• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 138
Posts: 138   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 23621 times and has 137 replies Next Thread
pomfret

Re: Cerulean Testing Discussion Reply to this Post

(1) Ok, so far as testing renames go, just got this message:

"VoG: Message from the OMs: As Cerulean is only a test ocean currently in testing phase, we are not providing crew or pirate renames at this time as it is not necessary to test these and these changes will not be permanent."

It also says that your request for the rename has been declined and "Your Rogue Marks have been returned to Ye." even though no rogue marks were required.

Guess there's no need to test renames.

(2) Some names are too long to display properly on Ye Items tab.

(3) Can't add pirates with -West/East suffixes as managers.

(4) As for bid tickets, it seems my Midnight bid tickets are intact.

(5) Can we have some 2-player tourneys for inter-ocean maps? A number of 4-player tourneys are not being filled.
----------------------------------------
Pomfret of Midnight Cerulean and Most Oceans
Except when I am Scroogie or somebody else

Stupid merger made me change my signature...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by pomfret at Jan 8, 2012 9:40:12 AM]
[Jan 8, 2012 9:22:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moonmaiden79

I opened a distillery stall on Cleopatra's Pearls for testing purposes. I have not had a single merchant bot delivery in 2 days at the highest buying prices on the island, (also 2 poe higher than Zeta island's highest buy price and 4 poe higher than the bid ticket cost for wood.) I also have 2 employees and yet, it's taking a very long time for 150 grog, 2 days now.

Is anyone else experiencing very slow merchants or order times with stalls or shoppes?
Stabatha- Tarts of Doom, Obsidian
[Jan 8, 2012 11:30:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Is anyone else experiencing very slow merchants or order times with stalls or shoppes?

I'm getting masuyite deliveries on Kirin, something that hasn't happened in about 4 years. Thanks midnight! Also leushite that must be coming from midnight, and maybe chalcocite is coming from midnight also. I've also gotten iron, hemp, stone wood, and thorianite.

Looks like the bots are working to me. Whether Midnight likes things like masuyite flowing into the cobalt side, well, I'm sure they are getting a lot of sass in return.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 8, 2012 1:19:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

Lists updated. Keep it up mates, it's nice to see people testing and reporting :)
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean
[Jan 8, 2012 2:33:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Lists updated. Keep it up mates, it's nice to see people testing and reporting :)

From your list on the first post:

-Missing bid tickets from shoppes, stalls & palaces (can anyone check a ship please? on-person bid tickets are fine) - may be Cobalt only

As per my post above about the databases i keep with scripts, I tested bid tickets on ships and they showed up. It is only shops that seem to be missing bid tickets. My tests are all on cobalt, I can't speak for midnight.

-Shoppes/stalls are paying incorrect tax amounts and it is stating there isn't the poe to collect it when there is, and tax is a different amount to what it should be.

This appears to only be a problem the first time, the rent due after that is fine.

Flags/Crews

As per a previous post, crews can be created, I was not able to test if flags can be created.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 8, 2012 3:14:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yearbook50

I've been having trouble at the Furnishers on Alpha Island. All of them give me a blank "Home" tab in the "Order Products" screen (not even grayed-out items, but no items at all), and no response to clicking the other tabs. (It's like it's stuck trying to load the items.) Also, the "Help Wanted" button in the stalls is unresponsive while in the Order Products screen. (It responds fine while I'm not in the Order Products screen. Judging by other furnishing establishments on other islands, the Order screen shouldn't keep it from popping up.)

This problem is also present on Midnight, and has been /bugged.

Its present at Jorvik too.

I've already bugged that a few times.
Yearbook
Cerulean/Emerald
[Jan 8, 2012 3:15:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

Thanks Algol, it's getting a bit unwieldy :)
[Jan 8, 2012 3:41:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
legoking1235

I created two crews and merged them with no problem. The issue and voting that goes along with them under Autocratic politics is also working.

Cephalopod greeter chats, "I think... I think I might cry"

Gaea says, "I'm in yer ship, makin typos in yer rename."

[Jan 8, 2012 5:07:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

The shoppes that have since paid rent a second time are all paying the correct rates, so it appears to be working correctly now.

Why would any stall / shoppe have paid a second rent in less than a week?

Aarghbird

I think it's a case of the first time around they were autopaying (i.e. time ran out, so it just pulled the poe, which appears to be how virtually all the rent for every shoppe was "paid" after the merge) and the second time, someone "prepaid it". You can pay it twice pretty quickly if you let it happen like that.
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[Jan 8, 2012 6:23:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wheebiscuit

In a short inter-arch pillage last night, some bugs showed up.

- Long -EAST / WEST names that send you a /TELL can't be replied to without typing in the whole name, instead of using the up arrow or the dropdown list list.

- When bugging this, I got engaged by a bot ship, and was pulled out of the /bug entry screen back to a full screen crow's nest screen. I have a nice picture of me with the crow's nest being slightly underwater...

- The ships that engage you on their own in the Boyle - Last Stand Hill Interarch included a Baghlah vs. a 6-person sloop. A bit unbalanced I think. Yes, it looks like a red route on the map.

On the positive side, bid tickets in you booty seem fine. I couldn't find a ship that has a ticked on Cobalt so can't check that on Cerulean. I did see that all my stall / shoppe tickets were gone.

Aarghbird of Cobalt and Cerulean and Aarghbird-east

I want to see that screencap!!!

Screen cap is posted HERE.
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes
[Jan 8, 2012 7:26:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pomfret

Dummies cannot be customised to -East or -West pirates.
Trophy cases cannot be customised to -East or -West pirates.

I suspect anything else that uses this dialog box will have the same issue.
Pomfret of Midnight Cerulean and Most Oceans
Except when I am Scroogie or somebody else

Stupid merger made me change my signature...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by pomfret at Jan 8, 2012 9:04:20 PM]
[Jan 8, 2012 8:56:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vorky

This is probably not a bug of the merge, as I saw one thread dating back to 2009 about this. But some locations are listing a Navy Dye in the Buying and Selling of Commodities, including Ansel in Onyx as mentioned in that thread.
[Jan 8, 2012 10:19:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clarence11

So as far as testing, I salvaged a sloop which seemed bug-free and Ryujin took a fanch into HS and people who hadn't been into a HS before all received the Pale Runner trophy and when we sank people got fish.

And also received ghost fish and Driftwood trophy.

Tokens were working for my Narrow Rigger. They started just before the first break.
Clarence of Malachite and Formerly Crimson /e sobs

Looking for the action
[Jan 8, 2012 11:30:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

This is probably not a bug of the merge, as I saw one thread dating back to 2009 about this. But some locations are listing a Navy Dye in the Buying and Selling of Commodities, including Ansel in Onyx as mentioned in that thread.

Navy dye showing up is not a bug with the merger. Any island that gets conquered by a BK will have all the prices for all known commodities reset, and for cobalt, that includes navy dye. I do not know if Navy dye will start showing up on Cerulean or not.

To quote Ivdripper's explanation:
Ivdripper wrote: 
The episode of navy dye placed by Hypnos to which I am referring is from when Foil owned Olive and made Hypnos governor. Hypnos thought it would be fun to put it in the palace for sale. There were 5 units and we scooped them up right away. I can't remember the price, it wasn't cheap. It was either later that day or the next day that the dye in the ship hold was replaced with the money we had payed for it. I guess Hyps thought it wasn't a good idea after all. And away went the 5 units of navy dye.

[Jan 9, 2012 4:15:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tilinka

Has anyone tested the double-float/monkey ship thing yet? Lack of black ship brings that to mind.
Tilinka, Emerald
Perilous Puppet
Avatar Thread | Finished Artsy Stuff | Sketches
[Jan 9, 2012 11:03:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com/blog    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
mouse2cat

my rumble went up playing against a bot... is this a bug? I thought it had to be PVP to affect your stats...?

also my explorer reputation went up carping with the navy... is that normal? last time I went on a navy mission they didn't have reputation.
Crabcake on Emerald and Obsidian
Current avatar by Kolibri
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mouse2cat at Jan 9, 2012 2:07:41 PM]
[Jan 9, 2012 1:58:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.skoonberg.com [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

also my explorer reputation went up carping with the navy... is that normal? last time I went on a navy mission they didn't have reputation.

Floating around at sea helps your explorer rep. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the navy mission itself.
Sincerely
[Jan 9, 2012 2:18:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mouse2cat

Floating around at sea helps your explorer rep. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the navy mission itself.

So I could just chill on navy ships if I am just going to be chatting with people...? And improve my explorer without doing anything?
[Jan 9, 2012 2:35:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.skoonberg.com [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Yep, but I think they toned it down from how much it used to influence your reputation. When it first came out people were just sitting on a navy ship to get illustrious, I believe.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Jan 9, 2012 3:23:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clarence11

I've been happily working my way through the missions.
The navigate mission kicked in after I got my broad guns, and my battle brigands kicked in after narrow nav. So that's all good

My battle brigands mission was on the interarch from Tigerleaf to DN. That seems a bit harsh for a first time. I spawned 2 x 7man sloops, : Green Blaggards (brigands) and Yellow Dread Pirates (barbarians).

I may have got an interarch because I was still on the ship I had done the Nav mission from DN to Tigerleaf when I went to the mission board

Managed to take (only ) 3 jobs - 2 on ex-cobalt and 1 on ex-midnight
Thought I might sneak a few more but no bugs there :(

I bought a bid ticket for Leushite at 10poe yesterday. It doesn't appear to be filling. Its currently bidding for 1875 on the equivalent Cobalt island.
Clarence of Malachite and Formerly Crimson /e sobs

Looking for the action
[Jan 9, 2012 4:00:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wheebiscuit

my rumble went up playing against a bot... is this a bug? I thought it had to be PVP to affect your stats...?

If I remember correctly, and I am sure someone will correct me if I don't, the bots at the inn's do rated fights, while the ones you find on the dock, the swabbies on ships, and the ones in the missions you get are NOT rated and won't affect your standing.
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes
[Jan 9, 2012 4:03:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

If I remember correctly, and I am sure someone will correct me if I don't, the bots at the inn's do rated fights, while the ones you find on the dock, the swabbies on ships, and the ones in the missions you get are NOT rated and won't affect your standing.

I believe this is correct. I am fairly certain I played against a bot on Viridian last month and went up in standing.
[Jan 9, 2012 4:13:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

True.
YPP wrote: 

Rated games affect both puzzle standing and experience.

Explorer reputation goes up w/ the navy, too - but very slowly and at least during when you really want to hit Illustrious (believe me, I tried - and gave up and just joined viking expos). Pretty much standing on any ship that's out there sailing affects on it.

I've been successful with the navy missions as well, haven't seen anything that wouldn't be normal, so far.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Jan 9, 2012 4:16:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mouse2cat

Thanks guys, I am one of those old dormant pirates logging again because this ocean thing is exciting. I don't know barnacle about reputation though...

And the wiki didn't mention "navy missions"
heheh this is were I could /duty and ask the greeters or would that be bad form :P
[Jan 9, 2012 5:12:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.skoonberg.com [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Minor correction to me (and others, hehe). The island NPPs do give you the option to have either a rated or unrated fight.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Jan 9, 2012 5:47:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

I just wanted to stop by and say thanks to Aethera and everyone else who's taken the time to do some testing and provide feedback. I apologize that I haven't had time to address individual questions and specific cases, but we've still got a lot to do related to the merge that's keeping us really busy. I've been reading through everything in these parley posts and the /bug reports, though, and it's been a great help. I really appreciate it.

Meridian is up now, with fixes for several of the issues mentioned in this thread. Other bug fixes are still in the works. Don't worry, we plan to get everything taken care of before we proceed with the official merge.

Thanks again!

Fork
[Jan 9, 2012 6:01:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Successfully renamed the pirate Carplove-west to Carphate. Yay.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Jan 9, 2012 6:08:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mouse2cat

So I logged on to Meridian with my Malachite pirate and was abruptly awarded my 2nd and 3rd order of the jolly roger and I thought I got that a while ago on Malachite. Odd...

Oh and the palace shop is super broken I only have 2 tabs "other" and "seasonal" and the other only has a looped ribbon trinket and that's it.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mouse2cat at Jan 9, 2012 6:45:00 PM]
[Jan 9, 2012 6:42:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.skoonberg.com [Link]  Go to top 
rowilliams

Re: Meridian Testing Discussion Reply to this Post

Was fighting werewolves on meridian and after killing a wolf i stayed teamed on the wolf until i clicked off of it...
Daxyy and Daxy on Emerald
If u wanna know where I'm from look it up...
Stalker of too many forums...
And now part of the action too...
[Jan 9, 2012 7:11:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GothicNinja

Re: Meridian Testing Discussion Reply to this Post

Was fighting werewolves on meridian and after killing a wolf i stayed teamed on the wolf until i clicked off of it...

Same thing was happening to me while pillaging (both rumble and sf) on Midnight this evening, although I'd put it off to my super slow rural internet.
Ninjette of Cerulean
[Jan 9, 2012 7:27:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 138   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates