• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 45
Posts: 45   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6454 times and has 44 replies Next Thread
Apollo
OceanMaster

December Doodle #1 [WINNERS ANNOUNCED] Reply to this Post

1 December - Surprise!

Contest opens now! Contest will finish at midnight at the end of Monday.

It's the first Daily Doodle, so it has to be Artpad. At the moment, the replay function seems to be working, so hopefully we'll get to see everyone's Artpad creations unfolding! It's an accessible and fun platform for people to create art. The task for today is to draw a picture on Artpad representing the nicest surprise you had in 2012. This can be something in real life, or something in the game. If you really can't think of a nice surprise you had this year, then please draw the surprise you'd LOVE to get before 2012 is over! You can use the text tool to describe what you've drawn, or you can include a short description in the entry post.

This is the link for Artpad.
Click anywhere on that first screen to get to your canvas! There are three tools (text, splashybucket, brush) and for each of those you can select a color, a thickness/size, and the opacity/transparency. If you've not used it before, have a play to see the different effects you can create - it really is a fun application! At the end, if you wish, you can select a frame to hang around your canvas. For us to see and replay your painting, you will need to get the link for your picture from the Artpad site to post; part of the joy of Artpad is seeing the picture build. When you've finished your picture, click "Save and send", and to get a link without emailing it, click half way down on the right where it offers that. Just in case the ability to replay Artpad pictures disappears (which has happened before), I would like you to have a back-up. So, you're going to need to take a screenshot of your final Artpad creation as well. You then need to use a graphics program (even something as simple as Paint will work) to crop your screenshot, resize it (if necessary - it'll be fine as long as it's no wider than 600 px), then save it as a .jpg or .png. You'll then need to upload it to a hosting site - either web space of your own, or one of the many file hosting services available, such as flickr.com, photobucket.com, imageshack.com. Once you have a url (link) for your image, you can then post it into the thread using image tags, as shown here. Use the "Preview" button before posting your entry, to make sure the image is showing correctly, and make sure we don't have to log in, register or download anything to view the image. Remember to press "Reply to this post" instead of "Post new thread"!

As a reminder, please read the general rules before posting.
Include your pirate name and ocean at the top of your post, then the Artpad link to your picture replay, and then the link to your back-up image of the finished Artpad picture.

Go Doodle!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Apollo at Dec 8, 2012 1:53:01 AM]
[Dec 1, 2012 5:42:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Re: December Doodle #1 [Deadline end Monday 3rd December 2012] Reply to this Post

Pixelpixie On Cerulean

A lil story about a WONDERFUL 2012 full of amazing surprizes!

This was fun! Lets do it again :D
Hope you guys enjoy watching as much as I enjoyed making this...who would've thought doodling on a computer would be fun o.O

(I apologize for all the edits...took me a while to figure out what I could do with the program ^_^)
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Booful at Dec 1, 2012 3:25:59 PM]
[Dec 1, 2012 9:50:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Re: December Doodle #1 [Deadline end Monday 3rd December 2012] Reply to this Post

Such a great presentation o3o! Mine is super simple ^^;

Yumisa!
Meridian!
http://artpad.art.com/?med6iiu0wks

Edit: i just realised, the link changed the font and everything ;_; why?!?
Yumisa World Wide ;)
Your Favourite Cookie Monster <3op
Can't find me? Im on Deviant Art!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hikariks at Dec 1, 2012 10:49:48 AM]
[Dec 1, 2012 10:28:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seleennn

I have always wanted a Caaaaaaaaat

Seleenn on Meridian <3
Seleenn on Meridian
The Evil Twin of Boysenberry ;)

[Edit 2 times, last edit by seleennn at Dec 1, 2012 10:33:55 AM]
[Dec 1, 2012 10:29:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

Bunnylaroo, Emerald

My nicest surprise of the year was finding out I am going to be an Auntie for the first time :D! The best thing about other people's kids is that you can always send them home! As you will see in the
FUN PLAYBACK LINK which I promise is much more entertaining than the final product :P

I'm sure my niece will be much better looking than this:

Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Bunnylaroo at Dec 1, 2012 10:45:29 AM]
[Dec 1, 2012 10:41:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

So it'd be really surprising if I finally won the neighborhood Christmas light duel, fight to the death, all or nothing, last-chance friendly contest (yes like in the movies), I've lobbied to have our family's entry outsourced to a ... private contractor, in exchange for a small advertising plot- for a display that is truly eye-fry-ingly spectacular,the snow shall melt before it can even cover the lawn- which still grows sunflowers in the deep winter.

1. The neighbors won't know what hit 'em.
2. We've already sent Santa his safety goggles.
3. /e cackles

NOTES
*the play back has a text glitch.
**I do not encourage light pollution. light pollution is bad. The moon frowns upon our light pollution.
*** I may have stretched the truth for the sake of entry- I'd be lucky to get my christmas lights untangled from my ladder. But- I'd be pleasantly surprised if I won.

Edit: Yumisa's got mad Artpad skillz yo.
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian

Message from Team Evil: Fine, we'll pass the petition along to Hera for you even though you're pro-Team Purple, but we refuse to be happy about it! #TeamEvilisAWESOME
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Jongy5 at Dec 1, 2012 11:40:48 AM]
[Dec 1, 2012 11:39:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pushit

Pirate name: Aenima
Ocean: Meridian

Top event of the year - a trip to Berlin/Germany n_n

http://artpad.art.com/?medbi31ne250

Doodle:

Berlin Wall, just for the record:

Ænima

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

[Dec 1, 2012 12:03:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ruined_ashes

Shlee on Emerald.
http://artpad.art.com/?medbc3y1000
My biggest surprise was coming home to the gift of Star Trek: The Original Series ^^

I sometimes do avatars!
I do believe in fairies!!!
Book on Obsidian
Bookly on Emerald
[Dec 1, 2012 12:07:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tasjatjuh

Tasjatjuh, Cerulean

So last May I found my little bright monkey in one of the BANANA mystery boxes! I went BANANA's!! :D

He is just as bright as a shiny sun point!

in play: http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?mededo1blpzc
Tasjatjuh on Cerulean

Someone once asked me, 'Why do you always insist on taking the hard road?' I replied, 'Why do you assume I see two roads?'

Avi by amazing Cattrin :)
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Tasjatjuh at Dec 3, 2012 3:32:07 AM]
[Dec 1, 2012 1:17:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
maiooch

Rhodanite-Cerulean

December Apolloodle 1 ----after i posted this i checked my link and it doesnt seem to be replaying or allowing the "skip to end"? >.<

This year I was ecstatic to finally meet Cleaver during the decennium events and I did obtain a portrait...I tried to recreate my piratical memory but the orignal looks a little better ;) Cleavered on Halloween
Rhodanite of Cerulean formerly of Midnight
Queen of Bedlam
[Edit 1 times, last edit by maiooch at Dec 1, 2012 6:07:26 PM]
[Dec 1, 2012 5:34:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arghhpirate

Arghhpirate, Meridian
Artpad Linky

Yay for Dread Masterpiece! Winning trinket design for this year's winter trinkets.
:D
[Dec 1, 2012 7:25:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Herowena of Cerulean

This year I finally placed, for the first time, in a (foraging) competition with a commemorative portrait prize!

http://artpad.art.com/?medvzckc33c
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Dec 1, 2012 7:34:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cobaltmonkey

My nicest surprise? Being able to incorporate the color pink into my wardrobe online and offline. I've never looked so macho and dashing!

ArtPad Link: http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?mee5chcj3i8

Pirate Name: Ghirahim
Ocean: Cerulean

[Dec 1, 2012 10:47:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

imp, Meridian.
Sorry, I didn't quite realise how long this was getting as I was busy doing other stuff and came back to add bits every now and then >_<

I had lots of surprises, choosing is haaard. Eventually I went with surprising myself by finding time to get back to some creative stuff with knitting and crochet - and also by doing something I've always wanted to, but never found the time for, which is designing my own patterns from scratch, something I've been doing a lot with the dolls... and with these miniature darlings.

Artpad link

Emergency backup-plan link

(Photobucket has ghosts. There is no pencil in the picture I uploaded... and re-uploading/hard refreshing is persistently not taking it away >_<) nuffink.
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Snowpixie at Dec 2, 2012 11:12:26 AM]
[Dec 2, 2012 2:21:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jippeh14

Jippy, Meridian

Surprise! Muse's new album was a pleasant surprise to Jippy this year. :D
Jippy Drawing Stuffles

I speel gud, honest >_>
Jippy of Meridian
[Dec 2, 2012 2:31:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kikuneechan

Kikuneechan, Emerald

http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?mef0581jvfhw

Surpriseee! Finally got the #1 Rigs on Emerald. :D

I might have been having a bit too much fun using the splash at the end...
--Kikuneechan of Sage-Emerald (& others)
[ Captain of the Remnant ];
{ avatar is self-made }
busy with real life.
[Dec 2, 2012 9:57:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

Faeree of Emerald

http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?mef1za1herzg (um.. yeah obviously I have trouble with years :P)

So I did the playback and it looked like the text didn't show up since it changed the font.. luckily I saved in progress shots (because the first time I drew it the adobe flash plugin crashed and I had to start all over again) so you can read the text :)

In progress
In progress2
Dollies in RL (on my desk)
Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by lilymoon at Dec 2, 2012 10:52:04 AM]
[Dec 2, 2012 10:46:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
Sakura_Cerry

Kurenai on Cerulean!

http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?mefc6c12k8b8

Kurenai of Midnight.
[Dec 2, 2012 2:19:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Cattrin on Cerulean

[replay link]

This year was very surprising to me when I nearly doubled my dolly collection! I've always aspired to have a(n) OM/Ringer doll, but 4 in one year? Not in my wildest dreams!

They're sorted by colour, so it's all based on the colour of the doll's clothes as to where they are placed and what they are doing.

Whoever watches that replay fully through on normal speed, or any speed, is probably insane.

(Thanks again to Nemesis, Prometheus, Greenbones, Fishheadred, Cronus, Galene, Clotho, Bluebeard and Forculus for the dollies!)

Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Edit 2 times, last edit by cattrin at Dec 2, 2012 5:27:14 PM]
[Dec 2, 2012 3:56:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Missmelany

Melany Emerald

Replay

My niece was born in May. To my notlikingbabies surprise I love her!
Melany

Awesome Avatar by Tilinka
[Dec 2, 2012 5:23:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wyf

Marlenee on Meridian

http://artpad.art.com/?mefntcd1g2s

Hatching my adorable dragon from his warm goldy egg(gold box)
Marlenee on the Meridian Ocean.

[Dec 2, 2012 6:31:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
iPartyHard

Etiquette on Meridian

ARTPAD LINK.

This year I was surprised to finally find someone to spend the rest of my life with, (AND understand my obscure film references!)

I tried watching this on the fastest speed possible, and it's gonna take a while to watch the WHOOOOLE thing...
Etiquette on Meridian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by iPartyHard at Dec 2, 2012 6:50:25 PM]
[Dec 2, 2012 6:47:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Greylady of Meridian

There's no sweeter surprise than one that purrs!

Artpad link.

Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
[Dec 2, 2012 8:37:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
micerule

Laney on Meridian
No laughing please.

Art pad link

When I became friends with VELTERNAL! The first thing I asked her was about her hair and how she got it so white. As shown by me and my gross patchy NOT blonde hair. She pointed me in the right direction and we've been friends since!

Ivytheblade tells ye, "Huzah! Huzah! Laneth, brother of the forged late notes, and 5th knight of the triangle table :x"
[Dec 2, 2012 11:29:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vellanora

Velternal, Meridian

Artpad Link

The nicest surprises I had in 2012 were from those lovely releases.
Namely, dolls & LE trinkets in portraits, facial expressions, unicorns and (of course) hair dyes. <333

Velternal, Meridian.
I draw Avatars!.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Vellanora at Dec 3, 2012 4:19:54 AM]
[Dec 3, 2012 1:01:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
deathtolll

[ArtPad Link]

Finally being able to turn myself into a lifeless zombie whenever I want.

~Deathmessage, Emerald Ocean.

Dricenticore says, "Normally I don't believe people who say they're girls on the internet but since you went from friendly to hostile in about 3 seconds"

Deathmessage on the Emerald Ocean.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by deathtolll at Dec 3, 2012 1:11:31 AM]
[Dec 3, 2012 1:11:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gummybears9

Gummybears, Meridian

So I'm not exactly the next Van Gogh but..

Link to Art Pad

It was a nice surprise when a hearty enlightened me to the use of right-click on a nav board, so I didn't have to constantly drag and hold my screen to see the board! (which may have added to my dislike of cading? :D)
Gummybears, Meridian/Emerald
[Dec 3, 2012 1:28:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Dexla, Cerulean
I've had a lot of awesome surprises this year, and I couldn't narrow it down. There IS just one more thing that would make me extremely happy this year.... but it's not exactly for me.

For once, yes, I am actually wishing it would snow - as much as I hate the cold - because I live with 2 men-folk who would love an afternoon of making snow angels all over the back yard.

le artypady linky
http://artpad.art.com/?megp24xo0n0
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dexla at Dec 3, 2012 7:56:29 AM]
[Dec 3, 2012 7:55:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jennygalaxy

Jennygalaxy, Meridian

http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?megqyimdhas

Jennygalaxy, formally Cobalt, now Meridian Ocean.
[Dec 3, 2012 8:32:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jennylikesgalaxy [Link]  Go to top 
wuppypuppy2

Wayfarer, Meridian.

This year, I had the incredible pleasure of discovering and falling in love with Doctor Who.

http://artpad.art.com/?megvyc1nc7e8

I still haven't learned how to draw, though...
Wayfarer of Meridian
Escapist artist
[Dec 3, 2012 10:16:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 45   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates