Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 971 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Avastme1

What image is better Reply to this Post

Hi guys, been testing with a bit of transparency on an image and wondered what you thought was better.

Original:

Transparency:

Regards, Kris.
----------------------------------------

The server will now reboot.
Ye crew member Avastme logged off
Avastme starts thinking how I'm still foraging then

Avastme on the Meridian ocean.

Is the YPPedia missing information or requires updating? Send me a message.
[Dec 2, 2012 8:00:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://BetaDev.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Re: What image is better Reply to this Post

Hi guys, been testing with a bit of transparency on an image and wondered what you thought was better.

Original:

Transparency:

Regards, Kris.

If you ask because you're thinking that the transparent background images of pets (or any inventory items?) could be a project of yours for the wiki...then I'm going to say that I like the ones that already are up there, just because they look much more 'real' in a sense of that they're actual shots of the actual pets we have in the game plus the color grids already look like 'clinical' images.

I am nobody to say what is important for wiki, I'm just wondering if this is? Yes, I'm lazy myself to do anything there so I should zip it :D
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Dec 2, 2012 10:18:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

While I do agree that the pets in those images tend to fade into the background, I'm with Sizzly in that they're intended to be images of the pets in-game. Probably more careful choice of background when taking the screenshots in called for (though since most of them are just donated by various people, we can't really be picky...)
[Dec 2, 2012 11:32:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Lado and I discussed re-doing the various pet images. She used one of the scene editor dealies and pieced them together. It was kind of a chore, and I think she only did the cats (which we never actually uploaded), but it's still a long term goal.

You can see it here: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/User:Ladodal/sandbox4

We liked the ones with a background but couldn't decide whether or not to keep the name (which was also part of the reason we wanted to redo them, to make the names less crazy), and then we both got uber busy and it just got pushed down our list of things to care about.
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[Dec 2, 2012 11:53:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ladodal

Lado and I discussed re-doing the various pet images. She used one of the scene editor dealies and pieced them together. It was kind of a chore, and I think she only did the cats (which we never actually uploaded), but it's still a long term goal.

Looks like I have the big cats and the small cats done! I think I was holding off on doing more until we decided on... something? Probably the "visible name or no visible name" issue. I really should get back to that, now that the 50+ hour work weeks are calming down...
Lado, Ladodal, Iara, Sequitur, and a fair few others.
Cerulean native by way of Cobalt, but increasingly hanging my hat in Emerald.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ladodal at Dec 2, 2012 10:25:27 PM]
[Dec 2, 2012 10:24:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]