• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 23
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4185 times and has 22 replies Next Thread
Yearbook50

CT's Intent for Jorvik & Defense of Xi

Ms. Madam Yu Jian sold us on some entertainment at Xi on Sunday.
Not being enough - we decided on something else!

Intent for Jorvik
Pay: 750/seg (or matching)
Time: Saturday Nov 19th Noon(ish)
Jobbing Contact: Shiny

Defense of Xi
Pay: 500/seg (+BK Sinking Bonus & TH)
Time: Sunday Nov 20th Noon
Jobbing Contact: Ladyknight

Thanks to Bisquick for her art <3 (Seriously, who doesn't love Vistr all dressed up?)
----------------------------------------
Yearbook
Cerulean
Queen of Crimson Tide

Rome says, "I don't even have a status of a man"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Yearbook50 at Nov 18, 2011 3:48:08 PM]
[Nov 18, 2011 12:00:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CKShinrai

Re: CT's Intent for Jorvik & Defense of Xi

I may come just for the chicken suit.
Erfan wrote: 
OUR SUPER IMPORTANT LORD SHINRAI THE HEDGEHOG

[Nov 18, 2011 12:58:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedShadow2

Intent for Jorvik

Yay! Nice to finally see you guys back on the blockade board :D
RedShadow - Cerulean

Spot Collector! Always Willing to Buy/Trade - My List of Boats (Google Doc.)

Cerulean Boat Collectors List (Google Doc.)
[Nov 18, 2011 3:13:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

Intent for Jorvik

I know right. Bout time CT woke up. :P
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Nov 18, 2011 3:17:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mrgaz1980

Intent for Jorvik

Trust the 2 flags I love the most to schedule a blockade when I'm working, you big meanies.
Devill, capt of Mutiny,
Former Bitch of DI.
[Nov 18, 2011 3:23:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
absolutsnafu

Defense of Xi
Pay: 500/seg (+BK Sinking Bonus & TH)
Time: Sunday Nov 20th Noon
Jobbing Contact: Ladynight

its actually LadyKnight. just want to make sure we actually job ye ;)
Ladyknight
Crimson Tide
Pirate/Viking/Musketeer/Knight

"early to bed and early to rise precludes you from seeing the most brilliant of starry nights" -bad religion
[Nov 18, 2011 3:33:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/absolutsnafu    AbsolutSNAFU    tempo del soul [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

Intent for Jorvik

Trust the 2 flags I love the most to schedule a blockade when I'm working, you big meanies.

In that case we might have to reschedule to make sure Devill can make the blockade. We don't want to leave DI out of the fun by any means. :)
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Nov 18, 2011 3:35:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yearbook50

Intent for Jorvik

I fail at consulting schedules :(
Those impulse buys do that to you.
Yearbook
Cerulean
Queen of Crimson Tide

[Nov 18, 2011 3:59:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

I fail at consulting schedules :(

I guess so. Squiddy said something about you clearly not living in Montana. (He mumbled something unintelligible about football schedules after that.)
[Nov 18, 2011 6:01:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
MrSquiddy

Bipolar's Intent Fer Jorvik

Intent fer Jorvik:
T' keep it in the hands of a flag we respect.

We talked it over and decided that we don't care whether Bipolar or Crimson Tide takes care of Jorvik. Since a blockade this weekend would interfere with our nefarious schemes (soon-to-be-revealed) we've decided not to defend. Also Devill has to werk. Gotta think about poor Devill.

Our apologies to anyone disappointed by our decision. We would like to re-schedule a Bipolar / Crimson Tide matchup at a time when we feel we can give ye a good fight.

-- Squiddy, fer the flag of Bipolar
[Nov 18, 2011 7:56:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Re: Bipolar's Intent Fer Jorvik

I just want to say that I completely understand. We've definitely been in that situation ourselves and I feel really bad that we're putting someone else in shoes we've been in. You guys are tough SOBs though and, and when you guys are ready, we'll be here (maybe sooner than later from the sound of things, hahah).
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Rick9109 at Nov 18, 2011 8:05:18 PM]
[Nov 18, 2011 8:03:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Yearbook50

In an effort to entertain jobbers due to recent developments, Crimson Tide will have some events for the 3 rounds of Jorvik.

• Round 1: Roto-Navigation (ever wanted to drive a war frig (or brig if we fill the first boat) for a segment while trying to sink a treasure sloop or 2 or 3?)

• Round 2: Local Tournaments & Trivia on board a Grand Frig (After it gets on the board)

• Round 3: Station Bake-Off on Grand Frig
    1st Segment - 1st place for each station - 1k
    2nd Segment - 2nd Place for each station - 2k
    3rd Segment - 3rd place for each station - 3k
    4th Segment - 4th place for each station - 4k
    5th Segment - 5th place for each station - 5k

Please note: If someone else drops, these events will become null & void as we will need to play with ships instead.
Yearbook
Cerulean
Queen of Crimson Tide

[Edit 3 times, last edit by Yearbook50 at Nov 19, 2011 9:12:46 AM]
[Nov 18, 2011 8:38:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

trying to sink a treasure sloop

You do know that a non-sinking blockade doesn't have TH, right?
[Nov 18, 2011 9:18:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

Alas :-(

But there are other ways to reward people for managing to sink folk, since dropping poe in the booty chest always works :-)
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Nov 18, 2011 9:33:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

But there are other ways to reward people for managing to sink folk, since dropping poe in the booty chest always works :-)

Or you could ask someone to make it sinking for you, if you wanted it to be. They might even be willing to do it with the timing you specify so that only, say, the last round were sinking. But you'd probably have to ask someone of a regal nature, and not forget to use the word "please".

Probably too complicated a solution though. Forget I said anything.

(Normally that last two sentences above would be sarcasm, but this time they aren't. It actually might be too complicated: we'd need to have four royals online to put a vote through, and since I'm horribly ill and more than half our blockade team has real-life committments during the blockade time preventing them from being present... it's quite possible we couldn't even muster enough royals online to put through a vote to make it sinking. >.< Wouldn't hurt to ask one of the royals though, if you want it.)
[Nov 18, 2011 10:37:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
v76odessa

In an effort to entertain jobbers due to recent developments, Crimson Tide will have some events for the 3 rounds of Jorvik.

• Round 1: Roto-Navigation (ever wanted to drive a war frig (or brig if we fill the first boat) for a segment while trying to sink a treasure sloop or 2 or 3?)

• Round 2: Local Tournaments & Trivia on board a Grand Frig (After it gets on the board)

• Round 3: Station Bake-Off on Grand Frig
    1st Segment - 1st place for each station - 1k
    2nd Segment - 2nd Place for each station - 2k
    3rd Segment - 3rd place for each station - 3k
    4th Segment - 4th place for each station - 4k
    5th Segment - 5th place for each station - 5k

Awsomeness to whoever thought of this. If you guys manage to make it sinking, I will donate some poe to the sloop so that the Thual lasts a bit longer!

(Dont thank me mates. I will not use my poez, but 75% of the poe I have won off Yearbook in poker in the past week)

So Thank ye YB!
Vova

Home at Dies Irae.

Harrjm tells you " I always wished I could grow up to be you"
[Nov 19, 2011 12:13:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

Or you could ask someone to make it sinking for you, if you wanted it to be. They might even be willing to do it with the timing you specify so that only, say, the last round were sinking. But you'd probably have to ask someone of a regal nature, and not forget to use the word "please".

Probably too complicated a solution though. Forget I said anything.

(Normally that last two sentences above would be sarcasm, but this time they aren't. It actually might be too complicated: we'd need to have four royals online to put a vote through, and since I'm horribly ill and more than half our blockade team has real-life committments during the blockade time preventing them from being present... it's quite possible we couldn't even muster enough royals online to put through a vote to make it sinking. >.< Wouldn't hurt to ask one of the royals though, if you want it.)

There's also the more expensive solution of having True Passion drop a chest, since they're already at war with ye.

I'll discuss it with folk.
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Nov 19, 2011 2:45:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
Yearbook50

I do realize that - but luckily we can still get poe in the booty to reward folks as making it sinking will probably be extra complicated as you mentioned due to those real life commitment things (no I don't live in Montana ;) )

Awsomeness to whoever thought of this. If you guys manage to make it sinking, I will donate some poe to the sloop so that the Thual lasts a bit longer!

(Dont thank me mates. I will not use my poez, but 75% of the poe I have won off Yearbook in poker in the past week)

So Thank ye YB!

Pshh - my winnings in poker in the last week paid for all the ship movement & some extra stock. So the couple loss sessions weren't really losses ;)

So thank ye to um various 20k & 200k poker table mates!
Yearbook
Cerulean
Queen of Crimson Tide

[Nov 19, 2011 4:27:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

[...] real life commitment things (no I don't live in Montana ;) ) [...]

I believe that Squiddy would like me to emphasize that his knowledge of any particular football schedule should not be construed as any kind of admission that any mate in Bipolar currently has a domicile located at, in, or near the state of Montana.

(I could also note that to the best of my knowledge, all the real-life commitments mentioned by various members of the blockade team involved either work, family activities - primarily in the form of promises to children - or convalescence from surgery and/or illness. "Have to watch a football game" wasn't once mentioned as an actual issue for anyone.)
[Nov 19, 2011 10:34:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
Yearbook50

Thank you everyone that came out today for our fun.
I hope you enjoyed all our events.
Thank you for Xule for giving us something else to shoot at!
Yearbook
Cerulean
Queen of Crimson Tide

[Nov 19, 2011 2:54:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
krazedpsycho

(I could also note that to the best of my knowledge, all the real-life commitments mentioned by various members of the blockade team involved either work, family activities - primarily in the form of promises to children - or convalescence from surgery and/or illness. "Have to watch a football game" wasn't once mentioned as an actual issue for anyone.)

Yeah my excuse was hockey wasn't it. Totally different sport ;)
Devilmaster- Collector of colored chests and grunion ships
[Nov 20, 2011 8:18:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Xi BK defense! Today!

Yearbook promised me that I could nav! Come watch as I show her just how silly a decision that was.
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[Nov 20, 2011 9:17:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yearbook50

Thank you everyone that turned up for helping us defend Xi!
Yearbook
Cerulean
Queen of Crimson Tide

[Nov 20, 2011 1:26:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates