• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 98
Posts: 98   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12582 times and has 97 replies Next Thread
Ezder

Olive palace etc

Before you say that, yes, I know they took the island and it's theirs to treat as they please.

And yes, I know we should have been there defending, if we didn't want this to happen.

But I still think that this is worth pointing out.

When I had Olive, I spent some time and effort decorating the palace. I wanted it to look like a green olive with pimento, and renamed it Pimento. I painted the entrance hall red, and all other rooms light green. After weeks of petitioning back and forth with Thalia, she recoloured the hanging banners in the entrance hall to red, and the throne and banners in the throne room to light green. I replaced the suits with armor to fit the colour scheme, and added red flowers and hanging fans to increase the "redness" of the Pimento entrance hall. I also added a laid table for eight upstairs, along with a bar, to make it a party hall. Sadly, I have no screenshots of it, but I know that I showed some of you.

I also built explorer's halls on Olive and Swampfen, which was very appreciated by those who use those maps etc, since EHs are apparently better when double.

When PA took Olive, I had the following conversation with the first governor of the island (not Hurly): (Including all the irrelevant tells because i don't want to post edited logs)

[15:41:16] (governor) tells ye, "Would you like to buy Olive Island back?"
[15:41:46] Ye told (governor), "Are you drunk?"
[15:41:57] (governor) tells ye, "ummm no"
[15:42:14] Ye told (governor), "But while we're talking about it"
[15:42:50] Ye told (governor), "I didn't remove my furniture because I expected you to be decent enough to not trash it just for the sake of it, like Dahlgren did at TLM"
[15:42:54] Ye told (governor), "Am I correct?"
[15:43:06] (governor) tells ye, "yeah i wont trash it, too nice"
[15:43:14] Ye told (governor), "Glad to hear :)"
[15:43:24] Ye told (governor), "I've spent a couple of millions on it, lol"
[15:43:36] (governor) tells ye, "wow the most ive ever owned was 200k"
[15:44:29] Ye told (governor), "Recolouring the hanging banners and the throne cost 800K, I think"
[15:44:36] (governor) tells ye, ":O"
[15:44:45] Ye told (governor), "Maybe.. 300K? To replace the armors"
[15:45:15] Ye told (governor), "The stuff upstairs... i didn't really count... but I think each chair is about 20K etc"
[15:45:27] Ye told (governor), "+ all the paint"
[15:45:30] (governor)tells ye, "wow Legacy must have ahd $$$"
[15:46:00] Ye told (governor), "Ya, lol"
[15:46:33] Ye told (governor), "I never got around to doing something about the other rooms, though :( I took it slow because I'm not really a furnisher"
[15:46:41] (governor) tells ye, "hahaha"
[15:47:05] Ye told (governor), "But I wanted the Olive palace to be an olive with red pimento"
[15:47:12] Ye told (governor), "And I renamed it too"

[15:47:17] (governor) tells ye, "Ill leave it as it is"
[15:47:25] Ye told (governor), "Thanks :)"
[15:47:33] (governor) tells ye, ":)"

Now Hurly is governor, and the palace looks like this:

It seems that some of my screenies got chat in them, so I'll leave them out, you can see for yourselves though.

And the bank:

Real estate:

And explorer's hall (admittedly, less serious):

Even if I had money, it would be pretty pointless to offer it for drops on Olive, with all the scuttles. But I can offer Legacy's jobber and staff support to 3Ps in the scuttle cades, as well as drops on PA, when/if that becomes possible.

I'm not impressed, Hurly.
----------------------------------------
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Nov 4, 2011 12:34:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
travischia

Re: Olive palace etc

Trashing props in the palace, real estate, bank and the explorer's hall ain't right. The last time thorn or betorox trashed props, they got brick bats for their actions.

You might not like Avienda's post about scuttle shields but to trash every single props available on Olive then gloating about it on the island's notice board or news in the bank, real estate and explorer's hall in retaliation is just hard to believe.
Ksb, King of WoA on Meridian.
Ksb on all Oceans.
[Nov 4, 2011 1:19:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadymermady

wow.. i seriously cant believe the guys from PA would do this :( pretty shit thing to do.. it benefits no one at all .. why the fuck would you do this ?
Betty - Obsidian

Crip tells ye, "bout to turn on my balls warmer.."
[Nov 4, 2011 2:21:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

Target acquired.

It's time to bust some skulls in!
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Nov 4, 2011 2:28:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadymermady

Sorry Dahlgren i missed your tell :( the answer is -- no one.. its been scuttled remember :(
Betty - Obsidian

[Nov 4, 2011 2:49:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ixdarkangelx

ok PA's..try doing /w Andrene more often...you won't know when im already lurking around you to SINK you..
Andrene of Meridian Ocean

Fleet Officer of the crew Nightmare

Member of the flag Legacy of Life
[Nov 4, 2011 3:34:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Propstrashin tells ye, "quit moaning on parley"

Is this a comment from PA, or an unrelated alt?
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Nov 4, 2011 4:39:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

The palace better be purty when I at long last come home to Olive.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Nov 4, 2011 5:48:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

I think we can all come to the agreement that PA is run by a bunch of tools.
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Nov 4, 2011 8:08:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

I'm sorry Avi I know you put a lot of effort/time/money into the Palace and made it look good, pathetic to see a established player like Hurly pull a move like this; I know there's not much that can be done about this other that make sure PA never wins an island again and try to make them lose Olive this weekend however for whatever is worth it if Legacy wins Olive back in the future I'll like to donate you the armors so you can start refurnishing it.
Roseh

[Nov 4, 2011 10:06:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

hurromgspazz

I don't understand why people trash the furniture in buildings that transfer ownership with changes in rule in general, much less when someone clearly put in the effort to decorate the place.

There's nothing to be done about it now except redecorate it when the island is retaken (unless there's someway to return it to its previous state and unless Hurly continues to play with his first science kit) but I guess this is a warning to all how low the guys at PA will sink to pull one over on you because it's clear they aren't on a competitive level in any game-sanctioned competition.

Edit: The only thing you can do in-game would be a war dec, I guess, but IIRC, Hurly didn't represent us too well when TP was at war with VG, so I wouldn't count on him willingly stepping into any such arena.
[removed by SOPA]
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kenjennings at Nov 4, 2011 10:44:35 AM]
[Nov 4, 2011 10:41:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

Perhaps they were doing another 'test' for the good of the ocean.
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Nov 4, 2011 10:41:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadymermady

Was the scuttle shield thread deleted? sorry if i'm a bit slow, but i just tried to see if an OM had posted to explain why they have given completely different responses to the same issue. It's 4am >< sorry if maybe ive just got my boy eyes on and haven't looked properly.

edit - thanks for the sexeh Avatar Anch xx
Betty - Obsidian

[Edit 1 times, last edit by shadymermady at Nov 4, 2011 10:56:38 AM]
[Nov 4, 2011 10:53:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

The scuttle shield thread was sunk last night.
Roseh

[Nov 4, 2011 11:09:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the_rock99

I am in no way condoning Hurly's actions but I think it was pretty naive to leave your furniture on an isle you dont own anymore.

Its a nice gesture placing your trust in them NOT to destroy your furniture, nice but naive.

What I don't get is why the rest of you are getting butt hurt over it? Its Avienda's furniture. Shes allowed to be angry (Along with the rest of Legacy since their queen got disrespected) and want to rip em to shreds. It what way does it affect the rest of you, the fact that her furniture got dusted?
Greatness.
Better than you.
[Nov 4, 2011 11:17:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Palaces are public buildings, when a new pirate whisks to get their new furniture they go to the palace, when they do the SF/Rumble/Drinking challenges they are whisked to the palaces; it doesn't matter if it was Aviendas furniture or the basic props the effect is the same.
Roseh

[Nov 4, 2011 11:23:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

The thing is, it wasn't just her furniture. It was all the furniture they could possibly get rid of. Although I do feel that doing it to Avienda's stuff when she'd clearly put a lot of effort into it was definitely a low move.

Mimi sniped me so I'll just leave it at that.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Nov 4, 2011 11:25:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

I am in no way condoning Hurly's actions but I think it was pretty naive to leave your furniture on an isle you dont own anymore.

Its a nice gesture placing your trust in them NOT to destroy your furniture, nice but naive.

What I don't get is why the rest of you are getting butt hurt over it? Its Avienda's furniture. Shes allowed to be angry (Along with the rest of Legacy since their queen got disrespected) and want to rip em to shreds. It what way does it affect the rest of you, the fact that her furniture got dusted?
It appears that Avienda initially asked the governor if she should worry about her furniture and was told that it wouldn't be touched.

And she posted it in a public forum, no? Should it not be up for discussion? I'm pretty sure everybody here would be disappointed if someone were to do this so it's beneficial to set the precedent that this isn't acceptable behavior.

Why were people "butthurt" when Nemor had his octo stolen? Because they empathize and don't like seeing stuff like that happen to people for no reason.
[removed by SOPA]
[Nov 4, 2011 11:28:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the_rock99

It appears that Avienda initially asked the governor if she should worry about her furniture and was told that it wouldn't be touched.

And she posted it in a public forum, no? Should it not be up for discussion? I'm pretty sure everybody here would be disappointed if someone were to do this so it's beneficial to set the precedent that this isn't acceptable behavior.

Why were people "butthurt" when Nemor had his octo stolen? Because they empathize and don't like seeing stuff like that happen to people for no reason.

Fair enough. Point taken.
Greatness.
Better than you.
[Nov 4, 2011 11:32:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

What has failed to have been mentioned is that apart from the aesthetical discomforts the palace is bestowed with certain furniture to function. For instance a portrait easel allows greenies to take their first portrait, the tournament board and parlor table upstairs also have obvius roles. When you tear up the palace like PA did here you make sure nobody can use it for anything but collecting taxes, it's pretty damn stupid.

This is also the case when furniture is removed and then replaced by a player's furniture, as they tend to reclaim it when they lose the island. If you have a piece of prop with a function, please don't trash it.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Nov 4, 2011 12:07:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WenchCleo

Did they dust her furniture? Or did they remove it, in which case it would go back to her?

Also, I'm unclear if Avi had removed most of the props and then added her own furniture or if PA had removed the props.

Not advocating dusting props in "public" buildings in any case.
Tikao of Viridian Meridian Ocean
Captain of Dark Horizon, Queen of Brink of Dawn

Martobain wrote: 
This thread is like a spanish soap series, I don't have a clue what they are saying and all the actors suck.

[Nov 4, 2011 12:13:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Some of the furniture belong to Avi however a big part were props including the banners, they are generally white and Avienda had to petition to get them recolored to LG and pay for that but they are palace props, think about them as charms I guess.
Roseh

[Nov 4, 2011 1:02:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Underhill25

Any idea why the scuttle shield thread was sunk?
Coming back to YPP after a 2 years break..
[Nov 4, 2011 1:14:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WenchCleo

Yeah, I understand about the banners... but Avi's post indicated that she "replaced" the suits of armor, so I'm just wondering if she had dusted props to replace them with her furniture.

And if her furniture was returned to her.

Again, not condoning PA's removal of props either.
Tikao of Viridian Meridian Ocean
Captain of Dark Horizon, Queen of Brink of Dawn

Martobain wrote: 
This thread is like a spanish soap series, I don't have a clue what they are saying and all the actors suck.

[Nov 4, 2011 1:16:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

I heard it turned into a mudslinging that went off the rails.
[removed by SOPA]
[Nov 4, 2011 1:17:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Underhill25

I heard it turned into a mudslinging that went off the rails.

Still, it was a valid thread to be brought up to the community, mugslinging or not.
Coming back to YPP after a 2 years break..
[Nov 4, 2011 1:22:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethonx

The initial point was valid on some level, but the last 20 or so posts to it were pictures and "nananana i can do what i want!" posts, most of which were in direct violation of forum rules, OMs were well within their rights to sink it. It was highly obvious the relevance of the thread was dead, at that point.
Aethonx- Meridian
[Nov 4, 2011 2:07:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shut123

Im not attempting to defend Hurly in anyway, But If you (Avi) put so much time and effort into making the palace and other buildings on Olive nicer, and dumped money into changing banners (Lol) , Why did Legacy not defend the island? PA owns the island now (Sadly) , and can do what ever they want with the buildings.
Amin

Sons of Odin
Corruption
[Nov 4, 2011 4:52:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

There's a difference between running an island differently and destroying Avienda's legacy (Ithankyou) out of spite.
[removed by SOPA]
[Nov 4, 2011 5:15:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tyley

this thread is all about being petty
we own the island we can do what ever we want to it and at least hurly sent it back he could have dusted it
and if you have an issue third party and stop trying to simply defame us because that was the word of the previous governor not the current one
and if you wanted to make a lasting legacy dont use a building that changes ownership
-With love tyleyy<3
prince of MMW
[Edit 4 times, last edit by tyley at Nov 4, 2011 5:24:38 PM]
[Nov 4, 2011 5:17:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 98   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates