• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 18
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
This topic has been viewed 5077 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
Dexla

Umm... Do you have a permit for that? (WINNERS POSTED!) Reply to this Post

A little art contest for no particular reason!

Upon wandering about Viridian...

PirateA tells you, "Excuse me, but you're standing in my spot on the dock."
Dexla tells PirateA, "Oh? I'm sorry. I didn't realize..."
PirateA tells you, "Yes. I have a permit from the governor of this island (see?) to stand here every day between the hours of 3 to 6 pm."

So I hop on over to the noticeboard to apply for a job to CI. And I wait. And I wait some more.

CInavver tells you, "I'm sorry, you don't have the proper papers to be hired for my CI trip. You'll have to go to the main office and fill out form 3265422943-A in triplicate, then return here with the authorized yellow copy and..."

Oh, never mind then. I'll just go out on a pillage. As I watch the navver bump into rocks and take shots from the brigands broadside...

Dexla tells Navver, "Do you have a license to navigate this ship?"

So, I was wondering, do YOU have the proper permit to walk that alligator in public? Or a special license to claim guns upon boarding a ship? Don't get me started on bilge stations during blockades.

DRAW A PERMIT, LICENSE, OR SOME OTHER OFFICIAL LOOKING DOCUMENT, which grants you the permission to do whatever it is you wish to do in game! I'm looking for a lot of humour, exceptional graphic design, and a relationship to something YPP related... after all, this needs to look OFFICIAL enough to fool the officials!

da rulz:
- Original artwork only! With the exception of fonts, all of it should be drawn and created by you. This includes self-portraits if your official document requires one. No screenies or borrowed thingies from the internet!
- One entry per person.
- General forum rules apply. Language and subject matter should be suitable for forums.
- Images should be uploaded and hosted by a photo-hosting site of your choice and included in your entry post using image tags. How to post an image.
- Images should be no larger than 600 x 600 pixels in jpg or png format. No animated gifs. That's not very realistic, now is it. If necessary, you can include a link to a larger image.
- You may draw your permit/license/document in any medium you wish. Computer or hand-drawn is fine.
- Entries must be in English, or have a full translation included with your posted image.
- Entrants from other oceans are welcomed to enter, but I will only be providing prizes ON VIRIDIAN.

DEADLINE: 12:00 NOON game time Feb 6, 2012.
ENTRY THREAD LINK
Entries posted in any place other than that thread will be be ignored.
REMEMBER TO INCLUDE YOUR PIRATE NAME AND OCEAN WITH YOUR ENTRY!

PRIZES! YAY Prizes!
1st place: an Official Permit (renamed sloop!) and a license to operate it (a wrapped officer badge).
2nd place: an unnamed pet pig and a permit to forage for truffles (a wrapped labour badge)
3rd place: a drinking table and proof that you are of legal pirate age to consume rum (a wrapped parlor badge)

Any questions? Please post in this thread! Most of all... HAVE FUN!

----------------------------------------
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Dexla at Feb 13, 2012 7:23:40 AM]
[Jan 23, 2012 6:14:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zfuzzy

Re: Umm... Do you have a permit for that? (Art contest! Ends noon, Feb 6th) Reply to this Post

:) Will get started on this soon! Can't wait to see what people come up with!
Mrodd of Viridian :)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Zfuzzy at Jan 24, 2012 6:50:59 AM]
[Jan 24, 2012 6:36:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

Re: Umm... Do you have a permit for that? (Art contest! Ends noon, Feb 6th) Reply to this Post

I almost didn't see this dex >.> so discrete
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian

Message from Team Evil: Fine, we'll pass the petition along to Hera for you even though you're pro-Team Purple, but we refuse to be happy about it! #TeamEvilisAWESOME
[Jan 24, 2012 12:16:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

LOL! I just posted it last night Music and began spamming it advertising with small, but lucrative tournaments, this morning O.o

I debated posting in Global events (since it's open to all!) but I'm cutting the OMs some slack by doing my own prize deliveries this time and that's where I got lazy and decided to only post it "in the appropriate ocean forum". I suppose I could/should go post it in Malachite Events too though... done!

It was also a quickie last minute idea because it's too quiet and I can't wait until.... nevermind....

Tell your friends! And then get drawing!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dexla at Jan 24, 2012 12:53:23 PM]
[Jan 24, 2012 12:31:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

Hmmm.. it never occurred to me I'm not a LISCENCED musicologist... I oughta fix that ;P
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian

Message from Team Evil: Fine, we'll pass the petition along to Hera for you even though you're pro-Team Purple, but we refuse to be happy about it! #TeamEvilisAWESOME
[Jan 24, 2012 5:10:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Ill start it as soon as i come back from vacations x) Sounds really interesting heh ^^
-add imagination time here-

Yumisa World Wide ;)
10 years in, still here, baby.
Can't find me? Im on Instagram!
[Jan 26, 2012 7:33:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Withouthope2

Im guessing theres no way to get the prize on Emerald?
My name Is PercyJackson. Beware the sea.
[Jan 30, 2012 6:40:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Im guessing theres no way to get the prize on Emerald?

Sorry. "Meridian" delivery only.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Jan 31, 2012 7:53:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Reddress

nice event ^^
i soon upload my creation, which will lack any intention to win (since i'm using paint), but i have only question - what officials do i need to fool?
[Jan 31, 2012 1:56:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tallestzena

Are we allowed to put the puzzle pirates logo in the license by copy and pasting from the internet? It'd technically a font...
[Jan 31, 2012 2:26:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pn55406

There, my winning permit is up!
Blakbead of the Meridian
-----------------------------------------------------
Avatar brought to you by Cattrin
[Edit 1 times, last edit by pn55406 at Jan 31, 2012 4:48:52 PM]
[Jan 31, 2012 4:33:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

what officials do i need to fool?

The OFFICIAL officials, of course! I'm sure they'll show you their official badge as proof...

Are we allowed to put the puzzle pirates logo in the license by copy and pasting from the internet? It'd technically a font...

Technically a logo is considered art, even if it includes type. And since it's not created by you, then it's not considered original art, and would fall under the "No screenies or borrowed thingies from the internet!" rule. If you take your best shot at recreating it, then I WOULD approve of that!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Jan 31, 2012 4:51:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Re: Umm... Do you have a permit for that? (IN JUDGING!) Reply to this Post

Without further delay, I have official results!!

1st through 3rd place winners will each receive a very official looking badge (rimmed star pin trinkets) to granting them permission to perform the tasks which they specified in their entries!

1st place: Capearl wins the "Official Permit" (renamed sloop!) and a license to operate it (a wrapped officer badge). The ship may have had a few little upgrades made to it while it was waiting at port ;)

2nd place: Etiquette wins an unnamed pet pig and a permit to forage for truffles (a wrapped labour badge)

3rd place: Blakbead wins a drinking table and proof that you are of legal pirate age to consume rum (a wrapped parlor badge)

The following honorable mentions will receive the proper documents (scroll trinkets) to officially grant them permission to perform the tasks which they specified in their entries:
Marisopel-East
Mrodd
Sopitass
Superluki

I'll be stalking looking for you to deliver your prizes, but it would help if you did the same--- feel free to poke me if I don't spot you first! I'm usually on in the evenings after 6pm game time for a couple of hours. If that time is not convenient, shoot me a PM and we can make arrangements!

Many thanks to everyone who entered! Most importantly, I hope you officially had fun!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Feb 13, 2012 7:22:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guayabo

yeah! i'm officialy and Old Salt :D

now, congratz to the winners!

good event. hoping to see more anytime soon :)
I live under your bed. I feed on your nightmares.
[Feb 13, 2012 8:11:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pn55406

Winning!!!

There's nothing better than rum mixed with gunpowder! Yar!

Thanks for the fun bout , and felicitation to all you beautiful mates!

Cheers,
Blakbead

Billions of blue blistering barnacles !
P.s. I stumble about the docks as the day lingers on, but currently I am a bit buzzy in the head and not fit to stumble.

(I will try to be on same as you.)
Blakbead of the Meridian
-----------------------------------------------------
Avatar brought to you by Cattrin
[Edit 1 times, last edit by pn55406 at Feb 13, 2012 8:36:37 AM]
[Feb 13, 2012 8:31:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
karatekitty1

!! Yay !!
This contest was so fun! Thanks for providing us the opportunity to participate! I can't wait to sail the seas in god mode >:D. I'll try to get on tonight around 9ish pirate time if all goes according to plan.. :DDD

thanks again!
<3<3<3!:D:D
Greenie says, "how do i help orginiz blokeges"
[Feb 13, 2012 2:47:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
iPartyHard

Congratulations to all the winners and honorable mentions! :]
Thank you so much for the fun contest :D <3
I'll be stalking you later~
Etiquette on Meridian.
[Feb 13, 2012 3:32:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zfuzzy

Amazing job to every one, especially the winners <3
Mrodd of Viridian :)
[Feb 13, 2012 4:01:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates