• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2964
Posts: 2964   Pages: 99   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 249527 times and has 2963 replies Next Thread
Rogue_JM

Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post

I'll be revealing the entire role list and our entire concept in the DT (edit with link soon!). We're so sorry about the move back on the time, although I'm sure most of you are relieved the game is over on a 15-Day game!

Thanks for playing guys; Q and I sure appreciate it!
----------------------------------------
Moderating ROMS: (DC)XV with Quitex.

We haz power.
[Jul 9, 2012 7:58:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SeastarX

*glares at Classy*
Rachaelj everywhere but mostly Emerald.
Not particularly Silent, but still very much a Fool.
Has now seen the Light.
[Jul 9, 2012 8:01:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
clasalle

So uh do I owe you cake Sea?
Lassie on Viridian
[Jul 9, 2012 8:06:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nalanthi

Actually she was... Well read the DT the whole thing is complicated, but Dwizzles holy water was involved.
Nalanthi - A Blatant PvPer, War Monger and Officer of the Falcon's Fury.
-Midnight (Retired)
Tamman - Head of a Merchant Empire, and Strategist of Black Plague
-Viridian (Retired)
Nalanthi - Mercenary and scalawag.
-Malachite
[Jul 9, 2012 8:08:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SeastarX

Shushes Nal up. Technically yes. But sort of no. Does that help? :)
Has now seen the Light.
[Jul 9, 2012 8:09:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
clasalle

Well I'm going to read the DT as soon as I'm off the phone so I guess I'll wait :).
Lassie on Viridian
[Jul 9, 2012 8:11:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SeastarX

Heh. Lets just say that Riku (think it was him) said something was unlikely and he was wrong.
Has now seen the Light.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by SeastarX at Jul 9, 2012 8:17:55 PM]
[Jul 9, 2012 8:17:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

I'm sure that happened quite a few times :P
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Jul 9, 2012 8:20:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

So... next game? :D
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Jul 9, 2012 8:25:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Get back in your cave. But yeah? :D!
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jul 9, 2012 8:27:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Rude.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Jul 9, 2012 8:29:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rogue_JM

Apparently the next game will be hosted by Lizzie and Elliptic in September or October.

We haz power.
[Jul 9, 2012 8:34:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Loathe's an addict, she won't make it.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jul 9, 2012 8:35:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SeastarX

Riku wrote: 
I'm sure that happened quite a few times :P
True. But you were also right more than I'd really have cared for too ;p
Has now seen the Light.
[Jul 9, 2012 8:42:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nalanthi

So I am still really put out that Riku isn't a Rogue. Gagh. Probably took me a full day longer than it should have to start drawing the right conclusions from the evidence of Luv's ban then it should have. I predict I will not live till endgame anytime soon, which makes me sad as it is my favorite part.

In real life I catch scum early when they flinch, much harder in the electronic. Should have followed up more on Furare.

Then I flail horribly in the midgame. i reproduced this well in the electronic version.

Then as we approach Lylo, I become very good at spotting linkages. This was even easier in the electronic version than in RL as I had more time to analyze the data.

A rogue lynch at Lylo has a distinct feel. If I'm not getting that feeling, it is probably an innocent on the block. The way I didn't have to halt them before they triggered day end was awesome, because it let me gather more information.

Arguments made in the last 6 hours of a day are like 100% more effective. This meta needs to change. It is totally town unproductive.
-Midnight (Retired)
-Viridian (Retired)
-Malachite
[Jul 9, 2012 9:03:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
firebolt153

Well either way, quite a first game for me, considering I've never played any form of Mafia before. I await the next one :-)
Rinni on the Emerald Ocean

Rachaelj says, "i was like no do you normally stare at people in toilets??"
[Jul 9, 2012 9:13:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

Can whoever gives DT access give riku_743 DT access? D:
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Jul 9, 2012 9:30:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dwizzles

Good game guys. I'm thankful I didn't cost the town a win. Thank you for being patient with me, and I promise to only play again when I do have time to play. I took an unpaid internship an hour away which means I leave my house at around 8, and get home at around 6. I also work at a grocery store the rest of the week.

There's also the fact that virtually all major strategy/decisions of my alliance ring go through me in a massive annoying Skype group(Loathe has heard the horror stories), and blockades on the weekend and I just had no time or desire to play ROMS.

ROMS is also very intimidating for me. I know where I stand on YPP and on Emerald. On ROMS, the community for the most part is made up of a very intelligent player base that has been playing ROMS for a long time. It's definitely intimidating to go up against the big guns, and several times I was just like man, I don't even know what to say. Next game I end up playing, I'll definitely have a better idea of what to look for, although I still maintain that the first few days I will never understand. SOMEBODY STILL HAS TO DIE BEFORE WE KNOW THERE IS A PROBLEM AND LYNCH!!!!!

Nalanthi, I'm afraid you're not going to make it that far without being banned ever again. Well done.

Thanks guys!

Edit: This is how I felt the whole game.
-Dwizzles
Captain of Skeletons
King of Illuminatti
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dwizzles at Jul 9, 2012 10:37:13 PM]
[Jul 9, 2012 10:34:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Furare

The hell just happened?

Or not just, but once again these deadlines make me late to the party.

Just so you know, I hate you all. (<3)

As it happens, I wish I'd been around to say whether I'd received any items or not - because, you know, the only item I had all game was a little thing called Prescription Drugs. I don't know what telling a little half-truth about those would've done for me... Maybe something, maybe nothing.

I might write a death scene later. Then I'm done. Thanks for everything, y'all, but I think what that game showed me is that I can't do this anymore. It's not fair to anyone for me to sign up for something I don't really want to do and then throw my crappy burnout issues all over the thread. So I'm done here. I probably won't even read the DT, to be honest.

(Although, hell, part of me is already like "Maybe this would be a cool idea for a game" - so who knows how long that resolution will last.)

I'll be back later, hopefully with a death scene of such tragic beauty that y'all feel like heels for cutting my sweet innocent life of villainy so horribly short. :P
Amonet on Obsidian. Dracina everywhere else.

Now only mostly retired.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Furare at Jul 10, 2012 2:10:45 AM]
[Jul 9, 2012 11:26:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lyaka

On the "should have done this sooner" front, access restrictions for the DT have been lifted. Come and browse if you haven't already.
Furare wrote: 
...disagreeing with you always feels pretty indistinguishable from being wrong.

Talisker wrote: 
...it's actually a Lyakarchy.

[Jul 10, 2012 6:02:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Furare

I'm surprised there have been no posts since, but I think the forums have been playing up or something. Regardless, a death scene:

The sun slanted into the room through the crack in the curtains, shining into Furare's eyes and signalling the beginning of the fifteenth day. She groaned and rolled over, covering her head with the pillow.

I don't want to get up.

She lay like that for a few more minutes, as though the blankets could protect her from the world, or the fate that surely awaited her outside the confines of her room. Vain hope. Eventually she sat up, heart heavy, and began to dress in silence. She looked around her little room with a lump in her throat. I won't ever see this place again. She knew it. Though she cherished some small hope that she might be able to turn things around, to get some other poor soul to take her place, in her heart of hearts she knew that wasn't going to happen. She'd been living on borrowed time too long, and that time would end today. There was no other way things could be.

Out into town, though. Furare fought when she was cornered. She could do nothing else. Disappearing wasn't her style. So she went out and fought for it, preparing her arguments and accusations, trying to calculate the tone perfectly so as not to sound as desperate as she felt. It didn't matter. Her words fell on deaf ears. They knew what she was. That was abundantly clear. They knew what she was and they were not inclined to listen to her anymore. She faltered under the stares, under the condemnation, and stood silently, her guilt finally exposed.

They didn't even wait for evening. Riku seized hold of her then and there, and she saw behind him the train of bodyguards that she had only glimpsed the night she came to kill him. It was over, then. The noose awaited her. Hanging. No! I can't - I won't be hanged! She struggled against his grip, but he was taller and stronger than her, and there was nothing she could do against him. Except... she knew that with every single sudden movement she made, it became harder for the watching guards not to strike down the person threatening their master. She half-smiled. It wasn't survival - there was no hope of that now - but it was something.

Riku snapped, "Have some dignity, can't you?" She bit him. "Agh - what the hell?"

From his position watching impassively from across the square, Justin called out, "I think she's trying to provoke you into killing her outright." Furare shot him a poisonous glare.

"Huh." Riku turned her by force to face him. "Damn it, monster, what makes you think you deserve any sort of mercy?"

Furare spat in his face. "Monster? I? How much blood is on your hands, eh?" She could feel his anger rising at her twisted logic, and she gloried in it. Her grin was horrifying and insane. Go on. End it. I dare you. He didn't rise to the bait. Of course he didn't; he was better than that. There was no point in fighting any more. Her body went limp as the fire drained from her, and she let him drag her over to the gallows. To the lynching rope. To her death.

On the platform she froze. She couldn't help it, not in the face of that death. She was terrified, and it was beyond her power to hide it. The tears began to fall unbidden - and she saw for the first time her enemies show some sign of relenting towards her. "You ask why you should give me mercy, Riku?" she asked, her voice trembling. "Believe me - I didn't want to do this. I didn't want any part of this. And I'm so tired. I can't fight any more." A violent sob wracked through her body, and she thought that through the mist of tears she saw some echoes of compassion in at least one of the watching faces.

Then she straightened her back and held her head high. "But no. You're right. I should meet death with dignity. Not wanting to be a rogue doesn't negate the fact that I am one. Do your worst." But the honest emotion had moved Riku in a way that provocation had not. He gestured in the direction of his bodyguards - and one of them levelled his gun at her, and fired. The concussive force threw her backwards to the ground. The world faded to grey and then slipped away from her altogether.

Amonet on Obsidian. Dracina everywhere else.

Now only mostly retired.

[Jul 10, 2012 6:02:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nalanthi

/claps
-Midnight (Retired)
-Viridian (Retired)
-Malachite
[Jul 10, 2012 8:56:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
taelac

Excellent scene, Furare.

A largely well-fought game overall.
~Taelac
ROMS XVII:Vanilla Filler
Dead Thread
[Jul 10, 2012 9:26:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rogue_JM

The rogue doc is now revealed.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ak3utPxB7LgEdDUzZHhGUWl2QnRXeFVXc0lUY3FSVUE

We haz power.
[Jul 10, 2012 12:05:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 2964   Pages: 99   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates