• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 59
Posts: 59   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 24079 times and has 58 replies Next Thread
pegasiswolf

XMAS IN JULY -24 hr WB pilly.. lots of prizes!!

Dream Catchers is doing an XMAS IN JULY event!!!

mark your calendars... Friday, July 1st, 11am

24 HR pillage on a Gingerbread Warbrig...

Lots of prizes!!!! WIN A LE FROST LONGSHIP!... WIN A LE FROST SLOOP....tons of other prizes also :)

here is how it will work:

we will set sail at 11am Friday, July 1st.... we will be charted for the entire ocean.. lets see how far we get!! (we will port around 11am, saturday, so we will be done before cade time)

at every league point, we will pause a moment and tally score... 2 points for every incred.. .1 point for every excellent....

of course we will be pillaging along the way to earn lots of poe and lots of fun...

We will port once in each arch to divide.. then continue on right away

We will be giving ALL jobbing pirates a candy cane outfit (stripeys).. so we all look very xmasy :)

we will also have free new foils for anyone that only has a stick (also fish bludgeon for those without one)

PRIZES:

• LE FROST class Longship - to the pirate with the most overall points earned

• LE FROST class Sloop - to the pirate that stays for the most LPs!! (quicky drawing if there is a tie)

UPDATE: THANKS TO THE GENEROSITY OF FELLOW PIRATES.. WE ARE NOW ALSO GIVING AWAY THE FOLLOWING PRIZES:

• 2nd LE FROST longship - top overall points on GUNS (note: guns will be scored on the DR immediately following each battle.. rather than at the LPs like all other stations)

• Plain sloop (red/green) - Top overall points on Sails

• Plain sloop(red/green) - Top overall points on Rigging

• Plain sloop(red/green) - Top overall points on Carp

• Plain sloop(red/green) - Top overall points on bilge

• Xmas themed trinkets

• Xmas themed furniture

• 40+ wrapped presents (containing ANOTHER SLOOP, various furniture, trinkets, clothing, weapons, LE pets, etc)

• and of course.. the ever popular POE (trivia and other bonuses along the way as needed)

note: the presents will be handed out for fun reasons as we go (could be top station.. could be funniest joke.. could be last one alive in the fight.... could be the first person to click trade with me.... could be about any reason we think of at the time).... should have enough prizes to hand out about 2 every hour!!!!

We also have a request in for some special stuff!!! (i will post when i get a reply)

If you have any questions .. just ask :)

HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE THERE!!!! BRING YOUR FRIENDS!!!
----------------------------------------
Pegasiswolf- Captain of Dream Catchers and Queen of Fleet of Dreams -Emerald

host of XMAS IN JULY event

"maintaining a positive attitude may not fix all of lifes problems, but it should annoy enough ppl to make it worth the effort"
[Edit 4 times, last edit by pegasiswolf at Jun 23, 2011 6:36:57 AM]
[Jun 20, 2011 1:33:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Oceansadness

Re: XMAS IN JULY -24 hr WB pilly.. lots of prizes!!

Sounds funnnnn ^_^ Will try to be there.
Sedna in Sage. Sedna/Seawaterdrop in Emerald

If it floats, shoot at it!
[Jun 20, 2011 2:04:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thisismactan

Should have a game of Where's Waldo
Narcky
"It's not so much that I'm an atheist so much as it is the sneaking suspicion that I myself may be God."

The legend of Twisted Parallax lives on.
[Jun 20, 2011 2:19:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Should have a game of Where's Waldo

with everyone dressed in stripeys.. could be hard lol... but good idea to do a "first one to find and click trade with "thispirate".. get a pressie!!

ooo.. more suggestions for fun stuff along the way.. (i need to come up with about 48 various reasons to give ppl prizes... lol)

"maintaining a positive attitude may not fix all of lifes problems, but it should annoy enough ppl to make it worth the effort"
[Jun 20, 2011 2:31:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Sounds funnnnn ^_^ Will try to be there.

yayyy... bring all ur crewbies/friends :)

[Jun 20, 2011 2:32:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Artof_Murder

Sounds like something I would do :P I'll be there for all 24 hours! You KNOW it! PS if you need a guest naver from being tired ... ;)
Gamebug(IO) of Emerald.
Captain, SO, FO and CP of The Conglomerate.

Castor tells ye, "I'd go get some sleep!"
"Yay for unexpected gifts in yer booty!" -Hera
[Jun 20, 2011 3:50:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

yayy gamebug... glad u will be planning on the whole 24 hrs.. i think purplebeard is also planning on the whole 24 hrs... u guys can see who lasts the longest :)

and of course ill be happy to let ya guest bnav here and there... but since ive been stuck at illustrious bnav since.. 2007!! i would like to do a bunch of the bnav myself and finally get my sublime!!

im all excited.. june go away.. bring on july!!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by pegasiswolf at Jun 20, 2011 5:30:29 PM]
[Jun 20, 2011 5:29:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
melmelmel202

Ahh this seems so fun v.v Sadly I won't be able to make it to beat both Bug and PB at it :P
I deleted my pirate because I got a slightly less depressing real life.
(But I made a mistreated and under used new one)
[Jun 20, 2011 6:56:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sk8ergurl13

SWEET sounds awsum ill def be there for ATLEAST 12 hours but im not so great at the all nighter thing >.>
Skatergurl of Emerald
[Jun 20, 2011 8:39:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artof_Murder

I will literally wipe my calendar to stay :P PB got nothin' on me!! :D I'm very much looking forward to this, it's gonna be soooo fun:)

I'm gonna dress up and everything. And perhaps donate some prizes. (This is the first all-nighter voyage I've seen that I wasn't in charge of so it's very exciting)
Gamebug(IO) of Emerald.

[Jun 21, 2011 12:45:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

The xmas spirit has hit Sage!!!

Special thanks to all the pirates that have been donating even MORE prizes!!!

too many to name em all... but I want to say special thanks to:

cuthroatcaz for donating the design and partial construction cost...for the 2nd frost longship plus other items (pet, LE furniture, etc)

ibringdoom for donating 2 more sloops

gamebug for donating another sloop

because of you guys (ALL of u.. not just those mentioned).. there will be some really great items to be won by everyone..

it just makes me proud to be a pirate with all u guys :)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by pegasiswolf at Jun 21, 2011 3:52:35 AM]
[Jun 21, 2011 3:45:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
makalintal

This'll be an interesting joyride, I'll try to be there! ;)
°ßonifacio- Born in Sage°
[Jun 21, 2011 7:18:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/myprofile [Link]  Go to top 
Basic_x

I'll try be there, sounds like fun either way and thank you for running it!
Basicx of Sage Ocean
[Jun 21, 2011 9:16:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

yay.... Apollo has agreed to Rename the Frost ships before the event ....for free!!!! (not the plain ones tho)... so the prizes will now be RENAMED LE FROST longship and sloop.. I will post the names once i think of some names and get them approved.

there will also be a listing on the upcoming events tab.. and an OM broadcast announcing it...

(wont know about my special items request until just before the event starts)

just a NOTE: a WB only holds 30.. so at the start I am sure we will have no problem filling it.. and some ppl may not be able to join... BUT .. plz remember... even if u dont get on right from the start.. we will be out for 24 hours straight!!.. Please hop on throughout the day... and help prevent us from becoming undermanned in the later stages of the pillage. We will be giving out at least 2 prizes every hour along the way... so LOTS of stuff to be won.. even by those that can only come for short periods...

[Jun 21, 2011 10:53:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
catscanner

Will their be any Sub-Events inside the "Pillage". For example. Will there be occasional Viking + IO + BK Compasses to do for a lulz?
[Jun 21, 2011 11:13:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Will their be any Sub-Events inside the "Pillage". For example. Will there be occasional Viking + IO + BK Compasses to do for a lulz?

Im sure on such a long pillage.. we will win lots of expos... and if they are in our path.. we will stop to do them (tho we wont recharting backwards (well maybe 1-2 lps lol)... (of course.. whether or not we do the bk ones.. will depend on amount of booty we would risk/number of ppl onboard.. etc)

If anyone would like to bring viking/non-sinking IO expos along .. I dont see any problem with tossing on a FEW of them along the way... (tho we will be charting for entire ocean... so 20 expos.. all by admiral would be a distraction lol)

[Jun 21, 2011 11:36:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Kikuneechan

This is cuteness! <3

I shall try my best to be there as long as I can! :O <33
--Kikuneechan of Sage-Emerald (& others)
[ Captain of the Remnant ];
{ avatar is self-made }
busy with real life.
[Jun 22, 2011 7:20:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
goregrindxv

Nice event to revive the "Pillage Industry".

Pillage Industry for the win!
Deadcode - Emerald

"That moment when you realized you are born 9 months after your father's birthday. Coincidence -- I think not."

[Jun 22, 2011 10:51:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PhantomNuke

Please note that a recent all-islands pillage - hitting all islands on sage, taking 23.5 hours, 600k voyage total, and 61 battles - found a bug in the booty division. It only stored attendance information for the last 30 or so battles. Thus the people at the start get screwed.

It is not known at this time if it has been fixed or not.
There is a workaround: Port and split every 20 battles.

The OMs refused to support us when we found this, and simply said to bug report it.
Game Design: A place to hide all your posts from OOO employees.
[Jun 22, 2011 2:00:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artof_Murder

Please note that a recent all-islands pillage - hitting all islands on sage, taking 23.5 hours, 600k voyage total, and 61 battles - found a bug in the booty division. It only stored attendance information for the last 30 or so battles. Thus the people at the start get screwed.

The OMs refused to support us when we found this, and simply said to bug report it.

They are porting each arch, so this probably won't be a problem. :D
Gamebug(IO) of Emerald.

[Jun 22, 2011 2:36:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PhantomNuke

They are porting each arch, so this probably won't be a problem. :D

/e mumbles something along the lines of "read the (unintelligible) thread before you (unintelligible) post"

/e whistles innocently and goes back to GD
Game Design: A place to hide all your posts from OOO employees.
[Jun 22, 2011 3:02:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

update:

Thanks to the generosity of some more pirates.. we have been able to PAINT the plain prize sloops in xmasy colors (reds/greens)

so ty nidhoeggr, serenity, lizzielou, senga, dendrobia, and of course everyone else that has helped

also... Akash has donated 2 sloops(among other things)... so we have an EXTRA sloop to give away.. so I am just gonna wrap it up (via trinket) and toss it under a tree with all the other wonderful presents!!!! good luck!!!

Akash has also donated some STOCK (500 rum and 1500 small cbs).. not for our pillage... but to be WON.... so (10) lucky winners will be winning 50rum/150smcbs each!!!

thanks to lunarena and cuthroatcaz...we also now have (2) unnamed LE pets hiding in presents waiting to find new homes, a black dog (original cost 50K+50dubs), and a black small dog (original cost 50K+50dubs)

[Jun 23, 2011 6:35:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

I have been asked by a few pirates .. if they are allowed to double client with alts.... i have decided to NOT allow this!! There seems to be a large amount of interest, and very limited spaces (30) onboard... I would like to give as many different ppl as possible the chance to win prizes...

of course... its possible to double client without me knowing.. but i am asking everyone to PLEASE not do this... there will be plenty of opportunity for you to win prizes.. on a single pirate...

so.. sorry purplebeard.. u may not bring 4 pirates onboard.. and get 4 increds each lp.. lol

[Jun 23, 2011 6:44:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Jouerdesjeux

~Huzzah!~

Gonna be so much fun. See you there (if you've got any sense at all).

Have some name ideas. Talk to you in-game Pegasis.

Thanks in advance for all the time and effort you've put into this. Everything has it's hiccups, but, when the day comes, just ignore the grumblers and know you are appreciated.
[Jun 24, 2011 4:15:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cnuofesd

Make it a frig pillage and accomodate more mates!
Capablanca on Emerald
My posts are not my own opinion.
[Jun 24, 2011 4:45:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ht8

Make it a frig pillage and accomodate more mates!

Was discussed... Not happening i believe ><
Ibringdoom of sage
- BANNED

Tried to ban evade @ ixgoldxl, didn't work.
[Jun 25, 2011 10:05:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artof_Murder

My sleep schedule is thoroughly scuppered up and so I'm ready to stay up all night!!! WAHOO!!!
Gamebug(IO) of Emerald.

[Jun 25, 2011 2:38:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SRT0001

My sleep schedule is thoroughly scuppered up and so I'm ready to stay up all night!!! WAHOO!!!

Gamebug, You can have the 24 hour win.... with me still throwing up blood on a regular basis and needing a nap every 5 hours or so, I'm not sure i can even puzzle properly never mind puzzle properly for 24 hours straight

So enjoy your ships

Peggy, I'm terribly sorry..i was looking forward to this event but Health issues got in the way =( Good luck =)
--Purplebeard on Sage Ocean--
--Captain of the Crew "Search For Tomorrow"
--Prince of the Flag "Say No More"
[Jun 25, 2011 6:07:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artof_Murder

Gamebug, You can have the 24 hour win.... with me still throwing up blood on a regular basis and needing a nap every 5 hours or so, I'm not sure i can even puzzle properly never mind puzzle properly for 24 hours straight

So enjoy your ships

Peggy, I'm terribly sorry..i was looking forward to this event but Health issues got in the way =( Good luck =)

Aww PB it's not about the ships, I want illust carp. Lol :P feel better man<33
Gamebug(IO) of Emerald.

[Jun 25, 2011 10:10:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cortezs

Out of curiosity will u start jobbing before 11 am or will u start jobbing at 11 am? Also its 11 am gametime riht?
Cortezs- Bnaver for Hire
[Jun 26, 2011 7:33:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 59   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates