• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 37
Posts: 37   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6064 times and has 36 replies Next Thread
LJAmethyst

Re: Doubscibe > Subloons? Reply to this Post

bump.

It should be noted that an OceanMaster has informed us that coinscribing does not protect your account from purging. Only purchases with real $ are guaranteed to protect an account from purging should the account go dormant.

Posts above about purge protection are all incorrect. Including, it seems, /gift subscriptions and box edition purchases.
----------------------------------------
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Mar 5, 2011 7:54:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

In that case, the workaround is to doubscribe on an alt, and /gift it over to your main. I just checked an account that was gifted years ago and it still has pirates on it. (I am curious about whether it's a bug creeping in, because the other methods listed were all tested and confirmed.)
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Mar 5, 2011 11:13:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

I don't see how that will help, when Galene was quite clear:

Only purchases with real $ are guaranteed to protect an account from purging should the account go dormant.

/gift does not use real $, so how does the extra step guarantee something an OM did not? Your anecdote is not a guarantee from Three Rings.
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at Mar 5, 2011 11:58:18 AM]
[Mar 5, 2011 11:57:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

All I know is that it worked. /me shrugs
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Mar 5, 2011 12:33:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

My account is /gifted and I'm fairly sure it is purge protected (after a long break I got a warning email for my second account but never for that one).
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Mar 5, 2011 5:46:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cephalopod
Developer

All I know is that it worked. /me shrugs

All you know is that it has worked for you so far.

There are a handful of things that may or may not, at any given time, avoid the pirate purger, but the only thing we actually guarantee protects an account from being purged for inactivity is a purchase with real money.

Relying on anything other than that is done at your own risk.
[Mar 5, 2011 7:18:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pomfret

somebody in late 2006 wrote: 
and i'm australian so $1AU = $0.7564US as of three days ago

And now it is $1AU=$1.01US.
Pomfret of Midnight Cerulean and Most Oceans
Except when I am Scroogie or somebody else

Stupid merger made me change my signature...
[Mar 6, 2011 7:09:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 37   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates