• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 926
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 138710 times and has 925 replies Next Thread
wrs1864b

Re: United Oceans Discussion Reply to this Post

On the other hand, the gold trophies became significantly easier to get when they replaced ore with nuggets.

Only the first gold trophy was made easier, all the rest were rescaled so they were just as hard. So, this actually gives support to the idea that the memorization trophies should be rescaled.

As far as memorization only getting portrait items instead of better stuff, back when they were added, portrait items were the best you could have. I do agree that trophies would be nice.
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 25, 2012 4:53:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perambulator

I for one am looking forward to this. It's very difficult to even fill a sloop on Midnight at the moment during the day and early evening (in the UK) so hopefully this will make more pirates available to puzzle!
Perambulator

Captain of Sharpened Spokes
King of Perambulation
Cerulean Ocean
[Jan 25, 2012 4:56:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

So, now that we have a merge date, any word on whether there'll be any special portrait opportunities the day before (for portraits aboard the "Last day of Sage" or some such) or after (for portraits aboard the "First day of Emerald" etc)?

Age is a standard fish name. I made the Cobalt Age on Cobalt for folks to get portraits. I would suggest doing the same on other oceans - our very own portrait ships.

I was actually going to petition sometime in the next week to see if the OMs will grab the Cobalt Age and stick it on the Event board or something like that.
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean
[Jan 25, 2012 6:39:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
deltaruler

6mths to fully mem an ocean certainly isnt a very long time and i'm sure it can be done sooner for more committed memmers.. just wanna add that i couldnt have been able to do it if not for the help of many who charted me on those routes with unbuyable charts

lol, i have memmed the Sage mainly in 4 weeks, now i'll try to have the Hunter part in 6 weeks max. I hope there will be some to chart for me too as i am offering the same...
GULFipedia:
"Real life made me to respect people in games faster. Games made me to mute people in real life easier."
[Jan 25, 2012 9:34:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Greyhavens

I am coming at this from the perspective that any longstanding goal requiring a fixed, historically-constant amount of effort should not suddenly change

There is some precedent on this - The requirements for Trophies relating to multiple ults increased for new puzzles coming in each time. On the other hand, the gold trophies became significantly easier to get when they replaced ore with nuggets.

It's a fair point about the cumulative Ult trophies being a moving target. The difference that I see in this case, though, is that even if you're only one Ult away from Ult Pirate/Carouser/Crafter/Ults when they release a new puzzle that adds to your requirements, at least you still get the individual Ult trophies while you work toward the cumulative trophy goal(s), and the requirements for those individual Ult trophies remain unchanged even though the cumulative trophies are now harder.

The concept of retaining the intermediate goal requirements is another way of describing what I'm hoping for.
Cirdan of Silver Dreams
Trinket Junkie of Hunter Emerald

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Greyhavens at Jan 25, 2012 10:07:33 AM]
[Jan 25, 2012 10:05:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zeplin411

I am excited about the merger date being set, but I am concerned with the existing bugs. I was logging on daily to test what ever came to mind and check to see what bugs have been fixed. This is from the announcement post:

# Fixed missing bid tickets.
# Various issues related to -East/-West names: can now transfer supplies, rename dummies, complain them, and add as managers.
# Crew and flag fame will be carried over and calculated correctly.

Has anyone been able to verify that this has been fixed?

Also too, what about the bug I reported related to delivering ships that have been abandoned? Some of them were not removed from the completed order list when delivered and some were not able to be delivered. The undeliverable ones would be removed from the completed orders list but I would not get the message saying I own the ship or see it in the docks. Yes, I reported this in game.

I would like to see them put up the test ocean one more time just to verify all the bugs have been taken care of.
Miget
Captain of Sealords Armada
Queen of Imperial Rednecks

Castor tells ye, "Ahoy mate. Did ye want the name "Awesome"? (That will run ye 12 shanghais)
A drunk moment with a flaggie saying "awesome"
[Jan 25, 2012 10:17:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wiserytoo

When a pirate name is changed ....due to the ocean merge, either automatically or with the free rename, will his name also automatically change on his hearty's lists, or is he going to have to rehearty them?
Hope this makes sense, hard to word it clearly.
[Jan 25, 2012 12:52:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

When a pirate name is changed ....will his name also automatically change on his hearty's lists,

Hearty lists are saved on the server, so they will be updated. The same thing goes for crews/flags. Your mute list, however, is saved on your computer, so they won't be.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 25, 2012 1:02:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mouse2cat

I want to pipe in on the memming portrait item issue. Unlike many of you crazy fast peeps I have been memming Hunter at a very slow rate. I am a five year YPP veteran and I have a sextant. I hate leading pillys so I acquire maps rarely. It's a pain in the butt and one of my big goals, one that I have been chipping away at. Let's just saw I don't feel like I have a chance at a globe in the combined ocean.

What if we created some new portrait items for memming the whole combined oceans. And a regular globe for finishing up my Hunter half... It shouldn't be that big a deal but it matters to me.

And BTW normal not-rich pirates buy portraits too. It's fun and they always have those new backgrounds. Dnavi is the most wonderful unique puzzle in this game and we always get shafted. Nobody wants a dnaver you got to gem run by yourself or simply buy rum and sail around. Le Sigh.
Crabcake on Emerald and Obsidian
Current avatar by Kolibri
[Jan 25, 2012 1:32:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.skoonberg.com [Link]  Go to top 
Marybooty

I know that there have been multiple posts about getting a suffix on your name when the oceans merge, but is there any way to bend this 'inactive for two years' thing?

There's a "Dre" on Cobalt who hasn't logged in since last summer which is under the two year mark. If he never logs in again I am still losing my name which sucks. If and when the original name DOES go inactive, will there be a way for ME to grab the name "Dre" before anyone else does or does it automatically go back in the pool of names that anyone just signing up can get?

I'm completely bummed that I'm going to lose my name that I've had for five years. I would think that hours logged into the game should count towards keeping your name as well as how long you've had the pirate. The 'other' Dre seems to only be a few months older than my Dre...

Will I be able to save my free rename for as long as I want? The only way I'd use it is to rename "Dre-East" back to Dre...

- Dre
Midnight
[Jan 26, 2012 10:47:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clarence11

Re: United Oceans Discussion - Meridian was up for a bit Reply to this Post

23:21:37] Thank ye again for helping to unite our oceans! I have placed a Frozen Malachite Banner in with yer Miscellaneous booty as a token of my appreciation. Yours truly, - Velasco Thorsson, Intrepid Explorer

[23:23:37] Ye shatter the ice and unfurl a chart and a proud Malachite Banner.
[23:23:37] Ye have received one Chart from Olin's Brow to Ichor Island (10 leagues) as part of yer reward!
[23:23:38] Ye have been awarded the Malachite Banner!

yay :D

Then I was kicked off Meridian
You can see the trophy here:
clarence's trophy collection
Clarence of Malachite and Formerly Crimson /e sobs

Looking for the action
[Jan 31, 2012 2:33:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Boarslayer

You were actually able to log on at one point? From http://www.puzzlepirates.com/status.xhtml , it seems that a few are on. Be that Ocean Masters or Pirates, I have no clue.
Meridian (Viridian):

Boarslayer

My amazing likeness by Velternal :)
[Jan 31, 2012 2:40:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

23:21:37] Thank ye again for helping to unite our oceans! I have placed a Frozen Malachite Banner in with yer Miscellaneous booty as a token of my appreciation. Yours truly, - Velasco Thorsson, Intrepid Explorer

[23:23:37] Ye have received one Chart from Olin's Brow to Ichor Island (10 leagues) as part of yer reward!

Very cool =D
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Jan 31, 2012 2:42:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Auntyjemima

Wee :D

Nortoneer says, "Kitty.."
Nortoneer says, "How do you think yer kitten would do at sails?"
Hellkitty says, "he'd probably purr-fur rigs"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Auntyjemima at Jan 31, 2012 3:01:20 PM]
[Jan 31, 2012 2:57:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

Minor Beef - On the ocean selection screen it should say "Subscriber Ocean", not "oceans".
[Jan 31, 2012 3:13:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Masterlockex

I know that there have been multiple posts about getting a suffix on your name when the oceans merge, but is there any way to bend this 'inactive for two years' thing?

There's a "Dre" on Cobalt who hasn't logged in since last summer which is under the two year mark. If he never logs in again I am still losing my name which sucks. If and when the original name DOES go inactive, will there be a way for ME to grab the name "Dre" before anyone else does or does it automatically go back in the pool of names that anyone just signing up can get?

I'm completely bummed that I'm going to lose my name that I've had for five years. I would think that hours logged into the game should count towards keeping your name as well as how long you've had the pirate. The 'other' Dre seems to only be a few months older than my Dre...

Will I be able to save my free rename for as long as I want? The only way I'd use it is to rename "Dre-East" back to Dre...

- Dre
Midnight

If you have had the name Dre for 5 years on your ocean, i think the only way you would have to change your name is if the other Dre has their name for more then 5 years, if the other Dre only made their name, lets say 3 years or so ago, then you will get the name whether they are active or not.
Captain of Proof
Prince of Chocolate Coated
Proof of Proof
Prince of Just The Tip
Godmother on Ventrilo
[Jan 31, 2012 3:38:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Minor Beef - On the ocean selection screen it should say "Subscriber Ocean", not "oceans".
Whilst we're pointing out some things that need fixing, there seems to be something broken when you click on Mala flags on the flag fame list.
Anchovia
[Jan 31, 2012 3:55:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
legoking1235

Meridian has been "Ok" on the status page for a few hours now so I am assuming that it is stable. I am running my game through Steam and mine just updated so hopefully that is a good sign....

Cephalopod greeter chats, "I think... I think I might cry"

Gaea says, "I'm in yer ship, makin typos in yer rename."

[Jan 31, 2012 4:18:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rowilliams

Whilst we're pointing out some things that need fixing, there seems to be something broken when you click on Mala flags on the flag fame list.

We also need new links to theblockade history pages on the yppedia for Emerald, Meridian, and Cerulean....
Daxyy and Daxy on Emerald
If u wanna know where I'm from look it up...
Stalker of too many forums...
And now part of the action too...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by rowilliams at Jan 31, 2012 5:54:52 PM]
[Jan 31, 2012 5:51:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

We need a lot on the wiki. Necessary edits number in the thousands. Feel free to pitch in. That said, I probably would have forgotten the front page altogether, so thanks for the reminder.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Belthazar451 at Jan 31, 2012 6:01:40 PM]
[Jan 31, 2012 5:57:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Oineedatan

mute lists didn't transfer :(
____
oineedatan.viridian.
ts.viridian.
[Jan 31, 2012 7:32:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Yeah, that's been raised a few times. Mute lists are stored clientside, not serverside.
[Jan 31, 2012 8:30:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

Aphrodite in an announcement post wrote: 
Welcome to the new oceans! I hope you are all enjoying the vast, new seas. Alas, we realize yer first day was interrupted by some troubles. Most of those have been resolved now, and the developers are tracking down and squashing the remaining bugs.

I have some good news for all of you who were not able to get your piracy time over the last two days. To make up for the downtime of the merge, as well as the unsafe seas of Wednesday, we're offering the following:

*Double brigand/barbarian payouts through the weekend! This will end Monday at 10AM game time.
*Two days will be added to all badges. This will be credited after the reboot tomorrow morning.
*Two days will be added to all current subscriptions. This is being applied by the billing squid as I type!

We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced over the last 2 days, and thank you for being patient and supportive!

Pretty nice, especially the double payouts. I hope this helps folks who have been complaining the last two days feel better!
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean
[Feb 2, 2012 11:30:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Pretty nice, especially the double payouts. I hope this helps folks who have been complaining the last two days feel better!

Here here! I know that the bugs and problems over the past couple of days haven't really bothered me, but I'm glad they are willing to offer such nice compensation for those that it did impact.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Feb 2, 2012 11:32:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Judiciousman

I don't know if they announced this somewhere, but was there a post stating when blockades are being reopened?
Wirelesscon, Wirelessconn - Emerald
Wirelesscon - Meridian

Causing 87 comment facebook wars like it's my job.
Melany tells ye, "I secretly like you"
Daquan tells ye, "hi bby how are you <3333"
[Feb 2, 2012 2:36:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perambulator

I don't know if they announced this somewhere, but was there a post stating when blockades are being reopened?

In 4 weeks.
Perambulator

Captain of Sharpened Spokes
King of Perambulation
Cerulean Ocean
[Feb 2, 2012 3:21:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates