• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 24
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3236 times and has 23 replies Next Thread
Apollo
OceanMaster

December Doodle #8 [WINNERS POSTED] Reply to this Post

25 December - doodlio ergo sum

Contest opens now! Contest will finish at midnight at the end of Friday night.

The doodle today is to create an object from holiday packaging and wrapping paper. The object you make must be either:
* a model of something Roman (the ancient variety); or
* a dinosaur (because, y'know, doodles)

If you don't have Christmas packaging around, please substitute with any equivalent materials. In case you're with family over the next few days - instead of trying to fit the doodling around the family commitments, encourage them to join in - you'd be amazed at how many family members will embrace the doodling lifestyle once exposed to it! <3

You will need to take
-- a starting photograph of your materials
-- an in-progress shot
-- a final shot of your creation
-- a shot of your finished creation plus a card saying your pirate name and ocean

When you've chosen your final shot, resize or crop it so that it's no larger than 600 x 600 pixels, then save it as a .jpg or .png. You'll then need to upload it to a hosting site - either web space of your own, or one of the many file hosting services available, such as flickr.com, photobucket.com, imageshack.com. You then have a url for your image. Do the same for any other images you have taken, but those can be larger images, as you won't be including the image itself in your entry post. Make sure your image links do not require viewers to register or download anything. Use the "Preview" button before posting your entry, to make sure the image is showing correctly. Remember to press "Reply to this post" instead of "Post new thread"!

In your event post, you should include:
-- pirate name and ocean
-- a title or description of your model
-- your best 'finished shot' posted as an image into the thread using image tags, as shown here
-- your materials and ID shots, plus any additional pictures you want to include, posted as URLs rather than images.

As a reminder, please read the general rules before posting.
Include your pirate name and ocean at the top of your post, then the finished shot of your creation, then the urls to additional images hosted elsewhere.

Go Doodle!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Apollo at Dec 31, 2012 8:46:05 AM]
[Dec 24, 2012 5:35:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Plunderville

Re: December Doodle #8 [Deadline end Friday 28th December 2012] Reply to this Post

You will need to take
-- a starting photograph of your edible materials
-- an in-progress shot

...of your edible materials? Apollo dear, what exactly DO you use for giftwrap?
[Dec 24, 2012 8:00:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Re: December Doodle #8 [Deadline end Friday 28th December 2012] Reply to this Post

You will need to take
-- an in-progress shot

i was just thinking the same XD either i was starting to fail my reading comprehension or there was a booch lol.
But i didnt know we could eat gift wraps lol. It shall be my new diet!
Yumisa World Wide ;)
Your Favourite Cookie Monster <3op
Can't find me? Im on Deviant Art!
[Dec 24, 2012 8:18:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

You will need to take
-- an in-progress shot

i was just thinking the same XD either i was starting to fail my reading comprehension or there was a booch lol.
But i didnt know we could eat gift wraps lol. It shall be my new diet!

I have colored edible paper! But it's at home, and I'm not :(

I think he just borrowed his list from the food doodle :)
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Dec 24, 2012 8:25:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

It's fixed - I had to choose between a late-night post or an early-morning post. I risked the late-night post - BOOCH! Now get on with your doodling. And Happy Christmas!
[Dec 25, 2012 12:24:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
ocelotspot

Sallymae, Meridian

I reused gift wrap, tissue paper and a piece of ribbon after opening presents today to make a dinosaur. I don't have my camera with me, so all the pics were taken with family members' iphones.

materials
progress
with name
Sallymae of Meridian
[Dec 25, 2012 11:54:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
maiooch

Rhodanite of Cerulean

Materials
Progress 1
Progress 2
Final with ID Card

Rhodanite of Cerulean formerly of Midnight
Queen of Bedlam
[Dec 26, 2012 4:35:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Cattrin on Cerulean

I apologize in advance for the mess in the background, I was doing this quickly in a rec room due to the snowstorm!

[angle 1] [angle 2] [without flash]

My 3-foot wrapping paper Stegosaurus. :) Made from two different shades of green, one shade of gold and an adorable owl print I had to use somewhere (for stuffing).

[materials]
[progress][bones] [nearly done] [closeup on middle]
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Dec 26, 2012 7:23:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

Bunnylaroo, Emerald

Yet another Stegosaurus!

Lame lighting is due to pictures being from cell phone :(

Materials
Progress 1: Stuffed tissue paper innards
Progress 2: Bony plates for back
Name Card

No wrapping paper was eaten in the making of this doodle...
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

[Dec 26, 2012 8:58:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Herowena of Cerulean

A chariot (Roman) pulled by a dinosaur (because, y'know, doodles).

Materials
Progress
Another angle
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Dec 27, 2012 2:44:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boschetti

¡Yay!
Tritón - Jade
1 piece of paper + Doodles + Origami (that means no glue, scotch tape, scissors, etc) + Dinosaurs :

Materials
In-progress (1) (2)
Final picture:

(bigger version)
Another angle
ID Card

(and well.... a photo of one of my newts HERE ^_^)
Tritón - Jade
[Edit 1 times, last edit by boschetti at Dec 27, 2012 3:36:32 PM]
[Dec 27, 2012 3:34:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

Musicologist of Emerald

My plans for a paper roman aqueducts were bashed when I discovered water and paper don't mix :/

Nonetheless- some love for roman stuff (of the ancient variety)

A Miniature (for stealth) Roman Temple, complete with assorted bits of debris, sagging roof, eroded friezes..., half characteristically low and ornamental roman wall, felled column bits and strategically placed boulder. Post-it-Notes, and my phone camera make for a VERY stealthy doodle.

Final with card
Building! It's HAMMER TIME!
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l551/mjc4ypp/SANY0270.jpg[/IMG]]Stealthy Start
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian

Message from Team Evil: Fine, we'll pass the petition along to Hera for you even though you're pro-Team Purple, but we refuse to be happy about it! #TeamEvilisAWESOME
[Dec 27, 2012 4:32:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Santer's little elves imps, Meridian, present Redivivus Capsulasaurus.

Materials.
In Progress He did stand up... to start with. I think he ate too much.
With helper-imps.
With visible name.
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Dec 27, 2012 4:55:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arghhpirate

Arghhpirate, Meridian

Rawr!

Materials
Progress: 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
And smile!
[Dec 27, 2012 8:17:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tilinka

How in the world does you wrapping paper make it through Christmas not a torn, wrinkled mess?

Apollo (that counts as Roman, right?) riding a pterodactyl. Edit: Apparently nekkid.

Materials
Progress
With Card

Tilinka, Emerald. (I know the sign says Sage, I was lazy and reused an old one.)
Tilinka, Emerald
Perilous Puppet
Artsy Stuff
[Edit 1 times, last edit by tilinka at Dec 28, 2012 10:49:29 AM]
[Dec 28, 2012 10:48:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com    Tilinka    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Greylady of Meridian

Here's my tribute to Rome - "Roman Lady in Blue Toga". :)

Materials, progress shot 1, progress shot 2.
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
[Dec 28, 2012 5:58:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

Faeree of Emerald

Here's my tissue paper ancient Roman Laurel Wreath!

Materials
Progress 1
Progress 2
Final w/name tag
Final on model
Final on model
Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Dec 28, 2012 6:09:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Pixelpixie of cerulean,

My theme is Helios and his chariot of fiery horses as they ride across the sky. Helios was the Greek sun god, later called "Sol" in roman mythology and as time passed he became increasingly identified with Apollo.
For a slightly more detailed history on him you can go here

and another view :)

For my materials i used wrapping paper, golden stringy stuff and ribbon with a wirey part....and A LOT of tape.

I used Origami to create the base of the horses, and then went and destroyed the very nature of origimi and taped golden Fiery manes to them. I made the chariot out of a Christmas card and a small chocolate box conveniently shaped like a ornament chariot. ( I made sure to include a trail of fire out the back of the chariot) Apollo Helios has fiery hair like his horses and features the ribbon fine linen toga style clothing of the era.

(hope this posts, as the forums seem to be dying on me and not loading >.<)
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Booful at Dec 28, 2012 7:21:49 PM]
[Dec 28, 2012 6:48:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vellanora

Velternal, Meridian
Polka Dotted Plaid T-rex. <3

I tried to replicate the design of one of those 3d wooden puzzles I made as a child... he's a little thin but I like to (wishfully) think of him as a herbivore. :)
My materials, my mess, and my dino.
Velternal, Meridian.
I draw Avatars!.
[Dec 28, 2012 7:36:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Dexla ~ Cerulean

"Doodle Dino NOW" sez da cat.
Resistance was futile.

Starting materials
"Progress"
Proof of ownership... as if anyone would want to claim this masterpiece as their own!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Dexla at Dec 28, 2012 9:11:15 PM]
[Dec 28, 2012 9:05:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bisquick

Bisquick - Cerulean

Dear sweet Littlefoot,
Do you remember the way to the Great Valley?

Starting/materials picture
In Progress Shot
Finished shot (card included)
Bisquick - Midnight (turned Cerulean), and all other oceans
Captain of Ransack Marauders
[Dec 28, 2012 9:51:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    http://bisqy.livejournal.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Re: December Doodle #8 [WINNERS POSTED] Reply to this Post

Ah, I love wrapping paper crafting! Excellent work, Doodlers!

The winners for this doodle are Pixelpixie of Cerulean and Velternal of Meridian. They each win a blue lily trinket.

The runners-up are Herowena and Musicologist (so tiny and wee!).
Honorable mentions go to Cattrin, Arghhpirate and Bisquick.

A lovely selection of Roman and dinosaurs, and a great mix of cutting, folding, sticking and mess among the entries!!

Shiny Sun Points

10 Shiny Sun Points go to Pixelpixie and Velternal
5 Shiny Sun Points each go to Herowena and Musicologist
1 Shiny Sun Point each goes to Cattrin, Arghhpirate and Bisquick
[Dec 31, 2012 8:44:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Yay! thankyou ^_^ And grats to the other winners as well!
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Dec 31, 2012 9:21:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Gratz all! Look great xD
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Dec 31, 2012 10:06:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates