• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 77
Posts: 77   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 18610 times and has 76 replies Next Thread
Clotho
OceanMaster

Re: Design Egg Furniture for the Game 2012 [Deadline February 29th] Reply to this Post

Update on the seeming seamless seams!

As long as the egg looks good when rendered we won't be too concerned about seams. The seamless thing is really just to make sure it doesn't have an unsightly seam running down the egg. If it can be rendered from a good angle it's fine.
*Updating OP
----------------------------------------
[Feb 22, 2012 4:32:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yngve6

Re: Design Egg Furniture for the Game 2012 [Deadline February 29th] Reply to this Post

Stumbled upon this today. Thought this might be fun for all our egg designers http://www.thebigegghunt.co.uk/
Great inspiration and good luck hunting :D
Inghild on Meridian
Yngve on Emerald
[Feb 23, 2012 4:30:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Update on the seeming seamless seams!

As long as the egg looks good when rendered we won't be too concerned about seams. The seamless thing is really just to make sure it doesn't have an unsightly seam running down the egg. If it can be rendered from a good angle it's fine.
*Updating OP

Thank you! According to my go-to-gal lots of people had been asking the same question, the clarification is much appreciated =D

I just had to be contrary and go and make an egg with seams on purpose....

Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Feb 23, 2012 12:40:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

To clarify on the seams: do try to make them seamless, that is always preferred and it is a factor on most designs. But the arrrtists won't be too concerned about an apparent seam on those designs that only have a specific view or where the design itself doesn't allow an apparent seamlessness. Hope I did not confuse you all more!
[Feb 23, 2012 1:13:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icy6575

I do believe the joke was in reference to the fact that the egg is "sewn" so there are clothing seams on it.
[Feb 24, 2012 8:36:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Indeed. The egg with seams is seamless (and easily done thanks to Adrielle's tutorial). I was just messing around with it while my head was twisting over seams on another egg.

I think Clotho was just elaborating on her earlier clarification, though.

What I get from that is that we should aim for seamless unless the design makes it impossible; and the wide seams are probably a grey area.
[Feb 24, 2012 12:27:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Indeed. The egg with seams is seamless (and easily done thanks to Adrielle's tutorial). I was just messing around with it while my head was twisting over seams on another egg.

I think Clotho was just elaborating on her earlier clarification, though.

What I get from that is that we should aim for seamless unless the design makes it impossible; and the wide seams are probably a grey area.

It seems that the seams sometimes don't seem seamless *giggles*
That is all correct, thank you for helping me clarify :)
[Feb 24, 2012 12:54:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
XEcastasy

The deadline is almost upon is and I'm already nervous :| I feel an ulcer coming on!
Ecastasy of ... Cerulean

[Feb 28, 2012 9:40:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

It has been very a very eggciting contest- I can't thank the volunteer renderers enough for their amazing support to all the participants!

Edit: I type gud, really!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Clotho at Feb 29, 2012 12:16:40 PM]
[Feb 29, 2012 11:11:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

It has been very a very eggciting contest- I can't thank the volunteer renderers enough for their amazing support to all the participants!

Hear hear!
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

Dexla drew it.
[Feb 29, 2012 12:08:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Hear hear!

Indeed! We've abused them mightily and they've worked so very hard without a word of complaint.

<3
[Feb 29, 2012 2:34:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Edit: I type gud, really!

No, thank you Clotho for keeping us from all cracking up......
then again, perhaps I've gone over the hen house just a bit.....
you see, I've become totally obsessed with eggs!

Lol, you can see that I've been laying a few eggs myself....once the idea of an OM-lette took hold, I just couldn't stop until I'd hatched them all!

So, hopefully you'll find the following egg-stremely yummy!

As Ecastacy would say, Order UP!!

larger image

larger image

..... and the whole clutch of eggs!

larger image
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
[Feb 29, 2012 6:28:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
XEcastasy

:O

You've out done yourself Grey!.... order up! :D

Good Luck to all those that entered! :D
Ecastasy of ... Cerulean

[Feb 29, 2012 11:16:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Many thanks to the egg-renderers and good luck everyone!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Mar 1, 2012 6:52:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Greylady, that OMelette looks delicious! I wonder what kind of mayhem all those OMs could create if placed in one spot like that? And thank you for the lovely eggatar :)

To all the renderers: I can't thank you enough for the yolk help you gave to all our participants, this contest will not be what it is without all of you!

To all the participants: Thank you for your creativity and participation. I'm enjoying all the entries and want one of each! Now... let the nail-biting begin, this contest is in judging! <suspenseful music>
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Clotho at Mar 2, 2012 9:46:20 AM]
[Mar 1, 2012 9:47:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Greylady, that OMelette looks delicious! I wonder what kind of mayhem all those OMs could create if placed in one spot like that?

Yikes! /me shudders at the very thought! :)

And thank you for the lovely eggatar :)

You're most welcome! Thank you for donning the yolk of egginess after our Sunny-side up OM flew the coop!

To all the participants: Thank you for your creativity and participation. I'm enjoying all the entries and want one of each! Now... let the nail-bitting begin, this contest is in judging! <suspenseful music>

Woohoo! And you know what that means?? People's Choice is just around the corner! Greyl'eggy will have the pleasure of eggs-ecuting the festivities as soon as the results of this contest are in. In the meantime, you may want to start thinking about your favorite eggs.

To help you in the eggs-ceptionally difficult dilemma of eggs-ercising restraint in identifying a mere five favorites from the 308 eggs-tremely lovely entries I've prepared a chart of this year's whole clutch of eggs.

For the elderly, nearsighted, and nearly blind among us, click here for the full-sized version.

Such a beautiful set of eggs! I don't envy the judges! This has been a stellar year of egg laying! Good luck all!

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
[Edit 1 times, last edit by CapnKkatz at Mar 2, 2012 12:07:10 AM]
[Mar 1, 2012 11:30:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Oh my, all eggs are beautiful!

Excluding my own designs, I love the following five designs:

Faeree #4 (Second of 9th row)
Ecstasy #5 (Last of 7th row)
Inghild #5 (Seventh of 12th row)
Phillite #1 (Eleventh of 15th row)
Adrielle #1 (Ninth of 1st row)
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Mar 2, 2012 11:07:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Nice choices....however, the People's Choice does not begin until AFTER this contest has been judged, and will have it's own thread. :)

[Mar 2, 2012 11:09:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Nice choices....however, the People's Choice does not begin until AFTER this contest has been judged, and will have it's own thread. :)

Oh Oops :p I am a first time egg'r. Excuse me :p
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Mar 2, 2012 11:49:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Oh Oops :p I am a first time egg'r. Excuse me :p

Lol, no problem mate! Love the enthusiasm!

[Mar 2, 2012 11:58:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

Thanks!!! =D
~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[Mar 2, 2012 3:44:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Re: Design Egg Furniture for the Game 2012 [Winners announced!] Reply to this Post

We have this year's winners!

Adrielle

Arghhpirate

Cayenne

Dexla

Etiquette

Faeree

Greylady

Herowena

Inghild

Silverdagger

Congratulations to all the winners! Please take note that these may not be the final rotations / angles. I don't have information yet on when these will be released, nor on which eggs will be available in the Palace Shoppe, what the prices will be, or which eggs will be events-only.

If you're not one of the winners picked this year, don't despair - there's always next year. And chances are that one of your eggs was somebody's favorite! Thank you everyone for participating, and thank you again to all the renderers- this event has been eggstraordinary!
[Mar 6, 2012 10:25:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
XEcastasy

Re: Design Egg Furniture for the Game 2012 [Winners announced!] Reply to this Post

Congrats to the winners. :)
Ecastasy of ... Cerulean

[Mar 6, 2012 10:34:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pn55406

Way to go winners! Congrats!
Blakbead of the Meridian
-----------------------------------------------------
Avatar brought to you by Cattrin
[Mar 6, 2012 11:04:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Amyrosee

Congrats to the winners! :)

Edit: i CAN NOT type T.T
Amyrosee
Sage ocean now to be Emerald.

Hera says, "Amyrosee = SCARY"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Amyrosee at Mar 7, 2012 12:25:51 AM]
[Mar 6, 2012 11:28:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

Congrats! And thanks! =D
~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[Mar 6, 2012 11:36:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Arghhpirate

Umg! Thanky! And grats everyone ;)
[Mar 7, 2012 12:03:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jippeh14

Grats everyoneee, beautiful eggies! ^.^
Oh, and a belated massive thank you to both Clotho and the lovely renderers - you guys are amazing <3
Jippy of Meridian
[Mar 7, 2012 12:08:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Agomic

Congrats everyone! I love all of them and definitely will buy Inghild's :D
Agomicc on Meridian

[Mar 7, 2012 12:50:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nh_agomic_disorder12 [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

My oh my! Three??? /me faints dead away! I promise, no Arrrtists were bribed in the selection of these eggies! A huge congrats to all of the winners! Can't wait to add them all (hopefully!) to my coll-egg-tion!

And .... watch out! The People's Choice will be here very soon!

[Mar 7, 2012 1:04:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 77   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates