• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 70
Posts: 70   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10219 times and has 69 replies Next Thread
Judiciousman

Re: Legacy (You're So Cute)

Yes, we're defending how today's blockade went but that's because you're whining over, essentially, a sinking blockade. This has got to be the first flamefest I've ever seen where people are actually complaining about a sinker with such vehemency.

Sorry, making a blockade sinking purely to sink a smaller flags fleet is a great tactic and should be endorsed! Who needs points, right?
----------------------------------------
Wirelesscon, Wirelessconn - Emerald
Wirelesscon - Meridian

Causing 87 comment facebook wars like it's my job.
Melany tells ye, "I secretly like you"
Daquan tells ye, "hi bby how are you <3333"
[Jul 30, 2011 7:24:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
false_dmitri

Solate wrote: 
This was the lowest thing I have seen in viridian.. ever.

...you haven't seen very much of Viridian??
Chiptherip wrote: 
Inability to read and logically respond is countered by illogical graphics.

That's in the forum charter.
On hiatus. :(
[Jul 30, 2011 7:24:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Solate tells ye, "Dont worry :-) Knockout is a coming"

Oh snap bro. Snap.

Hahahaha DAD, some bullies beat me up at school today! Please come save me!
Captainrich
[Jul 30, 2011 7:27:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

Yes, we're defending how today's blockade went but that's because you're whining over, essentially, a sinking blockade. This has got to be the first flamefest I've ever seen where people are actually complaining about a sinker with such vehemency.

Sorry, making a blockade sinking purely to sink a smaller flags fleet is a great tactic and should be endorsed! Who needs points, right?

We sunk 5 ships. Big fleet guys.
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Jul 30, 2011 7:27:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Judiciousman

In 1 round? Where Shadowy didn't plan to keep on sending ships in? If he actually went for 3 rounds where Legacy's frigs just chased around the brigs for sinks, then that would've left quite a dent in their fleet. Shadowy decided Viridis wasn't worth that, and it was a smart decision by him.
Wirelesscon - Meridian

[Jul 30, 2011 7:29:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

Oh snap bro. Snap.

Lul.
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Jul 30, 2011 7:29:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

In 1 round? Where Shadowy didn't plan to keep on sending ships in? If he actually went for 3 rounds where Legacy's frigs just chased around the brigs for sinks, then that would've left quite a dent in their fleet. Shadowy decided Viridis wasn't worth that, and it was a smart decision by him.

If Shadowy thinks Viridis isn't worth a few ships why would he blockade it. You should always be prepared for a sinker, no matter what. That's how blockades work.
Elfeesh

[Jul 30, 2011 7:33:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Judiciousman

If Shadowy thinks Viridis isn't worth a few ships why would he blockade it. You should always be prepared for a sinker, no matter what. That's how blockades work.

You aren't obviously seeing my point. This was NOT the same as a typical sinking blockade. 3 frigs chasing around like 3 brigs ignoring the whole oceanside of the board is not a typical blockade. It was clear that Legacy had no intention to win on points but just to wipe off FF's fleet. Is that really worth Viridis to you?
Wirelesscon - Meridian

[Jul 30, 2011 7:36:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Can we stop with the back and forth please? Both flags are just going round in circles and it's making me dizzy.

Some people wanted this to be a fair blockade, however, considering your history did you really think that was going to happen? Unless both flags were willing to get over what happened before and were actively going to show that they're over it, a 'fair' blockade wasn't going to happen. Legacy should've taken into consideration who they were going up against. FF is a new blockading flag that's still learning. Legacy claim they would like to encourage newer flags onto the blockade scene and promote fair blockades, but seeing them put that into practice would be nice. Fast Forward should've been clearer on how they wanted the blockade to go. It's not hard asking for a capped, non-sinking blockade. The only hard thing about it is swallowing some pride and working up the courage to ask for that. To be honest, neither flag is great with words and that might be because the first language of the people involved isn't English.

I think in situations like these, it would be best to either announce on the forums your intentions (such as caps and what not) if the blockade is just for learning purposes, or get some sort of mediator. I think this is just starting to get petty and immature, especially considering the tournaments in-game. Act like you have some sort of dignity and respect for yourselves.
Anchovia
[Edit 1 times, last edit by anchovygirl at Jul 30, 2011 7:51:02 PM]
[Jul 30, 2011 7:47:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

To win a blockade you must win 3 round out of 5. To win a round, you must hold more points than your adversaries. Today, Legacy won. To win, Legacy must have held more points in 3 out of 5 rounds than their adversaries. Only 3 rounds out of 5 were played. This means Legacy must have won the first 3 rounds. This means they must have had more points than their adversaries for all 3 of those rounds.

To sum up, sinking you worked because we got more points. We won using a valid tactic and y'all decided to throw a shitstorm-hissy fit on the forums.

But no, it probably isn't worth that much to me. I agree, Shadowy probably was right to pull out. But he should never have dropped if he was afraid of losing a few ships.
Elfeesh

[Jul 30, 2011 7:47:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

They call that Anchboned
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Jul 30, 2011 7:50:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Anchboned sounds lame, how about Anchowned?

But I just want to say Elfeesh, I saw part of R1 and it was pretty clear that Legacy was going for sinks since their frigs were near some FF ships that were together island side. If they were going for the win, they would've done something about the point-sitting brig oceanside.

(I think that's what happened anyway)
Anchovia
[Jul 30, 2011 7:54:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perenoel1

If people want anything special about a blockade; Non-sinking, pay cap, jobber cap ,ship cap, whatever... they should ask before they decide to drop. Most of the time something can be worked out, with the occasional condition that it be at a good time for the defender or is not part of a multi-drop at the same time or something, but you shouldn't expect things you didn't ask for.
Tzz Made of Fail on Midnight
Tzz's Ultimate puzzle Guide
[Jul 30, 2011 8:38:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Judiciousman

To sum up, sinking you worked because we got more points. We won using a valid tactic and y'all decided to throw a shitstorm-hissy fit on the forums.

You forgot the part where FF stopped sending ships in. If this was non-sinky, and we kept on sending ships in, it may have had a different outcome.
Wirelesscon - Meridian

[Jul 30, 2011 8:51:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chillii

Oh snap bro. Snap.

Also buy me 5000 dubs!

D:
Chillii.
[Jul 30, 2011 9:22:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Iameric

Oh snap bro. Snap.

Also buy me 5000 dubs!

D:

Make it 10,000!
Iameric - Meridian/Emerald - Bacon Strips
[Jul 30, 2011 9:51:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

You can't really blame getting outjobbed when you aren't actively taking measures not to get outjobbed.

You also can't assume a blockade is nonsinking unless otherwise is specified.

Lastly, blaming your opponent for a round you could've won yet failed to shut down is definately going to save you your face, but you can be pretty sure the same mistakes will be repeated again on the board.

I can agree to you that if you were told by Legacy it was going to be nonsinking and inflag they pulled a douchebag move, but regardless of the answer to that you probably learned a valuable lesson today if you could stop passing on the blame to the guys teaching it to you.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Jul 31, 2011 1:32:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ameranth

Legacy, please cut the crap. Admit you are in the game for island holding. Don't pretend you care about developing in flag talent (you recruited out of flag for JC/VA and navvers)

Really? Out of flag JC/VA and navvers? Really???
Let's see...

JC/LA - Me, and I'm pretty sure I'm in Legacy. I was assisted by Nativepride, and yep, he's in Legacy too.

BA - Qvintus, and once again I'm pretty sure he's in Legacy.

Navvers - Avienda, also in Legacy I think. Darlie, Elfeesh and Whitehaze I'm not sure about, but I have seen them in crew chat for months so I guess they must be Legacy as well. Martobain and Dachimpy navved for us, and aren't part of Legacy, so I'll give you that one. To be fair, I'd heard Marto was a Legacy royal, but that person may have been confused at the time.

XO's - A lot... More than we had navvers. I didn't get all their names, but Legacy every one.

So... Out of the 9 primary cade staff, 7 were from Legacy. Include the XO's, and it's about 13/15. I can see how we had to go outside the flag to win. It couldn't have been that we invited two friends to nav for us because they were, you know, *friends*.

What makes this go beyond simple whining and enter the realm of mind-blowing hypocrisy is that for all the tarting you're doing about us asking two friends if they wanted to nav, you yourself were an out of flag navver. That's right. The person screaming that using any non-flag cade staff is a foul crime, is himself not a member of the flag he was navving for. Double standards much?

So to summarize... When we invite two friends from outside the flag to join in, it's worthy of a diatribe on the forums, yet when you yourself do it it's not even worth mentioning. And yes, the total was two. Two out of the fifteen or so cade staff. Yet you're trying to claim most of our staff wasn't from Legacy? Yet another whiner who either doesn't have a clue what they're talking about, or does know but would rather lie since the facts are against them.
Ameranth of Viridian Meridian
Senior Officer of Nightmare, Prince of Legacy
[Jul 31, 2011 1:36:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Ame, that's a nice post but don't forget Zwartetulp and Louberry among the XOs! (Though Zwarte didn't make it for R1, but still.)

And to Dahl, I agree it would have been downright nasty to say we'd go non-sinking (and inflag, if that matters), and then make sinking last minute, but you know we never said that, right?
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Jul 31, 2011 2:42:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

Man, what's this assumption that talent can only be developed inflag.

I don't know if I have talent or not, but I do know that I was taught out of flag with a new team to work with every weekend. Don't try to develop like 10 navers at once because you'll just end up with 10 mediocre ones.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Jul 31, 2011 3:13:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

Solate has been removed from yer hearty list.

Why was he even on the list? You liked him? Get over it guys. :(
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Jul 31, 2011 3:42:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
briskysforum

Aren't ships made to be sunk?
Support Response:
Poor Alice. Hang tight. ====== Alright, Alice has been restored to you.
Most hated pirate in meridian and viridian 2 years running :D
[Jul 31, 2011 5:18:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

Aren't ships made to be sunk?

They are made to travel on water primarily...
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Jul 31, 2011 6:01:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

Last post on the subject. I've said what I wanted; people have expressed support and agreement, so that's all that matters.

Really? Out of flag JC/VA and navvers? Really??? Let's see...

Only because a certain few people you guys asked couldn't/wouldn't show. I won't name names, they can out themselves, but if everyone showed who you asked, the majority of your executive staff, if not all of it, would have been out of flag. Hate to burst your bubble, though, but for a valueless outpost, you are simply Legacy's third choice for JC. That always has to feel rewarding.

And I never said that out of flag talent was a bad thing. In fact, that's why I was helping FF - 'in flag' can't learn if they don't have anyone experienced to work with. You should have read a little closer, I have been working with Shadowy for quite a long time - he has navved in one of my blockades and friends' blockades; he is actively trying to become a blockade leader. His other navs were picked my him to get experience (its gotta come from somewhere). I was just noting that, if I were Legacy, I wouldn't take those defensive actions on the crappiest of my five islands. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a decent player that would do the same (if in the situation). Obviously, someone in Legacy must have been a little butthurt (or inable to read what you have posted on your website).

Y'all really straight up glossing over what I post or simply misreading it. I don't care about the result. Shit happens. I'm just pointing out that for as much as Legacy talks, they don't follow through on any of it. As much as Legacy's members deride KO on the forums, they sure pure pretty similar moves. That is merely the point of my posts; cut the entitlement crap, it certainly hasn't been earned.

Edit - Lulz - they removed the "we don't like flags that bully new flags" from their website. Or at least I'm blind and can't find it on the page it previously was on.
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Chiptharip at Jul 31, 2011 8:54:16 AM]
[Jul 31, 2011 7:58:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Last post on the subject. I've said what I wanted; people have expressed support and agreement, so that's all that matters.

Really? Out of flag JC/VA and navvers? Really??? Let's see...

Only because a certain few people you guys asked couldn't/wouldn't show. I won't name names, they can out themselves, but if everyone showed who you asked, the majority of your executive staff, if not all of it, would have been out of flag. Hate to burst your bubble, though, but for a valueless outpost, you are simply Legacy's third choice for JC. That always has to feel rewarding.

And I never said that out of flag talent was a bad thing. In fact, that's why I was helping FF - 'in flag' can't learn if they don't have anyone experienced to work with. You should have read a little closer, I have been working with Shadowy for quite a long time - he has navved in one of my blockades and friends' blockades; he is actively trying to become a blockade leader. His other navs were picked my him to get experience (its gotta come from somewhere). I was just noting that, if I were Legacy, I wouldn't take those defensive actions on the crappiest of my five islands. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a decent player that would do the same (if in the situation). Obviously, someone in Legacy must have been a little butthurt (or inable to read what you have posted on your website).

Y'all really straight up glossing over what I post or simply misreading it. I don't care about the result. Shit happens. I'm just pointing out that for as much as Legacy talks, they don't follow through on any of it. As much as Legacy's members deride KO on the forums, they sure pure pretty similar moves. That is merely the point of my posts; cut the entitlement crap, it certainly hasn't been earned.

Edit - Lulz - they removed the "we don't like flags that bully new flags" from their website. Or at least I'm blind and can't find it on the page it previously was on.

Eeeeh.... You might just be trolling me but in that case, fine, I'll take the bait.

When we asked Whiterose, Anchovia, Melany, Shezzy and Dalnoth to JC for us, we only had Nativepride for landstaff. His experience was limited to helping out in three blockades, we were not going to let him handle JCing + LAing all alone that soon, we needed a second. Millemus is not around any more, Sailingrosy came home late from vacation and hadn't slept that night, we couldn't get hold of Satisfies, and Ameranth usually spends his weekends at the gym. However, we were so lucky this week that Ameranth hurt his ankle and had to stay at home, issue solved. I don't think he has to feel very unloved because of that. :)

I think that blockades like the first one at Viridis, Surtsey against NOO, the latest cades at Harmattan and Cochineal, as well as previous blockades at Garden Gradle and Polaris Point leave your argument about us "not following through" pretty much void. And please link me to what our members have said about KO, would you?

Our homepage has not been updated, you must simply be a bit blind.

And, I looked through the thread that followed our extremely friendly blockade av Viridis. Not 100+ posts, but well 85. Here it is, if anyone wants some more reading:

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=170255&offset=0

Also, a few quotes from that thread, that should have given a hint that we would act differently if FF dropped again, by Qvintus and myself respectively:

How ever if people dont stopp trying to paint us our as bullies just for enjoying the game we might turn ugly. There is no rule that says Legacy must play nice. Don't shout Satan unless you are ready to meet him.

The only thing these whiners can achieve is that we won't bother playing nice in the future, since we get flamed all the same.

Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Jul 31, 2011 9:36:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2NDSKY

The only thing these whiners can achieve is that we won't bother playing nice in the future, since we get flamed all the same.

Good because, we got 0% interest in future blockades against Legacy anyway.

After all the exchanging of words, I got a few last things on my mind.
We learned yet another valuable lesson out of this: Don't take anything for granted, even if it seems that way.

Next blockade we attend we will put all our intentions on the table, and what we would like to see in the blockade, so no doubt will be possible. If the defender doesn't like them, we can always adapt. I still don't agree with this weekend indicent. Since you need both parties to be willing to negotiate. Other then that, good game.
Shadowiie on Emerald
[Jul 31, 2011 9:47:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ameranth

Ame, that's a nice post but don't forget Zwartetulp and Louberry among the XOs! (Though Zwarte didn't make it for R1, but still.)

My bad. As I said, I didn't get the names of all the XO's, or I'd have listed them. So the numbers go to 7/9 core staff, or 12/15 with XO's. My point still stands.
[Jul 31, 2011 10:56:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Eeeeh.... You might just be trolling me but in that case, fine, I'll take the bait.

When we asked Whiterose, Anchovia, Melany, Shezzy and Dalnoth to JC for us

This was all I really bothered to read for your post. To the first part, yeah, Chip's written 10 or so coherently thought out posts with good points in the two threads that you have sidestepped continuously, but HE'S TROLLING. No, you're just retarded. (Crap I said retarded does that mean Subtle Tease can't get a friendly kade anymore? Sorry Anch.)

Then, you are like "HMMM WE HAVE ONE LANDSTAFF AND HE'S NOT AMAZING....Well, since this is Viridis we better ask Whiterose, Anchovia, Melany, people who JC almost every weekend cause that's the kind of staff we need at Viridis against a small flag in a friendly blockade!"

Seriously, you need to grow some emotional balls and be able to take someone bringing up a 3p that affected a blockade in a very negative way. He has a right to be pissed off about it, and he was pretty kind when he stated it in the logs you showed in the other thread, so your excuses of "They weren't friendly, they were asking for it" is pathetic.

Furthermore, all this crap from all of your flag's representatives saying "We only do friendly blockades in our pond, which is Dendrite" is a bag of shit. Viridis is just as crappy of an island if not more crappy than Dendrite. There is no reason you should be handling a Viridis cade against an inexperienced flag in a must win manner, you should be using it to have fun or train in flag staff even if you don't like the people you are against for whatever irrational reason.

Your attitude on the forums is pathetic, and your actions in game are too. You have proclaimed you wish to help new flags, and then you shatter them because they were pissed about something they should be pissed about, and because it's Viridis.

But yeah. We're all trolling you, you saying to Shadowy "Let's have a fun kade" right after he asks for a friendly kade and then going sinking 2 minutes pre because "Q doesn't like him" is cool.

Remember that parenting thing? Yeah. LOWBLOW.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jul 31, 2011 1:00:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

Your attitude on the forums is pathetic

Elfeesh

[Jul 31, 2011 1:05:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ameranth

Solate has been removed from yer hearty list.

Why was he even on the list? You liked him? Get over it guys. :(

That was the server message he got as he removed me, which he also pasted to me. If I'm pasting a conversation, I'm pasting the complete thing, not selectively editing so it looks better. I don't need to do that.
[Jul 31, 2011 3:51:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 70   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates