• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 36
Posts: 36   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19778 times and has 35 replies Next Thread
Taicho_1337

How dead is this game? Reply to this Post

We all know this game is old and getting buried under the newer prettier mmos. I think the merge was a good move but I think they did it too late. Three rings was pretty dumb to have made so many oceans since players really need to rely on alot other players to do almost anything profitable and the game isnt even popular enough to fill oceans. So did the merge help? I'm thinking of playing again if it did.
----------------------------------------
Megalomaniac of Viridian
[Feb 8, 2012 3:34:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HellKitty1

Re: How dead is this game? Reply to this Post

You might get more replies to this if you post in Global Parley instead of the section for Yppedia related things. ;)
Hellkitty
Captain of Silver Dreams
SMH Addict
Hunter Ocean forever
Emerald Ocean and others
Hellkittyone on Obsidian
[Feb 8, 2012 4:20:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

The merge has certainly breathed new life into the wiki. We've had over five thousand edits already this month.
[Feb 8, 2012 4:31:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taicho_1337

what do you mean by edits?

oh just realised this is the wiki comunity forum...
Megalomaniac of Viridian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Taicho_1337 at Feb 8, 2012 5:08:39 AM]
[Feb 8, 2012 5:00:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Aye, that it is. =P
[Feb 8, 2012 1:34:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

We all know this game is old and getting buried under the newer prettier mmos. I think the merge was a good move but I think they did it too late. Three rings was pretty dumb to have made so many oceans since players really need to rely on alot other players to do almost anything profitable and the game isnt even popular enough to fill oceans. So did the merge help? I'm thinking of playing again if it did.

I'd say the merge did help the game, at least for the time being. Only time will tell how much more it helps once blockades go live at the end of the month.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Feb 8, 2012 2:10:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
LiquidatorJo

I believe it helped a TON
Noob Greeter asks "What's an Atlantis?"
[Feb 8, 2012 9:45:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

Emerald consistently hits 1.2k online at peak-hours. The merge /definitely/ helped. I was enjoying the game pre-merge, and I'm enjoying it even more post-merge.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Feb 9, 2012 4:39:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

I'd say the merge did help the game, at least for the time being. Only time will tell how much more it helps once blockades go live at the end of the month.

I'm thinking with this much activity without blockades, it can only help if there is some. It's probably going to be insane, I really can't wait.
Disengaged.

Dexade tells ye, "i m not talking to you and dont want your cookies!"
[Feb 9, 2012 11:17:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

I think this move prolongs the inevitable for maybe half a year. We'll have an initial blockading rush for March, then a lull once people realize the game is just the exact same except a few more people are added, then we'll get the usual summer rush, then back to square one. Plus, every ocean is unique, to varying degrees. Simply slapping together two distinct gaming cultures will probably create more frustration than anything.
[Feb 9, 2012 1:03:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

The merge has certainly breathed new life into the wiki. We've had over five thousand edits already this month.

I think I was at least 100 of those :(

(Love your sig Dis)

Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[Feb 9, 2012 2:49:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Karnisov

definitely the best metric for measuring the long term viability of the game as a whole. /sarcasm
Karnisov
flinging poo on the forums because its more fun than playing your broken game
[Feb 9, 2012 4:23:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Karnisov:
You might have missed the hints that this thread was originally posted in the wiki sub-forum. In that context, the reply is appropriate, as well as being a nudge to the OP that they should have put it elsewhere... say, right where it is now.

That's not the only thing the OP seems a bit confused about, either. He starts by declaring that "everyone" knows that the game is dead, that the move was too late and a dumb move, and then asks if people think it helped because he's thinking of playing this "dead" game again.
"So I heard it sucks. Everyone knows it sucks. Does it suck? 'Cause I might play it."
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Feb 9, 2012 4:38:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

Having lots of new folks is nice, even if they're really just more old folks. :P
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Feb 9, 2012 8:18:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

cmdrzoom wrote: 
You might have missed the hints that this thread was originally posted in the wiki sub-forum. In that context, the reply is appropriate, as well as being a nudge to the OP that they should have put it elsewhere... say, right where it is now.

Such is the downside of thread moving. On the right board, my post is cutting and practically dripping with irony. Over here, though, I just look confused. =P
[Feb 9, 2012 10:16:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
darkseid

you know what I think would help? if people didn't keep going around bitching about how it's dead and just talked about something else.
Darkseid, Cerulean.
Fleet Officer of Under the Black Flag.
[Feb 10, 2012 1:39:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

you know what I think would help? if people didn't keep going around bitching about how it's dead and just talked about something else.

Forgetting about issues. Well that is one way to make your problems go away.
Captainrich
[Feb 10, 2012 8:41:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
darkseid

whever said we forget? we just don't go around all doom and gloom leading to a mildly depressive playing atmosphere leading to old timers getting bored and wandering away and new players not wanting to stick around because apparently it's not going to be around for long.
Darkseid, Cerulean.
Fleet Officer of Under the Black Flag.
[Feb 11, 2012 5:08:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackarius23

This is only due to everybody changing what Ocean their pirate plays on. And in no way indicative of an actual increase of the games popularity.
Kork, Meridian
Jackarius, Cerulean

Cleaver is going to strangle all of you.

[Feb 11, 2012 9:00:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

whever said we forget? we just don't go around all doom and gloom leading to a mildly depressive playing atmosphere leading to old timers getting bored and wandering away and new players not wanting to stick around because apparently it's not going to be around for long.

New players not sticking around is more due to game mechanics although mean older players have something to do with it. Even with oceans who have a healthy atmosphere they still don't stay around.
Captainrich
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hillsmen at Feb 11, 2012 10:40:10 AM]
[Feb 11, 2012 10:39:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Jackarius23 wrote: 
This is only due to everybody changing what Ocean their pirate plays on. And in no way indicative of an actual increase of the games popularity.

No, this is due to the admins (and a few other hardy souls) having to mass-edit practically every article on the wiki. "Everybody", on the other hand, is paying about as much attention to their pirate/crew/flag articles as they usually do. Which is to say, none at all. Except for about ten or twenty people who actually have wandered in to do something.

What I'm trying to say is, you're missing my point. =P
[Feb 11, 2012 1:14:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PinGyp

No, this is due to the admins (and a few other hardy souls) having to mass-edit practically every article on the wiki. "Everybody", on the other hand, is paying about as much attention to their pirate/crew/flag articles as they usually do. Which is to say, none at all. Except for about ten or twenty people who actually have wandered in to do something.

What I'm trying to say is, you're missing my point. =P

As old as this bump is, global parley is too dead for it to matter anyway.

I'd like to inform you that I edited my info during the downtime! I like being up to date!

Pingster flag officer chats, "Crap"
Capy flag officer chats, "I saw my name.... what did i do?"

[Mar 9, 2012 11:51:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
whatthejish

Invigorated.
Dionysos, Cobalt and Obsidian
[Mar 10, 2012 7:23:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lilcracker

so when do we start making the thread to merge meridian with emerald? XD
Meridian - Minigun

Emerald - Nightbear
[Mar 16, 2012 4:32:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

And then there were 12.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Mar 21, 2012 5:51:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Gumptiongirl

*wipes away a tear*
:(
Surrptitious/ Slurppie - Cerulean

Feb Frenzy
Feb Frenzy 2.0
[Mar 26, 2012 11:41:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://gumptiongirl.deviantart.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Well merging with Malachite hardly helped. The population went from 700 to 800 and there is less blockades than before.
Captainrich
[Mar 27, 2012 2:07:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

Well merging with Malachite hardly helped. The population went from 700 to 800 and there is less blockades than before.

More like 800 to 802.
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Mar 28, 2012 2:09:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Courtesy of the PPAT. It would appear that the population difference between population since merge and what it was this time last year shows slight improvement. Maybe not 2, but maybe not 100 either :P
[Mar 28, 2012 3:43:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

Kind of depressing to look at, to be honest.

EDIT: Do one of Emerald! :D :D
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by elfeesh at Mar 28, 2012 3:46:21 AM]
[Mar 28, 2012 3:45:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 36   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates