• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 185
Posts: 185   Pages: 7   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 21673 times and has 184 replies Next Thread
ryujinpp

Re: Regarding the Spawning of the New Greenie Influx Reply to this Post

Dwizzles wrote: 
Three Rings needs some core game play changes to help retain newer players and also keep older players around. Until that happens, they can combine into one ocean and population will continue to decrease.

OOO need to recognise that majority of gamers today are those who could only play 2~3hrs per day after school/work/etc and that those who could consistently play > 10hrs daily are just the minority

to increase playbase simply means being able to retain player bcos it is meaningless to have short-term influx of players who leaves instantly or within 1~2 week if there is no 'retention power'

with majority of players having limited gametime to PLAY, game design that requires them to WAIT in order to play just isnt going to keep them around for long (here i'm not referring to existing PP players but the general gaming audience)

putting aside graphical interface, sound effect etc etc.. ask yourself this question and answer honestly:
you could only afford to play 2~3hrs daily and you happened to stumble into this game call Puzzle Pirates; and you ended up waiting 1/3 of the time in order to play/puzzle while you are online... and there are many other games out there where you could play instantly ie 100% of your online time are spent playing/puzzling, where or what would you rather be playing?

existing PP players are different in that they have established something in the game, be it certain game goals that they wish to achieve before hanging up their swords or perhaps the social networking/friends that they have ingame etc etc

this don't apply to new players

new players need to be playing long enough to want to stay on playing, and making them wait in order to play just isnt going to keep them around for long
----------------------------------------
Galene tells ye, "I reserve the right to not deliver prizes to you anymore in the future :P"
Galene tells ye, "You crashed me 6 times!"

Ryujin on all oceans
[Nov 1, 2011 6:23:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/PuzzlePirates [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

existing PP players are different in that they have established something in the game, be it certain game goals that they wish to achieve before hanging up their swords or perhaps the social networking/friends that they have ingame etc etc

Not necessarily. I am an established player (it will be 5 years in January), king of my flag, senior officer, a boatload of trophies, and a halfway decent reputation. When I started out in YPP, 3-4 hours a day, 5-6 days a week was my norm. However, with the hassle of not being able to log on, jump on a ship, and tear off on my favorite types of voyage, I started looking for other games that gave me that satisfaction. I am now only on YPP for an hour or two, checking stalls/shops, moving commodities, or running down the competition-du-jour, and then only a couple days during the week. On the weekends, I am on a bit more to see friends and play in blockades (I cross-ocean if there is nothing blockaded on my home ocean.) However, those hours I used to play YPP during the week, I now spend on other games (primarily LoTR or PotC) simply because when I want to play something, I can log in and immediately start doing something fun. On my other pirate game, there is no waiting to fill ships - every ship can be solo'd with a modicum of success. There is no requirement to bring others along on adventures/outposts/quests (although doing so - especially at higher levels - improves my chance of success.) There are still opportunities for the social options, and I take advantage of those, but they are not a requirement for gameplay. The main reasons that I haven't abandoned YPP altogether is (1) the price - the long-term customer discount makes it $20 cheaper per year than the competition, and (b) the hope that the game designers will eventually improve the code so that waiting isn't occupying half to two-thirds of my available play time.

The military taught me patience... but that lesson will only go so far before the concept of "don't throw good money after bad" kicks in, and I make the permanent shift to other games, as have almost 90% of my in-game friends already.
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[Nov 1, 2011 6:40:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
Dwizzles

Mind the bump, but I just saw Spiral Knights on Kongregate. Hint hint nudge nudge wink wink. Would be nice to see YPP on casual gaming sites-seeing it on miniclip is how I and several other pirates found out about this game.
-Dwizzles
Captain of Skeletons
King of Illuminatti
[Nov 25, 2011 10:14:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ice_devil

I like how mala had this huge greenie influx and now it's below its old averages.

LOL
Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q
[Nov 26, 2011 7:18:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Klipper9

Too many oceans as it is, they need to shutter the ones with barely anyone on them to bring life and activity back, especially when many others are just populated with alts from other oceans, whats the point.
[Nov 28, 2011 9:16:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 185   Pages: 7   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates