• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2070 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Twoknives9

war declaration Reply to this Post

My question is: if you receive a declaration of war, are you automatically in war even if you don't want the war? Our crew and flag are small and would stand no chance against a larger flag so do you have to accept this declaration...if not what is the next step?
Thanks for any help offered.
[Sep 2, 2011 9:52:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Re: war declaration Reply to this Post

No. Only when both sides have approved war declarations does a state of war exist.

You will see this often in blockades when the attackers must declare war against the defenders in order to declare the blockade in the first place. It is up to the defenders whether they want to go to war and force a sinking blockade.
----------------------------------------
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Sep 2, 2011 9:55:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

Although, as long as the war dec is in place, you are unable to port in the declaring flag's islands.
Ions
Captain of the Pimps at Sea.

Avatars by Inghild, Yumisa ...and Imp.
[Sep 2, 2011 10:14:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
Ice_devil

And we can all laugh at you. Not for using 'and' as the first word in a sentence, but for not accepting the war dec.
Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q
[Sep 3, 2011 6:08:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zava

Ignore Hellacious, he's grumpy.

You can find more information here: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/War

(Twoknives, check your PM inbox)
Zava, Obsidian & Sage.
Vodoodude tells ye, "wow yer a life saver"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Zava at Sep 3, 2011 9:54:55 AM]
[Sep 3, 2011 7:28:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZavaIsALifesaver/ [Link]  Go to top 
Twoknives9

Thanks to all who shared information with me and for those who chose to criticize, I wish ye well. There is much to learn about this game and I appreciate anyone who is willing to help make the learning a little easier. Thanks again and may the winds of good fortune always be with ye.

Twoknives
[Sep 4, 2011 11:33:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PracticalM

My question is: if you receive a declaration of war, are you automatically in war even if you don't want the war? Our crew and flag are small and would stand no chance against a larger flag so do you have to accept this declaration...if not what is the next step?
Thanks for any help offered.

Don't believe that you don't have a chance just because you are small. Get your hearties and go hunting. Or do some arranged 2v2 sloop battles since full sloops are hard to sink.

The biggest worry is if you are merchants and need to move goods around.

Wars are fun.
Silverstache
Prince of Otherworld
Senior Officer and Drunk of Mad Mutineers
[Sep 6, 2011 2:18:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ice_devil

Ignore Hellacious, he's grumpy.

You can find more information here: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/War

(Twoknives, check your PM inbox)

<333
Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q
[Sep 9, 2011 6:07:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates