• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 66
Posts: 66   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 24450 times and has 65 replies Next Thread
Jackarius23

Re: A Rube Goldberg Piratey Art Contest! - win a parrot! [Ends Feb 1] Reply to this Post

/me wants to see the ressulltsss

It would help to wait until the event actually closes first :D

/thwaps you with a patience stick

I just got thwapp'd when i went on my heartys viking expo and said "Not gunning - i haz cake omnom"

Trilan thwaps Kork
Trilan says, "be happy I thwap and not use a spatula."

/me has bruising
----------------------------------------
Kork, Meridian
Jackarius, Cerulean

Cleaver is going to strangle all of you.

[Jan 29, 2011 1:37:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tutanhamon5

Re: A Rube Goldberg Piratey Art Contest! - win a parrot! [Ends Feb 1] Reply to this Post

Is that ok if i used dropbox? Can yo usee my picture? Mosquitos on Malachite (picture ''Alarm clock'')
[Jan 29, 2011 11:46:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Is that ok if i used dropbox? Can yo usee my picture? Mosquitos on Malachite (picture ''Alarm clock'')

Sorry! I ran away for the weekend but I see you've found a site to host your picture- which is good, because the dropbox link wasn't working! Thank you for working it out!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Jan 30, 2011 3:31:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LoAmi

Can't we use Flickr?
Lto of the Sage Ocean.
[Jan 30, 2011 6:07:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001391008678 [Link]  Go to top 
LoAmi

We CAN used Flickr, correct?
Lto of the Sage Ocean.
[Jan 30, 2011 6:24:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001391008678 [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

We CAN used Flickr, correct?

Sure thing! Any hosting site is fine as long as it doesn't require special passwords, registration, logging in etc - for the general public to view it.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Jan 30, 2011 6:49:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LoAmi

Thank ye.
Lto of the Sage Ocean.
[Jan 30, 2011 7:01:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001391008678 [Link]  Go to top 
Tutanhamon5

Dexla do You like Your knitting doll? ;)
[Jan 30, 2011 10:46:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tutanhamon5

Billions of blue blistering barnacles! I just looked on jobs of others to see how they are done, but I saw some have pretty much idea like my! And ones even named alarm clock too! I hope you dont think im stealing the idea, because i started to think the idea almost as the event started, but i was too lazy to start painting it xD, and i even talked to Apollo.
[Jan 30, 2011 11:18:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tutanhamon5

Oh god! I just looked how good are others jobs and I noticed one has the same topic! I hope You dotn think im stealing the idea, because i was thinking of it as event started, but i was too lazy to start drawing, i only skeched it. I even talked to Apollo!

Mosquitos of Malachite
[Jan 30, 2011 11:21:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
uppy_pay

If you've got the required 3 purchasable furniture items, can you also use a non-purchasable item?

Like the big homun in a jar or something?
Kattles, where it counts. (Cerulean)
[Jan 30, 2011 11:25:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

If you've got the required 3 purchasable furniture items, can you also use a non-purchasable item?

Like the big homun in a jar or something?

Sure can!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Jan 31, 2011 4:18:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stotiger

when can we see who the winners are :P
{Stotiger}
[Jan 31, 2011 12:28:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
uppy_pay

when can we see who the winners are :P

lol!

The contest doesn't close for another 24 hours.

Only then can the deliberations begin to decide the winners...

Judging can take several days, to weeks to even months... Depending on the entries, the prizes and a whole lot of other factors!

Patience...
[Jan 31, 2011 8:26:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
uppy_pay

Faeree of Sage

So THATS how bilge botting works :P
[Feb 1, 2011 12:41:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Re: A Rube Goldberg Piratey Art Contest! - win a parrot! [IN JUDGING!] Reply to this Post

OKAY everyone! I got a little sucked into the TV for a minute, so closing was a few minutes late, but this event has officially ended and I'll be moving it on to the judges now! Please allow us a couple of weeks to review these incredible entries! Of course as soon as I know, I will post! (And believe me, I get just as excited with anticipation as everyone else does!)

Thank you everyone who entered!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Feb 1, 2011 6:17:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
XEcastasy

Thanks Dexla for another awesome-tastic event!

I would like to apologize for the size of my original image, I'm still getting use to my drawing programing and finding out which sizes translates on the web as waaay too big!

*Also, no animals were seriously hurt in the making of my drawing

Cheers!
Ecastasy of ... Cerulean

[Feb 1, 2011 6:20:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tutanhamon5

Re: A Rube Goldberg Piratey Art Contest! - win a parrot! [IN JUDGING!] Reply to this Post

And I would like to apologise for 2 same posts, because when I posted it first time it showed up only after few minutes...

Will it really take weeks?

And thanks You very much for this event, because this is my first one, i didn't know here are such events!
[Feb 1, 2011 10:29:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackarius23

squeeee!
Kork, Meridian
Jackarius, Cerulean

[Feb 2, 2011 6:00:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

Faeree of Sage

So THATS how bilge botting works :P

Hee hee :)

Thanks Dexla for a wonderful event! Good Luck judges and entrants!
Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Avvie by Tilinka!
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Feb 2, 2011 8:28:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
Ht8

Good luck to all the entries. The entries are all MAGNIFICENT. <3
Ibringdoom of sage
- BANNED

Tried to ban evade @ ixgoldxl, didn't work.
[Feb 2, 2011 1:13:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CillisC123

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!!!

O_o

o_O
Topsail
Viridian

Shazingle!

Avvie By Me!!!

If you miss Floody, say Arr!
[Feb 3, 2011 5:57:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackarius23

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!!!

Kork, Meridian
Jackarius, Cerulean

[Feb 5, 2011 4:25:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Penguin186

It's my first contest i'm in! I have REALY SMALL CHANCES to win with these awesome entrys.
I'm called Penguini on Sage.

Someone said PWNage!?
[Feb 11, 2011 9:13:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Re: A Rube Goldberg Piratey Art Contest! - win a parrot! [RESULTS!] Reply to this Post

I can't tell you all how impressed I was with each and every entry! When I first asked Apollo if I could run this event, I worried that no one would understand the idea behind Rube Goldberg machines, much less how to incorporate them into our piratey lives, but day after day, your creative ideas came pouring in and I stared at each one and made little joyous squeals. Be proud! You are an impressive bunch of scallywags!

Many thanks to the super speedy judges! I couldn't do this without them. My personal thanks to Apollo for allowing me to run this event, and for all his support, both technical and moral!

Without complicating the post you've all been waiting for...

Honorable mentions winning a ruby (red) starfish:
Hollowgrace of Hunter
Ecastasy of Cobalt
Greylady of Malachite
Robroy of Opal
Asphyxiated of Cobalt

Additional honorable mentions winning a gold starfish:
Tilted of Viridian
Rustylove of Cobalt

In a tie for 4th place, winning one item from their inventions:
Culture of Hunter's "In the Defense of Viking Raids" - wins a red ship's bell
Adrielle of Viridian's "Rum Supplying Invention" - wins a vase of red wildflowers

***The following 3 people also win a red and gold ribbon***
In 3rd place, winning three items from his invention - a red ship's wheel, candles, and a pedestal:
Masters of Hunter's "How to Recolor a Familiar"

The 2nd place winner of the renamed sloop "Ruby Goldfish" (which just got a fresh paint job of red railings, and gold sideboards):

Stotiger of Sage's "How to Walk Your Pony! You Lazy Pirates."

And last, but not least, winning her very own Ruby Goldbird (a red/gold unnamed parrot):
Tams of Malachite's "The Team Machine!"

Prizes will be delivered by a dashing and stealthy OM soon!
CONGRATULATIONS to the winners and thanks to all of the entrants!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dexla at Feb 11, 2011 11:21:55 AM]
[Feb 11, 2011 10:31:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dgarcia59

Re: A Rube Goldberg Piratey Art Contest! - win a parrot! [RESULTS!] Reply to this Post

Thanks for running this event! I've always been a Rube Goldberg fan, even playing The Incredible Machine back in the day...

Congrats to the other winners too, yall had some spectacular entries :)
Culture
N & G, I'm Tenacious!
Hunter Ocean
Billy Blaze wrote: 
Sounds like a plan, oh bearded one!

[Feb 11, 2011 12:04:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tams5

Oh man there were so many great ones I didn't know what my chances were! :happy squeee!: My first contest won familiar! This just made my friday!

I've always been a fan of Wil E. Coyote's plans but never knew they were Rube Goldberg inspired. so awesome!

Congrats to all of the winners and thank you so much Dexla for hosting a fun and inspiring contest. I had a blast! ^_____^
Tams of Mala

Avie by Falmari <3

Sun tells ye, "Har har har! I parrot you!" - It was then Tams realized that all prizes should be gifted in this manner.
[Feb 11, 2011 12:55:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
XEcastasy

Thanks for the event! Congrats to the winners :)
Ecastasy of ... Cerulean

[Feb 11, 2011 6:04:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Thanks for the HM, and congrats to all the winners! Thanks for hosting this great event Dexla! :D
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
[Feb 11, 2011 7:41:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Distructible

Thank you Dexla :) and congratulations for all the winners!
Masters on Emerald.
[Feb 12, 2011 3:11:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 66   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates