• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 98
Posts: 98   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 30900 times and has 97 replies Next Thread
cybrpyro

Re: Costumed Corsairs - Themed Portrait Contest - Win a deck of cards! [IN JUDGING] Reply to this Post

Lets just hope it does not take as long as this event to be completed....
----------------------------------------
Cybrpyro on da Cobalt ocean...as well as the rest

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 
Cybr-dude puts the F. U. in fun!!

[Feb 1, 2011 5:43:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MaryWorth

Re: Costumed Corsairs - Themed Portrait Contest - Win a deck of cards! [IN JUDGING] Reply to this Post

Lord - that last post from that event was 8 months later - did it ever end?
- Sibil on Emerald

Avatar by the very talented Rampage
[Feb 1, 2011 7:09:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

Nope. Still waiting on Apollo to hold the blockades to sink the ships.

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 

[Feb 1, 2011 10:49:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MaryWorth

SIGH - well, that blows. I hope this doesn't end up that way.
- Sibil on Emerald

[Feb 1, 2011 11:27:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cajuninferno

*peeking in for update* :)
Lissaboo of Cobalt
Senior Officer & Bait of serenity
Owner of Lissaboo's Furnishing Stall on Kirin
[Feb 7, 2011 10:12:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

Nope, guess she didn't mean this weekend either...

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 

[Feb 7, 2011 12:17:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MaryWorth

Does this mean we ALL win? :)
- Sibil on Emerald

[Feb 11, 2011 4:17:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MissCee

Does this mean we ALL win? :)

Since it hasn't been judged yet, can I submit more entries? ;)
Misscee on Cobalt

[Feb 11, 2011 8:19:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stacyhaight

I think so, haha :) They all looked great and for waiting this long yes we all deserve to win, lol
[Feb 11, 2011 10:26:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

On Jan 11, 2011 Galene wrote: 
Just a quick note to let you mates know, I've not forgotten this event!

I've made several attempts to whittle the list down but not yet been able to make the final culling. I hope to have the final winners list by the next weekend!

Guess she did not mean this weekend either....

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 

[Feb 15, 2011 5:28:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MadMe

On Jan 11, 2011 Galene wrote: 
Just a quick note to let you mates know, I've not forgotten this event!

I've made several attempts to whittle the list down but not yet been able to make the final culling. I hope to have the final winners list by the next weekend!

Guess she did not mean this weekend either....

Maybe this is an event within an event.

First event: post the winning portrait
Event within the event: guess the correct weekend that winners are announced!
Madme (on all oceans)
Captain of the Black Rum on the Meridian
A loyal Riddlemaker© on the Meridian
...and going MAD one gene at a time

Awesome Avatar by Catlin
[Feb 17, 2011 4:50:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lightmaster7

Then my guess is the weekend of December 22nd and 23rd 2012. Which is the weekend after 12/21/12 when everybody thinks "the world will end".
Sxygrl on Sage Emerald.
SO of The BootLeggers
Current Queen of The End

[Edit 1 times, last edit by lightmaster7 at Feb 17, 2011 7:26:23 PM]
[Feb 17, 2011 4:59:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cajuninferno

*peeks*
Lissaboo of Cobalt
Senior Officer & Bait of serenity
Owner of Lissaboo's Furnishing Stall on Kirin
[Feb 24, 2011 10:10:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stacyhaight

Guess this just was not ment to be, sigh
[Mar 9, 2011 4:39:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

Naw... Judging starts for THIS Halloween. It was meant to be a 2011 contest. Yea, that must be it.

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 

[Mar 9, 2011 5:31:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Verixx

Galene come back!!!!! :o(
-+-Vera-+-
[Mar 10, 2011 5:29:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

Winners! Finally. >.<
I swore I'd never let an event get this long in the judging phase, but alas that was not a promise I was able to keep. I wasn't familiar with some of the themes used, requiring me to do a bit of research to make sure that I gave each entry a fair shot at being selected! I admit, I let myself get overwhelmed on several attempts to judge this. I'm making some arrangements for a way to make this up to you, mates.

A few quick notes:
  • As always, there were several prize-worthy entries who didn't make the final cut simply because we have to have some firm limits for OMs like me who are not disciplined enough to be brutal with the slashing! Please don't be disappointed if your entry didn't receive a prize. You still had a fabulous portrait!
  • Malachite had no qualifying entries so I've redistributed their 2 guaranteed prizes as global prices. Global prizes now have 5 slots instead of the initial 3.
  • Due to the delay in judging, I'm extending the portrait timetable for winners through November 20, 2011. You have until that time to redeem your free portrait. I'll still need at least a week's notice for scheduling unless you're ready this week. I'll have more information on that in your forum PMs.
  • Honorable mentions and winners will fine a wrapped gift on their pirates in the next few hours. I'll update this post when prizes are delivered!

Midnight:
Jsweetie for "Another apple? I think i'll pass", Wicked Queenfish, indeed!
Herowena for "They're Altogether Ooky". "Thing" in the background was especially cute!
Mousebeard for "It's the Great Pumpkin!", complete with all our favorite characters, even Snoopy!
Honorable Mentions to Rhodanite for "Princess Buttercup&Dread Robert", Jainasolo for "Sheepish" and Skevington for "Undeadliest Catch".

Cobalt:
Redjenny for "Candy Corn!". I admit, it made me hungry. I too like to bite each color off separately.
Misscee for "Never Trust a Woman". You really nailed this with the flesh-toned clothing, gardenofeden's shack and the serpent!
Honorable Mentions to (Jalan and) Kattles for "The Simpsons" and Kattles for "Katty Krueger"

Hunter:
Deathmessage for "Raidin' Corpses". Plenty of carrion to feast upon around here!
Oochbooch for Cocka-Doodle-Boo!. I'm not sure what OM renamed that ship "Gold Chicken Nugget", but I bet they had a good giggle over it!

Sage:
Tilinka for "Star Sprinkles, Anyone?". It's a shame we didn't have ponies then to complete this portrait, but you really put the outfit together perfectly!
Asterea for "Alice Human Sacrifice". I have to confess, part of the dlay was familiarizing myself with this one. Many hours were spent watching videos after you introduced me to this story! I quite enjoyed it and you did the theme justice!
Sizzly for "Sizzly - (click link for full name). The best part of your theme was "Hook Shelf, governed by none."
Honorable Mentions to Sibil for "Check Your Chocolate for Blades!", Soeny for "Who Killed the Ocean Masters?", Bonifacio for "One and a Half Man" and Marishi for "Ever dance with the Devil..."

Viridian:
Anchovia for "Off With Her Head!"*Gulps and holders her throat*
Jippy for "A Hat Full of Sky". The theme really came together here with all the different facets!
Sainthuck for "Land where the Bong-tree grows". This was new to me but very cute and well represented!
Honorable Mentions to Arietta for "Arietta: Camouflage Professional", Alekto for "I'm Just A Sweet Transvestite ?", Madme for "Only This, and Nothing More" and SeLeenn for "Phantasmic"

Jade & Opal:
Jeroen of Opal for "Is there balm in Gilead?". The tailor was a perfect location!
Honorable Mentions to Stonekeeper of Opal for "Red Bull verleiht Flügel" and Vera of Jade for "Truco o Tetra Brick?"

Edit: Fixed a broken link.
Galene
(12:24:59 PM) Oceanus: Hahaha ur ded on teh grond
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Galene at Mar 13, 2011 6:40:11 AM]
[Mar 13, 2011 4:49:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

Re: Costumed Corsairs - Themed Portrait Contest - Win a deck of cards! [WINNERS ANNOUNCED] Reply to this Post

Just wanted to change the subject here :D
Edit: And in game prizes have been delivered for both winners and honorable mentions, forum PMs sent to winners and an in-game message as well to direct them to forum PMs.

Winners and honorable mentions received a wrapped present inscribed " Costumed Corsair" as well as an inscribed ribbon in black + their color choice (fancy for winners).

If any errors were made, please contact me by PM as soon as possible.
Galene
(12:24:59 PM) Oceanus: Hahaha ur ded on teh grond
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Galene at Mar 13, 2011 6:24:15 AM]
[Mar 13, 2011 4:51:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
makalintal

Re: Costumed Corsairs - Themed Portrait Contest - Win a deck of cards! [WINNERS ANNOUNCED] Reply to this Post

YAY! 4 months finally! :)
°ßonifacio- Born in Sage°
[Mar 13, 2011 4:53:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/myprofile [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Oooh! Thank you <3 and congratulations everyone ^^
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Mar 13, 2011 5:51:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MissCee

YAY YAY YAY!

Thanks Galene!
Misscee on Cobalt

[Mar 13, 2011 10:29:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jippeh14

Yayyy! Thankee Galene :D
Grats everyone <3
Jippy of Meridian
[Mar 13, 2011 1:06:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tilinka

Oh yay! Thanks Galene!
Tilinka, Emerald
Perilous Puppet
Avatar Thread | Finished Artsy Stuff | Sketches
[Mar 13, 2011 1:23:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com/blog    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
MadMe

Such a wonderful Sunday for me! Thanks Galene for the ribbon and bones. Congrats to all the winners!
Madme (on all oceans)
Captain of the Black Rum on the Meridian
A loyal Riddlemaker© on the Meridian
...and going MAD one gene at a time

Awesome Avatar by Catlin
[Mar 13, 2011 1:49:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
uppy_pay

Wow that's fab!!

Thanks so much Galene, glad to see all the effort and research you put into making a descision!
Kattles, where it counts. (Cerulean)
[Mar 13, 2011 3:08:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Verixx

Weee! thanks :o)
-+-Vera-+-
[Mar 13, 2011 4:17:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Thank you very much! I had a great time planning and making the portrait, and I'd love to see this sort of event run again. :)
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Mar 13, 2011 4:32:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Wee. :)

Marlenee and I had fun planning the portrait and I couldn't have won without her. :D
Anchovia
[Mar 13, 2011 5:03:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lunasundae

Ooh, I got an honourable mention! Thanks, Galene!
And congratulations to all the other winners! :D
[Mar 13, 2011 6:00:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gruftspion

Thank you and grats to all winners!
Stonekeeper on Opal

"Nach dem Schlafen hab ich immer so schöne Muster im Gesicht."
[Mar 14, 2011 6:41:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 98   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates