• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 62
Posts: 62   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10593 times and has 61 replies Next Thread
Tangosueno

Re: Meridian: What can we expect?

He's just being nice. Malachite flags are totally getting dumped on.

And now back to normal Viridian parley.
----------------------------------------
Tangosueno in the Meridian~~
Gallo says, "I barely ever have to move it myself anymore"

[Dec 28, 2011 5:26:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Maybe you should just go back to Malachite and build some more cutters to resist the imminent invasion.
[removed by SOPA]
[Dec 28, 2011 5:40:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tangosueno

Maybe you should just go back to Malachite and build some more cutters to resist the imminent invasion.

Nah, I hate cutters.

[Dec 28, 2011 5:41:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Longship, perhaps? You'll only need 20 of those to sink one of our mighty war frigs.
[removed by SOPA]
[Dec 28, 2011 5:42:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tangosueno

Longship, perhaps? You'll only need 20 of those to sink one of our mighty war frigs.

If your best troll line is "Go and build some cutters...or...or maybe some longships too...cuz we haz WAR FRIGS." You'll have to do better after the merge.
I look forward to seeing you in parley. ;)

[Dec 28, 2011 5:45:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

But we do have some strong flags that won't take that kind of barnacle from anyone and who will fight for their islands.
We do?
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Dec 28, 2011 5:52:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tangosueno

But we do have some strong flags that won't take that kind of barnacle from anyone and who will fight for their islands.
We do?

Maybe one....or two?

Strong flags, with cutters. Yes...oh and longships too.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Tangosueno at Dec 28, 2011 5:55:23 PM]
[Dec 28, 2011 5:53:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Few of the posts that were claiming domination were serious, it was just fun times playing along with it since you took it so seriously. But if you're that easy, then yes, I look forward to it as well. No ill intent, but I couldn't resist.

Aethonx nailed it on the head, really. Unless some of Malachite's islands become much more attractive as a result of the merge (meaning they're on/close to an interocean route; even more so if the palace/fort has a monopoly on rum/shot), I can't see them being any more attractive as a target than any existing target on Viridian and even less so if they're so far that moving a fleet becomes an even bigger nuisance. I think it would also be a bit more attractive to open some of Lacerta's mediums to player governing. It's open to abuse (100% taxes on the dozens of stalls on each island) but I think the player-base would police that.
[removed by SOPA]
[Dec 28, 2011 5:56:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

I guess SMD would fight. I'm not sure how well-connected Argosy still is with KO... But I must really be out of the loop if any island-holding flag would be able to hold an island from a viridian flag who really wants it. I don't think that the viridianites WILL storm in a steal all the islands. I just know that they could.
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Dec 28, 2011 5:57:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tangosueno

Few of the posts that were claiming domination were serious, it was just fun times playing along with it since you took it so seriously. But if you're that easy, then yes, I look forward to it as well. No ill intent, but I couldn't resist.

Aethonx nailed it on the head, really. Unless some of Malachite's islands become much more attractive as a result of the merge (meaning they're on/close to an interocean route; even more so if the palace/fort has a monopoly on rum/shot), I can't see them being any more attractive as a target than any existing target on Viridian and even less so if they're so far that moving a fleet becomes an even bigger nuisance. I think it would also be a bit more attractive to open some of Lacerta's mediums to player governing. It's open to abuse (100% taxes on the dozens of stalls on each island) but I think the player-base would police that.

Just for that I'm going to ram sink you with my Cutter.

I had fun playing too. Who said I was serious? You kinda made it pretty obvious that you weren't. *Pats*

I'm glad you agree.

I guess SMD would fight. I'm not sure how well-connected Argosy still is with KO... But I must really be out of the loop if any island-holding flag would be able to hold an island from a viridian flag who really wants it. I don't think that the viridianites WILL storm in a steal all the islands. I just know that they could.

Yes, SMD would fight for their islands (or a specific island). I believe Argosy is still connected with KO, though I'm not positive, so they would fight for theirs.
I believe if FIB/BD still had an Island they would fight for it, I'm just not sure how well they would or what their support looks like now from other oceans. I'm assuming they will cade again.

[Edit 3 times, last edit by Tangosueno at Dec 28, 2011 6:20:05 PM]
[Dec 28, 2011 6:06:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stayclassy

I vote Cabin bring back TP. nuff said
Nopolitics
[Dec 28, 2011 8:18:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

You should talk to the other former royals about that. I didn't do anything, really.
[removed by SOPA]
[Dec 28, 2011 8:28:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stayclassy

You should talk to the other former royals about that. I didn't do anything, really.

Still got a chance. Awesome
Nopolitics
[Dec 28, 2011 8:41:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Bickering back and forth between oceans is annoying. To me personally, it really isn't that big of deal. We have a 200 person population spike, hence why nobody really gives a shit about Malachite blockaders because it really isn't that big of change. You add in a few new blockading flags, big change.

Malachite players think were all asses because we couldn't care what they do because it isn't a big difference and that not giving a shit results in them believing we think we will easily crush them.

Either way, Malachite is going to adapt to Viridian more than Viridian will adapt to Malachite. Or not at all if you just sit on your side of the ocean(or one arch) because you can't be arsed to do anything like me.
Captainrich
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hillsmen at Dec 28, 2011 9:14:54 PM]
[Dec 28, 2011 9:14:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hunni5

Just for that I'm going to ram sink you with my Cutter.

Hi Tango! <3
Fionae
Meridian!
Eating everyone's pie since 2005
[Dec 30, 2011 10:28:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the_rock99

I vote Cabin bring back TP. nuff said

EA beating Steams DRM is more believable than TP coming back.

I'm not sure what we can expect from the merge. If Viridian players keep playing the way they have with 9999 a segment blockades, using poor excuses to raise pay and all the rest of the stuff that goes along with "fair" blockades, then yeah. Nothing much will change.

Hope you Mala kids are ready.. We've got level 100 passive/aggressive communication on this ocean.
Greatness.
Better than you.
[Dec 31, 2011 2:39:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Just read up on this merge have to say the idea of it interests me but wether or not anything of interest actually happens depends entirely on us, i'll be keeping an eye out either way and hoping it does kickstart some blockading action and maybe even interest me enough to get involved in some capacity.
A Confirmed Basterd, Antix
Of Guerrilla Warfare 2018 fame

[Jan 1, 2012 1:13:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

I don't expect anything out of Malachite + Viridian. Two pieces of stale bread don't make a good sammich.

They would make okay toast, though...
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Jan 2, 2012 2:46:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Abandonment

I don't expect anything out of Malachite + Viridian. Two pieces of stale bread don't make a good sammich.

They would make okay toast, though...

Are you suggesting we burn both oceans? Or perhaps find some appropriate cheese and recreate your sideways toaster wizardry?
Priapus/Guantanamo
[Jan 2, 2012 3:20:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stayclassy

I like toast
Nopolitics
[Jan 2, 2012 5:13:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Justinmickey

I like toasthats

Modern, Emerald.
Spam, Meridian.
[Jan 3, 2012 12:48:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stayclassy

I like toasthats

True
Nopolitics
[Jan 3, 2012 6:57:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kruiser1

This is actually means more blockades. Each pirate will soon have a SH at least or a serpant.

Good Game.
Looking forward to start new. OM's are a bit grumpy.

-Epic poker & TD player.
[Jan 12, 2012 6:23:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
declantier

This is actually means more blockades. Each pirate will soon have a SH at least or a serpant.

Good Game.

when can we expect the book on this phenomenon?
Noeyedblack
[Jan 13, 2012 6:02:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kruiser1

Dude noeyed. Weren't you in my hearties list??
Looking forward to start new. OM's are a bit grumpy.

-Epic poker & TD player.
[Jan 13, 2012 11:37:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

I just realized what his avatar is, and now want it.
Captainrich
[Jan 13, 2012 11:44:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
declantier

Dude noeyed. Weren't you in my hearties list??

It is a definite possibility. I don't know who you are nor is the fact you being my hearty going to change my interest in your investigations into the newly merged oceans in regards to the ownership of a serpent, or 'serpant' as you elegantly put it, and a seahorse to every pirate. This seems like a very intellectual discussion and I am eagerly awaiting your publication.

I just realized what his avatar is, and now want it.

Mine? Perhaps this one may be relevant to your interests. http://img1.tvloop.com/img/showpics/a6/51/l34786bb90000_1_25820.jpg

edit: inb4 white knight who doesn't watch south park
Noeyedblack
[Edit 1 times, last edit by declantier at Jan 13, 2012 7:02:28 PM]
[Jan 13, 2012 7:00:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Mine? Perhaps this one may be relevant to your interests. http://img1.tvloop.com/img/showpics/a6/51/l34786bb90000_1_25820.jpg edit: inb4 white knight who doesn't watch south park

Oh my god. As a huge South Park fan, you have tickled my South Park erection.
Captainrich
[Jan 14, 2012 9:01:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

I was just poking around on the Meridian map, looking at it from the merchant's perspective.

It looks like Stormy Fell is going to be a *VERY* easy place to be a merchant.

Merchant bots only spawn on uncolonized islands and Malachite has about 37 of those, while Viridian only as about 17. Once these two oceans merge, about half the commodities will spawn on the Malachite side, so for most of the Viridian side, merchants can expect greatly reduced commodity spawns, both from their local markets and from merchant bots.

For Malachite merchants, they will see their spawns greatly increase. However, the merchant bot spawns on the Malachite side will now start traveling to the Viridian side.

The closest island to a large percentage of the uncolonized islands on the Malachite side is Stormy Fell, closer than even the islands on Malachite. A very large percentage of those merchant bots that spawn on the Malachite side and head to the commodity starved merchants on the Viridian side will have to sail right past Stormy Fell. Those bulky commodiites (wood, cane, hemp) that are such a pain for players to ship will be very easy to pick up on Stormy.

Stormy Fell is also the closest medium/large island to the new inter-ocean routes, and those routes should pay out very very well, better than any route on the Viridian side. Zuyua Mist on Malachite is slightly closer, but it is just an outpost, so pillaging supplies will probably be more expensive and available in lower quantities.

It is unlikely that OOO will open up a large number of new islands, so Stormy Fell should remain a great island to be a merchant on for years to come.

Note: I don't play on Viridian much anymore, I don't have a bone to pick about islands on Meridian. I'm not publishing my merchant analysis for Cerulean. ;-)
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 15, 2012 7:57:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MikeBerry

Has anyone actually found an inter-ocean chart yet? I have spent a little time pillaging in Onyx on Meridian, but so far have failed to get a chart. Do we know for certain that Stormy Fell is at one end of one? It does seem likely from what I can see.
Moggle
[Jan 15, 2012 2:33:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 62   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates