• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 93
Posts: 93   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10232 times and has 92 replies Next Thread
Cronk

2012 MLB Thread Reply to this Post

With pitchers and catchers reporting in less than a month, I think it is time to start a new thread.

Following up on a comment in the 2011 thread, I think the Reds got a GREAT deal signing Madson. I think he should outperform his contract.
----------------------------------------
Cronk
-Much better than you in every way.
[Jan 21, 2012 10:00:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Re: 2012 MLB Thread Reply to this Post

I just hope Latos works out. He goes from the biggest ball park where he had a 3.5 era last year to one of the smallest. I expect his era to jump a full run this year, I don't think he will work out because strikeout pitchers are almost doomed at Great American Ballpark. Cueto nearly lead the league in ERA, since he pitches for ground balls.
Captainrich
[Jan 21, 2012 3:41:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Just have to say, since the A's signed Billy Beane to a extension through 2019, shows their devotion to losing as many games as possible.
Captainrich
[Feb 8, 2012 9:09:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dexterbug

Baseball's not special enough to warrant seasonal threads. Especially when chunks of discussions from previous seasons would carry over onto current seasons.

If it swells, ride it!

[Feb 8, 2012 9:43:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

I got lazy on the search button from last year. Move to the actual thread?
Captainrich
[Feb 8, 2012 12:41:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JennyBrie

The Red Sox' new spring training facility rules. We are trying to get it all finished up within the next week. Crazy amount of work to be done though. Someone thought it would be a good idea to fly me home from Ft Myers 75+ degree weather back to 3-6" of snow expected this weekend.
[Feb 10, 2012 11:19:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

Sorry 'bout taking your closer. I have no idea what that was all about.

I am going stark raving mad without baseball. I see visitors to my work in Phillies things and I practically accost them with, "AHHHHHHHHHHH! ALMOST P&C!"

I think the NL East is a lot more competitive this year, and that should make it very fun to watch. (Even the Nationals are getting in on potential this year. ...Not the Mets, though.)

Someone want to explain Zambrano with the Marlins to me? I couldn't believe anyone wanted to sign him...
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Feb 10, 2012 3:24:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Ozzy does.

And yeah, Nats invested some money woo. Just slightly disappointed we blew up the top-end of our (this year's #1-rated) minor league system in trades.
[removed by SOPA]
[Feb 10, 2012 3:29:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Gio Gonzalez is a worth while trade. Very young, and is out of the A's which any player would be happy to leave that organization.

Someone want to explain Zambrano with the Marlins to me? I couldn't believe anyone wanted to sign him...

They actually traded a young but wild pitcher for him. His contract is 18mil this season, 15 of which the Cubs are paying. Personally I think Zambrano will bounce back and have a good season. Volstad probably was never going to work out. I for one do not see why the Marlins are getting away from their traditions. Yes they have money for the first time ever, but why not keep building the farm system like they always have? Instead they sign two players who are a complete waste of money, Mark Buehrle especially. Bell will be good for those years, but not worth that much money for a guy who pitches a inning every few days. Reyes I mainly see as a guy to help put people in the seats, granted they have another SS who will probably bounce back big this year.
Captainrich
[Feb 10, 2012 4:31:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Regretfully, I watched some more of Dan Le Batard's show today but holy shit it was worth it because Derek Holland was on there and he's hilarious. FF to 7:45 here.
[removed by SOPA]
[Feb 22, 2012 6:19:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

A lot of pitchers tend to have some pretty cool personalities. Take Brian Wilson for example..
Captainrich
[Feb 22, 2012 7:56:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

When I'm in the states in May, going to see my Phillies play. Got great seats too, Row 4, Section 116. I can't wait. Too bad its against the Nationals, but hey, I get to see Werth play too.
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Feb 26, 2012 6:54:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Who would you rather watch in the division? lol...
[removed by SOPA]
[Feb 26, 2012 7:03:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

When I'm in the states in May, going to see my Phillies play. Got great seats too, Row 4, Section 116. I can't wait. Too bad its against the Nationals, but hey, I get to see Werth play too.

Jealous.

What section? I've been on 3rd base line, 1st base line, right field lower (when we still had Werth), left field, and left field upper (by Harry the K's). There really isn't a bad place to sit. :D

To butt into the division question... I do enjoy watching the Braves lose to us. :P
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Feb 26, 2012 8:26:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

To butt into the division question... I do enjoy watching the Braves lose to us. :P
The Braves slipped my mind, but on paper and as of now, the Nats are looking like a pretty good team so going to see them shouldn't elicit an 'oh well...' reaction. :P
[removed by SOPA]
[Feb 26, 2012 9:15:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JennyBrie

Yesterday was the open house at the Red Sox's new JetBlue Park in Fort Myers. The team members look MUCH better this year. Lots have lost 10-20 pounds from last years weight and Bobby V is whipping them into shape. Should be a good year from the way things look so far this Spring.
[Feb 26, 2012 10:40:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Yesterday was the open house at the Red Sox's new JetBlue Park in Fort Myers. The team members look MUCH better this year. Lots have lost 10-20 pounds from last years weight and Bobby V is whipping them into shape. Should be a good year from the way things look so far this Spring.
Must be the locker room prohibition working.
[removed by SOPA]
[Feb 26, 2012 11:07:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

The Braves slipped my mind, but on paper and as of now, the Nats are looking like a pretty good team so going to see them shouldn't elicit an 'oh well...' reaction. :P

It wasn't an "oh, well," reaction, you were simply asking which teams I'd rather watch. I'm actually a little wary of the Nats right now, I think they could compete past midseason this year. But the powerhouses are us and the Braves. (I'm beginning to pity the Mets.) As for the Marlins - well, that's either a boom or a bust waiting to happen.
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Feb 26, 2012 11:12:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

It was in reference to Jana's post and the 'too bad it's against the Nats' comment. But yeah, I'm excited about this team.
[removed by SOPA]
[Feb 26, 2012 11:30:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

I think 85-79 for the Nats. They still need more. Maybe a little less than that.
Captainrich
[Feb 26, 2012 9:02:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ppplushies

Is this the year Colby Rasmus?
Kadazzle
[Feb 28, 2012 8:55:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Doubt it. If he gets better he is the type of guy to give you 20/80 and some good defense, not much else.
Captainrich
[Feb 28, 2012 10:17:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

Who would you rather watch in the division? lol...

I had been hoping to get tickets to see the Phils play Boston, since I'll be home in May. However those tickets were even more inflated in price, and somehow paying more for 4 tickets than I paid for my first car just doesn't seem right... *laughs*
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Feb 29, 2012 7:18:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Cronk

Pirates sign Andrew McCutchen to a 6 year $51.5M deal. When all is said and done, I think that is going to look like a steal for the Pirates. Good to see them doing something positive.
Cronk
[Mar 5, 2012 6:50:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Probably going to be bad for McCutchen however, the Pirates will be the same as last year.
Captainrich
[Mar 5, 2012 8:18:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

Hey, last year the Pirates were over .500 at the All-Star Break, which was really good for them.

I'd like to see the Pirates contend a little more, if only for the whole idea of "terrible team makes good".
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Mar 5, 2012 8:59:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

It probably won't happen. There will probably be a lot of teams taking steps back this year, the Pirates more than likely one of them. And I think taking a step back would be finishing with last years record.

Rays all the way this year.
Captainrich
[Mar 5, 2012 9:14:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cronk

Below are the 2012 wins over/unders. I like Cincinnati, Toronto, Miami and Atlanta over and Philadelphia, Kansas City and Seattle with the under. Predictions?

Arizona...................85
Atlanta....................85.5
Baltimore...............71
Boston....................88
Chicago NL...........73.5
Chicago AL............77
Cincinnati...............87
Cleveland...............76
Colorado................82.5
Detroit.....................94
Houston.................62.5
Kansas City...........78.5
Los Angeles AL.....89.5
Los Angeles NL.....81.5
Miami......................82.5
Milwaukee..............Off
Minnesota..............74
New York NL..........74.5
New York AL..........93
Oakland.................73
Philadelphia..........95.5
Pittsburgh..............73
San Diego..............71
San Francisco.......87.5
Seattle...................72.5
St. Louis.................87
Tampa Bay............87.5
Texas.....................93.5
Toronto..................81.5
Washington...........82
Cronk
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Cronk at Mar 13, 2012 7:42:57 AM]
[Mar 13, 2012 7:42:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

All seem about right. I would say this is probably going to start being the year Philly declines due to lack of offense and old age.
Captainrich
[Mar 13, 2012 11:22:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

So just because I want to.

AL MVP~Miguel Cabrera
NL MVP~Jay Bruce

AL Cy Young~Jeremy Hellickson
NL Cy Young~Erik Bedard

AL Rookie~Matt Moore
NL Rookie~Yonder Alonso

World Series Winners~Rays
Captainrich
[Apr 9, 2012 12:58:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 93   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates