• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 138
Posts: 138   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 23605 times and has 137 replies Next Thread
anchovygirl

Re: Meridian Testing Discussion Reply to this Post

If you rename your pirate, you get removed from places you were roommate in. Oh and if someone takes your original name, they end up being roommates. By the way, whoever stole Anchovia, at least act like me. ):

Also, the black boxes need fixing a little. Someone of the words for the items appear on two rows like:

Potio
n
----------------------------------------
Anchovia
[Edit 2 times, last edit by anchovygirl at Jan 9, 2012 7:57:33 PM]
[Jan 9, 2012 7:31:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Was fighting werewolves on meridian and after killing a wolf i stayed teamed on the wolf until i clicked off of it...

Same thing was happening to me while pillaging (both rumble and sf) on Midnight this evening, although I'd put it off to my super slow rural internet.

Can confirm this is also happening on Hunter.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Jan 9, 2012 7:35:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Airion

Re: Cerulean Testing Discussion Reply to this Post

my rumble went up playing against a bot... is this a bug? I thought it had to be PVP to affect your stats...?

If I remember correctly, and I am sure someone will correct me if I don't, the bots at the inn's do rated fights, while the ones you find on the dock, the swabbies on ships, and the ones in the missions you get are NOT rated and won't affect your standing.

Thanks, you just reminded me of an incident this morning.

I created a new pirate on Cerulean and started to work through the missions. I had asked in greeter chat for a whisk to the Cobalt side and, while waiting for a reply, took the initial rumble mission. The fight had just started when somebody sent me an invitation to their shack, so I accepted. The fight ended, I won and my stat went up. Surely if you leave a fight you should lose? I'm sorry for not filing a bug at the time but stuff happened and it slipped my mind.

Just to clarify it was the first rumble mission available, where you're whisked to a ship.
Don't wait for the perfect moment, take a moment and make it perfect.
[Jan 9, 2012 7:41:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rowilliams

Is it possible for you to spawn some flotilla's on meridian thursday so we can make sure everything is ok with those...?
Daxyy and Daxy on Emerald
If u wanna know where I'm from look it up...
Stalker of too many forums...
And now part of the action too...
[Jan 9, 2012 8:50:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skiffygrrl

Confirm with both Virid and Mala pirates that palace shoppe only has "other" and "seasonal".

Verified it's a snapshot of 12/31; I have two shops I compared to on Stormy Fell.

At the instant the new ocean was created, rent was collected from the stalls, for 1 week. It was the correct rent.

On multiple accounts, the minimap for Drogeo won't load, and I'm not the only person with this problem. Several people have bugged this. going on 15-20 over 30 minutes now, this minimap is still "loading".

Checking more things with friends.

Renamed my mala pirate and was instantly logged out and had to log in again.

Portraits not loading on info page, whether pirate, crew, or flag

Waiting for a tourney to start to verify the inter-ocean routes.
Adrianalidah and variants everywhere
Gwynhwyfahr in a few places

Current avatar courtesy of a game glitch, Halloween 2008
[Edit 2 times, last edit by skiffygrrl at Jan 9, 2012 10:08:18 PM]
[Jan 9, 2012 9:45:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sff.net/people/a.gormley    skiffygrrl [Link]  Go to top 
Airion

Renamed my mala pirate and was instantly logged out and had to log in again.

If you read the fine print under 'Rename Yer Pirate' you'll find it says "Renaming your priate will cause you to log off. Please log back in to complete the process."
Don't wait for the perfect moment, take a moment and make it perfect.
[Jan 9, 2012 10:20:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vortexae

Was fighting werewolves on meridian and after killing a wolf i stayed teamed on the wolf until i clicked off of it...

This happened to me just now with regular old Barbarians on a pilly.

Edit and it's been happening consistently ever since.
Cerulean: Teshka
Meridian: Millefleur, Oshun & the crew
Emerald: Nensieuisge. Also Millefleur.
Y en el Océano Jade, soy la pirata Serenidad.

I blog YPP!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by vortexae at Jan 9, 2012 11:21:06 PM]
[Jan 9, 2012 10:34:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.nicolejleboeuf.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
skiffygrrl

Didn't see that note, but am aware of it now.

For shop labor, if ye had any puzzling expire between 12/31 and 1/10, be a good idea to renew it.

Also, friends who have an island colonized, their alts working on construction sites were showing inactive labor; they all had to be logged in then out -- again -- then in a second time for the labor to show up active.

[Jan 9, 2012 11:49:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sff.net/people/a.gormley    skiffygrrl [Link]  Go to top 
Piraatteun

Celesta Isle map is blue with a loading screen only, did you experience this too?
Egeu on the Sage Ocean
SO in Pater Noster
Member of Black Flag
[Jan 10, 2012 2:39:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Momma_Wolf

Speaking of labor, I've been trying foraging on Cerulean - it seems to be limited to 8 hours per day, where on Midnight I can use 30 plus with 1 pirate. Bug or benefit?
Mommawolf, lurking on most oceans
Captain, Blackwolf Marauders of Midnight, now Cerulean
Queen, Victory Raiders of Midnight, now Cerulean

cmdrzoom said:

Anyone may demand answers of the gods.
Getting them is another matter.

[Jan 10, 2012 2:40:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Speaking of labor, I've been trying foraging on Cerulean - it seems to be limited to 8 hours per day, where on Midnight I can use 30 plus with 1 pirate. Bug or benefit?

Foraging uses up "future labor hours", so if the ocean hasn't been around long enough to build up 30 future labor hours, then I can see it being limited to much less.

Try again tomorrow, I expect you will get more.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 10, 2012 2:46:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piraatteun

Should this be recorded for the doubloon merged oceans? because the test is subscriber and it won't count as badge etc.
Egeu on the Sage Ocean
SO in Pater Noster
Member of Black Flag
[Jan 10, 2012 5:54:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

No problem Fork :)

A small request: most of you have said which test ocean you're on when you're mentioning issues, but some are not. Can you please specify, since we've got 2 different builds on the 2 oceans?

For now, I am only going to keep a list of "tested, no issues" for Cerulean, because with a new build, technically all of this stuff could be broken again (though I'm sure most of it isn't) due to code changes. I will keep a list of Meridian Known/Possible issues, though.
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean
[Jan 10, 2012 6:30:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Well, they haven't added all the archs to the ult lists again, but that's hardly significant.

I did find a really horrible, evil bug though...

When I tried on a hat, it forced my pants back on. D:

Pants-loving fascists. Grr.

/e loves her no-pants screenshot :D
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jan 10, 2012 6:40:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
benwick

Same thing was happening to me while pillaging (both rumble and sf) on Midnight this evening, although I'd put it off to my super slow rural internet.

This was also happening during a pillage on Viridian last night.
~Wentworth
SO of Schroedinger's Cat
[Jan 10, 2012 7:32:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

I'll repost my previous post, this is all on Meridian.

- When you rename your pirate, you get removed from houses you were a roommate in and if someone makes a name with your original pirate name, then they will become the roommate instead. Managers at shoppes/stalls are not affected, so the same problem on Cerulean.

- Names on black boxes have been pushed to two rows, so if you open a black box and you get a potion, on the window showing you what you opened you get this:

Potio
n

- When you type /gw, it doesn't come up with a summary of where the greeters/greenies are. I believe it should show up if they're on ships and in the same arch as you.
Anchovia
[Edit 2 times, last edit by anchovygirl at Jan 10, 2012 9:43:16 AM]
[Jan 10, 2012 9:10:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

On Meridian:-
My account which had three pirates on Viridian and three on Malachite correctly shows six pirates, and my account which had one pirate on Viridian and none on Malachite correctly shows one pirate with the option to create two more.

Fintan's minimap is broken/continually loading.

Pirates with and without -East and -West names from different accounts can be added as roommates.

Pirates on the same account cannnot be added as roommates.
Chocorose of Cerulean:
Not too cute to be a pirate.
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Jan 10, 2012 9:35:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skiffygrrl

My most recent testing was of Meridian, all the issues I mentioned:

One of my accounts, I had 3 pirates on Virid and 2 on Mala; it has 5 on Meridian, so that matches what we were told.

Shop alts need to be logged on then off then on again to activate their labor if no puzzle; if there is a puzzle, u need to renew that (not a bug, on this last, but player warning).

For myself and others, on multiple accounts, various island minimaps were not loading: Drogeo and Celesta in Komodo arch, Fintan in Onyx.

From information received from others who have gotten charts:
Flyaway-Oasis is a 20 league run (a person who saw the chart told me this)
Ichor- Olin's Brow chart had been seen but leagues not mentioned; got to Ichor with my Virid pirate who has memmed all of Virid, and it appears to be 8-9 leagues on this route; anybody have a confirm?

A bunch of us battled skellies on Ichor, and the chart won was a CI on the Flyaway-Oasis route.

[Jan 10, 2012 10:30:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sff.net/people/a.gormley    skiffygrrl [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

I'm not sure if someone has tested this with dummies, however, I just clicked on a pirate bust that was for my original pirate, Anchovia. Since renaming my pirate, clicking on that same busts brings up my pirate's info as normal, however, the name on the bust didn't change. This is on Meridian.
Anchovia
[Edit 1 times, last edit by anchovygirl at Jan 10, 2012 11:58:19 AM]
[Jan 10, 2012 11:57:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skiffygrrl

Noticed this on Meridian and /bugged it.

If you are walking a pet with you, it shows as owned by "null".

The way we found to fix doesn't involve trading it to another player or alt; instead, go to your house or any ship/shop you own and let it roam, then it will show up as you owning it, and when you pick it up again, it is no longer owned by "null."

There is a workaround, it's just annoying.

One person who has a rumble dummy of herself in her house on Barracuda had the following happen, and I checked when I was at her house:

The dummy is female to look at, and she is female to look at, no injuries, but when you fight the dummy, it's male with a hook. :-P

[Edit 1 times, last edit by skiffygrrl at Jan 10, 2012 1:24:51 PM]
[Jan 10, 2012 1:24:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sff.net/people/a.gormley    skiffygrrl [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Again on Meridian.

After renaming my pirate, I tried reclaiming furniture I had placed before the name change, it didn't appear in my booty. However, I still get the option the reclaim my furniture from the same place after I 'reclaimed' it.
Anchovia
[Jan 10, 2012 1:33:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

(Meridian)

Mini-maps seem to be getting worse. Islands I had no problem with yesterday are not working today.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jan 11, 2012 12:46:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clarence11

I spent some time pillaging solo on Meridian last night. (9hours ago)

Mostly normal: 8battles won, 1 battle lost, 1 disengage, 1 foraging expo and 1 bk expo that I ignored just before porting. All barbarians as I set it to that before setting sail and Dnaved.
Bronze Spoon trophy.

2 anomalies/bugs

First ship 'crazy stickleback' was from the crew 'cadre of his ultimate magnificence' which I think is a BK crew.

Third battle one of the barbarians looked like it had drank from a cursed chalice. I took a screeny. On a later battle with the same sloop they were back to normal. They also went from a crew of 4 in the initial battles and 5 on the last ones on an interarch.

Other stuff that is working - buying and placing furniture including a helm for my sloop. :D
Clarence of Malachite and Formerly Crimson /e sobs

Looking for the action
[Jan 12, 2012 12:11:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wannita

Ichor- Olin's Brow chart had been seen but leagues not mentioned; got to Ichor with my Virid pirate who has memmed all of Virid, and it appears to be 8-9 leagues on this route; anybody have a confirm?

Just won the Olins to Ichor chart and its 10 leagues.

Where else do the two oceans link up?
Wannita,
Captain of the crew Ocean Warriors, on the Viridian Ocean
[Jan 12, 2012 12:56:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

First ship 'crazy stickleback' was from the crew 'cadre of his ultimate magnificence' which I think is a BK crew.

This isn't a glitch/bug. This isn't the name of a BK crew, just sounds really impressive, doesn't it? :P
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Jan 12, 2012 12:56:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Wannita

Looks like there's a new Arch on Meridian named Chameleon, there are 7 arches there in all, and that one doesn't have anyone on its Ult list....so where is this mysterious Arch?

Edit:
oops...show's what i know about Mala....I just assumed all Oceans had 3 arches....so instead my questions are why isn't Draco showing on the Ulti list...and why are there no Ulti's in the Chameleon list?
Wannita,
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Wannita at Jan 12, 2012 1:43:55 AM]
[Jan 12, 2012 1:19:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skiffygrrl

I posted this in united discussions, am posting here with 1 update: leagues for Olin-ichor

Ichor is to Olin's Brow << 10 leagues (NE Draco to SW Garnet)

Flyaway is to Oasis <<< 20 leagues (E Komodo to SW Onyx)

It isn't so much an east-west ocean thing as a northeast-southwest.

................................................................................jade

...........................................................garnet

.....................................................................................................onyx

.............................................draco
......... iguana..............................................whiptail

...basilisk...............................................................komodo

.............gila..........................................lacerta
....................................chameleon.

Very rough layout; not to scale

------

Note: Lacerta Arch is the original starter arch with 4 islands held by the ringers, all larges.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by skiffygrrl at Jan 12, 2012 1:33:54 AM]
[Jan 12, 2012 1:32:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sff.net/people/a.gormley    skiffygrrl [Link]  Go to top 
Wannita

Here's a screen shot of my known world map on Meridian.

I have no clue what the arch's on Mala are called but that blue X is at Morgan island and everything above is Viridian which I have memmed and also shows the route of the interocean chart from Olins Brow to Ichor Island (which I won in battle near Havoc).
Wannita,
[Jan 12, 2012 1:54:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clarence11

Looks like there's a new Arch on Meridian named Chameleon, there are 7 arches there in all, and that one doesn't have anyone on its Ult list....so where is this mysterious Arch?

Edit:
oops...show's what i know about Mala....I just assumed all Oceans had 3 arches....so instead my questions are why isn't Draco showing on the Ulti list...and why are there no Ulti's in the Chameleon list?

Lacerta, Komodo, Gila and Chameleon are the only Colonized Arches on Malachite.
Lacerta has 4 non-player Mediums colonized, plus 1 Large with a market (Morgan)
Komodo has 2 player owned mediums (Celesta and Drogeo) and 2 player owned outposts (zuyua and Duat). 1 large with a Market (Flyaway).
Gila has 3 player owned Mediums (Fugu, Nightshade and Acanthaster) and 1 outpost (Akhlys), L Large with a Market (Mu Tambu)
Chameleon has an Outpost Lilac which is colonised. It is an arch of 3 Islands

Of the other arches, Draco and Basilisk each have a large with a market (Alicorn and Marmara). The remaining 2 arches Whiptail and Iguana, are 3 island arches like Chameleon.

There aren't so many pirates living in Chameleon. I have an alt with Ultimate (arch) navigating but not enough experience to get on the list.
Clarence of Malachite and Formerly Crimson /e sobs

Looking for the action
[Jan 12, 2012 3:01:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Momma_Wolf

Just tried to log onto Cerulean - and it's gone? Updated client, and no button to change to it?
Mommawolf, lurking on most oceans
Captain, Blackwolf Marauders of Midnight, now Cerulean
Queen, Victory Raiders of Midnight, now Cerulean

cmdrzoom said:

Anyone may demand answers of the gods.
Getting them is another matter.

[Jan 13, 2012 2:29:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 138   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates