• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 27
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4080 times and has 26 replies Next Thread
Captanharris

Intent to blockade Harmattan

If you cant see the picture

Harmattan Blockade
Midnight game time
Pay 500 certain to rise
Sinking - Lets hope so
JC's are Bellah and Lizzyalt

If we win the island we plan to drop taxes down to 50% to better the island and the oceans economy.
[Jul 16, 2011 12:00:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chillii

Re: Intent to blockade Harmattan

Oh gee. 3 Am my time, 4 am Goldschmidt's time, and also extremely early for Huhla and Babybelinda. Well, good luck I guess.
----------------------------------------
Chillii.
[Jul 16, 2011 7:14:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luxory

Oh gee. 3 Am my time, 4 am Goldschmidt's time, and also extremely early for Huhla and Babybelinda. Well, good luck I guess.

It's a good time for the aussies, attackers advantage.
Luxory on Obsidian.
Aristoza flag royalty chats, "Ro initiated all the greenies by getting them on one big ship and sinking them all at once"
Positive Penguins
[Jul 16, 2011 7:47:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chillii

I know this.
Chillii.
[Jul 16, 2011 8:09:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luxory

I know this.

And yet you still felt the need to complain.

^5
Luxory on Obsidian.
Aristoza flag royalty chats, "Ro initiated all the greenies by getting them on one big ship and sinking them all at once"
Positive Penguins
[Jul 16, 2011 9:08:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chillii

I know this.

And yet you still felt the need to complain.

^5

As you feel the need to comment on everything, I felt the need to complain. I didn't say they should not do anything to change it, nor that it was not a good time for aussies, I simply stated the fact that it is a bad time for the people of OF. Am I not permitted to complain that I have to wake up or stay up until 3 AM for a game?
Chillii.
[Jul 16, 2011 9:47:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sav_

Let's be fair, the royals of OF complain whenever they get blockaded.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sav_ at Jul 16, 2011 10:14:09 AM]
[Jul 16, 2011 10:13:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Goldschmidt4

I'd jut like to point that when we caded Cochineal against TFF, we actually contacted them to set up a good time for BOTH sides.

I know that the attacking flag has the right to chose a time but, I really thought you could repay the favor.

But the point is, next time, let's see if we can actually go for a fair cade? With a good time for both sides... Anyways, Good Luck TFF ^_^ Hope we have some fun!

By the way Sav, it is ok to be mad after your flag went broke on Olive cade.
Goldschmidt on everywhere.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Goldschmidt4 at Jul 16, 2011 10:53:24 AM]
[Jul 16, 2011 10:51:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chillii

Goldschmidt on everywhere.

Ready to kill you in every piracy puzzle.

Except guns.
Chillii.
[Jul 16, 2011 10:52:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sav_

Oh we're not fussed. We had a lot of fun that cade, and then had the rest of the day to do whatever we like as we chose a good drop time for us!

You guys seem to not be able to understand or accept the concept of "the attacker gets to choose the drop time".
[Jul 16, 2011 10:59:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chillii

Oh we're not fussed. We had a lot of fun that cade, and then had the rest of the day to do whatever we like as we chose a good drop time for us!

You guys seem to not be able to understand or accept the concept of "the attacker gets to choose the drop time".

We understand the concept and we've done it before. We like to have completely fair cades in which both sides are able to get as many staff members in as possible. We see the advantage to dropping good times for our benefit, yet we choose not to for reasons that I've already said. We do like cades, and when they are at times that we cannot compete or job for, it is disappointing. Especially cades that are on our own flag.
Chillii.
[Jul 16, 2011 11:08:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

You may have thought someone would repay the favor but there's no obligation for anyone to do so. It's nice that you did try to accommodate TFF last time but you didn't have any obligation to do so either. There's no point in complaining or pointing out the inconvenience (whichever one it is you're doing), it only gives any potential attacker more reason to do it. I'm not telling you to put the game ahead of real life, but if it really pisses you off, defend and don't let timing be a weakness other flags can take advantage of.
[removed by SOPA]
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kenjennings at Jul 16, 2011 12:06:15 PM]
[Jul 16, 2011 11:45:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

Don't bother guys, seriously, whenever something doesn't go according to what Icangun says, you're labelled a sucker from the get-go. No use arguing, he won't concede defeat.
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Jul 16, 2011 11:59:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captanharris

Aye first time OF attack us at coch we agreed to the best time we could defend against them (there wasn't a lot to play with) and they pulled out after the second round and said they would be back the week after we contacted them asked if they could delay the drop by 2 hours, at least 50% of our staff could not make it at that time that weekend, after speaking to them they said no, if your going to be a blockade active flag have a go at defending.

edit my shit wording
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Captanharris at Jul 16, 2011 2:35:20 PM]
[Jul 16, 2011 2:28:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadymermady

good luck TFF
Betty - Obsidian

Crip tells ye, "bout to turn on my balls warmer.."
[Jul 16, 2011 2:34:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

Don't bother guys, seriously, whenever something doesn't go according to what Icangun says, you're labelled a sucker from the get-go. No use arguing, he won't concede defeat.

That kinda goes for every forum poster here.
Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
[Jul 16, 2011 6:10:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

Wish the cade woulda been more equal, but anywho nice job all who went. Can't wait until next week. ^.^
I do what I can, when I can.

- Empathetic,
Still playing, here and there.
[Jul 17, 2011 2:54:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captanharris

Thankyou for all the support today those that come out and jobbed, I hope you enjoyed yourself we had a lot of fun. Thanks for the cade team for rocking up I know it wasn?t the most convenient time for some of you. Last I would like to thank Legacy for a very last second decision to send some ships in and save it from being a boring flag sit.

Forgot to say Taxes have now been lowered to 50% enjoy stall owners
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Captanharris at Jul 17, 2011 4:00:25 AM]
[Jul 17, 2011 3:49:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

Island holding flags should have staff from all parts of the world so you can defend at any time. It's nice to have a blockade that isn't US prime time for once (even if this time was even worse for me).
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Jul 17, 2011 3:56:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Lol Bobjanova, having a full inflag team in one timezone is hard enough, I'd say.

Good game TFF, we got some practice with 30 man frigs and it seemed you had fun sinking them. :D Not to mention Q's solo frigs, that actually sunk two brigs somehow, fun times.

Thanks everyone who jobbed for Legacy, and all staffmembers who showed up with such short notice!
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Jul 17, 2011 4:11:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chillii

Good game TFF xD.
Chillii.
[Jul 17, 2011 8:59:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

Lol Bobjanova, having a full inflag team in one timezone is hard enough, I'd say.

Unfortunately true ... we need more Aussies and Asians wanting to get into the blockade teams.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Jul 17, 2011 12:35:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

Avienda wrote: 
Good game TFF, we got some practice with 30 man frigs and it seemed you had fun sinking them. :D Not to mention Q's solo frigs, that actually sunk two brigs somehow, fun times.We lost, but wow, you guys /really/ suck.

Fixed for accuracy.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Jul 18, 2011 5:14:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Avienda wrote: 
Good game TFF, we got some practice with 30 man frigs and it seemed you had fun sinking them. :D Not to mention Q's solo frigs, that actually sunk two brigs somehow, fun times.We lost, but wow, you guys /really/ suck.

Fixed for accuracy.

Eh... I'm not sure what you mean but I didn't say that, and I never would.

Though considering the chat I had with Convict after the cade, I guess I don't really have to point that out.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Jul 18, 2011 5:25:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Drakoding

Good Luck!! =D
Drakoding

Captain Of Shadow Troopers
King Of Ultimate Phantoms
[Jul 19, 2011 3:51:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

You're a bit late.
Anchovia
[Jul 19, 2011 3:54:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

You're a bit late.

He just knows something you don't.

He is a genius you see,
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Whitehazed at Jul 19, 2011 10:30:27 AM]
[Jul 19, 2011 10:29:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates