole YEAR.
Your task for this Doodle is to create a 2013 Calendar.

-- This can be a single large calendar page, including the whole year, or you could create a month-per-page calendar.
-- Your calendar should include the days/dates/months accurately
-- Your calendar should be illustrated
-- You may borrow game art for the illustrations, or you may create them yourself. You may use your own photographs. You may not use any other 'borrowed' material, even if it is public domain (with the exception below)
-- You may, however, use a public domain list of days/dates for each month (put "2013 calendar" into your browser search engine to find example images, but remember not to include commercial icons or use copyrighted versions)
-- Your illustrations should include reference to the months / seasons, and should reflect pirates and the Puzzle Pirates game.
-- Edit: following a question on this, the default is that the seasons would follow the game seasons, but if you want the calendar to follow your own local seasons (e.g. you're from New Zealand and want December to be hot rather than snowy), then you may do so. If you are not using 'in-game seasons', please make a note in your entry post so that I know what you've done!

You may use any medium to create your calendar, as long as you can get an image of the final version online for us to see! Judging will be based on the final image, so you won't get any extra marks for carving the calendar out of turnips compared to using a computer package!

-- We will need to be able to see the details of your calendar, so you will need to include a smaller image in your post (and this single image should include your whole year), but also link to one or more larger images hosted elsewhere.
-- No animation
-- For your entry image, the maximum image size is 600 x 600, and file format is .jpg or .png
-- For your additiuonal image(s), the maximum image size and file format is going to be dependent only on the limitations of your hosting site - but try not to make it so large that we're scrolling around for hours trying to see the whole thing. As a guide, we should be able to view one month comfortably on a screen.
-- If you've gone for a page-per-month approach, then it's fine to include more than one month per link in your additional image(s), so that seeing them all is quicker
-- Prepare your images, then upload them to a hosting site - either web space of your own, or one of the many file hosting services available, such as flickr.com, photobucket.com, imageshack.com. You then have a url for your image.
-- Make sure your image links do not require viewers to register or download anything. Use the "Preview" button before posting your entry, to make sure the image is showing correctly. Remember to press "Reply to this post" instead of "Post new thread"!
-- You will include your final image as an image in the your entry post using image tags, as shown here
-- You can then include your additional image(s) as links (using the url) rather than images

Entry post
Your entry post should include:
-- your pirate name and ocean at the top
-- the single image of your whole 2013 calendar
-- links to one or more additional images hosted elsewhere, so that we can see the detail of your 2013 calendar

As a reminder, please read the general rules before posting.

Go Doodle!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Apollo at Mar 24, 2013 11:11:47 AM]
[Dec 28, 2012 2:18:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

Re: December Doodle #9 [Deadline end Friday 4th January 2013] Reply to this Post

I am a little confused about what to do for the entry image if we decide on a Month per page calendar.

Do you want a single image showing all 12 months joined together making each page no larger than 200*150 (given that the max size overall is 600*600. If so it would be difficult to see each image.

Can we make the entry image like the cover page on a calendar showing one of the images overlayed with a title.

Apollo edit: answered in the discussion thread (sticky)
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Apollo at Dec 29, 2012 4:26:58 AM]
[Dec 29, 2012 3:50:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Superlamb

Re: December Doodle #9 [Deadline end Friday 4th January 2013] Reply to this Post

As a reminder, please read the general rules before posting.

Go Doodle!

That is the 2010 December doodles page XD
Theflu of Malachite SO of Heaven and Earth

I collect trinkets! Currently working on Handkerchiefs: 79 unique color combinations.
[Dec 29, 2012 2:44:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

That is the 2010 December doodles page XD

They're the same. ;) One of the points is worded slightly differently, but they both get the same points across.

--

Cattrin on Cerulean

Theme: "My Familiar and I"- A collection of seasonally-themed portraits of pirates and their best friends.

[January]
- Snow angels.

[February]
- Octopi love.

[March]
- Lucky Legs finds a clover.

[April]
- No one likes wet feathers.

[May]
- But everyone likes the flowers afterwards.

[June]
- LP Spawning? No, swimming!

[July]
- Fourth of July, but summer is fireworks season in any event.

[August]
- Summer sunsets are best spent with friends.

[September]
- Know your grammar.

[October]
- Who said the candy would be free?

[November]
- Dragons? What's next, Turkeys?!(...Why, yes, actually.)

[December]
- That extra set of opposable thumbs comes in handy during the holidays.
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cattrin at Jan 4, 2013 5:32:01 PM]
[Dec 29, 2012 2:55:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
maiooch

Rhodanite-Cerulean Happy New Yarr!!!

Actual Size

I'm pretty sure my seasons run with the game's but since Y!PP is on the West Coast I'll mention I have in mind North East USA when I created this if there is some differences.

As Doodle Rules stated we could "borrow" game art so I borrowed from here there and everywhere on Y!PP for this doodle.
Rhodanite of Cerulean formerly of Midnight
Queen of Bedlam
[Dec 29, 2012 9:13:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

Bunnylaroo, Emerald

Gasp! It's the first! Don't want to miss a single day of my calendar!

Time constraints made me decide to do a "year at a glance" rather than a "month by month" calendar:

Full size linkie

I referenced a lot of in-game art (obviously) and (poorly) drew it myself, and I know that the rules said that was ok, but since some of the trinkets I referenced were player made, I thought I'd give due credit :D
So I referenced Dexla's Cherry blossom, Katebarloww's Scallop shell, Cattrin's Miniature pumpkin, and Piriri's Maple leaf.
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

[Jan 1, 2013 9:38:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

imp, Meridian.

I was about half way through an entirely different plan, but then I got distracted by a number of spontaneous photo opportunities. So these pictures were all taken somewhat locally to my favourite place, the Kiewa Valley, over the last few days. The lake is Eildon near Mansfied, the river is Mitta Mitta, and I didn't have to stage any of them. Not even the lost cows and the fallen tree on the way home from the river yesterday. >.>

Notes: This is an Aussie version, where we tread the earth upside down, night is day and the Sun is hotter (hurr hurr). We don't drink the XXXX, we send it away to foreign parts for you silly buggers to misunderstand. I nicked bits of ingame art for the calendar embellishments from YPPEDIA, and the gorgeous wolf from Phamy's Howling Wolf portrait background marks each full moon.

Cover:

Composite:

Links
January and February
March and April
May and June
July and August
September and October
November and December
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Snowpixie at Jan 1, 2013 7:19:54 PM]
[Jan 1, 2013 7:01:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arghhpirate

Arghhpirate, Meridian

Not using 'in-game seasons'.

Bigger
I got lazyyyy D:
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Arghhpirate at Jan 3, 2013 3:54:40 AM]
[Jan 3, 2013 3:50:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Dexla ~ Cerulean

I have to wonder if Bunny and I have seen the same bad movies or if it was just a coincidence, but I had "Girl for All Seasons" in my head the entire time I was working on this.
It's intended to be a scroll-style wall calendarrr... yarrr!

LARGER, BUT STILL SCREEN MANAGEABLE
But if I had MY preferences, the image would be HUGE unless Photobucket did something odd to it.
And if anyone really wants to print it, I've made a cropped version that consists of 3 overlapping parts that, IF I did it correctly, should fit on regular sized printer paper - print, trim, align and tape together: LEFT, CENTER, RIGHT,
Dexla d'Midnight
[Jan 4, 2013 9:52:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vellanora

Velternal, Meridian
Attempted a pop-up calendar xD

The image above doesn't really do it justice -.- but we have! Individual Months:
January, February March, April May, June July, August September, October November, December
And also so you can see them all together:
Overall #1, Overall #2

And giving credit to Clovered for the idea. :)

Apollo edit: July-August image
Velternal, new to Obsidian!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Apollo at Jan 5, 2013 5:53:24 AM]
[Jan 4, 2013 3:51:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Pixelpixie of Cerulean:

January February larger view "celebrating the new years western and eastern style"
March April larger view "Easter happen to fall on April fools ~ so i made sure to include some Instructions to grow your own Easter bunny"
May June Larger view "living in the frigid north we don't get Spring till mid may...if we're lucky"
July August larger view
September October Large view ""careful on the 2013 Vintage wine ~ you may start seeing skeletal monkeys and ghosties scaring the local zombies!"
November December Larger view

Unfortunately The picture quality is sub-par :(, and I didn't have glue to get the months glued down smoothly. If anyone wanted to download the images I will upload/scan better quality images once I return home from my vacation in Mid January. :D
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Booful at Jan 4, 2013 5:37:38 PM]
[Jan 4, 2013 4:56:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

Faeree of Emerald

I decided to make this calendar specifically for Apollo showcasing Apollo and one of the folks whom he has a .. um.. crush? on :) I decided to do this calendar utilizing construction paper cut-outs!

Links to the large images
Large full image
Cover
Winter
Spring
Summer
Fall
In-progress shot just in case its needed :)
Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by lilymoon at Jan 4, 2013 6:55:22 PM]
[Jan 4, 2013 5:35:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
tilinka

Tilinka, Emerald:
I decided to embrace the pin-up* possibilities of my Puppets, and made this:

(*okay, so only a little.)

All the months in one lovely blog post. Click the images to see the full size versions.
There is also a link to the printable version (my printer decided to run out of red ink while printing the first page.)
Tilinka, Emerald
Perilous Puppet
Artsy Stuff
[Jan 4, 2013 6:49:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com    Tilinka    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Greylady of Meridian

Wow, I can't believe the quality of the entries! So nice!!

Here is my calendar - 2012 Half-baked Pirates. The main subject in each season was made with clay, then photographed, then Photoshopped onto a background. Winter and Summer were just-drawn backgrounds and Spring and Fall backgrounds were taken from game art (my own LE backgrounds).

Links to Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall.
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
[Jan 4, 2013 6:55:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

Flutie of Cerulean

Based on RL calendar dates.

Wish I wasnt as tired, and more inspired. Work has been non stop every day since the 17th. Yes, I even had to work Xmas and New Years and I'm ready for a day off, but not for another week :(

Large*

*Not quite the full original size due to limits of photobucket. Actual image size is 2880x3354. Good poster size in my opinion. Can email image file upon request.
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Jan 4, 2013 10:09:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Herowena of Cerulean
Where the Rum Has Gone 2013

Full size
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Jan 4, 2013 11:58:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bisquick

Bisquick - Cerulean

*sigh* I bit off more than I could chew. I was going to draw backgrounds, but the set up took me way too long (and isn't even complete yet). By the way, an emergency switch back to Gimp from Photoshop isn't fun.

One of my addictions in Y!PP is my trophy page, which reflects a real life addiction of mine. I was hoping to morph it into a calendar. Not going to make it. Sooo.... here's what I have.

Individual

Bah, and I didn't even make the deadline with that :P
Bisquick - Midnight (turned Cerulean), and all other oceans
Captain of Ransack Marauders
[Jan 5, 2013 12:08:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    http://bisqy.livejournal.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
ocelotspot

Sallymae, Meridian
very late...

bigger
Sallymae of Meridian
[Jan 5, 2013 1:16:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Re: December Doodle #9 [IN JUDGING] Reply to this Post

Beautiful works!

In judging now, but if anyone's out there with a partial or unfinished entry, go ahead and post - it's good to share!!
[Jan 5, 2013 1:24:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Beautiful works!

In judging now, but if anyone's out there with a partial or unfinished entry, go ahead and post - it's good to share!!

Okies.

Where's Wallypollo.
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Jan 5, 2013 2:29:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

*requests 2 weeks for the next doodle that is this inspiring and fun!* Amazing entries everyone!!! <3
[Jan 5, 2013 9:55:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

/me wonders if Apollo forgot to mark *judge the 9th doodle* on his calender...or perhaps he has too many calenders now and he forgot which one he marked things on o.O
[Jan 31, 2013 8:32:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Ahoy! Apollo hasn't forgotten you, but has been laid low with flu for a good deal of January. He sent me a message in a bottle asking me to send on his apologies and that he hasn't forgotten you! I'm hopeful he will be his fit and sunshiny self again soon and able to complete this task!
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Feb 2, 2013 4:19:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Ahoy! Apollo hasn't forgotten you, but has been laid low with flu for a good deal of January.

:( Poor Apollo. I didn't know the sun could get ill. Better sanitize that bottle!
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

[Feb 2, 2013 4:45:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Oh dear! Poor Apollo, please feel better soon.
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Feb 2, 2013 7:38:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Awwww poor Apollo, better send some warm loving sunshine his way! (or perhaps some -40 degrees Celsius to kill the germs? I know where he can find some) Get better soon ^_^
[Feb 2, 2013 9:55:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

/me hobbles down to the beach to shout across the pond... Get well soon!
I'd toss a hot toddy over to you, but it might be not-so-hot by the time it gets there. You really must stop this tradition of hosting germs for the holidays. (No, I have not forgotten.)
Dexla d'Midnight
[Feb 2, 2013 10:12:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

Feel better Apollo!
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

[Feb 2, 2013 11:34:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OtherJenny

Ahoy! Apollo hasn't forgotten you, but has been laid low with flu for a good deal of January.

:( Poor Apollo. I didn't know the sun could get ill. Better sanitize that bottle!

Matey If a God is ill .... What can you sanitize?!
UK based so on GMT Time, but Happy to log on @ Silly O Clock for Trades.
Happy to FREE chart Polite Pirates
[Feb 2, 2013 1:29:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

From the doodlers* to you:

[open it!]
*those who entered this specific doodle!**

**I know I'm missing three two one of you, I'll edit you in if you reply to my PM (in the other case, that I completely missed you and you didn't receive a PM, my apologies and would you please PM me instead). c:

Cattrin of Cerulean

[Edit 5 times, last edit by cattrin at Feb 11, 2013 12:36:05 PM]
[Feb 5, 2013 3:19:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 55   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates