• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2423 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
bakamedic

i need: Reply to this Post

links to informational sites/posts on Y!PP. faq doesnt cut it, and i usually dont like to wait for people to respond to my posts.
[Apr 28, 2003 8:10:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Re: i need: Reply to this Post

if you don't like to wait for people to respond to posts like this, why not look for the informational posts yourself?
[Apr 28, 2003 10:31:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
bakamedic

i meant Reply to this Post

hard data. facts. numbers. no matter how much this game 'does away' with numbers, almost everything is based on algorithms. i want to know how many 'supers/bonuses' i need to get versus moves i have done in the bilging puzzle before i can abandon a duty and move on to another one. etcetera etcetera.
and no i do not have time to headhunt these specific topics, nor do i wish to spam requests for old posts. if there is no such site, just say it. ill resign myself to slogging through the post archive.
[Apr 28, 2003 11:36:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ramirez

No such site.
----------------------------------------
It's seven leagues to Turtle Island. We've got a full cask of rum, half a keg of gunpowder, it's dark, and we're wearing eyepatches. Hit it.
[Apr 29, 2003 12:27:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

And no algorithms have been posted, though we did get one on how swordfighting rank is calculated, I think.
[Apr 29, 2003 1:27:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Harlock

Yarr! Reply to this Post

I wanna skewer him good! Arrrr, he be a waste o skin, tha'on yer surely!
[Apr 29, 2003 1:54:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

Nope like the other guys said there are few numbers available. Which is part of the charm of the game, you have to get a feel for which is the best approach.
Like Hom said the swordfighting algorithm is available since it's the chess rating. And you can find a few numbers here and there, but nothing that will change your game.

Im guessing at launch it will all become opensource? Im afraid the second that happens we will have a power pirate site with all the optimal ways to work puzzles that will take a great deal of the charm out of the game.
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[Apr 29, 2003 2:00:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Harlock

open source? Reply to this Post

no way man, i like it being closed source. and sword fighting is JUST like street fighter 2 turbo paz (otherwise known as puzzle fighter in the us) and has become the game of choice for me. soon as my skills get back.... oooo boy. just wish drops were more understandable. right now they are very much randomish and it is difficult to look for certain patterns/weaknesses in opponents....
}:>
[Apr 29, 2003 6:03:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Numbers Reply to this Post

Right you are that no numbers have been disclosed. We are not planning to open source Puzzle Pirates per se, but rather the toolkit used in creating it. All the gameplay mechanics will remain closed source. That's not to say that diligent folks won't dig out numbers, but we won't be encouraging them.

Re: strike patterns, look for swords in the next release. Wheee!
[Apr 29, 2003 6:53:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

Arr I want a sword with those charcoal color pieces mate! Reserve one of them for me!
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[Apr 29, 2003 8:51:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

By the way, Harlock and others, sword patterns are currently not consistent over time (one pattern for one player) but are consistent during one puzzle. The patterns currently used in the fights come from a very small set of patterns (that Silverbeard has gone to lengths to post and discuss on his site) that can be recognized after a few drops have been dealt.

-Nemo
[Apr 29, 2003 10:28:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Harlock

nod Reply to this Post

i noticed that there were certain patterns, but they tend to be kind of tough to really hammer on. but im up to narrow already with only 12ish matches played, and am lookin for bigger fish to fry. A master is pretty tough ai to beat, but I have a sneaky suspicion that the ai has more info on drops than i do.... :P
yar!
[Apr 29, 2003 8:04:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates