• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 42
Posts: 42   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6934 times and has 41 replies Next Thread
rissarissa13

Re: watch this cheat

For the record changing colors of puzzles aren't a cheat. I had my bilge pieces changed because I can't tell navy from the blue due to the fact I'm color blind to the whole color blue, so telling any shades I have a difficult time doing it. If I could I would change my Rigging & HS board, but we can't do that so, I just live with the fact it hurts my eyes ever running a HS.

Edit: Before anything is said. Yes, I had permission from OM & the Devs to change my account pieces, but they are now changed back.
----------------------------------------
Riss -Sweet Surrender -Princess of Imperial Coalition - Meridian

But, even when our hopes give way to reality and we finally have to surrender to the truth, it just means we've lost today battle. Not tomorrows war. - Grey's Anatomy

[Edit 1 times, last edit by rissarissa13 at Aug 4, 2011 5:54:42 AM]
[Aug 4, 2011 5:50:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

For the record changing colors of puzzles aren't a cheat. I had my bilge pieces changed because I can't tell navy from the blue due to the fact I'm color blind to the whole color blue, so telling any shades I have a difficult time doing it. If I could I would change my Rigging & HS board, but we can't do that so, I just live with the fact it hurts my eyes ever running a HS.

Edit: Before anything is said. Yes, I had permission from OM & the Devs to change my account pieces, but they are now changed back.

Maybe they auto-reset when you install a bilge bot.

I don't know, just trying to help.
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Aug 4, 2011 6:32:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ACJD

I'm disappointed, I wanted to see some really cool modification that made your opponent's computer melt in the middle of the swordfight.

As Sweetiepiepi correctly noted, Cephalopod explicitly stated that modifying any of your game files without permission is a violation of the ToS, specifically citing this modification as an example. So without permission you are technically cheating. As Motou has said though, visual impairments can be means to be granted individual permission to alter your graphics to appropriately negate any disadvantages you might suffer.

Personally, I'd love to see them make it an official change to swordfighting. It would make it an even playing field for everyone and it just makes the puzzle look so much better.
[Aug 4, 2011 7:45:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rissarissa13

For the record changing colors of puzzles aren't a cheat. I had my bilge pieces changed because I can't tell navy from the blue due to the fact I'm color blind to the whole color blue, so telling any shades I have a difficult time doing it. If I could I would change my Rigging & HS board, but we can't do that so, I just live with the fact it hurts my eyes ever running a HS. Edit: Before anything is said. Yes, I had permission from OM & the Devs to change my account pieces, but they are now changed back.
Maybe they auto-reset when you install a bilge bot. I don't know, just trying to help.
Actually marto it was changed when I deleted the game off my computer and I don`t play that much to even bother to get it back to where it can help me. and I didn`t bot for the last time. all of my stats are my own and legit.
Riss -Sweet Surrender -Princess of Imperial Coalition - Meridian

But, even when our hopes give way to reality and we finally have to surrender to the truth, it just means we've lost today battle. Not tomorrows war. - Grey's Anatomy

[Aug 4, 2011 11:50:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ichlet8

Maybe they auto-reset when you install a bilge bot.

I don't know, just trying to help.

The theory makes sense to me. We need a larger trial audience, though to know for sure. I wonder if Skit and Solame are available...
~Ichigokuro, Viridian

It's disgusting how little that you try;
the existential equivalent of pink eye.
[Aug 4, 2011 12:01:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kutamarmi

Not only did Cephalopod mention it in his posts that it is allowed but it is stated on the YPPeddia page that talks about use of Third Party Software down near the bottom under Modifying Game Files.

You can view that from: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Official:Third_Party_Software
"It's not a skill, it's an attitude..."

Kutamar, Viridian
Captain of Deep Within
[Aug 4, 2011 12:48:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dalnoth

lol Motou's getting written up for J-walking.
Dalnoth
Novo tells ye, "Howtie removed me as a manager from her tailor, my wager swordfighting career is over :(."
[Aug 4, 2011 2:05:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://somethingawful.com [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Dal, one of my friends got taken home to their parents by police for J-walking in Mississauga once, no joke.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Aug 4, 2011 4:04:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ichlet8

Jay walking tickets are the only way ASU can fund and rationalize their campus police station....seen dozens of people get busted for it. IZ SIRIUS BIZZNESS!!!
~Ichigokuro, Viridian

It's disgusting how little that you try;
the existential equivalent of pink eye.
[Aug 4, 2011 4:19:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
slimshaded

lol Motou's getting written up for J-walking.

Badguy
[Aug 4, 2011 4:26:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Orick3

My mother in law got run over by a car because she J-Walked. She was catapulted 14 feet away from where she was standing. She had a ruptured meniscus in her knee and was on disability for a while. She sued the driver and won. The verdict was that regardless if she broke the jaywalking law or not, the pedestrian ALWAYS has the right of way. She got about $25,000. I think.
Orick on the Viridian Ocean
Fleet Officer and Midshipman in the Pouncing Piranhas Crew
United We Stand Flag
[Aug 5, 2011 9:22:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
[Aug 5, 2011 10:50:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 42   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates