• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 57
Posts: 57   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 20413 times and has 56 replies Next Thread
pillyforme

You wonder why midnight is dying?

Edit:

3 people do not make up an entire ocean

Balkington is a barrelstopper along with Eyedea

Thank you.
----------------------------------------
Darkoath Of Cerulean.
Semi-Retired
Tell me, would you kill to save a life?
[Edit 3 times, last edit by pillyforme at Dec 1, 2011 6:08:04 PM]
[Nov 22, 2011 9:36:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

Re: You wonder why midnight is dying?

I would dare say that the number of people on Midnight who have muted Eyedea exceeds the number of people who are like Eyedea. Just sayin'.

Edit: Since a few people are apparently confused by this statement, I will simply point out that every person is unique. There's only one person on the ocean who is exactly like Eyedea, and that is Eyedea. I know of at least two people who have him muted for whatever reason (neither one of them is myself - my mute list is empty). It's pretty much a sure bet that even more people do not have him muted, though, not to mention that it wouldn't surprise me if there are more people muting me than him. At any rate, the point is that my statement can be technically true even while having a negligibly small scope of merely three people. In fact, the scope could be so small or so large, depending on how a reader chooses to interpret the statement, as to render the statement itself completely meaningless. It's deliberately ambiguous; the purpose was to allow the OP to feel partially validated (and hopefully chill out a little so that intelligent discourse could become possible) without actually directly validating anything. And maybe offer a chuckle to those who realize how little actual information the statement really carries. Think of it as the written word's version of an optical illusion. Now that I've explained this, however, the magic is gone. I don't mind explaining it and ruining the effectiveness of the statement, however, because it's clear from his subsequent responses that the OP is more interested in trolling than anything else anyway. So the statement no longer serves any purpose whatsoever. I wrote this up instead of just deleting the post, because I felt this way was more fun. :D

[Edit 3 times, last edit by Donsmythe at Nov 23, 2011 1:09:59 PM]
[Nov 22, 2011 10:03:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
Perenoel1

We had 4 people at the same inn?
Tzz Made of Fail on Midnight
Tzz's Ultimate puzzle Guide
[Nov 23, 2011 5:08:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chooch89

To be fair, I've been being a jackass since Midnight was in its prime. Thus, there's no correlation. (Coral-ation! Am I right, folks? Pirate puns.) Also, this guy's an idiot.
Balkington on all oceans
[Nov 23, 2011 6:13:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MrSquiddy

Midnight has unique inn etterkit, which can be summed up in two werds: No talkin'.

Actually, the truth be more subtle. A Midnight inn be like a men's room: Ye can start a conversation, but unless ye do it right, ye'll make people uncomfortable. When Old Squiddy talks to people in the inn, he gets a polite smile instead o' cursin', but Old Squiddy mostly only talks in Vistr's inn on Eta (where ever'body knows me name and be always glad I came) and Old Squiddy makes small talk, not advertisin'.

In general, if Midnighters want to buy somethin', they go to the Midnight Bazaar Forum. If they want to swordfight, they look at the swordfight tables. And so attempts to make them aware of such opportunities will be met with amusement, sarcasm, or hostility. Sounds like ye got all three.

Also, we don't post in orange.

-- Squiddy, who thinks the ocean is dying because he keeps shooting it and ramming into its rocks
[Nov 23, 2011 7:03:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
djibouti

I tried to care, but my eyes were on fire
Crispix
Pirates of the Damned
Yar, the laws of science be a harsh mistress.
[Nov 23, 2011 7:48:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fayn

Also a lovely generalization that the comments of three people = Midnight Ocean.
Ceasefire. Tea please.
[Nov 23, 2011 7:58:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fourteen1414

Some of the comments above give me the impression that noone cares?

I do not think that these 3 people you met at the Inn represents midnight but then again I could be wrong when I see some of the replies here.

Anyways I hope that you would give Midnight another chance.

And really guys.... Midnight struggle with getting people to play so maybe we should take this more seriously?

edit. Just to clarify.". really guys.." was not meant for the 3 people at the Inn but to some of the people posting above me!

<3
Jimmyjimjim said:

No. You sir are the troll, with your threat of a ddos, oooo how E-thug you are. I cry bullshit. Ddos me then...what are you going to do fill up my forum inbox with your e-rage?

[Edit 1 times, last edit by fourteen1414 at Nov 23, 2011 11:49:26 AM]
[Nov 23, 2011 8:24:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pillyforme

Balkington wrote: 
To be fair, I've been being a jackass since Midnight was in its prime.
Oh you're right, that makes so much difference. Just because people have had to put up with you for a very long time, it's A-okay ^^

Squiddy wrote: 
Actually, the truth be more subtle. A Midnight inn be like a men's room: Ye can start a conversation, but unless ye do it right, ye'll make people uncomfortable.
I learnt, after reading Eyedea say "Im Going To Piss All Over The Walls!" that this is the truth. Which is sad because an inn should be a place to converse with other people

Squiddy wrote: 
Im not from Midnight.
Darkoath Of Cerulean.
Semi-Retired
[Nov 23, 2011 8:48:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Karnisov

perhaps all inns should have "Disclaimer: Behavior of players in the inn is not representative of the entire ocean's population"

It's been my experience that the barrelstoppers hang out in the inn on the other servers, so I'm not sure why the OP expected any differently. Do cobalt inn dwellers greet you with roses? I've never played there so its a serious question.
Karnisov
flinging poo on the forums because its more fun than playing your broken game
[Nov 23, 2011 9:02:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pillyforme

Karnisov wrote: 
perhaps all inns should have "Disclaimer: Behavior of players in the inn is not representative of the entire ocean's population"

It's been my experience that the barrelstoppers hang out in the inn on the other servers, so I'm not sure why the OP expected any differently. Do cobalt inn dwellers greet you with roses? I've never played there so its a serious question.

No, but they don't greet you with insults and swears. I obviously know that three people do not make up the entire ocean. I have been on pillys with some super friendly people, i've also been on pillys with compete barrelstoppers.

So in all honesty, in my experience on the Midnight ocean, you guys don't seem to want people to join your ocean, you seam content with being ignorant and rude. I'm sure lots of you aren't, kudos to those of you that aren't, but many of you are. and its a little bit disappointing.

I logged on there because thats where Puzzle Pirates began, so i figured that you would all be proud and not so un-civil. I guess I figured wrong.

Darkoath Of Cerulean.
Semi-Retired
[Nov 23, 2011 9:37:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

Squiddy wrote: 
Im not from Midnight.

Orange posts are painful to read on Cobalt too.
Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[Nov 23, 2011 10:04:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Armitron23

Cobalt is no different than Midnight, I have been insulted worse than that at the DN inn on cobat.
Yankeejr of Cerulean Ocean
[Nov 23, 2011 10:07:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pillyforme

Cobalt is no different than Midnight, I have been insulted worse than that at the DN inn on cobat.

For no reason?
Darkoath Of Cerulean.
Semi-Retired
[Nov 23, 2011 10:14:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eyedea24

I was TDing the whole conversation. I was more trying to mock all the arguing, but 'he's an idiot' so he didn't get it.
Eyedea of Midnight and Sage

The Greatest Speech Ever Made
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Eyedea24 at Nov 23, 2011 10:28:21 AM]
[Nov 23, 2011 10:24:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pillyforme

I was TDing the whole conversation. I was more trying to mock all the arguing, but 'he's an idiot' so he didn't get it.

when you won and I said;

"Eye, it looks like you're backhanding me every time you win"
You replied; "Shut the scupper up" "grow the scupper up"

Yeah, the whole conversation, you were TDing... mhm, right.

THats why you told that random guy that he was a scuppering snake, just mocking the conversation?
Darkoath Of Cerulean.
Semi-Retired
[Nov 23, 2011 11:53:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chooch89

We're actually VERY nice men.

MWAH MWAH MWAH MWAH MWAH MWAH
Balkington on all oceans
[Nov 23, 2011 1:22:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
krazedpsycho

Squiddy wrote: 
Im not from Midnight.

Yeah Real men post in pink.
Devilmaster- Collector of colored chests and grunion ships
[Nov 23, 2011 4:10:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kinkykellee

I'm with those who are saying that you really cant judge the population of Midnight (what, 60 or so people?) by the actions of 3.

On the other hand, I do have a new way to annoy people.

SF up!
Kinkykellee
-Always happy to chart anywhere in the ocean formerly known as Midnight, just /tell me! :-)

Mommawolff shouts, "let's use some sense here mates, if you hear guns, or see critters? do not haul!!!"
[Nov 23, 2011 5:07:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pillyforme

I'm with those who are saying that you really cant judge the population of Midnight (what, 60 or so people?) by the actions of 3.

On the other hand, I do have a new way to annoy people.

SF up!

Seriously, i cant say two words without turning the whole ocean into haters? Give me a good reason why saying "SF up" is annoying. its two words, wrap your heads around that, two little words, four letters, three syllables. if I repeated it, it might get annoying, but I didnt, i said it once. and stopped when i was swore at and insulted.

EDIT: I dare any of you to go to the inn on lima island on Viridian. You would possible fall of your chair in horror as people talk. A lot.
Darkoath Of Cerulean.
Semi-Retired
[Edit 1 times, last edit by pillyforme at Nov 23, 2011 8:57:23 PM]
[Nov 23, 2011 8:50:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Perhaps if you had of constructed your post differently, people wouldn't have a problem. I barely play Midnight, but your posts make me shake my head. Again, you've generalised by saying you've turned the 'whole ocean' into haters. They're not hating, they're expressing their opinion just like you did.

I've found almost everyone I've encountered to be quite pleasant. You have your bad encounters anywhere, it doesn't mean you have to write about it the way you did.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Nov 23, 2011 9:22:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bauds

I don't know any of those mentioned here, but as a general rule, doesn't every ocean have a few barrelstoppers? Is there anything that we can really do about it, except maybe PVP them and make silly tournaments and parley threads about them (see various PVP threads and other threads for plenty of evidence that these things happen)?
Bauds of Obsidian, formerly Cerulean and before that Midnight.
[Nov 24, 2011 3:54:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pillyforme

I have come to realize that:

1 Eyedea is one of the few real barrelstoppers
2 Balkington is included
3 there are a lot of friendly people on midnight
4 I have to wait a long time to get someone to join my SF table.

Thanks for not flaming me too hard ;)
Darkoath Of Cerulean.
Semi-Retired
[Nov 24, 2011 8:12:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eyedea24

You come onto Midnight parley, talk barnacle about me and expect sympathy (or an apology)?

I don't retract my previous statement, grow the scupper up.
Eyedea of Midnight and Sage

The Greatest Speech Ever Made
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Eyedea24 at Nov 24, 2011 9:44:27 AM]
[Nov 24, 2011 9:44:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shipperthree

You come onto Midnight parley, talk barnacle about me and expect sympathy (or an apology)?

Grow up mate
[Nov 24, 2011 3:27:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chooch89

Grow up mate

Settle down
Balkington on all oceans
[Nov 24, 2011 5:46:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

Grow up mate

Settle down

Relax, don't do it.
[Nov 24, 2011 6:07:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Casdin

Grow up mate

Settle down

Relax, don't do it.

When you want to go to it?

stuck in my head now
Casdin

"You're soft from playing in your cozy, shag-carpeted rec rooms. I learned ping-pong on the streets...You either got good or you died!."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Casdin at Nov 24, 2011 8:58:02 PM]
[Nov 24, 2011 8:56:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yarrmy

Whoa.

After finding that there was nothing to on my home ocean, Cobalt, i wandered over to my pirate on midnight.

I went to my usual hide out, the inn, and started an SF game, no one joined so I said;

"SF up."
And got a snotty reply from three individuals such as:
"No way! tell the media!"
"shut the scupper up"
"Did you really need to advertise that?"

After being harassed by Eyedea, Lisa and balkington, I decided to just drop it and not talk. Unfortunately Eyedea wouldn't stop making a scene. He kept writing, "shut the scupper up" "grow the scupper up" and "*random pirate* you scuppering snake"

So quit making posts and saying that your ocean is dying, people might want to play on there if they liked you.

*Scupper was always the real thing.

I would just like to add my opinion to this, as it feels VERY 1 sided, as i walked into the inn while this was going on... you yourself wern't exactly a model pirate yourself mate, insults were from both sides, and some of yours were quite personal i thought. I forgot count how many times i tryed to stop this argument, over a very silly thing such as talking about a SF, then some insults were directed at one of hearty's, who also tried to get you both to calm down..

First of all, do not compare the entire of midnight on 4 people... no matter who them 4 people are,
and especially when you also wrote insults yourself.

The bold point next, you never stopped talking at all, otherwise he couldnt have told you to "shut the scupper up" because you weren't talking.

Thank you for your heavily biased point, but next time, try to give the whole truth, and maybe read a few of the earlier points made.

(i took orange off because it was annoying me)
Yarrmy
Senior Officer of "Midnight Magic"
Prince of "The Phoenix Rises"
and...Jeasilver's favourite licker!
100% idiot!
0% mis-understood.

Feel free to contact me in-game about anything i post on the forums.
[Nov 25, 2011 8:08:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pillyforme

Whoa.

After finding that there was nothing to on my home ocean, Cobalt, i wandered over to my pirate on midnight.

I went to my usual hide out, the inn, and started an SF game, no one joined so I said;

"SF up."
And got a snotty reply from three individuals such as:
"No way! tell the media!"
"shut the scupper up"
"Did you really need to advertise that?"

After being harassed by Eyedea, Lisa and balkington, I decided to just drop it and not talk. Unfortunately Eyedea wouldn't stop making a scene. He kept writing, "shut the scupper up" "grow the scupper up" and "*random pirate* you scuppering snake"

So quit making posts and saying that your ocean is dying, people might want to play on there if they liked you.

*Scupper was always the real thing.

I would just like to add my opinion to this, as it feels VERY 1 sided, as i walked into the inn while this was going on... you yourself wern't exactly a model pirate yourself mate, insults were from both sides, and some of yours were quite personal i thought. I forgot count how many times i tryed to stop this argument, over a very silly thing such as talking about a SF, then some insults were directed at one of hearty's, who also tried to get you both to calm down..

First of all, do not compare the entire of midnight on 4 people... no matter who them 4 people are,
and especially when you also wrote insults yourself.

The bold point next, you never stopped talking at all, otherwise he couldnt have told you to "shut the scupper up" because you weren't talking.

Thank you for your heavily biased point, but next time, try to give the whole truth, and maybe read a few of the earlier points made.

(i took orange off because it was annoying me)

Thats where your wrong. I dropped talking about the SF game. I made insults directed at, balkington and eyedea, ABOUT there insults (comebacks). And like you said, you walked into the argument, so you have no clue what the beginning half was.

And I already agreed that 4 people do not make up the entire ocean. So read all three pages next time ^_^ if not. Stay out of it.
Darkoath Of Cerulean.
Semi-Retired
[Edit 1 times, last edit by pillyforme at Nov 25, 2011 8:34:42 AM]
[Nov 25, 2011 8:33:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 57   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates