• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 43
Posts: 43   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 18296 times and has 42 replies Next Thread
pegasiswolf

Xmas in July - 3-day WB pilly 7/6-7/9 -Win a Parrot! Reply to this Post

XMAS IN JULY!!!
3-day continuous WB pillage!

TONS of wonderful prizes to win along the way :)

MARK YOUR CALENDARS!! JULY 6TH-9TH, 2012

WIN A PARROT FAMILIAR!!
WIN A GINGERBREAD SLOOP!!
WIN PAINTED SLOOP/CUTTER/LONGSHIP!!
WIN YOUR SHARE OF HUNDREDS OF OTHER PRIZES!!

here is how it will work:

We will set sail at 10am Friday, July 6th, 2012.... we will be charted for a large loop covering most of Emerald Ocean..... lets see how far we get before we port 10am Monday, July 9th, 2012

Of course we will be pillaging along the way to earn lots of poe and have lots of fun...

We will port every 4-5 islands to restock and divide... then continue on right away!!

We will be giving ALL jobbing pirates a candy cane outfit (red stripeys).. so we can all look very xmasy :)

We will have 400!! wrapped presents on the ship!! Every 10 minutes or so, we will be doing fun things to win your CHOICE of present!! It could be xmas trivia... xmas caroling...could be a riddle... could be jokes... could be performance-based... it could be just about anything that pops into my head!!!

In addition to all the presents and all the fun and all the poe you can win on the pillage... THERE ARE BIG PRIZES!!!

PRIZES ARE AS FOLLOWS:

At every league point, we will pause a moment and tally score from the Duty Report... 2 points for every incred.. .1 point for every excellent.... (gunners will receive their scores from the DR following each battle rather than the DR at the LP)

DAY 1 (10AM 7/6 - 10AM 7/7) -

• TOP OVERALL SCORE FOR DAY 1 (regardless of station or combination of stations) - GINGERBREAD SLOOP!!
  • TOP GUNS - Red /Green Painted CUTTER!!
  • TOP SAILS - Red /Green Painted SLOOP!!
  • TOP RIGS - Red /Green Painted SLOOP!!
  • TOP CARP - Red /Green painted SLOOP!!
  • TOP BILGE - Red /Green painted SLOOP!!
  • SECRET TRIGGER PRIZES- Black/White FROST SLOOP!! (and matching LE SNOW LEOPARD!)

DAY 2 (10AM 7/7 - 10AM 7/8) -

• TOP OVERALL SCORE FOR DAY 2 (regardless of station or combination of stations) - GINGERBREAD SLOOP!!
  • SECRET TRIGGER PRIZES- Sealed Ice/Ice/Ice SLOOP deed!! (and PENGUIN!)

DAY 3 (10AM 7/8 - 10AM 7/9) -

• TOP OVERALL SCORE FOR DAY 3 (regardless of station or combination of stations) - GINGERBREAD SLOOP!!
  • SECRET TRIGGER PRIZES- ROGUE WB!! (and matching ROGUE SLOOP!)

OVERALL COMBINED SCORES!! (10AM 7/6 - 10AM 7/9) -

• TOP OVERALL SCORE FOR ALL 3 DAYS (regardless of station or combination of stations) - RED /TAN PARROT FAMILIAR !!
  • TOP COMBINED SCORE GUNS - Red /Green Painted LONGSHIP!
  • TOP COMBINED SCORE SAILS -Red /Green Painted LONGSHIP!!
  • TOP COMBINED SCORE RIGS - Red /Green Painted LONGSHIP!!
  • TOP COMBINED SCORE CARP - Red /Green painted LONGSHIP!!
  • TOP COMBINED SCORE BILGE - Red /Green painted LONGSHIP!!

• PIRATE THAT STAYS FOR THE MOST LP'S (does not have to be consecutive!) - wins Red /Green WARBRIG!!

If you have any questions .. just ask :)

HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE THERE!!!! BRING YOUR FRIENDS!!!
----------------------------------------
Pegasiswolf- Captain of Dream Catchers and Queen of Fleet of Dreams -Emerald

host of XMAS IN JULY event 2011 to 2020

"maintaining a positive attitude may not fix all of lifes problems, but it should annoy enough ppl to make it worth the
[Edit 2 times, last edit by pegasiswolf at May 22, 2012 9:17:50 PM]
[May 22, 2012 5:18:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Re: Xmas in July - 3-day WB pilly 7/6-7/9 -Win a Parrot! Reply to this Post

XMAS IN JULY FAQ-

"Do we have to stay the entire 72 hrs?"
-of course not!! We value your health!!!...We will be at sea for 3 days straight.. hop on/off as many times as you like during that time to earn points and try your hand at winning some presents! of course the more time you spend onboard the more chances you will have to earn points and play for presents... and of course.. the pirate that in onboard the longest (other than peg)... will win the WB!!

"How do i 'earn points'?"
-we will be pausing at each league point and keeping score .. you get 1 point for excellent and 2 pts for incred.. we will keep a running total of how many points you have earned.. sorted by day/station/pirate

"Do I have to stay on the SAME station the entire time?"
-you can take any open station you like, and change stations whenever you feel the need (based on availability of course)... the DAILY overall score and the COMBINED overall score... are how many points you earned on ANY station.... so if you do 75% bilge and 25% carp... you probably wont have a good chance of taking TOP CARP.. but you may take TOP OVERALL!

"what is this 'secret trigger' you speak of?"
-im glad you asked!!!!!!..... There will be 2 specially wrapped/labeled presents onboard... we will be doing a 2-part secret trigger for EACH DAY!!... this trigger is known ONLY to me!!... basically it works like this... Peg is thinking of something (could be something said.. could be something done... could be something that just happens to someone... only peg knows).... when that thing happens.... bells go off!!! (ok .. maybe whistles).. and Peg will yell 'SECRET TRIGGER!!!!".... the pirate that did the trigger... WINS THE 1ST SPECIAL PRIZE (bigger)... and then Peg will ask that person a special 'follow-up' question in /tell... the pirate will have a VERY short time limit to answer the question (no time to google sorry)... if they get the question correct.. they ALSO win the 2ND SPECIAL MATCHING PRIZE!!... IF the pirate fails to answer correctly.... then Peg will ask the question in /vessel... and FIRST pirate to correctly answer will win the 2ND prize!! (of course the original winner keeps the 1st prize)....

"will you give us hints as to what the trigger might be?"
-nope... sorry.... its a secret!!

"why do guns get a cutter but all the other stations get sloop?"
-gunning is scored from ONLY the duty report immediately following battle... the other stations are all ONLY scored from the duty reports at each league point!!.... if last year is any indication, there will be more opportunities for the other stations to score.. giving them an advantage over gunners for the overall daily prizes.... this is not to say that a gunner COULDNT win the overall daily prizes... but because of the disadvantage, top daily gunners get a cutter.... the COMBINED overall scores (combination of all points earned over the 3-day period).. do not have this handicap system.. a gunner COULD very well end up winning the parrot, just by participating more often over the 3 day period.

"what are in the wrapped presents?"
-ooooo... all kinds of great stuff!!! (no junk)
-a number of SHIPS are wrapped up also!!!... LE furniture.. LE pets....LE trinkets.... XMAS items...wrapped labor/parlor/bravery badges.... 10k or 25k shopping spree at Royal Clothier on Admiral... complete indigo and atlantean outfits....LE outfit from obliviate and lurv... personalized hand-draw portraits/avatars by Rikko..or Kimi...or Dazkat.... OM eggs... BK eggs/banners... atlantean furniture.. cursed isles furniture.... fancy clothes... various furniture items... gaming tables...various pets... just lots of nice things!!

"how do we win a present?"

-there will be lots of ways to win presents... i will come up with an opportunity every 10 minutes or so ... i might ask xmas trivia questions.... might ask xmas carol lyrics... i might just say 'top carp on the dr after battle wins a present'.. or i might say.. 'next top good on sails wins a present'... 'bottom exc on bilge'... i might say ... 'first to send me a trade wins a present!'.... i will try to give opportunities for pirates of ALL skill levels to win presents.... so dont stress if you cant get incredibles... you could win a present with a SHIP in it.. just by knowing the missing word in this xmas carol "city sidewalks, _____ sidewalks"...

"do we get to PICK which present we want?"
-yep yep.. its CHOICE... so check out all the presents... and decide which one you will choose when YOU win!!

"how can you afford to give away so much? you must be rich!"
-no way am i rich!! (other than great friends!)... but i do have most of the things that i personally need in the game... so all year.. i gather up anything extra... (and hit lots of yard sales)... then just wrap it up and use in the event... but... i must say... without the help of WONDERFUL and GENEROUS pirates all year... we wouldnt have near as much as we do... and of course.. it was 1.2 million poe.. just to WRAP the items!! wrapping paper and paint were an ongoing expense lol (special thanks to zeb for constantly /paying me each time i logged on some paper/paint poe).... and NO i havent forgotten ANY of the wonderful ppl that have contributed... u are all angels!!!!... I will make a list during the event summary afterwards... and try to mention as many of you guys as possible!!

"is it too late to donate something for the event?"
-of course not!!... if u have items that you can afford to donate.. the more things we have to give out.. the better... last year.. we had donations coming in right til the end :)

"What if there is a reboot?"
-no worries.. we had a reboot happen last year.. it was only a MINOR inconvenience... we ported... took a 10min or so break while the game did its regular reboot.. and then we logged back in and set sail again... :)

"Peg, 72hrs nonstop WB pillage!?!?! are you crazy!?!?!"
-this is nothing... ask me about my sand dollar trinkets! lol

"maintaining a positive attitude may not fix all of lifes problems, but it should annoy enough ppl to make it worth the
[Edit 3 times, last edit by pegasiswolf at May 23, 2012 9:40:33 AM]
[May 22, 2012 5:22:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
kabir144

HOLY BARNACLE !!! This is one of the most awesomest and craziest events I have ever seen. I'll be sure to stock my body up with caffeine before the pillage starts
Kabit Huntard Emeraldian

Amazing Avvy by Cattrin
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kabir144 at May 22, 2012 6:37:20 PM]
[May 22, 2012 6:36:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

HOLY BARNACLE !!! This is one of the most awesomest and craziest events I have ever seen. I'll be sure to stock my body up with caffeine before the pillage starts

Im sure ill be going thru a higher than average amount of cappuccino myself... lol

just dont OVERDO it hun... if your body says u need a rest... take a nap... im sure we will still be out when u wake up :)

we did a very similar event last year (www.tinyurl.com/xmaspillage ). It was for 24 hrs... and we only had ONE person other than myself stay the entire 24hrs... (Duns)... so even tho the ship only holds 30 at a time.. dont stress... we had over 300 ppl that had a chance to come along for at least part of it :)

so I expect a TON of turnover again... so if u see the ship is full... just keep an eye on the notice board... for a spot to open... it probably wont be long

[Edit 1 times, last edit by pegasiswolf at May 22, 2012 7:50:53 PM]
[May 22, 2012 7:23:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Artof_Murder

I'm all giddy with excitement. Last year I planned to stay the full 24 hours but the counting process was a bit slow and frustrating. I was happy to hear that this year would be MUCH more efficient.

As such I have every intention of staying on board working (guns pretty please?) for a fun-filled 72 hours. I challenge anyone to stand up and do the same!

My personal record for Puzzle Pirates online time is something like 40.5 hours - in those hours I divided over two MILLION PoE from small IOs and small/med VRs. That was nonstop expos, with about 50% of it being nav.

My personal record for online time was on a different MMO, where I hit 52 hours without any significant breaks.

For anyone planning on MORE than 24 hours, I have some advice.

1. Premake your meals. This can mean many things; buy food that just needs to be microwaved, or make sandwiches in advance, or eat packaged food that requires no preparation. Keep it all as close to your computer as possible to maintain minimum downtime.

2. If at all possible, be alone. Make it common household knowledge that you will be busy from __ time to __ time, and won't have time to be disturbed. This can go for both parents and kids.

3. Laptop > Desktop. PP doesn't require much CPU to run, and you don't want to get caught straightlining if you really need to use the washroom. Get a Lysol wipe and give your laptop a good clean after the fact, but this can be crucial, as being awake so long will most likely require caffeinated beverages.

4. M-U-S-I-C. For your sanity, I'd suggest playing music the FULL time you are awake. If at all possible, select songs with a variety of tempos to keep your brain moving around and awake. Avoid movies, most of them have emotional ups and downs which can, in fact, be physically draining.

5. Headaches. I'm not a doctor or anything, but I do know that being awake this long can be tough on a brain. Headaches will be a common symptom or side effect of wakefulness of this degree, and I'd suggest having your favourite Ibuprofen/Aspirin/Excedrin etc. on hand, just in case. Be sure to read the label and only take the appropriate dose!

6. As pegs said earlier, your body has a LIMIT. Know it, and respect it. If you are puzzling and you fall asleep in your chair, let it happen. Take a full 8 hour powernap right there at your desk. We'll be waiting for your return. Certain obvious exceptions exist, for example the naver and OiC have a responsibility to stay awake for the sake of the ship, unless that duty can be passed on for the length of a sleep.

7. Know the difference between being comfortable and avoiding physical problems. Sit up straight, use proper back support, etc. But you should spend little to no time in a reclining position, with a blanket over more than your legs, a pillow behind your head, or any similar circumstances. One minute you'll be puzzling, the next you'll wake up with your computer on the floor and 8 hours gone by.

8. Get a fan. Turn down the A/C. Indirectly related to 7, it's a lesser-known fact that cold stimulates the brain and reduces drowsiness. Even if you only turn it down in spurts when you get extra-drowsy, it can be helpful to get cold while you wait for caffeine or other wakeful things to take effect.

9. Have fun! Chat a lot! Not too much. Don't annoy anybody. But you'll be more likely to stay awake if you engage in some level of conversation, be it in vessel or by another communication method, such as Ventrilo or Skype. This is also related to 2, it is a theory of mine that talking about what you are DOING for your hours awake helps to keep you awake. Distractions such as family or pets may rattle you a bit and then you'll be spending extra effort returning focus to the task at hand.

10. See how you feel at the significant divisible-by-4 hour markers. Feel drowsy after 12? 24? 36? Set goals based on intervals of 4 hours, either based on a certain prize or to just stay awake as long as you can. Humans tend to be goal-oriented whether they know it or not, and 4 hours is a significant enough length of time that it gives a sense of accomplishment, but not so long that you feel overwhelmed.

I hope some of these tips help draw out some competition for the full 72 hours of fun! Or in either case, I can't wait to see you there.

Thanks pegs for putting this event together, I just can't wait to see how you plan to top it next year!!

-GB
Gamebug(IO) of Emerald.
Captain, SO, FO and CP of The Conglomerate.

Castor tells ye, "I'd go get some sleep!"
"Yay for unexpected gifts in yer booty!" -Hera
[May 23, 2012 3:14:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

As much as I'd love to stay the full length, I am a creature of sleep. That being: I want to sleep too much.

Expect to see one of my elusive alts there! :D

Oh oh oh, and if you can please, keep a record of booty pillaged and post us the total amount! :).
Ivytheblade

Not intended for those with weak constitutions

Now officially dating half your Parley Trolls.
[May 23, 2012 7:29:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Oh oh oh, and if you can please, keep a record of booty pillaged and post us the total amount! :).

/agree + +

;-)
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[May 23, 2012 8:08:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

/agree + +

;-)

eek... ANOTHER thing to add to the 'to do' list.. but i suppose it wouldnt be that hard to do... ok... each time we stop to divide/restock... i will make a note of the total booty amount divided from the ahoy tab...(at the same time as i note the number of wins/losses)

[May 23, 2012 9:03:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

As such I have every intention of staying on board working (guns pretty please?) for a fun-filled 72 hours. I challenge anyone to stand up and do the same!

Thanks pegs for putting this event together, I just can't wait to see how you plan to top it next year!!

-GB

im hoping that OOO will release a GINGERBREAD WF next year (hint hint hint).... i think 24hr WF ... paying 1st-3rd place on all stations.. would be alot of fun :)

of course having alot more stations would give our scorekeeper alot more to do at each lp... and there is a bigger chance of getting shorthanded on a larger ship... but... hopefully since it is a yearly event... ppl will get more familiar with it and plan to stay...

EEEK bad gamebug bad bad... its not enough that i have been actively preparing/organizing for THIS event since december... u have me mentally planning for july 2013 already!! and i still have my sept 2012 meetup to organize before then... lol

and thanks for all the tips for those that plan to stay for extended periods... all very good points... cept maybe #3... (if u need to go lpr.. just TELL me... and if u are still idle at start of battle.. ill get a bot replacement and rejob after the fight)...

and like the little popups tell u... even if u are planning to stay extended periods of time.. get up on occasion.. stretch.. move ur body... walk to the kitchen to get ur snack/drink... or "no pizza for u!"

we have all heard stories of ppl endangering their health by playing TOO long on the computer... so if u need to nap.. DO IT... if u need to move..DO IT... (remember there will be restock/divide moments every 4-5 islands... at least use that time to get up and do what you need to)...everyone is different...so plz watch for signs of what your body needs.... PLZ dont hurt yourself over this event gamebug(or anyone else!!)... id cry!!!

[May 23, 2012 9:22:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

if anyone has leftover XMAS TREES .... i still need some!!!!....of course... xmas trinkets.. and other xmas furniture is always needed also :)

[May 23, 2012 11:15:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

RE: Tallying combined total haul...

ANOTHER thing to add to the 'to do' list..

Can't speak for anyone else (obviously), but as a pirate with an engineering and/or scientific frame of mind, I'd care only about three digits of precision. (For ex.: "57.2 bazillion moneys!") ;-D

~Franklin
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Franklincain at May 23, 2012 11:27:43 AM]
[May 23, 2012 11:27:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artof_Murder

It's not wakefulness so much as not moving. Some kid in China played WoW for 50 something hours and died because the artery in his leg was clogged from inactivity/not moving around.

So yeah, move around. And as for #3, no hardcore gamer has a "brb" moment! Man up, pee sitting down, and puzzle on the toilet. Unless you are a woman, skip step 1.

-GB

EDIT: Clarity and repetitiveness.
Gamebug(IO) of Emerald.
Captain, SO, FO and CP of The Conglomerate.

Castor tells ye, "I'd go get some sleep!"
"Yay for unexpected gifts in yer booty!" -Hera
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Artof_Murder at May 23, 2012 11:56:23 AM]
[May 23, 2012 11:55:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

pee sitting down
I do this quite regularly, surprisingly enough.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[May 23, 2012 12:00:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
24V

I will try my best to crowbar my self out of the inn and join in :O lol i know right RAMPAGE out of the inn and working ?? wow i man need a screenshot of this!!!! i dont often leave the inn so consider this as another pressie ;) lmao
Rampage on Sage Emerald

I don't do many avatars now days but if you want to see some of my favorites click Here
[May 23, 2012 1:29:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NotJaret

I just want some of pegs's hawtttt art
Jaret of Hunter Emerald
[May 23, 2012 3:18:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

wow... rampage puzzling?!?!?! .. this is MUST SEE :)

and a gift? perfect timing.. since today is my bday :)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by pegasiswolf at May 24, 2012 9:49:34 AM]
[May 24, 2012 9:47:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

I just want some of pegs's hawtttt art

peg only does Paint Shop Pro Art.. I dont have that talented drawing ability like rikko and kimi and dazkat......but of course... i used to make tons of avatars and such for ppls... id be happy to make u something if u like :)

did u see the pretty pics rikko did for me? http://rikkolepirate.wordpress.com/2012/05/24/happy-birthday-pegasiswolf

[May 24, 2012 9:49:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

rampage!!! beautiful avatars!!! ooooo ... whats it take to get ya to make ME one? did i mention today is my birthday yet? lol....

(and if u want to donate an avatar for the event.. id love to wrap up a trinket someone to win !!!)

[May 24, 2012 9:52:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
24V

i would make an avatar for you anytime peg :D and yes i will be happy to make a winner of your choosing an avatar as well ^.^

im sorry i missed your birthday :(..... H A P P Y ..... LATE..... B I R T H D A Y .....P E G ..... :D:D:D
Rampage on Sage Emerald

I don't do many avatars now days but if you want to see some of my favorites click Here
[May 29, 2012 8:58:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

i would make an avatar for you anytime peg :D and yes i will be happy to make a winner of your choosing an avatar as well ^.^

YAYYY!!! Id love to see the type of avatar you would make for me :) I will leave it completely up to YOUR imagination... maybe something with icey? or maybe something with sandie?... or maybe something with my beloved hottub? oops... there i go.. putting MY ideas in... /me shushes....

and DOUBLE YAYY!!.. someone of MY choosing.... I have someone in mind actually.... that has been a really HUGE help with the event... but hasnt wanted any special attention for it... ill talk to u in-game about that...

ty ty :)

[May 29, 2012 2:59:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Lovetosmash

-GB

Those are tips from a professional people, they all make sense and are all Gamebug approved, I garuntee the swashbuckler who follows them lasts longer then the one who does not.
Avatar by Bambeh, with special thanks to Sizzly
Attempting to retire, it's not going well as you can tell.
[Jun 1, 2012 6:59:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bailet

I assume you forgot the daily server crashes?
Clotho tells ye, "did you hide the skellies this time?"
OM MESSAGE: Complaining the on-duty OM will only result in another flurry of eggs being sent out into the YPP world. Go #TeamPurple!
Dalnoth's Favorite Pirate
[Jun 2, 2012 10:39:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

I assume you forgot the daily server crashes?

no worries....like all other unforseen things...we will handle it as it comes up.... just temporary setbacks... like any other time we play the game.... :)

[Jun 4, 2012 12:08:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Palsjdaa

It's pity they dont sell santa hats in the middle of summer. Otherwise i could have worn this outfit:

(the pig is named as "Joulukinkku", which means Christmas ham in finnish.)
Laaden of the Hunter Emerald ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Palsjdaa at Jun 9, 2012 3:56:05 AM]
[Jun 9, 2012 3:55:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

It's pity they dont sell santa hats in the middle of summer.

i TRIED to get them to release santa hats for the duration of the event.. but they have a STRICT policy against releasing xmas items out of season.. however.... they finally agreed to magick up a dozen santa hats.. special... so the helpers on the event will each get to wear a special out of season item .... sounds like a small thing.. but it is VERY special that they are doing this for us :)

(if u see someone wearing a santa hat during the event... plz be sure to THANK THEM for helping) (and u never know.. they MAY have a stocking stuffer in their pocket)

[Jun 11, 2012 8:42:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

This event sounds like such fun! I think I will def. have to turn down any social activities that weekend :D I love Xmas in July! :D
Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Avvie by Tilinka!
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Jun 21, 2012 3:33:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
vinnie05

Daym.. i would congratulate in advance anyone who could sit down and puzzle, starin at a monitor and disconnect themselves from other activities for 3 straight days...

thats a crazy feat...

The event itself though is interesting and innovative...
~Wincent~
~Pirate, Puzzle, Poker, Purchase, Pay~
[Jun 22, 2012 4:44:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

This event sounds like such fun! I think I will def. have to turn down any social activities that weekend :D I love Xmas in July! :D

Yeah.. i started about 6 months ago... making sure all my family/friends know that im unavailable that weekend

[Jun 24, 2012 8:16:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Erics1

So the pirate with the most points/stays for the most LP's gets prizes?

Is there anything included to keep, say, botters from being allowed to win prizes?
Erics on all oceans

War is not about who's right, it's about who's left.

It is, and always will be "Sage".
[Jun 25, 2012 8:12:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

So the pirate with the most points/stays for the most LP's gets prizes?

Is there anything included to keep, say, botters from being allowed to win prizes?

not just the ones that stay the longest.. or get the highest points... there are over 400 other prizes along the way (ships and LE items and such included)... that will be given out for random reasons along the way also...

im not sure there is ever a perfect way to prevent cheating.. however... i would assume that anyone trying to just leave a bot onboard while they go sleep or whatever... would not be there for the SF... and of course.. anyone that str8lines in the fight.. will be planked... (unless of course they told me ahead of time they would be afk.. and i didnt replace them with a bot before the frey)

if anyone is aware of a definite way to prevent botting and such.... or to recognise them... or has any suggestions... id be happy to listen...

[Jun 27, 2012 2:50:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 43   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates