• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 926
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 138164 times and has 925 replies Next Thread
DementedDuck

Re: United Oceans Discussion Reply to this Post

So... am I going to be able to use portraits taken by Mala Evilduck on Viridian Evilduck?
----------------------------------------
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[Dec 9, 2011 6:13:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
am1991

Q: Can you increase the size of the hearties list?
A: There are some technical hurdles that make shifting very large lists of hearties around unwieldy, but yes, we will increase the size of the hearties list to 300. The real problem is that you are so popular...
.[/quote]

LOL
~Tigerscar Of Viridian~
Captain of the Crew "Uprising"
Founder/King of the Flag "Notorious"

[Dec 9, 2011 6:16:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Salttree

What about stall labor on midnight and cobalt ?? now i get labor on both,, after the mergeing, will the anmount of labor be cut in half ??? I cannt find an answer to my question on here ?? does anyone know ??
[Dec 9, 2011 6:21:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AraHurricane

Will the difficulty of interoceanic routes be the same as interarch or will they be harder?
Arakain the Hurricane
[Dec 9, 2011 6:24:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

What about stall labor on midnight and cobalt ?? now i get labor on both,, after the mergeing, will the anmount of labor be cut in half ??? I cannt find an answer to my question on here ?? does anyone know ??

Hermes literally /just/ answered that. Read his post just a bit before yours.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Dec 9, 2011 6:32:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Salttree

hmmm i must be blind , but i still cannt find it,,,, will keep looking, but thanks for telling me, its here somewhere,,, (( how far back is it ??))
[Dec 9, 2011 6:36:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

Hermes literally /just/ answered that. Read his post just a bit before yours.

i'm starting to think it's not all the fault of the readers. when you click the "last unread post" link, then have the absurd initiative of clicking "next page", the forum format treats it as your having been on the first page and therefore sends you to the 2nd. even simply going to the last unread could skip you a few pages. it's so easy to miss exactly the post relevant to your question.
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Dec 9, 2011 6:36:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fewmenleft

A query: Is it harder to get to the status of ultimate on Sage or Hunter, more specifically in the duty of rigging?
Once the oceans merge, the difficulty evens out (correct me if that's wrong). So if for instance Sage was more difficult than Hunter, after the merge, Sagites would find it easier to get to ult, while Hunterians will be having a harder time, hence why I'm wondering which is the more difficult ocean.

Also, I'm guessing that the new ocean names are looking for something unique and new, and not something like Viridichite, correct?
Whirled. Another totally awesome game made by Three Rings.

http://to./eba
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fewmenleft at Dec 9, 2011 6:59:38 PM]
[Dec 9, 2011 6:54:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://to./eba [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

hmmm i must be blind , but i still cannt find it,,,, will keep looking, but thanks for telling me, its here somewhere,,, (( how far back is it ??))

One page. It probably got posted while you were creating your post, so you didn't see it.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Dec 9, 2011 7:01:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

A query: Is it harder to get to the status of ultimate on Sage or Hunter, more specifically in the duty of rigging?

We'll find out better in a month.

Also, I'm guessing that the new ocean names are looking for something unique and new, and not something like Viridichite, correct?

I hope we can get better names than Maladian and Conight, to say nothing of Hunge or Sater.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Dec 9, 2011 7:05:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brianjd

what will happen to old-school players who decide to come back and can't tell which ocean is which due to name changes? will there be a way for them to tell which one is which other than looking at island names, and what about current players, how will we know which ocean is ours, will it automatically be selected for players to the new ocean like it is now?
Atropos says, "Ha,I'm afraid I cannot accept your crabs, sorry."
[Dec 9, 2011 7:15:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Salttree

I never found an Answer to this Question , if anyone finds out, PM me , or post it to me in a reply,

someone said there was a answer posted, , but i think he was full of hot air,
[Dec 9, 2011 7:30:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

I never found an Answer to this Question , if anyone finds out, PM me , or post it to me in a reply,

Wow, really?

Hermes wrote: 
Q: If I have more than three pirates on my subscriber account, how much labor will I get per day?
A: We will increase the amount of labor to 48 hours per day for all subscribed accounts on the Midnight/Cobalt ocean, regardless of how many pirates you have.

[removed by SOPA]
[Dec 9, 2011 7:35:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiorok

I agree with those who are saying this is a temporary patch. Why not start changing the ocean drastically? Make ships have different ranges of shots, random whirl pools, familiars that help you in some way rather than being trophies, etc.? There are some really easy changes that you could implement that might make this game more exciting. Puzzle pirates has grown stale (and people have left) because they get bored with the game.
Avatar made by Musicologist on Meridian
[Dec 9, 2011 8:19:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Salttree

Wow, really?

Hermes wrote: 
Q: If I have more than three pirates on my subscriber account, how much labor will I get per day?
A: We will increase the amount of labor to 48 hours per day for all subscribed accounts on the Midnight/Cobalt ocean, regardless of how many pirates you have.

Chuckles ,,,, at least , i finill got my answer .. thanks guy ,
[Dec 9, 2011 8:28:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Salttree

I agree with those who are saying this is a temporary patch. Why not start changing the ocean drastically? Make ships have different ranges of shots, random whirl pools, familiars that help you in some way rather than being trophies, etc.? There are some really easy changes that you could implement that might make this game more exciting. Puzzle pirates has grown stale (and people have left) because they get bored with the game.

duh . of course this is a bandaid on the problem , a temp fix, but, once again clever cannt see it ..... until you triple the navy pay.. increase the pay pay out on pilly battles.. and change the ocean economy of the oceans, this is just a band aid on the problem .
[Dec 9, 2011 8:33:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Do tell what increasing the amount of PoE distributed would achieve.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Dec 9, 2011 8:36:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Reeves90

Q: How much will pirate renames normally cost from the Rogue Mark Shop?
A: 30 Rogue Marks.

Is it plausible to limit this re-name only for pirates wishing to remove the East/West suffix from their name?

Game/social dynamics being as they are, the ability for a pirate to change his/her name for 30 Rogue Marks whenever they please will lead to general confusion as to who is who.

I can see it now..
Reeves says, "...wait....Suzan is Melany right?"
Yersunshine says, "Yeah, she got tired of the name and wanted a change"
Reeves says, "Wait, so then who is bobbyloouis"
Yersunshine says, "Oh, that's Cremate"
Reeves says, "But wasnt he "shoelace" just last week"
Yersunshine says, "Yeah, he changes every couple days or so"

Possibly a 1 name change limit that never expires for pirates that have a suffix on the end (this solves the "Oh, they are retired and might miss the window" theory) and maybe a 48 hour window after the initial rename to allow for corrections to spelling or some other bug fix prior to the name locking in like the current system.
~ Reeves/Rreeves ~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Reeves90 at Dec 9, 2011 8:50:40 PM]
[Dec 9, 2011 8:48:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AraHurricane

Theres no point in increasing Navy Pay outs. Pillages already pay great just people prefer to earn items from chests and want a chance at a pet or fam.

Skilled swabbies is the worst idea EVER conceived. Quite literally. So until someone actually comes up with a decent idea theres not much you can say about it being a temp fix. Honestly, i see the retention rate across the two new oceans going up by as much as 30% because new players will ALL experience an 800+ ocean player base and they wont have to just put up with Viridian players to have it. (No offense Viridian, Your my home ocean but a lot of you guys can be a pain.) For the record there are already several MMORPG websites writing articles about OOO big ocean merger for Puzzle Pirates. They're pretty well written so its worth considering that we will see a rather nice influx of players during the prep and after effects.

Skilled Swabbies tho ARE NOT HAPPENING. The End.
Arakain the Hurricane
[Dec 9, 2011 9:02:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alesanaftw

what will happen to old-school players who decide to come back and can't tell which ocean is which due to name changes? will there be a way for them to tell which one is which other than looking at island names, and what about current players, how will we know which ocean is ours, will it automatically be selected for players to the new ocean like it is now?

They can get on the forums or trial and error.
Tjjsalt (Hunter and Cobalt)
All opinions I express are mine alone.

[Dec 9, 2011 9:17:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Salttree

Theres no point in increasing Navy Pay outs. Pillages already pay great just people prefer to earn items from chests and want a chance at a pet or fam.

Skilled swabbies is the worst idea EVER conceived. Quite literally. So until someone actually comes up with a decent idea theres not much you can say about it being a temp fix. Honestly, i see the retention rate across the two new oceans going up by as much as 30% because new players will ALL experience an 800+ ocean player base and they wont have to just put up with Viridian players to have it. (No offense Viridian, Your my home ocean but a lot of you guys can be a pain.) For the record there are already several MMORPG websites writing articles about OOO big ocean merger for Puzzle Pirates. They're pretty well written so its worth considering that we will see a rather nice influx of players during the prep and after effects.

wronge wronge wronge ....... increasing the navy pay out would give the greenies , new players a chance to earn start up poe faster, which give them a chance to feel more happier in the game at the very begining. which would help increase the chances a new player to stay in the game once they first come to the game. .... if new players FEEL successful at the beginning , they are more likely stay ..

People play games to feel Happy , sucessful , and UNLIKE some of you who have HOURS and HOURS to sit around and play this game, some of us have real lifes.
[Dec 9, 2011 9:24:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yohohojasco

Made this point on sage why not have all the oceans as 1. would make this game much more active and fun and would put those *shiny new servers* to work,
[Dec 9, 2011 9:28:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    sonicgraal@aol.com [Link]  Go to top 
AraHurricane

wronge wronge wronge ....... increasing the navy pay out would give the greenies , new players a chance to earn start up poe faster, which give them a chance to feel more happier in the game at the very begining. which would help increase the chances a new player to stay in the game once they first come to the game. .... if new players FEEL successful at the beginning , they are more likely stay ..

People play games to feel Happy , sucessful , and UNLIKE some of you who have HOURS and HOURS to sit around and play this game, some of us have real lifes.

There are VERY VERY few players that take the time to start out and spend any relative time with the navy anymore. Its not intended that a new player spends more than the first few puzzle learning sessions with the navy unless they want the Navy Ranks and free clothing. The navy is intended to be a quick way to learn a puzzle or two and then step off into jobbing for crews and joining one. If they just go increase navy pay out then even less players will be enticed to actually work for their poe, job on a pillage, or run their own ship.

As long as we're on the topic of making changes though. I'd like to see higher requirements to create a crew. Maybe Solid instead? Its still relatively easy and gives a player looking to create a crew more time to learn the game before trying to teach other players. (just an opinion though.)
Arakain the Hurricane
[Dec 9, 2011 9:51:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

Hermes wrote: 

Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hazarath at Dec 9, 2011 10:41:59 PM]
[Dec 9, 2011 10:40:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Salttree

There are VERY VERY few players that take the time to start out and spend any relative time with the navy anymore. Its not intended that a new player spends more than the first few puzzle learning sessions with the navy unless they want the Navy Ranks and free clothing. The navy is intended to be a quick way to learn a puzzle or two and then step off into jobbing for crews and joining one. If they just go increase navy pay out then even less players will be enticed to actually work for their poe, job on a pillage, or run their own ship.

As long as we're on the topic of making changes though. I'd like to see higher requirements to create a crew. Maybe Solid instead? Its still relatively easy and gives a player looking to create a crew more time to learn the game before trying to teach other players. (just an opinion though.)

i'm not the only one surporting the idea of increase navy pay, most of my heaties are also , and while i'm at it,,, i will get on my old soap box of putting in a way to BUY extra swabbies on ships for pillies .(also, an idea surported by some of my hearties)
[Dec 9, 2011 10:49:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Macgyver____

i'm not the only one surporting the idea of increase navy pay, most of my heaties are also , and while i'm at it,,, i will get on my old soap box of putting in a way to BUY extra swabbies on ships for pillies .(also, an idea surported by some of my hearties)

Do these hearties also post 4 times in a thread asking for an answer to a question that was answered 2 posts above the first time you asked? Because then everything would make sense....
The pirate formally known as MacGyver
[Dec 9, 2011 10:58:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Salttree

Do these hearties also post 4 times in a thread asking for an answer to a question that was answered 2 posts above the first time you asked? Because then everything would make sense....

<<<< ---- whatever ---- >>>>
[Dec 9, 2011 11:22:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Salttree

<<<< ---- whatever ---- >>>>
[Dec 9, 2011 11:25:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rowilliams

You could stuff mala inside the middle of viridian ;)
Daxyy and Daxy on Emerald
If u wanna know where I'm from look it up...
Stalker of too many forums...
And now part of the action too...
[Dec 10, 2011 12:56:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

I didn't see anything about you guys agreeing to add a "where you came from" trophy. That should be easy enough. I want the "huntard" trophy pls kkthx.

Also I didn't see an answer to if the new ocean names we're suggesting now will be narrowed down later and then we'll have a vote on say, 5 different names for each new ocean? ie, how will the actual naming be decided?

Nothing else about your pirate will change: not your property, employment, hearties list, hairstyle, injuries, favorite color, not anything....

Lalala I'm tired of answering dumb customer questions, let's try to make this fun...

Q: What will happen to the ocean forums?
A: We will create forums for the new oceans as soon as we have official names for them. After the ocean merge, we will lock the existing forums so that you will still be able to read them, but no one will be allowed to add new posts.

I WAS RIGHT!
Pwnt!

i'm starting to think it's not all the fault of the readers. when you click the "last unread post" link, then have the absurd initiative of clicking "next page", the forum format treats it as your having been on the first page and therefore sends you to the 2nd. even simply going to the last unread could skip you a few pages. it's so easy to miss exactly the post relevant to your question.

I've always hated how it does that :/

I can see it now..
Reeves says, "...wait....Suzan is Melany right?"
Yersunshine says, "Yeah, she got tired of the name and wanted a change"
Reeves says, "Wait, so then who is bobbyloouis"
Yersunshine says, "Oh, that's Cremate"
Reeves says, "But wasnt he "shoelace" just last week"
Yersunshine says, "Yeah, he changes every couple days or so"

More like...

Melany says, "Hello loves!"
Yersunshine says, "Hi"
Reeves says, "Hi"
Bobbyloouis says, "Hi"
Yersunshine says," Wait, who's Bobbyloouis?"
Reeves says, "Cremate...Shoelace...now Bobbyloouis. Joy."
Suzan says, "Whee! Can't let him have all the fun!"
Bobbyloouis says, "ihu."

Where Melany=Suzan and Bobbyloouis=Cremate=Shoelace
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[Dec 10, 2011 1:55:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 926   Pages: 31   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates