• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 55
Posts: 55   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5790 times and has 54 replies Next Thread
LunEnvoy

Re: Reasons for not returning War Declarations?

Lune wrote: 
Not endorsing greenie hunting, but jus sayin.

----------------------------------------
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Oct 10, 2011 8:01:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Edit: Censored.
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sverdrup at Oct 10, 2011 9:08:04 PM]
[Oct 10, 2011 8:58:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

I thought it was a great post ;(
Roseh

[Oct 10, 2011 9:10:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2NDSKY

What I don't really get about a War is how exactly the other flag intends to put a dent in the other flags funds. I don't exactly know who said the part about making your oppenents funds hurt, but it makes little sense to me. The only way this could happen is if the monarch or royalities would fund back every sunk ship. But not every flag does this, and even then it wouldn't hurt that much unless your talking about 6 sinks a day for 10 days.

You could easely do it by hunting unaware newer players and pick them off when they only have 2 onboard, but then it's just about causing damage. I don't see the fun in that, you know you'll pick them off without any trouble. If you do it for the fun of a sinking battle, you should pick a challenge.

I always assumed War was for plain sinky fun, denying access to an islands port or to make crews leave or to just show that you don't like a flags playstyle. Pure political play.

Edit: When it's about boosting your crews rank, then hunting greenie navers is the easy way to go. A lot of crews tend to do this, and I can assume it's because loading a pillage that just wants to PvP hunt just doesn't fill. It's all about PoE, and PvP's just don't pay.

It would be nice to see some sort of award system or even trophy system for PvP pillages. Weeeeeeee, now that would be fun.
Shadowie on Obsidian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by 2NDSKY at Oct 11, 2011 6:07:41 AM]
[Oct 11, 2011 6:04:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

It was, Mimi, it was, but it did not have Milan Kundera's "Unbearable Lightness of Being" which I like better than "Laughable Loves."

Marto gets it, inadvertendly, while Lune and Avienda are still looking in the mirror rather than understanding what is.
[Oct 11, 2011 6:17:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

I wanted to bow at the way you managed to send some really classy "insults"; I was even looking for you but you weren't on :(.

I tip my hat off to you good sir.
Roseh

[Oct 11, 2011 6:29:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the_rock99

And really, the only reason small flags want wars with large ones is to greenie hunt. That's lame - go sack up and challenge some 4v4/5v5 sinking small board with some skilled navvers.

All I hear in this entire thread is about greenies being hunted. As for the ocean as a whole, I have one thing to say about greenies being hunted. The strong survive. The rest of you will fall behind.

I remember when Thorn kicked my ass in a PvP when I was in Jnc's crew. I wasn't even hunting him and got engaged. He killed me in navigation and I managed to disengage. He then booched a tell to me saying "Should we return their war dec and sink his ship?". (For those of you that don't know, Jnc and Thorn hated each other and Jnc had a war declaration on him that he never ever returned and he got flamed a lot for it etc.)

Was I mad at the time? Hell yes. But if it wasn't for Thorn kicking my ass that day, I wouldn't have practiced my navigation half as much as I do today so that I can make sure that the next time a situation like that arises I'm prepared.

I know not everyone thinks like me, but at the end of the day it comes down to perspective. You're forgetting this is a game and PvP fights are part of this game whether you're a greenie or not.

So if you do get picked off as a greenie by another officer who enjoys that sort of thing, take it as a learning experience and move on.
Greatness.
Better than you.
[Oct 11, 2011 7:41:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

I think is the same reason why people don't make wars in RL...

You don't have petroleum to take it out from you...

Just saying <3!!

Muaah
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Oct 11, 2011 7:47:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Elliptic

There's nothing wrong with not opting into parts of the game you don't enjoy. That's my perspective.
"That is not how the question frames itself."

Wend, royal archophobe
[Oct 11, 2011 8:00:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Greatness: well said. You reminded me why I initially liked you.

Sver: Then to you I spose Ill always be blissfully ignorant.
LoLune

[Oct 11, 2011 8:20:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

I imagine getting sank by Thorn would be a life changing experience for anyone.
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Oct 11, 2011 10:20:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WenchCleo

There's nothing wrong with not opting into parts of the game you don't enjoy. That's my perspective.

Exactly!
Tikao of Viridian Meridian Ocean
Captain of Dark Horizon, Queen of Brink of Dawn

Martobain wrote: 
This thread is like a spanish soap series, I don't have a clue what they are saying and all the actors suck.

[Oct 11, 2011 10:51:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the_rock99

I didn't get sunk. I got away ;)
Greatness.
Better than you.
[Oct 11, 2011 12:26:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

I didn't get sunk. I got away ;)

Okay then you're free to go.
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Oct 11, 2011 1:55:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

The wit that lit yer bit is neither tit nor tat ;-)
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Sverdrup at Oct 12, 2011 4:37:27 AM]
[Oct 12, 2011 4:16:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ridpvp

The best way to get war....

Spam declarations at everyone.
Ridpvp and Monotonous --- Meridian
[Oct 16, 2011 9:46:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

The current wars of Legacy provide another example of why the war mechanic is broken:

As the sinking gets too hot, the wars get too long, the weaker hunted crews of Legacy leave the flag to the Legacy alt-flag "Safe Zone" and from there elsewhere.

This is the Legacy we know ... hypocritical and always exploring the grey area to circumvent game mechanics creatively to avoid the consequences of their actions.

The former Legacy crews "Kraken's Fury" and "Mob" both left the war via invitations to the Legacy alt flag "Safe Zone."
[Oct 28, 2011 7:37:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

At least they war.

How many other flags would be whining like pathetic babies were their wars as many as in legacy world atm.
LoLune

[Oct 28, 2011 7:49:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Have you not noticed which wars Legacy accepted and which wars they didn't? Didn't you hear about Avienda encouraging pirates to avoid a war by greeter pillaging?, or how she had Ridiculous make a alt flag to avoid the war on Nightmare cause she doesn't want her precious Imperials lost or the "Nightmares Sink League" with more negative numbers? Does it really surprise anyone this new way to avoid wars? It surely doesn't surprise me.

Let me remind you Legacys Public Statement:

This is not a flag for the meek. If you would cry over a sunker ship or a break when the war gets rough, then we are probably not the flag for you.

Might want to update that flag statement, your flag is anything but what you say it is.
Roseh

[Oct 28, 2011 8:30:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rissarissa13

The best way to get war....

Spam declarations at everyone.

Best way to avoid war is...

To decide to not declare war on a flag.

I asked you numerous times to WD this certain flag, but you didn't. Funny fact is you accepted my alt flag WD where I can't possibly do anything due to the fact of you pointing out fingers of alt abuse. :)

I also agree Roseh, in a way. Avoid pvps using greeter pillages suck and is truly pathetic.

Have you not noticed which wars Legacy accepted and which wars they didn't? Didn't you hear about Avienda encouraging pirates to avoid a war by greeter pillaging?, or how she had Ridiculous make a alt flag to avoid the war on Nightmare cause she doesn't want her precious Imperials lost or the "Nightmares Sink League" with more negative numbers? Does it really surprise anyone this new way to avoid wars? It surely doesn't surprise me.

Also, most of the wars they accepted was because they thought the flags would be easy sinks due to a lot of noob officers. >.>
Riss -Sweet Surrender -Princess of Imperial Coalition - Meridian

But, even when our hopes give way to reality and we finally have to surrender to the truth, it just means we've lost today battle. Not tomorrows war. - Grey's Anatomy

[Edit 1 times, last edit by rissarissa13 at Oct 28, 2011 8:51:37 AM]
[Oct 28, 2011 8:49:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the_rock99

Also, most of the wars they accepted was because they thought the flags would be easy sinks due to a lot of noob officers. >.>

In all fairness Legacy accepted our war declaration. I do not consider my flag full of "noob officers".
Greatness.
Better than you.
[Oct 28, 2011 9:54:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rissarissa13

In all fairness Legacy accepted our war declaration. I do not consider my flag full of "noob officers".

Yes, but you were also in the top 10, which is why you were accepted. Say what you want, but the main reason they accepted flags in the top ten was due to easy sinks.
Riss -Sweet Surrender -Princess of Imperial Coalition - Meridian

But, even when our hopes give way to reality and we finally have to surrender to the truth, it just means we've lost today battle. Not tomorrows war. - Grey's Anatomy

[Oct 28, 2011 1:07:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Elliptic

People should always use alt flags to avoid war.
"That is not how the question frames itself."

Wend, royal archophobe
[Oct 29, 2011 3:24:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Elliptic wrote: 
People should always use alt flags to avoid war.

Funny thing, that in the current wars only Legacy follows this advice.

So, despite its formerly 350 members (down to 270 now) Legacy has turned itself into a 5-pirate flag whose flag-wide battle records show about 8 battles/day (or 1/40 battles/pirate/day). Our small crew of 75 members does about twice as much (or 1/8 battles/pirate/day). So yeah, we are the stupid ones here, as we put ships out while Legacy creates alt-flags to avoid the potentially negative consequences of war.

To me this is low and hypocritical.

Long live the elitists, they are killing one ocean after another, not with war or blockades, but with the way they "enhance" their own game experience at the expense of everyone else (yes, Avienda, this is directed at you): Just ask Darlie, how happy, vibrant, and hopping a place Cobalt has become. Viridian is only a year, maybe two years behind ... because of the way that elitist and hypocritical flags and skilled pirates like Avienda reproduce only within their small-minded, dilusional, in-breed circle.

EDIT: In-breeding leads to genetic defects that include mental instability, faulty reading of political landscapes, and dullness. It has been very common among European royality who may dress sharply, but are not always the sharpest tools in the kit. Occam's razor is not something they know how to deal with (<--- tarting insult).
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Sverdrup at Oct 29, 2011 5:40:47 AM]
[Oct 29, 2011 5:14:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

I love the war mechanic. Being such a salmon and all.
Hence- if you war and don't bitch about it, thats points.
If you dance around in said wars on pussyfeet (as you say Legacy is), well, thats points off, but not relevant to my statement.

Edit: Sver-
Legacy is Elitist.
And Im in the flag.

Bahahahahahaha. Right-o sonny
LoLune

[Edit 1 times, last edit by LunEnvoy at Oct 29, 2011 10:09:17 AM]
[Oct 29, 2011 10:05:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 55   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates