• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3492 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Yumiko

Performing maintenance on ships while docked Reply to this Post

Why isn't it possible to perform Carpentry, Bilging and Cannon Reloading while the ship is docked?
[Sep 22, 2003 7:51:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Re: Performing maintenance on ships while docked Reply to this Post

Because damage and bilge is repaired when you leave your ship, and gunnery is something you can do when you first set sail, and during the battle.. it doesnt take long to fill them.
----------------------------------------
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Sep 22, 2003 8:07:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

If it's not on The List, it's at least on The List of Stuff We've Been Asking For.
[Sep 22, 2003 9:28:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

A cool duty puzzle which makes sense is careening/dry-docking. Both involve getting rid of barnacles. In a safe port, dry-docking can be done, but careening is much more fun. Back to the original suggestion though, why shouldn't ships in port be shot at, too? Game balance methinks.

Dylan
[Sep 22, 2003 9:48:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Back to the original suggestion though, why shouldn't ships in port be shot at, too? Game balance methinks.

Except for the "my stuff gets ruined when I'm not even online playing" problem.
[Sep 22, 2003 10:31:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

That too, obviously. My point was that you shouldn't be able to load cannons without being at risk, not that a ship with nobody at all aboard should be a fair target. Now, I personally don't think it a good idea for vessels in port to be damageable, so neither should they be able to load cannon. This is the matter of game balance. When blockades and multi-ship battles come, there will be different issues.

Dylan
[Sep 22, 2003 11:23:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Cannons unload automatically after a while already when unused. Loading them in port wouldn't unbalance anything, in my opinion.
[Sep 23, 2003 12:24:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Being able to repair in port (possible with no effort, but for a fee) is indeed on The List.
----------------------------------------
[Sep 23, 2003 1:38:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates