• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 38
Posts: 38   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6667 times and has 37 replies Next Thread
Apollo
OceanMaster

December Doodle #5 [WINNERS ANNOUNCED] Reply to this Post

15 December - Stained Class!

Contest opens now! Contest will finish at midnight at the end of Monday night.

There are two parts to this Doodle:
1. You must create a "stained-glass" style picture
2. You must then crop / resize / frame the picture to make a forum avatar.

More information about the picture
-- The theme of your picture should be another player / forum user, someone who has done something positive for you this year - this could be a gift, a kind word, some help, friendly company, fun times... something good.
-- The picture does not have to be a direct illustration of the positive experience, but should allude to the positive aspect and the other player in some way
-- Other than that, the theme of the picture is your choice
-- You may create a picture in real life (as long as you can get a digital image of it at the end) or you can create it on computer
-- The picture should appear as a stained-glass image - typically, this will involve having smaller areas of 'colored glass' separated by the black lines of leading.
-- You will need to create a final image that is no larger than 600 x 600 pixels, then save it as a .jpg or .png.
-- You'll then need to upload it to a hosting site - either web space of your own, or one of the many file hosting services available, such as flickr.com, photobucket.com, imageshack.com. You then have a url for your image.
-- Make sure your image links do not require viewers to register or download anything. Use the "Preview" button before posting your entry, to make sure the image is showing correctly. Remember to press "Reply to this post" instead of "Post new thread"!
-- You will include your final image as an image in the your entry post using image tags, as shown here

More information about the avatar
-- You then need to alter your larger picture, by cropping, resizing, framing, as required, to create a forum avatar for the pirate you made the picture about
-- The avatar image has a maximum image size of 150 x 150 pixels, and a maximum file size of 60kB.
-- You must add the player's name to the avatar - this does not need to be in stained-glass style!
-- Follow the same instructions as above, to post the avatar image into your entry post under the larger picture.

Entry post
Your entry post should include:
-- your pirate name and ocean at the top
-- the name of the pirate who is the theme of your pictures
-- a brief description of the positive experience you had from/with this player (note that this is to help us enjoy the pictures - the awesomeness of the positivity won't be part of the judging rubric!)
-- your full picture (up to 600 x 600 pixels) as an image in the post
-- your avatar picture (up to 150 x 150 pixels, including player name) as an image in the post

As a reminder, please read the general rules before posting.

Go Doodle!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Apollo at Dec 22, 2012 2:35:12 PM]
[Dec 15, 2012 12:05:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Tasjatjuh

Re: December Doodle #5 [Deadline end Monday 17th December 2012] Reply to this Post

Beware for some cheesyness..

His hand fits perfecty in mine.

My favorite pirate became my favorite man. This past year hasn't been easy for both of us but whenever I needed someone to talk to, to cry, to cuddle or to just vent, he was there.. I never thought the best game I ever played would also be the best dating site as well ;) Thank you YPP for making us find eachother :)

So for me this year my favorite man Pirate is Addicttom <3

The materials I used for the stained glass image were acrylic and paint and some tools : [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/017qm.jpg/][IMG]http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7420/017qm.jpg[/IMG]

Normal picture:

On glass ( just looks better): [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/021qzy.jpg/][IMG]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4791/021qzy.jpg[/IMG]

And because the materials got quite hard, I will use it as a christmastree ornament to add a bit more cheesyness to it xD
Tasjatjuh on Cerulean

Someone once asked me, 'Why do you always insist on taking the hard road?' I replied, 'Why do you assume I see two roads?'

Avi by amazing Cattrin :)
[Dec 15, 2012 6:43:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Re: December Doodle #5 [Deadline end Monday 17th December 2012] Reply to this Post

It was floating in that outside photo :o You know magic bro??? (I would have said sis, but it didn't sound as cool.
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Twittly at Dec 15, 2012 6:51:13 AM]
[Dec 15, 2012 6:50:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Cattrin on Cerulean

Cptnronen

I've probably made about EIGHT MEEEEELLION several dozen avatars for you already, but here's another one.

Over the (almost) two years I've run my avi shop Ronen's been a rather loyal customer, which I'm thankful for; he always has me drawing things that are more adventurous and quirky, which what I was aiming for when I started the business. So here's to you and your continuously imaginative orders!
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Dec 15, 2012 6:58:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tasjatjuh

Haha, no. I made it on see through giftwrapping paper and sticked it on the window with scotch tape..

Yes, magic!
Tasjatjuh on Cerulean

Someone once asked me, 'Why do you always insist on taking the hard road?' I replied, 'Why do you assume I see two roads?'

Avi by amazing Cattrin :)
[Dec 15, 2012 6:59:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Haha, no. I made it on see through giftwrapping paper and sticked it on the window with scotch tape..

Yes, magic!

COOLio.... Can I have an autographed skeleton head??? ;)
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Dec 15, 2012 7:37:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Ahoy! Please could we keep this thread for entries? It's fine to chat in the main sticky thread, though! Many thanks. :)
[Dec 15, 2012 7:57:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

Bunnylaroo, Emerald

In thinking of what to do for this doodle, I thought back to all of the forum events that I've enjoyed participating in this year and the hard work that must go into putting these events on. Several names came to mind (Imp, Herowena, Dexla, and Angelira) that all ran awesome events that I enjoyed in the past year.

Unfortunately, I had to narrow the field, because I can only draw so many poorly-rendered stained-glass images in one sitting.

I chose to go with Dexla/Herowena, not only because I really had a blast with the Return to Camp Scurvy event, but also because I picture them in my mind's eye as a two-headed event-running monster named "Dexlowena", and it seemed like that would be fun to draw...

Full:

Thanks for the fun events!
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

[Dec 15, 2012 6:30:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
deathtolll

Deathmessage, Emerald Ocean.

This year my goal has been to enter and participate in portrait background competitions; as many times as possible. This year I have won numerous backgrounds and has been the highlight for me this year.

My stain glass window is of the dread masterpiece trophy.

600x600 px

avvie size

Dricenticore says, "Normally I don't believe people who say they're girls on the internet but since you went from friendly to hostile in about 3 seconds"

Deathmessage on the Emerald Ocean.
[Dec 15, 2012 7:49:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Yumisa ~ Meridian

My entry is specially for someone who i owe a lot ^^ He is someone who throughout all the year has made me laugh even when i was in my gloomiest moods (leading to me being all happy go lucky again!). We have shared awesome times on vent, during cades, during pillies (pretty much everywhere), and having personal rigging competitions to see who was best during CI's. He is my bestest friend of all times ^^! And i'm pretty sure i would never change him for anything on this world x) -Yup, not even for a trillion dollars... maybe for a trillion and one (im joking XD)-
He may not be the best singer (maybe a bit deaf tone at times) but he is awesome the way he is, and has a great music taste! And also shares my love for taking portraits x)
So all in all, i chose to go for a Rajoejoe a.k.a Joejoers a.k.a Joejoe a.k.a Fake ol bitties (personal joke!), 'cause he deserves all my gratitude ^^!

No, i did not just thought of shooting myself after spending 7 or 8 hours coloring just squares XD.
Wanna see the stages of my breaks from 1pm to 1am? xD
Stage 1! ~ Stage 2! ~ Stage 3! ~ Stage 4!
Yumisa World Wide ;)
Your Favourite Cookie Monster <3op
Can't find me? Im on Deviant Art!
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Hikariks at Dec 15, 2012 8:14:48 PM]
[Dec 15, 2012 8:07:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
maiooch

Rhodanite of Cerulean

For Flutie, she's a wonderful heartie, we have a lot of fun in game and out through skype conversations with a lot of laughter. She always has an ear available when I must vent out my frustrations within the pixelated world of YPP as wells as RL :p.

Rhodanite of Cerulean formerly of Midnight
Queen of Bedlam
[Dec 15, 2012 8:20:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

imp, Meridian
Victim: Adrielle

This could have been a tricky choice. This year, there have been pirates brave enough to give me their address so I can post a doll. There have been pirates making event art for me, and various things in between.... but I always come back to Adrielle.

While she may not be playing with us here any more, Superhero Adrielle has been an inspiration. Always helpful, enthusiastic and polite, she has been a shining example that has helped me in untold ways. Although I still talk to her regularly, her loss to PP and the forums is sorely felt.
Portrait reference.

Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Dec 15, 2012 11:37:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phamy

Phamy from Meridian
For: Wasabia

Why:
She saved me from the sinking ship that was my dying crew. She made me rediscover the game and have more fun playing it. She is always there when I need her and she teaches me lots and lots and lots. She told me to enter the Background contest and so many other amazing stuff... Wasa.. this one is for you!

Bigger image

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Phamy at Dec 17, 2012 9:37:23 AM]
[Dec 16, 2012 5:30:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ruined_ashes

Shlee,Emerald

To:Narci

She has helped me more times than I can remember, she runs pillages or cit runs when I'm bored, and always lets me gun even if my standings are low. :B

*Goes off to see what she can get with GEEK POINTS* :D
I sometimes do avatars!
I do believe in fairies!!!
Book on Obsidian
Bookly on Emerald
[Dec 16, 2012 8:46:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Herowena of Cerulean

This is for Tinybee, the first (dun dun DUN) former Cobaltian I jobbed after the tectonic plates collided in the merge. I don't remember the details of the trip, or even why I was doing the hiring (ME, nav? Unlikely), but I remember Tinybee being a great sport under some kind of adverse conditions. Since then, she continues to be a good monster fray spamming hearty.

Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Dec 16, 2012 3:30:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

Faeree of Emerald

It was a tough decision but I had to pick Everclearboy. He, no doubt, is unaware of why I would pick him, but its due to him that I now have a love and desire to BK hunt. He has even made me want to BK hunt over CI'ing and anyone who knows me know that when I am online I am CI'ing.. well, not anymore!!

He is a superb B-Navver and his BK hunt pillages are always fun and fast and I get loads of trinkets so that one day I can get those BK eggs!

Thanks Everclearboy for making me give up my CI's for BK hunts! I now have 2 things that I'm obsessed with now when I log on! (OK three if you count outfit shopping!)

Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Edit 2 times, last edit by lilymoon at Dec 16, 2012 5:49:56 PM]
[Dec 16, 2012 3:34:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Greylady of Meridian

Back in the day, when you, Apollo, ran the forums, specifically the Mariner's Muse, I just couldn't imagine it without you. But then you were Shanghaied, and Clotho took over. Well, you left some mighty big shoes to fill - but fill them she has! She has kept this particular forum running smoothly, and added her own special feel. I really appreciate everything that she does to make our forum experience enjoyable. She is always there to offer a kind word of encouragement when needed and a heartfelt congratulations when our entries are selected.

So, in honor of Clotho and the magnificent job she does running the Mariner's Muse forum and keeping the threads from getting tangled, thank you! I really hope you enjoy your avatar!

Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
[Edit 1 times, last edit by CapnKkatz at Dec 16, 2012 6:52:59 PM]
[Dec 16, 2012 5:38:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Dexla ~ Cerulean
I have to finally confess that this year has been a bit of a challenge for my pirate, but Herowena has always been there to keep me motivated - both personally and ... piratically? Always volunteering to help, I can't think of one more giving in the YPP community, than her.
I know I did not do her justice in trying to give her the "saintly" look that I had in my mind, but I'm depicting her with her official "poking" stick that she used on me more than once - to get me to go to CI, to send in an event proposal, to draw/write/make something for a contest, when I just wasn't in the mood. In her other hand, is her heart of gold. Using her own funds (which she puzzles to earn poe for) I've witnessed her donate prizes for other events, randomly gift poor young pirates, run some incredible tournaments, and goodness knows, she's had my back whenever YPP flashes a new trinket that I HAVE TO HAVE... she's out there hunting for me when I can't be. I've got her with one of her bazillion snakes because I'm terribly jealous that she can simply THINK about going to CI and she'll come out with a new pet... and when I call her names for it - she can handle it ;)

OK I need to stop babbling, because I could probably go on for a few more hours.

Bottom line: Thank you Hero! <3

Because the rules specifically say "add the player's name" - avatar size + FULL name

Dexla d'Midnight
[Dec 17, 2012 9:09:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Pixelpixie of Cerulean:

How does one choose who to say thankyou to when there was so many people who have made this year such a wonderful year? Among them Raasta, Clotho, Marmy, Steelthunder, ... the list goes on, but I want to make a special Thankyou to Sandrose. She has been a true heartie to me this year, from helping me win my first background contest by giving me honest feedback to being there to feed my portrait addiction in game. She has always been a smiling face that I looked forward to seeing online when i logged on in the morning. Thankyou Rose <3

PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Booful at Dec 17, 2012 9:47:38 AM]
[Dec 17, 2012 9:28:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Locu of Cerulean

At first, I wanted to thank Clotho for all the help she provides with events, but then I thought, that I probably wouldn't run those events, if there wasn't Stevensam who really inspired me and this year I really loved his quizzes (in fact so much that I ran some myself for the Opal players) and so I wanted to thank him with the best Avatar I ever made! (the only one to be honest and not really good looking)

Full size

Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Dec 17, 2012 10:18:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

To Cattrin (The great, of Russia- hurr hurr): for unbelievable generousity in the form of tips, help, encouragement, ban puns, and of course free 150x150 blocks of goodness (no mustache this time!)- done rather hastily thanks to procrastination! May your red planning lines and time lapse videos continue to wow forum-frequenters

Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian

Message from Team Evil: Fine, we'll pass the petition along to Hera for you even though you're pro-Team Purple, but we refuse to be happy about it! #TeamEvilisAWESOME
[Dec 17, 2012 2:02:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Distructible

Masters - Emerald Ocean

I made this avatar for Lovewreck, because she is one of the greatest person I ever met. She is always there and she always helps me when I need some help or I'm in trouble. I feel so lucky I met her and especially that we are very good friends. Now I know there is someone in this game I can trust for real and maybe that is why sometimes I ask her something when I have a problem in real. She is always up to give a hand for anyone if someone needs it. For about 4 years we have been spending many time together and we had a lot of fun. Lovewreck is just lovely :D and I'm not the only person that thinks this, almost everyone loves her because of her special personality and that makes it impossible to dislike her.

Masters on Emerald.
[Dec 17, 2012 6:19:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Budclare, Meridian

Imp made me a dolly! So I was going to make some kind of dolly picture...but then I remembered the pumpkin cake! And the OM fetish all the other dollies that I loved. And the awesome ship renames that make me laugh. And the funny portraits.

Clearly Imp is a superhero.

(I used a black patina for the stickfigure and left the rest silver. :P)

Feel free to NOT use the avatar, Imp. No, really. What happens in Doodle stays in Doodle, right?
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Dec 17, 2012 6:55:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeeDeeIam

I haven't played YPP in quite a bit. But Argy's always there to listen and be a friend.

I didn't have a lot of time to make it truly stained glass, but I try to participate in the Doodles!
DeeDeeIam, Siren's Song-Sage
Illium Eternae ;)
[Dec 17, 2012 6:55:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Look how pretty! This will be my New Year's forum decoration :)
Thank you!
[Dec 17, 2012 6:58:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jippeh14

Jippy, Meridian

This avatar is for Shiftyeyess - who has kept me amused with randomness and down right awesomeness for many a year now.

Jippy of Meridian
[Dec 17, 2012 7:35:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arghhpirate

Arghhpirate, Meridian

For my sexy, bearded gurlfrendddd, Catalina. Thanks for being quirky and fun, and keeping me from boredom :D

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Arghhpirate at Dec 17, 2012 9:13:15 PM]
[Dec 17, 2012 9:12:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ocelotspot

Sallymae, Meridian

I made an avatar for anyone who has rendered eggs for the design eggs for the game event. It amazes me how every year there are different people who step up and spend a lot of time helping other pirates make their entries better. They're always super patient, especially when I just want to make one more change, and one more, and just one more...

Sallymae of Meridian
[Dec 17, 2012 9:33:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tilinka

I did this up for one of my oldest Y!PP friends, Vibrissae. When I puttered back to active game playing this fall, she was still here and smiling. Long story short, when she snagged her first familiar earlier this month, we were all basking in her joy.

Tilinka, Emerald
Perilous Puppet
Artsy Stuff
[Dec 17, 2012 10:31:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com    Tilinka    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
bisquick

Bisquick - Cerulean

*slides in* Uh... hi!

This entry honors Blueminky, who's been playing longer than I have, but I only met her at the beginning of this year. This friendship has blossomed quickly considering our respective personalities, from entertaining each other through dreadfully long SMHs, to matching BK addictions, to outrageously expensive dinners, and guitar jam sessions.

I still don't get how after... what, 8-9 years(?) she still has this strong passion for carpentry. One of my most joyful moments was when I insisted she at least take a shot at a carp competition, and she reluctantly did so (probably to shut me up). While I came nowhere close to placing that round, she walked away from her first competition with her first colored familiar. I felt more triumphant there than if I had won the competition myself.

So here's my modest (and time crunched) tribute to the fabulous Blueminky:

Bisquick - Midnight (turned Cerulean), and all other oceans
Captain of Ransack Marauders
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bisquick at Dec 17, 2012 11:38:47 PM]
[Dec 17, 2012 10:40:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    http://bisqy.livejournal.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 38   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates